Faithlife Proclaim Reviews

Faithlife Proclaim

Church presentation solution for small to large churches

Faithlife Proclaim

Review Summary

Pros

Making a quality looking presentation using this software is great. Faithlife's customer service is incredibly responsive and some of the best I've ever received.

MJ P.

It has great connectivity functionality and has been making strides towards being wireless and having excellent cloud integration.

Amy B.

I have had really good luck with Proclaim when it comes to projecting our services. It is fast, works well on both a pc and a mac, and someone can be trained quickly on the basics if needed.

Josh S.

Cons

However, not every theme will have all the type of slides that we need. For instance, some themes lack announcement slides while others will lack hymnal slides.

The lack of an "undo" button for some actions makes editing slides a bit difficult at times but that is nothing that can't be overcome.

MJ P.

BUT i have spent about 24 hours so 12 hours each saturday just trying to get the program to load on two computers. It is a very clumsy program that you have to pay for.

Jeremy S.

4.5

Proclaim worship presentation software is an excellent solution for any size Church!

Overall, I'm quite impressed with Proclaim. It has changed our worship service by Leaps and Bounds, and made me more efficient getting my work done during the week. There are so many features yet that we have not even begin to scratch the surface on, but I'm excited for the future in hopes that we will dig deeper and begin to use them.

Pros

What I love most about Proclaim is that it is so intuitive with the layout and how things are put together. It doesn't take a computer genius to be able to lay out a presentation. Also, the person left to run the presentation during the service needs to know nothing more than how to Progressive slide forward or backward. It's really that simple! Proclaim is even made it super simple by integrating...

Cons

One of the things I like least about this software is the dependability of the sinking upload feature. I can work on a presentation at home, and press the sync feature leave my laptop open for a couple hours, and it still won't show up on the church computer several days later. We end up having to share the actual presentation file through Google Drive in order to make sure that everyone has access...

Excellent choice for church presentation software

Proclaim is a great package and highly recommended. It's getting better over time and works well for our church.

Pros

Proclaim is multi-platform and has a cloud-based component, such that it's easy to create service presentations at home and then use them at church. All that's required is that the Proclaim software is installed both places and logged into the same group. Overall, it's pretty easy to use and many things are obvious to find and use. It has enough customizability that it should be usable by both small and large churches alike. Service content is editable in a freeform editor, with changes instantly previewed on slides to the right. It's super easy to see how changes affect what will be displayed to the audience.

Cons

The biggest drawback is the song database and organization. You can't organize songs into different collections, nor can you see all of the songs in your database in one place in order to do organization, cleanup, etc. When you pull in a song to your service order, you are editing that song everywhere it might be used, so you have to be careful about changing verse orders, words, attribution, etc....

Takes Your Worship Service to a New Level

The worship service should be done with excellence so that everything works together to support the central message, not to detract from it. Faithlife Proclaim provides the tools to do just that. It has allowed us to take our entire worship service to the next level. It's not a magic pill. It takes effort, but it makes it much easier and automates a good portion of the process which otherwise would be multiple steps.

Pros

Faithlife Proclaim centralizes everything you need for church presentation software into a single package. Not only does it gracefully provide features for the songs, announcements and preaching but also includes pre and post-service loops. So here are my favorite features... Presentation is saved to the cloud. Work on it from anywhere (work on it at home and retrieve it at the church). Multiple people...

Cons

I have been in Information Technology most of my life so it was fairly easy to setup. However, for the non-technical person they will most likely need to get some assistance when it comes to hooking up audio recording and setting up some of the other integration. This is probably true with most church presentation software packages with similar features.

Thank you for the review, Buck! We're so glad Proclaim has helped you in your worship services. I'll be passing on your feedback regarding the integrations back to the team. - KK

Decent presentation software platform

Proclaim is a cloud based SAAS for churches looking to present songs, slides, videos, and more. Part of the FaithLife family of products, Proclaim offers integrations with a number of the other FaithLife products for advanced features. Proclaim will push Bible verse or screen cues to congregants using the FaithLife Logos Bible app. We have found this feature to be clever, but not terribly useful, as...

