EdrawMax Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.99/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Pretty good, i live the program and its features, it have done a good job of making a overall easy and nice to use software.

MI

Martin I.

I love how it is so easy to use and the customer service is so helpful. I am learning new things to do with it all the time.

SH

Stephanie H.

I am incredibly happy with EdrawMax, it has surpassed my expectations and made my work easier, and in a couple of cases, an absolute joy to do.

MW

Matthew W.

It's bad, just plain bad for someone who wants to get a look before buying.

Mehdiraza V.

The inability to combine templates together that are already on the software.

JM

John M.

So basically I wasted my 4+ hours creating 100 topics on this software because I can't use it anywhere else for the time being.

Mehdiraza V.

Compare both
Lucidchart-logocaret

Lucidchart

Compare both
How would you rate EdrawMax?

The Dedicated Chart Maker

I've been looking around for a dedicated chart making software for a while, for a number of different use cases such as: > Preparing flow charts for technical presentations to depict various activities > UML diagrams for preliminary software planning > Creating hierarchy drawings for water management institution. EdrawMax from Wondershare proved to be the ideal solution for all of above needs with its easy-to-work-with layout and workspace and convenient tools/ features. In my opinion, EdrawMax is much user friendly and easy to work with compared to other software I've tried, such as; SmartDraw and LucidChart. If you're someone looking for a dedicated chart-maker for any type of chart, it cannot get better than EdrawMax.

Pros

> Highly intuitive workspace that needs no tutorials > Very responsive toolbars and features > Rich library of templates for all types of charts

Cons

If you can afford this, there's nothing to dislike about EdrawMax. But if you need all the features, it's not exactly cheap though.

Edraw, Extremely flexible program, a great company asset

Overall Edraw has allowed me to bring new life to my charts and presentations. It has saved me time and money by making this process easy. I used to think Visio had no equal, and that still true because this program has clearly surpassed it in many ways. It's less expensive and easier to use. It has made my process for creating presentations better, creating floorplans faster, and even allowed me to create artwork for our company website. It's a complete package that I have already been recommending to other companies. It should be a standard program with all computer installations.

Pros

The biggest advantage is the large amount of templates it comes with and the different genre of templates. It helps users get a great starting point for anything they're working on. I find myself using this product for many of my presentations, business meetings, and for outlining business processes. I also use it largely to create Visio-type layouts which is one of the reason I bought this. It allows...

Cons

This may be a training issue, but I found a small set back when working with Infographics. With everything being so easy to access and edit, it was surprisingly difficult to manage the data percentages of many charts. There wasn't an easy pop-up icon that you can click to set different percentages. I had to hunt around somewhat to find the area where I can customize that better. Otherwise it's a good program.

Files cannot be opened and support is non-existent

Terrible. What use is editing software that cannot open its own files? And how can we rely on a company that does not provide any support whatsoever? I do not recommend this software or this company.

Pros

I was impressed with the look and feel of this software and had chosen it to replace Microsoft Visio.

Cons

Any file saved in the .EDDX format cannot be reopened. The several drawings that were created can no longer be accessed to be modified, and messages to Support have been completely ignored. Subsequent emails asking about the status of the support ticket have also been ignored. No reply other than standard automated reply more than 57 hours after initial contact. Novemer 22, 2019 12:00 pm Submitted support ticket showing that any document we attempt to open gets an "Open file failed!" error. November 24, 2019 9:40 pm: Received automated response asking for information including information already provided. November 25, 2019 9:30am: Replied with all information December 4, 2019 9:45am: Emailed again asking the status December 17, 2019: Emailed again asking the status

Hi Paul McMahon, We apologize for all the inconvenience it has caused. Would you please send us your email address to nancy@edrawsoft.com? So we can check your emails and follow up on this issue. Thank you.

Every picture tells a story

Financial presentations are pretty boring; not like a new, bright red sports car. The slides I create are colorful and organized. They provide me a way to educate and inform a prospect/client in an easy viewing format. Each financial objective or goal can be laid out simply and attached to any number of products that may help them now or in the future. All colorful, highlighted and structured for easy processing. Much, much better than just spewing a bunch of financial theories and a throwing a lot of numbers at people.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to create new or modify existing slides for financial presentations quickly and easily.

Cons

I can always use more creative business and financial templates but I have had no major problems with the software.

great package for quick reduction of ideas to illustrations

I use CAD packages almost daily, but turn to Edraw to get P&IDs, flow sheets, organizational diagrams, relationship drawings, and basic concepts reduced to print very quickly. was a user of the competitive package for years and found aspects frustrating so ported over to EdrawMax and never looked back..

