All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Review Summary

Pros

Used it for a few months until I found something I like better. Good product for some purposes, but for my purposes I believe there are better options available.

Ross C.

Read the full review
Cross-platform and this software is an all-in-one solution providing unified and easy-to-use interface. On the other hand, they provide a very rich library as well as good samples.

Yongxin L.

Read the full review
If you are a teacher and like to integrate IT into your work, then Edraw Max is simply the best of friends. There are many templates to help you out, all highly customizable.

Remus S.

Read the full review

Cons

The most difficult thing about this software is the learning curve that comes with it. When I first started to use the product, I found the layout and lack of guidance to be very frustrating.

Caylin T.

Read the full review
There is no profound structure possible in the shapes and diagrams. For instance, I am able to define a collapsed subprocess, but I am not able to drill down to the details of that subprocess.

Harry M.

Read the full review
Sometimes, it gets very annoying when it comes to modeling a database, the partial relations are not flexible, which causes distortion when dragging and moving entities.

Nada G.

Read the full review

I export my designs and share with non-Edraw max users as a Vector diagram.

Pros

Edraw max provides all users with a broad spectrum of template which cuts across different fields ,career paths and needs. I am a software engineer and I have been able to leverage Edraw max to create software architectural templates ,mind maps ,mobile and website mockups. I get to share my software templates and mockups with my team ,which contain developers who are not familiar with Edraw max via a general format like html , .png etc and this enable my colleagues to easily go through my templates without the need for them to install the Edraw max software on their device. For new users, Edraw max is the most intuitive diagramming tool money can buy out there, not even Microsoft Visio comes close to Edraw ,when it comes to intuitiveness.

Cons

I probably will want to be able to work on mockups and diagrams remotely with my co-developers ,however Edraw Max pro currently hasn't got this feature introduced into the Edraw max software as of now,hopefully they see the need for it in the nearest future.

Every picture tells a story

Financial presentations are pretty boring; not like a new, bright red sports car. The slides I create are colorful and organized. They provide me a way to educate and inform a prospect/client in an easy viewing format. Each financial objective or goal can be laid out simply and attached to any number of products that may help them now or in the future. All colorful, highlighted and structured for easy processing. Much, much better than just spewing a bunch of financial theories and a throwing a lot of numbers at people.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to create new or modify existing slides for financial presentations quickly and easily.

Cons

I can always use more creative business and financial templates but I have had no major problems with the software.

EdrawMax the Swiss army knife of the schema

Since I needed a software to make presentation diagrams due to the first containment, I tested several softwares including the free version of EdrawMAx. In some second I took it in hand without encountering any difficulty to understand the different functionalities, after a few days I decided to buy it since I realize diagrams or graphical representations. I even used it to make the layout plans of my house.

Pros

This software gathers the possibility to make many schematics, as a professor in computer science and mainly for security aspects, I need to make many schematics for my students. EdrawMax allows me to have only one software for this purpose.

Cons

I liked nothing about this software. There are just 2 points that would be an asset, but does not prevent the use of the software. The symbol search is not optimized enough and leaves out some symbols that fully answer the search (but this problem may be due to the fact that I use the French version). Mainly for network schematics (but this is probably valid in other cases like electricity) the addition of functionality to test the operation would be a huge plus and I have many colleagues who are looking for this kind of functionality.

Files cannot be opened and support is non-existent

Terrible. What use is editing software that cannot open its own files? And how can we rely on a company that does not provide any support whatsoever? I do not recommend this software or this company.

Pros

I was impressed with the look and feel of this software and had chosen it to replace Microsoft Visio.

Cons

Any file saved in the .EDDX format cannot be reopened. The several drawings that were created can no longer be accessed to be modified, and messages to Support have been completely ignored. Subsequent emails asking about the status of the support ticket have also been ignored. No reply other than standard automated reply more than 57 hours after initial contact. Novemer 22, 2019 12:00 pm Submitted support ticket showing that any document we attempt to open gets an "Open file failed!" error. November 24, 2019 9:40 pm: Received automated response asking for information including information already provided. November 25, 2019 9:30am: Replied with all information December 4, 2019 9:45am: Emailed again asking the status December 17, 2019: Emailed again asking the status

Hi Paul McMahon, We apologize for all the inconvenience it has caused. Would you please send us your email address to nancy@edrawsoft.com? So we can check your emails and follow up on this issue. Thank you.