Pros

Simple, easy to use presentation software. Interface is great for volunteers to help use.

Cons

Connections to the presentation can be slow, causing slide transitions to happen with a significant lag. Limited display options. Inability to insert new slides within a song. Bugs and quirks abound.

Everything in ONE, easy to use package

Our overall experience has been great! We've loved making use of it, and will continue for the foreseeable future.

Pros

We originally moved to proclaim because of the ease of use. Everything is so clearly laid out and really well labelled. Gradually features have been added at just the right time. Our sermons are now recorded using proclaim and immediately uploaded to our website! We regularly used the Pro Media package, but even the free media was exceptional. One super useful feature, is how easily Proclaim connects to songselect and other databases. We make full use of the ability for multiple team members to edit presentations. We're still figuring out all of the features, but it's been incredible to see how the software has developed over the years and all of the features that they've added.

Cons

On occasion, it can feel like features have been implemented but not totally thought through, however, this is usually fixed very quickly as users feedback.

Peter, we're so glad you found Proclaim easy to use and helpful for your ministry!

almost "sliced bread"-worthy...

When I migrated from Powerpoint to a display software (EasyWorship), there was a learning curve that was a challenge to overcome for training other people to use and set up components of the service. We ended up only using it for song-words, PW part of the service, and swapping back to PPT for the message. With Proclaim these challenges were alleviated. and even streamlined with little extra training. pre and post loop are created by someone. Our service-presentation templates allow then for the MOM to set up the PW and hymns, and I can do the message work. And all at the same time, if needed.

Pros

There are many features and functions that I like most. however, if I had to pick one thing, it would be the ability to digitally record the audio with the slides as a "movie/show."

Cons

over the last couple of years, I have had a bug crop up that comes and goes, and I have not been able to make a root cause analysis, other than to say that nothing else on my system is affected when the symptom happens. The symptom is that a vide slide will not play/launch intermittently. that vide will play in a video app, and nothing else seems to be affected. so that's the thing I like least, is that this intermittent issue causes a lot of frustration.

Proclaim for Youth Ministry

On the whole, I have really enjoyed using Proclaim and it has brought a level of professionalism and ease to presenting information to the students in our Youth Ministry on both Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. This has been a fantastic tool!

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate a slide presentation made on Apple Keynote into an overall Sunday morning presentation. I can produce my sermon slides and they can easily be added to the slides for the songs that we are also sining that morning.

Cons

It can seem a bit daunting at first; but honestly, this is easily overcome. Proclaim seems to be highly intuitive, actually.

Proclaim's cloud-based softward is great

We love Proclaim and the media they provide with our subscription.

Pros

Cloud-based, many difference individuals can add to our weekly service presentation and it all updates and loads on our church's designated worship presentation computer. Easy to duplicate old presentations or create new ones.

Cons

It's a little limited on it's ability to create slides within the application - you can't tilt text at angels.

Huge BANG for the BUCK!

We used it to move away from another brand of presentation software. The price was better for us and it provides for far more capability (like audio recording).

Pros

Ease of use. The software is fairly easy to set up and use, even for "non-tech" people. It comes with all kinds of free graphics, videos, backgrounds, and more. Making a quality looking presentation using this software is great! Faithlife's customer service is incredibly responsive and some of the best I've ever received.

Cons

Proclaim software for a small church

Proclaim has been very good for our church. Now that the need for a live stream has become essential, Proclaim plus OBS has made it relatively painless to have both the speaker and the slides on the screen at the same time.

Pros

I first started using Proclaim because I needed the ability to see my notes along with with slides but yet show just the slides on the screen. PowerPoint will do this but Proclaim has so many more features and the options are continually upgraded. I use Logos from Faithlife for my sermon creation exclusively. the sermon editor in Logos seamlessly transfers my notes and slides directly into Proclaim....