Pros

as a chemical engineer involved with chemical and polymer process design, flow sheets, P&IDs, EdrawMax is a great tool for fast rendering of ideas and concepts. It has a great set of engineering and instrumentation symbols, business and decision symbols and general art tools that allow you to tailor your drawing to your audience. It has the ability to import from other similar packages without fuss and save it in the Edraw format.

Cons

I would be interested in any on-line tutorials on some of the subtle tools of EdrawMax. they may be out there but i have not looked thoroughly. some help on how to connect symbols a bit easier, especially with piping lines etc. would be great.

Images talk - words dont

The benefits are in communicating ideas, facts, creating easy platforms where all participants feel invited and empowered to contribute. That gives me the responsibility to do my utmost to utilize this tool to welcome people in.

Pros

EDraw is easy to use and provides the possibility to not only organize and structure thinking-processes - but it is an essential tool for communication. Where words often confuse, conceal or are just too much - pictures, infographics and mindmaps word miracles. I experience this every day with the visuals I create with EDraw.

Cons

Some functionality can be improved - dont know how/whom to report and there do not seem to be updates? I have a life-long subscription but in all those years never seen any new versions coming out.

EdrawMax the Swiss army knife of the schema

Since I needed a software to make presentation diagrams due to the first containment, I tested several softwares including the free version of EdrawMAx. In some second I took it in hand without encountering any difficulty to understand the different functionalities, after a few days I decided to buy it since I realize diagrams or graphical representations. I even used it to make the layout plans of my house.

Pros

This software gathers the possibility to make many schematics, as a professor in computer science and mainly for security aspects, I need to make many schematics for my students. EdrawMax allows me to have only one software for this purpose.

Cons

I liked nothing about this software. There are just 2 points that would be an asset, but does not prevent the use of the software. The symbol search is not optimized enough and leaves out some symbols that fully answer the search (but this problem may be due to the fact that I use the French version). Mainly for network schematics (but this is probably valid in other cases like electricity) the addition of functionality to test the operation would be a huge plus and I have many colleagues who are looking for this kind of functionality.

When you don't have time, it needs to be stunning, and simple to use, this does it

use this every day to make presentations and information easier for others to digest

Pros

Its simplicity, yes you get all complicated, but if you need it to be simple but effective this is the program for you

Cons

None really its a great price, it does what it says on the box

Finally, Visio for Mac....but better!

I'm able to very quickly sketch ideas for software flow, software architecture, brainstorming and mind mapping, and construction.

Pros

Easy transition from Visio. More features, more templates, more filled libraries of parts. I have tried so many cheaper alternatives. I also tried lucidchart. Now, if I need to diagram something, I don't have to think about which software is better for what kind of drawing.

Cons

I dont like the non-mac normative interface. Its more like a microsoft office interface which I never liked. I have also had some problems getting connections to go where I want.

Perfect software for many things!!

We discovered EdrawMax looking for an easy way to design idea and concept. A software that will be easy enough to use but that will give presentation level out put. We found it. It's easy enough that we use this software during drain storming with the software dev team and directly export to a presentation! It changed the way we worked.

Pros

This software is easy to use. The menus are in the office suit style and the functionality are pretty intuitive. It's easy to draw an idea or concept. Then the concept drawn can be edited, modified, manipulated endlessly. All that good stuff and it only takes minutes to install so you get going in no time.

Cons

For the usage that we are going with the software there are no cons at all.

Good value for cost, but could be better

Have used to document P&IDs for multiple clients as well as proposals and suggested changes to improve efficiency on several job sites.

Pros

Offers good value for the money, will create P&IDs for industrial operations easily, short learning curve

Cons

Connecting lines when sketching out a process frequently pick nonsensical tacks and routes, correcting them to look better or clean up drawings is somewhat time consuming. Could be better if it had a way to draw out an entire process and then break up into multiple drawings for specific subsystems. Needs a bigger library of symbols and especially more valves and various tanks and reactors

I export my designs and share with non-Edraw max users as a Vector diagram.

Pros

Edraw max provides all users with a broad spectrum of template which cuts across different fields ,career paths and needs. I am a software engineer and I have been able to leverage Edraw max to create software architectural templates ,mind maps ,mobile and website mockups. I get to share my software templates and mockups with my team ,which contain developers who are not familiar with Edraw max via a general format like html , .png etc and this enable my colleagues to easily go through my templates without the need for them to install the Edraw max software on their device. For new users, Edraw max is the most intuitive diagramming tool money can buy out there, not even Microsoft Visio comes close to Edraw ,when it comes to intuitiveness.