Great visio alternative

I've used it daily since I bought it as one of the primary tools I need for my work. It has a great selection of libraries and is easy to use.

Pros

On my line of work I have to be able to open and edit Visio files, as well as export to various file types. As a Mac and Linux user I was struggling to find a cost effective alternative to Visio. Edrawmax fits the bill perfectly. It does everything I need natively on both platforms.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of exported diagrams is not true to how it looks in the native Edraw format. But it is still pretty good.

Images talk - words dont

The benefits are in communicating ideas, facts, creating easy platforms where all participants feel invited and empowered to contribute. That gives me the responsibility to do my utmost to utilize this tool to welcome people in.

Pros

EDraw is easy to use and provides the possibility to not only organize and structure thinking-processes - but it is an essential tool for communication. Where words often confuse, conceal or are just too much - pictures, infographics and mindmaps word miracles. I experience this every day with the visuals I create with EDraw.

Cons

Some functionality can be improved - dont know how/whom to report and there do not seem to be updates? I have a life-long subscription but in all those years never seen any new versions coming out.

Great Templates

There are a lot of useful aspects to the tool. The Best aspect of the tool is all templates they have available for starting point and idea generation. An interesting feature of the tool is a Very unique Gantt chart creating process. Not expected but very cool. They could learn a few productivity things from Lucid but hey nobody is perfect and I would say it Way more versatile then the Microsoft product. I used the MS for years because my company would provide it. I paid for this tool myself to use for work because I really like all the templates to help me tell our leaders a story.

Pros

TEMPLATES .... TEMPLATES ....TEAMPLATES The Huge library of symbols the come with the core product

Cons

Some of the behavior when trying to do basic flow charting of the lines tool. The menu system could be more intuitive for a new user when it comes to formatting.

Visualisation of ideas

Using your own creations makes you look even more professional. A best value for money for professionalism!

Pros

EdrawMax makes it possible to create unique graphics very easily. The wide variety of items, drawings, and templates already provided with the software makes your jobs easier. With a few simple taps, you can connect various drawings, ideas, objects. The good thing about software is its simplicity! Just select the item and connect it. The colour schemes, in particular, helps you too much!

Cons

There are various ways to improve the product. In particular, the templates could be improved and alignment (I mean alignment of objects with each other) could be simplified.

Excellent resource desktop design

easy install, very fast to learn and use.

Pros

it is very user friendly. very good at many different tasks

Cons

for mechanical or electrical design it is just ok, but for the price it is a great resource.

Great replacement for Visio

Great tool which can be used in Linux OS 's as well.Unlike visio I can use it on any of my linux or windows machines.

Pros

Lots of tools for drawing diagrams. Unlike visio it has many shapes and many ways to draw an diagram. it is available for linux OS as well.

Cons

The learning to use the software is the challenge I faced. So many features and some times bit confusing to work on simple diagrams.

Affordable and Flexible - I use EDM weekly for "visioneering" my projects

I've used EDM for years - probably 5-7 years - as my default "diagramming" software for workflows, process diagrams, wireframes, UX planning, UI prototyping, etc. I have the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite, access to Visual Studio, and a pro-subscription to UXPin. But 90% of the time, I turn to EDM over any of those other packages for information diagramming. It's just a really good piece of "visioneering" software.

Pros

What I like MOST about EDM is the price and flexibility of use. I can quickly and easily produce just about any "visualization" I need for software development, product management, documentation, marketing support, etc. Having all the infographic templates as starters is really impressive and helpful, but for my particular purposes, I create original diagrams most of the time.

Cons

What I like LEAST about EDM is the fact that the user interface is about 10% UN-aligned with standard UI/UX interaction by American users. (maybe it's standard for other countries?) This means you'll be bopping along and attempt a common keyboard-shortcut or key-click combination out of habit, and it will NOT do what you expect. In fact it will do something very different than what you expect, or nothing at all. That's frustrating and makes the process of creation feel clunky each time it happens.

EDraw - All the kinds of diagrams from one software

One of the best tools to draw diagrams in a effective way. There are many versions and types of diagrams available in one software .This makes the product famous among the users as they can crate any type of diagram they want using this one software product.