Cons

The software has come along way since it's beginning. You will need a steady throughput of 3-5 mg or more from your ISP for it to work efficiently. Although, it is possible to present offline. A good share of the bugs that I was having have been worked through by the Faithlife staff. I really have no complaints at present.

Great price and amazing quality!

I have truly enjoyed using Proclaim multiples times throughout the week at my church. It is such an easy program to use and to teach others how to use, yet it gives you amazing quality as well!

Pros

I love Proclaim from Faithlife for my church because it is a easy to use program that offers countless ways to make your media look the best by far! This software allows you to create your content on your own and also gives you hundreds of thousands of already create d content. You will never use Proclaim and be dissatisfied with the products, tools, and resources it gives you. There are also hundreds of video tutorials, helpful articles, and great customer service available! I have never been disappointed in what this product has to offer.

Cons

The only con of this software is that you can only project content from one computer instead of being able to use multiple computers or desktops to project your media.

Great program that is easy to use and perfect for beginners

Overall, Proclaim has been the easiest software to use in regards to presentation software like ProPresenter and MediaShout. It has great connectivity functionality and has been making strides towards being wireless and having excellent cloud integration!

Pros

I currently use Proclaim and it has been very helpful for my organization (religious institution) in planning our services. I use another, similar software as well and so it is interesting to see the similarities and differences with each. What I like MOST about Proclaim is its MOBILITY... I can literally download the software onto my laptop and work on it anywhere I go. If I have a last-minute adjustment to make, I just open my computer, make the change, and it shows up on all other devices logged into my Proclaim account, including the main computer at my organization. That is definitely my favorite part of the software!

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Proclaim, but if there was one thing to pick on, it would be the lack of media options. I expected the software to come pre-loaded with default media like still/moving backgrounds, wallpapers, audio files, etc, but there hasn't been much selection. HOWEVER, there is available media for purchase... which has ended up working out when needed in a pinch.

Great Church Presentation Software by Great People!

Pros

This combines recording, editing, publishing, A/V, slides all in one program which is updating regularly

Cons

You can upload your music but you cannot download it. Also, I wish they made a web based app for it.

No Brainer from PPT

Pros

The cloud based Presentations and Media accessible to all users is AWESOME!

Cons

It's pretty feature rich, however, it seems to in some areas (font manipulation specifically from our experience) it tends to lock users in a box causing frustration.

Better and Better

Our ministry operates smoothly because of this software. The accessibility from the cloud makes it easy for us to collaborate and get the service in order before we get there on Sunday morning.

Pros

I really like how much the software team is updating the product every release. The software itself is much better than many alternatives in this space. I really like how it saves the edits you've made to certain song lyrics and allows you to reuse old slides just with a quick search.

Cons

It would be great to have a master template for the look / feel / design of the slides and then build off from it. For now we just named one of the days "Master..." and if you need to pull a song or a sermon slide you just search for that and reuse it. The sermon slides are cumbersome but when you get to know how it works it's not too bad. They finally allowed for lists of words to appear like PowerPoint presentations show them (one line at a time) and that was my biggest beef before. There's still a learning curve.

Paving the way

We've been with Proclaim for many years now, and have worked through many of the bugs over the years. The company is wonderful in addressing issues, as well as suggestions to improve their product.

Pros

I love the ability to record the audio of the sermon matched with the slides on the ​screen. It gives our congregation the ability to connect on multiple levels each time they access.

Cons

Sometimes we lose "connection to the audio settings", for whatever reason, and the recording fails to happen.

Highly Recommend

Highly positive. I will continue doing business with this company.

Pros

I have used several worship software titles (EasyWorship, MediaShout, ProPresenter and several free titles) and this is by far the fastest and most user-friendly. It is easy to set up, a cinche to maintain, and does what it is intended to do reliably.

Cons

Preset screen ratios that are not adjustable. This limits capabilities to some extent.