Cons

I probably will want to be able to work on mockups and diagrams remotely with my co-developers ,however Edraw Max pro currently hasn't got this feature introduced into the Edraw max software as of now,hopefully they see the need for it in the nearest future.

Intuitive and feature rich

Technical Process flow, HR org charts, illustrative docs for presentation

Pros

Easy to use and produce good looking quick results. Very flexible with great libraries. Love how quick it is to link items in diagrams with arrowed lines.

Cons

Could be a Mac thing, but ouse movement is hyper-sensitive at times. Needs a default setting configurator. Have not found this if it does exist

Affordable and Flexible - I use EDM weekly for "visioneering" my projects

I've used EDM for years - probably 5-7 years - as my default "diagramming" software for workflows, process diagrams, wireframes, UX planning, UI prototyping, etc. I have the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite, access to Visual Studio, and a pro-subscription to UXPin. But 90% of the time, I turn to EDM over any of those other packages for information diagramming. It's just a really good piece of "visioneering" software.

Pros

What I like MOST about EDM is the price and flexibility of use. I can quickly and easily produce just about any "visualization" I need for software development, product management, documentation, marketing support, etc. Having all the infographic templates as starters is really impressive and helpful, but for my particular purposes, I create original diagrams most of the time.

Cons

What I like LEAST about EDM is the fact that the user interface is about 10% UN-aligned with standard UI/UX interaction by American users. (maybe it's standard for other countries?) This means you'll be bopping along and attempt a common keyboard-shortcut or key-click combination out of habit, and it will NOT do what you expect. In fact it will do something very different than what you expect, or nothing at all. That's frustrating and makes the process of creation feel clunky each time it happens.

EDraw - All the kinds of diagrams from one software

One of the best tools to draw diagrams in a effective way. There are many versions and types of diagrams available in one software .This makes the product famous among the users as they can crate any type of diagram they want using this one software product.

Pros

Easy to draw any type of diagram .There is a wide variety of diagram structures to choose. What ever the type of diagram user needs users can draw them using this software easily .Different types of diagrams are provided in e draw. Most of the diagram drawing tools are online tools. E draw has a offline version which helps the users to work on the software when there is no network connection. Users can stop the task performing in the model and save the progress and restart in another day from the point that was stopped. As there is a offline version it is easy to access the saved copy of the diagram. Easy to make large and complex diagrams with the features provided. Users can save the created diagram in any file type (png,pdf,csv)

Cons

Only a trial version is free. Only limited number of diagrams can be drawn in the trail version. Once five diagrams were created using the software it does not allow to create anymore diagrams unless the user makes a payment and buy advanced version of e draw. Once the diagram made in trial version is saved the water mark of e draw is printed in the saved copy. The watermark is printed in all the versions(png,pfd ,csv).It is really inconvenient to use such a copy in documentation.

Re-formatting of QHSE Procedures

The software enabled me/us to reformat all of our written procedures into flowchart format, fully integrate our Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures, remove 200+ pages from our system manuals and successfully transition/migrate to 3 ISO Standards on 2 Sites. The software satisfied all of our requirements and enabled us to produce very professional system documentation.

Pros

This software was sourced with the intention of reformatting/replacing all written procedures with flow charts and standardising our Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety system documentation. It was chosen for the ease of document construction and the options available.

Cons

Following 2 years of frequent use, the software has satisfied all of the Company's requirements, no Cons to report.

Everyone has a purpose Edraw max can serve.

Pros

Edraw max should be everyones diagramming friend. I learnt to use Edraw max in just a matter of days and majorly via "trial and error" ,although the short one word description on every diagram describing what they are used for ,was very helpful. Over the years Edraw max has served multiple purposes for me ,both in my professional life and outside my professional life. I have used Edraw max for office efficiency diagrams like Flowcharts , mindmaps,charts and graphs ,and also as a graphic design tool for infographic ,flyers ,business cards ,prsentations etc In all ,Edraw max has a use case in everyones life ,I will think.

Cons

I will like to be able to backup my diagrams in the cloud in real time. This will greatly reduce the likelihood for me to lose my important diagrams if they get infected on my computer or if I somewhat forget to save them.

Edraw for Academic Design Projects, and Research Activities

We use Edraw for both academic and research activities. Students in our senior design classes find e-draw to be the best overall and allows simple line drawings for P&ID or electrical schematics to be quickly and accurately generated.