Pros

Easy to draw any type of diagram .There is a wide variety of diagram structures to choose. What ever the type of diagram user needs users can draw them using this software easily .Different types of diagrams are provided in e draw. Most of the diagram drawing tools are online tools. E draw has a offline version which helps the users to work on the software when there is no network connection. Users can stop the task performing in the model and save the progress and restart in another day from the point that was stopped. As there is a offline version it is easy to access the saved copy of the diagram. Easy to make large and complex diagrams with the features provided. Users can save the created diagram in any file type (png,pdf,csv)

Cons

Only a trial version is free. Only limited number of diagrams can be drawn in the trail version. Once five diagrams were created using the software it does not allow to create anymore diagrams unless the user makes a payment and buy advanced version of e draw. Once the diagram made in trial version is saved the water mark of e draw is printed in the saved copy. The watermark is printed in all the versions(png,pfd ,csv).It is really inconvenient to use such a copy in documentation.

Re-formatting of QHSE Procedures

The software enabled me/us to reformat all of our written procedures into flowchart format, fully integrate our Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures, remove 200+ pages from our system manuals and successfully transition/migrate to 3 ISO Standards on 2 Sites. The software satisfied all of our requirements and enabled us to produce very professional system documentation.

Pros

This software was sourced with the intention of reformatting/replacing all written procedures with flow charts and standardising our Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety system documentation. It was chosen for the ease of document construction and the options available.

Cons

Following 2 years of frequent use, the software has satisfied all of the Company's requirements, no Cons to report.

Edraw for Academic Design Projects, and Research Activities

We use Edraw for both academic and research activities. Students in our senior design classes find e-draw to be the best overall and allows simple line drawings for P&ID or electrical schematics to be quickly and accurately generated.

Pros

The software is simple, intuitive, accurate, and has sufficient capabilities for our purposes. It works much more efficiently than the major CAD programs which are not intended for top-level design schematics.

Cons

The "perpetual" License expires after three years. According to Merriam Webster --> Definition of perpetual. 1a : continuing forever : everlasting perpetual motion. b(1) : valid for all time a perpetual right. (2) : holding something (such as an office) for life or for an unlimited time. This is disingenuous marketing. We recently had a license expire during a critical time, and had to jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops to get the license restored.

Everyone has a purpose Edraw max can serve.

Pros

Edraw max should be everyones diagramming friend. I learnt to use Edraw max in just a matter of days and majorly via "trial and error" ,although the short one word description on every diagram describing what they are used for ,was very helpful. Over the years Edraw max has served multiple purposes for me ,both in my professional life and outside my professional life. I have used Edraw max for office efficiency diagrams like Flowcharts , mindmaps,charts and graphs ,and also as a graphic design tool for infographic ,flyers ,business cards ,prsentations etc In all ,Edraw max has a use case in everyones life ,I will think.

Cons

I will like to be able to backup my diagrams in the cloud in real time. This will greatly reduce the likelihood for me to lose my important diagrams if they get infected on my computer or if I somewhat forget to save them.

Excellent tool for diagramming, documentation and creation of plans and maps of all kinds

It gave me excellent results in the university since I could create complex digramas easily and in a short time. In the work it has allowed me to document the networks of the company and of different customer facilities in an easy and fast way with professional quality.

Pros

* It allows to do from flow diagrams to mental maps, architecture maps, network diagrams or route maps such as how to get to the airport. *It has a variety of libraries in terms of character maps, images and icons. *Super intuitive and easy to use interface. *Unlike other programs of digramacion, it allows to export the created files to the most common formats and used by offimatic suits in the market. *Easy to print and export de files *It is excellent for the creation of mental maps and project documentation. *has multiple templates and predesigned elements to include in maps. * It supports all kinds of content, it has keyboard shortcuts.

Cons

*It would be excellent if such a useful tool could be used from mac or Linux computers. *sometimes it behaves a little unstable with windows 7, the rest is excellent

Best Drawing Software

I've used Edraw for approximately 2 years in designing science and math content.

Pros

I was looking for a Paint-like program but with more features than Paint when I discovered Edraw. The learning curve is just right, not too steep, and yet always learning about new features with this program. I design content for science and math and Edraw is indispensable. Very quick return on the investment.

Cons

One thing I would advocate for in future versions of the software is an erase tool such as what Paint has and the ability to make global settings. Even with these minor shortcomings I would have a difficult time doing my job without Edraw.

Best Diagramming tool out there.

