SolarWinds Mail Assure Reviews

SolarWinds Mail Assure

Email security and continuity tool with archiving

4.48/5 (23 reviews)

Pros
  • You can customise you dashboard\admin panel. Support is brilliant and a very good knowledge base.Adrian T.Read the full review
  • It will be nice to have some kind communication to help the customers to be aware and at least we can be prepared in advanced. Just some notice will be helpull.IMAD H.Read the full review
  • It just works and love the 365 plugin. It has been a great help to my clients.Erik P.Read the full review
Cons
  • Our customers usually have a lot of negative things to say about the spam filtering service prior to Mail Assure, silence is golden.Adam S.Read the full review
  • Had to learn something new. Was confused about some of the terms.Erik P.Read the full review
  • After a week I could already see how much spam was blocked and didn't reach the mailboxes anymore.Rodney K.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Adam Summers

An excellent email security filter

Reviewed 2020-02-26

Our customers usually have a lot of negative things to say about the spam filtering service prior to Mail Assure, silence is golden!

Pros
Highly configurable, very accurate spam stopper

Cons
I personally found you need a fair bit of help with the configuration, but their technical sales and support team is A* - I would recommend using them as much as possible during the setup phase to ensure everything is setup correctly.

Michael Kahn

Reducing unwanted email by 98% instantly

Reviewed 2019-09-11

I LOVE this product and have started to offer it to entire client base. I have not heard any complaints from those that have been migrated to it and those on it... they LOVE the fact that the majority of the garbage has been eliminated!

Pros
How quickly it was able to be implemented in our organization. Modifying the reports and setting the security profiles was very intuitive. It captures over 98% of unwanted email and provides an easy to read report of anything that was caught... and a simple way to release it and enable to the system to 'learn' about this type of mail in the future.

Cons
Some of the reports were a little difficult to setup. This was the only part that was not very intuitive. The definition of 'row' and 'column' produces EXTREMELY different ports, but there is no easy explanation as to what those two definitions actually mean.

Ryan Polasek

Switch to Mail Assure

Reviewed 2018-10-09

We switched off of EOP due to Office 365 support issues and the lack of it. Solarwinds provides much better support and access to staff instantly. We are still working out some bugs and learning the software but look forward to using it.

Pros
- Mail Assure does a good job with locating and marking SPAM messages. The main and second class are helpful for creating rules in our Exchange to do things based on that marking - The overall filtering speed is quick and reliable - Mail Assure offers a bit of flexibility as compared to other vendors.

Cons
- The console can be a little confusing for first time users - There is no ability for multiple admins to access all the domains - I receive a gateway timeout instead of no data message for one of the searches - We have already had a couple instances of bounce backs to our customers due to issues with Mail Assure - There needs to be more options for global setting we can push to all the domains to simply the setup of new domains - Support needs to escalate issues quicker to the engineering team for quicker responses and faster resolutions

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Lee Winborne

Mail Assure Review

Reviewed 2019-12-17

Mail Assure is protecting our business on the front end by stopping (and continuing to train) spam and malicious Email before it gets into our environment; therefore, I'd say it's doing a very good job to thwart off issues before they become an issue.

Pros
The implementation was very easy and quick to get started. We were up and running as soon as our ISP redirected our Email traffic to Mail Assure. Mail Assure is going a really good job in catching what it says it will catch. It caught over 18,000 messages within the first several days of operation.

Cons
Navigating around in the Web User Interface isn't quite as intuitive as I would like. It takes a bit of getting used to (mainly with regards to terminology and verbiage); however, once you learn the "lingo" and the "operations" of the dashboard, it becomes easier.

Rodney Knaap

Great email protection service!

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Recently I found an increase in the spam traffic on the domains I am working with. Finally I had to make a decision which company to use for my protection. I took a long time searching and reading and found SolarWinds Mail Assure. When I contacted them they were most helpful and accommodating to meet my needs and help me get started. I was in a hurry to get my protection as soon as possible and the team of SolarWinds Mail Assure was very helpful to assist me to get started quickly. The service is very open to get to know it by means of a free trial. After trying the service I quickly found that this is exactly what I needed. The spam protection is very accurate. It is just like my CleanPort experience years ago, setup the service and after setting it up, I checked the logs occasionally and saw it's very accurate and so far, I didn't need any monitoring at all. After a week I could already see how much spam was blocked and didn't reach the mailboxes anymore.

Pros
The best feature about this software is how well it protects email traffic from spam and virusses. I used to be a customer of CleanPort which for some years has been discontinued. After this I didn't find a good service to replace it because CleanPort was absolutely perfect. Recently I had another careful search and read a lot about SolarWinds Mail Assure. One of the things I liked is that they are constantly improving and evolving their solutions. That is exactly what results in a reliable anti-spam and anti-virus protection, staying on top of things.

Cons
When I started to setup the service for my domains which needed protection, I first had to make myself familiar with the user interface and structure of the control pages. But this was relatively easy once I knew where everything can be found and took me about an hour to get things up and running for my domains. Everything you need is there in the user interface.

IMAD HOUBALLAH

my review

Reviewed 2019-07-11

not easy at the beginning .. the difficult parts is the communication between us and the support. 2x times .. the solardwinds server did a migration .. and we had all our local company emails stopped working because the new platform reinitialize and block all the incoming mails ... it will be nice to have some kind communication to help the customers to be aware and at least we can be prepared in advanced. just some notice will be helpull.

Pros
user friendly

Cons
Dashboard platform is reacting very slow and not fluid like some others panels on web browser ..