Amazing Collaborative presentation software

Pros

Proclaim is typically marketed to churches. It's connections to CCLI song select make creating presentations so easy and fast. You can type a song title and an arrangement and the slides are generated, no need to type words. The whole program had cloud access allowing you to have multiple users who all work on the presentation: a pastor can add sermon slides, the worship leader can add songs, etc. videos, announcements, and YouTube links are simple and everything can be done from different computers. It is even integrated with a function that records sermons and can automatically publish to Facebook, a website or podcast feed.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the recordings can not have video added to them. The background library is a bit limited if you don't purchase the additional media packages

Very simple and useful

Simple and elegant media presentations for church services that multiple contributors could work on from various places throughout the week instead of coming to the church to create them.

Pros

The ability to collaborate with other contributors throughout the week from different places (cloud based) is probably my favorite feature.

Cons

Being cloud-based means items added to the presentation have to sync and need a good internet connection. Occasionally, we've had trouble with syncing because of server problems on their end or because of internet connectivity on our end. We've always been able to work out what we needed before presenting, but sometimes it's been close or we've had to re-do our work because it didn't sync. They usually work out those kinks quickly (they've never been repeated two consecutive days).

Great product and integration with other Faithlife products, too.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and to use. It has been a big upgrade from PowerPoint, especially in it's ability to use motion backgrounds for song lyrics. The product also integrates with other Faithlife products like Logos, Faithlife Church Groups, and Faithlife Sites. The ability to record sermons automatically and then publish them directly to our website and created podcasts automatically is a big time saver. And the customer service is top notch. Also since the presentations are in the cloud, it makes it possible for several different people to work on the presentation.

Cons

Since the product is in the cloud, it is dependent on Faithlife's servers and our internet connection but we've rarely experienced problems with either. There is a way to run the presentation without being connected to the internet, but it does take some additional steps.

Faithlife Proclaim helping presentation go smoothly during service

It allows the hard of seeing easy accessibility as well as being able to upload onto our churches website and application. The ability for members to receive alerts during the service if there are any issues with their children being watched in daycare helps a lot as well.

Pros

Faithlife Proclaim helps presentation during the service go smoothly. This software allows easy accessibility through the cloud .. and to portray during the service.. the smooth transitions and creations of presentations can help members read the song lyrics as they are sung, receive alerts such as daycare issues on their personal devices and ability to see easily from the projector announcements and special presentations especially during the holiday seasons.

Cons

If the cloud is down you will not be able to access or edit your presentation.

Proclaim - A Valuable Tool

We installed this software several years ago and have used it with very few issues. Any time we have issues Faithlife has been quick to aid us in solving the issue.

Pros

Proclaim allows us to collaborate in the cloud to provide presentations for our services and Bible Studies. Great graphic features as well as interaction with our Bible Study tools. We feed the display that appears on the screens in the auditorium over to our video production software to add lower thirds and other full-screen graphics to our live stream.

Cons

There is very little that we do not like about Proclaim.

A great church presenter once set up the way you want it.

Overall, having edited each slide to verify font and size consistency, it has worked really well for our church.

Pros

having multiple people on the visual team at church, it is nice that this software is online. I can access it from any computer and make adjustments when needed. Adding photos/videos for sermon illustrations is easy. Having the ability to import songs directly from CCLI is wonderful!

Cons

In order to keep the same font and sizes in a whole presentation, I need to edit every slide. I have not found a way to make a standard font/size for the different sections. It would be helpful to be able to edit a "Title 1" to be a specific font and size for the entire presentation.

We love Proclaim

Pros

Great graphics, great worship software, and works with Logos. This helps our worship setup and development much easier and saves time on preparing the media for worship. Great program and company.

Cons

A great way to keep a professional look when it comes to presenting your Church Service

Pros

Proclaim stands tall among a market flooded with different options when it comes to running your services screen presentation. Proclaim is one of the better ones I have used. Pros: -No limit to how many computers it is installed on -Cloud Syncing -Integration with many other popular church software staples (Planning Center, SongSelect, Graceway Media, Etc) -Many templates pre-built for you

Cons

This software is not the most intuitive I have used out of all the options available. If you really want to get the full use of out of this software you will need to put in the time to understand how to use it all. They do however make that easy with training and tutorials.