Stackify Prefix

Powerful, free code profiler for .NET & Java web apps

Stackify Prefix Reviews

Pros

Its not intrusive and will sit quietly monitoring while I run everything locally, it also has a great UI and makes me look around 43% smarter when its on my second screen.

This is by far the most wonderful bug tracking and fixing tool I have ever used. I helped solve a lot of performance issue in my project and meet my deadlines.

Michael M.

Jahiezer I.

Cons

The problem was a component that populated a string lookup from the database in the constructor and was not set to be a singleton in the dependency injector container.

Werner v.

Sometimes it's a little confusing when the prefix icon appears in the system toolbar (on windows) if prefix is really running and taking up a lot of resources or if it's just in a sort-of idle mode.

Ben B.

Ben B.

4.7

Quick insights and easy setup

Prefix allows us a quick view of how all of our web apis are behaving and if there any unexpected errors or performance issues we need to address. Using it in conjunction with ReTrace provides even deeper insights without slowing down our production code.

Pros

Easy to setup and use.

Cons

Getting detailed logging can sometimes take playing around with your config settings to get the ideal results.

The best option to identify problems in a easy way

Pros

Its the most useful tool right now in he market to identify and solve a troubleshoot. Intuitive system, easy to use. Way to faster and easy to instal than others software. Reallly quick feedback loops.

Cons

I cant think one, really love it. However, i know everything can be better, in my personal opinion, maybe let software be more free to take automaticas decisions can be nice

A great, non-intrusive profiler

Pros

Just use it out-of-box. Without additional configuration or whatsoever, it tells you more than you need. Great tool to measure query times, inspect memory leaks, hidden exceptions.

Cons

Stack trace is already good now but it think guys behind this awesome product can do better in that area. UI filter can be improved a little as well.

Great Tool for the developer

Pros

* Lightweight * Easy to setup * Focused towards the things that matters. * Easy breakdown of different tiers * Database query capture

Cons

As per my requirement I didn't find any cons with the tool. .

Awesome product bugs beware

Cons

Extremely valuable free tool for .Net devs

Within 60 seconds of using Prefix I discovered a nested loop that was performing over 100 DB calls that I was completely unaware of. This was after 3 different senior devs had already attempted to optimize the exact code in question for performance. I was instantly sold on the product.

Pros

Quick to discover problem areas in running code. Free. Quick to install. New features being added rapidly.

Awesomeness

By far one of the best and easiest to use profiling tools I've ever used. Most of the other tools are either to hard to setup or don't give me what I want. Prefix shows me exactly what I need to see on one screen, exceptions, SQL queries from EF, load times. It has become a tool I use daily for software development

Pros

Easy to setup Easy to use and understand Pretty much all the info I need to debug and tune my apps

Cons

None that I can think of

Very easy to install and configure

Pros

You start to profile you application within seconds. You can find exactly what you searching for. Profile database times, ORM times and all other stufs that matters.

Cons

Easy to use and help me in identifying issue in our applications

I have been using prefix for awhile now and issues it identifies are spot on. It has helped me so much in writing better code hy reducing how many calls to our database i was making and help me identify exactly why a few pages where taking so long to load. It is a great product and i am looking forward to seeing what stackify comes up with next.

Pros

Easy to use and clearly shows you exactly where any issue may be happening

Cons

When new updates cone out i have had to renstall the product instead of just an upgrade

Was up and running in under five minutes are immediately saw performance issues!

I was tasked with improving the performance on web API calls for a particular project that seemed "slow". After doing the usual performance analysis with Visual Studio, I was reaching for Glimpse and stumbled upon Prefix so decided to give it a go since it required no additional dependencies in the project. Prefix quickly highlighted that there were hundreds of database calls for a single web method...

Awesome Tool

Prefix is a great tool which has helped pick up issues before I knew there was issues! Its not intrusive and will sit quietly monitoring while I run everything locally, it also has a great UI and makes me look around 43% smarter when its on my second screen :).

Excellent Tool

Excellent tool for finding bugs and bottlenecks in .NET web applications. You can easily find out what is slowing down your application and improve it.

Pros

Easy to use. Provides very detailed log.

Cons

Making it work after installation is a bit tricky.

Slick, smooth and easy to use

I've been using Stackify's Prefix offering to help identify bottlenecks in both new and legacy websites. The ability to see SQL queries along with the various web requests is an absolute god send. When you find that request that should be using a cache but is smashing the database, those problems get solved so easily with Stackify

Pros

It's ease of set up. Getting up and running is (almost) as simple as install and go.

Cons

Sometimes the Visual Studio integration can be tricky to get to work. I'm yet to try profiling custom code with it.

my goto tool to debug sql and mvc

Pros

So easy to set up and works instantly, Haven't found a single issue as of yet that would make me think negative about it.

Cons

Great app for quick view of issues in IIS

Pros

- See all processes in a request stream, and breakdown of what is time consuming - I am using the free version. I may upgrade if I get too annoyed about commercials and want to see code snippets and suggestions (really nice features). But for now - happy with this incredible freemium.

Cons

Nothing so far. The freemium are limited in certain ways, but is to be expected. It may also be annoying for some that there are advertisements often...

Best profile tool

A must have tool to profile asp.net application. Be able to check how many SQL requests are made to database and check what are they is a real pros ! (Entity framework generate some mess sometime)

Pros

Profiling by requests SQL requests

Cons

Partial dotnetcore support

Useful

Really useful for tracking down performance issues in asp.net web applications. Lets you see interactions, database calls and so on in a nice simple timeline, and really go into detail where you need it.

This is a great tool for MVC Development

Stackify Prefix helped me find a hidden Null reference exception. I'm doing mostly JavaScript development at the moment, but will definitely have this running when I do my next Asp.Net MVC app.

Pros

shows exceptions, SQL generated by Entity Framework, load times and more

Cons

pops up a message a lot about Visual Studio needing to be restarted to work, but it works anyways (VS 2015 on Win 7)