Jazmun Hood

Mail Assure is a Sure Thing!!

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Pros
There was a little bit of a learning curve but once you configure the dashboard to suit your best needs, it is like a second buddy at work. Thanks to Mail Assure, I can keep an accurate account of all of our customers' usage for billing purposes.

Cons
It took a little bit of getting used to when you are running several different company domains through it. Certain features should be named using more user friendly terms. I had to contact support a few times to figure out some things I were looking for.

Anonymous

Works well

Reviewed 2019-07-15

As a customer, I feel welcome and appreciated, and the product does a good job. I like, that I always communicate with the same person.

Pros
Great customer support, and it does a good job at removing spam.

Cons
The web interface for setup and configuration is a little messy and sometimes extremely slow.

Dennis Moloney

Spam protection is great

Reviewed 2018-10-09

When I got this job the old admin had a spam filter system in place but let it go and never did anything with it. I need to find something that would stop spam emails coming to the end user. After research several companies Solarwinds end up the more superior product. Glad I made the change.

Pros
Very easy to use after inital configuration. I haven't had any issues with spam emails.

Cons
The setup need help from tech to understand how to import current mailboxes. Once setup everything worked fine

Rex Schroeder

Great Solution for the $$$$

Reviewed 2019-06-26

Great! Its easy once you take the time to learn it, which does not take very long, and remotely rolling out the software is pretty straight forward. Cost is low enough that you can make a good margin.

Pros
Its scalable and easy to setup. Designed for the small to medium MSP and allows for great control over the setup. Service is great with most questions and issues resolved same day. Cost is the major attraction, you get a lot for the price.

Cons
The interface could be better designed, and hopefully will be a little more straight forward as they continue to upgrade and release updates.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Med Khouah

Remarks

Reviewed 2018-10-10

With Mail Assure We were able to solve the security problem as well as the problems of distrust of our servers, so that it keeps us our emails in this period

Pros
Manage users with his Three types of authenticating

Cons
His slowness The site is very slow The change an option take a bit of time compared to the others sites

Atif ILyas

Easy to use professional

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-27

My experience with SolarWinds is very good and I highly recommend them

Pros
SolarWinds is not one software, Its a variety of software products which this company has, Starting from Network management software to network security, Backup, and recovery and remote support, Everything software is unique in itself These are easy to use and, the combination of colors used in the display of the software make them user-friendly and more professional, The step by step explanation and demonstration of the software on https://www.solarwindsmsp.com is very unique and done in an excellent way

Cons
I most I like about using software from https://www.solarwindsmsp.com is their user-friendly features

Jan Theo Hoekstra

The Use of Mail Assure

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Pros
The many beautiful features of Mail Assure like testing the SMTP servers etc.

Cons
The speed when using the different features. The overall speed is too low to get things done fast..

Graham Farrow

An ideal solution for my clients

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Great support from our rep to get me started and to get my first client up and running.

Pros
The product provided the ability to archive and filter email traffic to meet my clients requirements. Totally web based, no onsite installations needed, completely seamless to the end user. Very detailed and accurate setup guides

Cons
At first a lot to learn and understand to get started.

Byron Smith

SolarWinds Mail Assure Review

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Software works really well and the logging is excellent. The interface is pretty intuitive once you navigate around and learn it.

Pros
Cloud based. It's nice there is nothing to install locally and it can be an email archive as well.

Cons
Seems to be missing RBL (real time blacklist) features. RBL lists that you can manually set as a filtering option.

Erik Pfeiffer

Love it

Reviewed 2019-07-13

Working with executive was a pleasure and went out of his way to do everything in his power to help me.

Pros
It just works and love the 365 plugin. It has been a great help to my clients. Cost effective too.

Cons
Had to learn something new. Was confused about some of the terms. But wasn't that hard.

Lloyd Forman

Very straight forward

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Pros
Easy to navigate and track emails. Has eliminated a huge amount of spam and phishing attempts.

Cons
quite a lot of legit emails were getting blocked originally and had to monitor it daily to white-list and train the system.

Adrian Takacs

Infrastructure Engineer

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-09

Pros
Lots of available features, tools, reports and settings. You can customise you dashboard\admin panel. Support is brilliant and a very good knowledge base.

Cons
Takes a while to find your way around the dashboard and find the exact setting you look for.

Richard Fry

Block Spam with Mail Assure

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-01

Protects our small business customers from malware and spam. On top of which provides business continuity as there are people out there still having on premises mail servers.

Pros
That is an efficient antispam product which offers also business continuity at a affordable price.

Cons
The control panel doesn't seem to easy to navigate and some settings are hard to find. Terminology used also hard to follow.

Luciana Broussard

Great

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Peace of mind

Pros
Easy setup. The produce is cost effective.

Cons
Can't pay with my dashboard monthly msp subscription

James Brown

Archiving Mail for a municipality

Reviewed 2019-07-12

Easy to configure and search

Pros
The archiving solution works great for us

Cons
Sometimes the speed of access can be a little slow

Steve McGanity

SW Mail Assure Review

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-22

Generally good and if your customers required a separate antispam solution I would recommend Mail Assure over its competitors.

Pros
SolarWinds products and support are generally very good. Support has been amazing when we have migrated our customer over to Mail Assure.

Cons
As with all the other antispam solutions it is not perfect. We had an issue where outgoing emails ended up being blocked by other antispam solutions.

Nick Beason

Mail Assure reduces spam by 98%

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Pros
The SolarWinds Mail Assure helped to reduce our spam by 98%.

Cons
Some of the configuration options and descriptions on how they work are a little obscure.