Pros

The software is simple, intuitive, accurate, and has sufficient capabilities for our purposes. It works much more efficiently than the major CAD programs which are not intended for top-level design schematics.

Cons

The "perpetual" License expires after three years. According to Merriam Webster --> Definition of perpetual. 1a : continuing forever : everlasting perpetual motion. b(1) : valid for all time a perpetual right. (2) : holding something (such as an office) for life or for an unlimited time. This is disingenuous marketing. We recently had a license expire during a critical time, and had to jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops to get the license restored.

Excellent tool for diagramming, documentation and creation of plans and maps of all kinds

It gave me excellent results in the university since I could create complex digramas easily and in a short time. In the work it has allowed me to document the networks of the company and of different customer facilities in an easy and fast way with professional quality.

Pros

* It allows to do from flow diagrams to mental maps, architecture maps, network diagrams or route maps such as how to get to the airport. *It has a variety of libraries in terms of character maps, images and icons. *Super intuitive and easy to use interface. *Unlike other programs of digramacion, it allows to export the created files to the most common formats and used by offimatic suits in the market. *Easy to print and export de files *It is excellent for the creation of mental maps and project documentation. *has multiple templates and predesigned elements to include in maps. * It supports all kinds of content, it has keyboard shortcuts.

Cons

*It would be excellent if such a useful tool could be used from mac or Linux computers. *sometimes it behaves a little unstable with windows 7, the rest is excellent

Best Diagramming tool out there.

Pros

Edraw max has an intuitive user interface , which is the reason why new users to Edraw max in my organization are able to pick up the workings of this solution in a short time. Edraw max provides it users with a template library which comprises of virtually all forms of maps a user may need Edraw max for. Ranging from process maps to mind maps ,uml diagrams , process maps etc These maps are customizable ,thus making it easy for a user to re-modify them for any purpose,as against creating maps from scratch.

Cons

Edraw max is not cloud based, therefore I must always have access to my personal computer to make use of this solution.

My design pal.

Pros

Edraw max practically replaces the need for a pen and paper in the design process for me.With this program ,I create skeletal and architectural maps for my software designs. I love its export qualities ,allowing me access my work in multiple formats ; this is especially useful if I need to forward my work to third parties,who may not use Edraw max. Its ease of use is also a first in the design industry. Lastly,I love how multi -facet this program is, ensuring it is useful in major industries from software engineering, fashion ,architecture , business management etc

Cons

Edraw max currently doesn't integrate with any other program I know of,in the design industry which is a rare occurrence these days.As I usually match multiple tools together to attain the best.

Best Drawing Software

I've used Edraw for approximately 2 years in designing science and math content.

Pros

I was looking for a Paint-like program but with more features than Paint when I discovered Edraw. The learning curve is just right, not too steep, and yet always learning about new features with this program. I design content for science and math and Edraw is indispensable. Very quick return on the investment.

Cons

One thing I would advocate for in future versions of the software is an erase tool such as what Paint has and the ability to make global settings. Even with these minor shortcomings I would have a difficult time doing my job without Edraw.

I was ripped Off

Terrible customer support. Terrible licensing works against honest customers. I should be able to reinstall software I purchased.

Pros

The software has given us no problems. There are many options and all the templates one might want in a business.

Cons

The major con that will keep me from ever dealing with this company again and my recommendation to anyone who asks is to stay away is this. I purchased the software for my business a few years ago. We had to reinstall all our software recently after re-installing Windows. The licensing system prevented us from entering the license to resume using the software. It says we have to disable it on the present system (which was wiped out) to install it again. Their customer service told us there is nothing we can do because it is past some one year period thing. So we have thrown away our money on this software. We are now using software that does all we need that provides the support that a good company should give.

Great visio alternative

I've used it daily since I bought it as one of the primary tools I need for my work. It has a great selection of libraries and is easy to use.

Pros

On my line of work I have to be able to open and edit Visio files, as well as export to various file types. As a Mac and Linux user I was struggling to find a cost effective alternative to Visio. Edrawmax fits the bill perfectly. It does everything I need natively on both platforms.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of exported diagrams is not true to how it looks in the native Edraw format. But it is still pretty good.

EDraw max review

EDraw Max is a good tool for electrical engineers allowing me to draw various designs and flowcharts and graphs.

Pros

It allows you to draw any kind of diagram according to your need and also there are many diagrams and templated available here. User can save their data at any point and can also access to it anytime anywhere.

Cons

First I decided to took the trial version, which offers the limited number of functions and diagrams at a time. So they should give full access to the features so that user can know it better.