Pros

Edraw max has an intuitive user interface , which is the reason why new users to Edraw max in my organization are able to pick up the workings of this solution in a short time. Edraw max provides it users with a template library which comprises of virtually all forms of maps a user may need Edraw max for. Ranging from process maps to mind maps ,uml diagrams , process maps etc These maps are customizable ,thus making it easy for a user to re-modify them for any purpose,as against creating maps from scratch.

Cons

Edraw max is not cloud based, therefore I must always have access to my personal computer to make use of this solution.

My design pal.

Pros

Edraw max practically replaces the need for a pen and paper in the design process for me.With this program ,I create skeletal and architectural maps for my software designs. I love its export qualities ,allowing me access my work in multiple formats ; this is especially useful if I need to forward my work to third parties,who may not use Edraw max. Its ease of use is also a first in the design industry. Lastly,I love how multi -facet this program is, ensuring it is useful in major industries from software engineering, fashion ,architecture , business management etc

Cons

Edraw max currently doesn't integrate with any other program I know of,in the design industry which is a rare occurrence these days.As I usually match multiple tools together to attain the best.

I was ripped Off

Terrible customer support. Terrible licensing works against honest customers. I should be able to reinstall software I purchased.

Pros

The software has given us no problems. There are many options and all the templates one might want in a business.

Cons

The major con that will keep me from ever dealing with this company again and my recommendation to anyone who asks is to stay away is this. I purchased the software for my business a few years ago. We had to reinstall all our software recently after re-installing Windows. The licensing system prevented us from entering the license to resume using the software. It says we have to disable it on the present system (which was wiped out) to install it again. Their customer service told us there is nothing we can do because it is past some one year period thing. So we have thrown away our money on this software. We are now using software that does all we need that provides the support that a good company should give.

EDraw max review

EDraw Max is a good tool for electrical engineers allowing me to draw various designs and flowcharts and graphs.

Pros

It allows you to draw any kind of diagram according to your need and also there are many diagrams and templated available here. User can save their data at any point and can also access to it anytime anywhere.

Cons

First I decided to took the trial version, which offers the limited number of functions and diagrams at a time. So they should give full access to the features so that user can know it better.

Improve my creative process

For many years I want to buy a lifetime license from Edraw Max, I finally did it in 2017 and I am very happy to have done it, I use it on a PC and Mac, it is fantastic, it helps me unlock my creativity when ideas do not arise easily. It is impressive how much it facilitates my work as a manufacturing plant advisor, it is one of the few tools that add value from the first moment. I use it a lot in mind maps, floor drawings, business presentations and value chain analysis.

Pros

- Very good graphic design, nice and enthusiastic. - Many templates for immediate use or as a reference to create new ones. - Specific templates by type of company or industry.

Cons

- In Windows after 20 minutes or more, the figures freeze and I must move the mouse to release them, traces or tracks remain. - The startup takes longer than other applications for the same purpose. - The quality when exporating to pdf or photography does not finish convincing me.

Multi-purpose quality.

Pros

I use this software to bring mental mockup ideas into sketch and illustration without the need of a pencil and paper. However , the love triangle for me is the fact this tool can be used for way more. My mum uses this tool to design mockup fashion apparels and my dad uses this for designing basic architectural sketches. It is a family software for me.

Cons

I wish Edraw max would allow for integration with other software ; particularly a tool like Adobe in-vision.

Makes it easy to understand process mapping basics.

Pros

Edraw max has a short learning curve,coupled with self-explanatory illustration symbols which makes it easy for new users to understand the basics ,when it comes to process mapping. I love the template library ,which basically covers every area one can think about from wireframes,mobile app interfaces,mind maps,org charts ,strategy maps etc Lastly,it is a multi use design software ,with use cases across different industries.

Cons

Edraw max is desktop based,thus I am restricted to accessing it from just a single device.Will be great to have a cloud based version of this program released soon.

Initial Impressions of EDraw Max

Quite a positive experience, especially the improvements made from previous versions. Very pleased. Price is right at $199.00 for perpetual license for 2 computers. Much better deal than Smartdraw and Visio.

Pros

Breathtaking array of stencils, templates, objects and command of the workspace. Much imporved from previous versions that I've used.

Cons

Maybe a nit, but when trying to move text box that is embedded within a, say, rectangle or line is not straightforward or intuitive; improvement here is warranted. Other than that, I've experienced few negative issues with this new version. As I create more and more equipment system block diagrams and light electrical schematics, I will opine further.

Select your country

© 2010-2020 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.