OpenLP Reviews

Pros

Overall, our experience with the software has been positive. The ease of use during the service has been of immense help.

Berry C.

I am in a small church so it has not much budget for this kind of stuff. It is easy and fun to use.

Daniel G.

I love that it supports many different platforms.

Peter B.

Berry C.

This is very limited in features, and cannot compete with paid software.

Dominik Š.

3.9

In the age of one-man-army teams, this right here is a godsend!

OpenLP is everything that is great about open-source software. A well-developed software with a community that supports it even more. It was essential for our church to find something that worked very well for us. Over time, we were able to use most of all features that changed the game. Dynamically editing the setlist while on stage; adding, removing, skipping - all while being completely wireless makes it the best software we've used till date.

Pros

Cross-platform. This piece of software will run on anything. OpenLP runs on any platform, whether you're running Windows, iOS or Linux. You don't even need a full-sized computer to run it. Makes it all the more easier to spread out our points of failure, making it completely reliable.

Cons

Multi-language support is something that is still lacking. It does support multiple languages, but having it appear in two languages at the same time - when that arrives, it'll be a game-changer for sure.

Program IS NOT for nontechnical persons.

Pros

It works for a small fellowship that does not have funds for a better updated modern program. Works well with CCLI - Song Select. I was using LibreOffice PowerPoint - this is a great upgrade with ease of use when preparing for a service.

Cons

One needs to be tech-savvy to get everything to work, Not novices! There is NO tech support, The interface is not up to modern standards ease of use. I would like to be able to hand off to others when I am not available or have other duties I would like if others like my worship leader to make changes with ease. It takes a lot of effort to get format the slides to look good. Then once you get set up - changing locations/equipment it will not display the same.

If you want something to get up and going fast then this is it. Handles very basic functions well.

Easy setup. Fast editing to get screens displayed. I can train people in 1 hour how to create a service, how to download new content and how to put music on the screen. Very Very easy to use and I have got a lot of churches looking at it to save money.

Pros

It is easy to use for almost anybody with basic computer skills. If you have a limited staff, then I would highly recommed this. I download media from youtube and content is on the screen in less than five minutes. I can create an entire service and easily edit what I want to put on the screen. there is some lag time between what you add to the service and getting it on the screen. but overall, it does a decent job for small churches. I am a computer consultant for small churches and they all like it because the bible is easy to pull up. You click the projector and it goes right to screen. I have two TV's and one project on a hp computer and we are happy.

Cons

The content sometimes laggs behind when you put it on the screen. Also the songs dont keep up with my musicians. I have to constantly move the needle. Needs more backgrounds so you dont have to do much creating.

It's a FREE WORSHIP SOFTWARE

This software is an essential tool for our fellowship. If your church cannot (or does not want to spend money) afford ProPresenter or EasyWorship, this is the software for you!

Pros

What's to go wrong with this free software? It's completely FREE! We are able to do most features of Easyworship and Propresenter using this software. Essential tool of our church youth group.

Cons

There are a few missing feature. First of all, the multilingual bible support is not that effective. The formatting could also need some work as the slides are sometimes not aesthetically pleasing and need further editting. But what's to go wrong with FREE software?

Easy to Use Presentation Software

Pros

I like that it is easy for a user to use during the service. Once a service is done, nearly anyone with ten minutes training can use the software.

Cons

I dislike the lack of some features such as being able to run video in the software. We have to use separate software for that. Our other issue is the lack of information on how to do things with the software. The lack of tutorials on it probably keeps many churches away from using it.

Pros

Super easy to learn and use for someone that was not computer literate.

Cons

EXTREMELY SLOW to open, save and close. To many times on trying to open my saves program it would tell me can't open due to corrupt file. So I would have to start iver and build a new skeleton program and then fill it I'm before service.

Since a found out this software I was very happy because it fills all my espectations. It easy to us

Pros

Firstly, it is free (open source), I am a linux user, so i prefered open source software. Secondly, it has a lot of Bible versions in Spanish (my local language). It can work with a lot of formats (audio, video, Power Point presentations, images, etc.). Its support is very good, it is easy to find answers in the forums.

Cons

I could not find how to show a video behind lyrics. It has a few of backgrounds. I have not try the remote control app.

OpenLP is great!

We use OpenLP to display things for our church service. It would be easier if I could use a remote but we can always find someone to click on each item as needed.

Pros

It is set up in a logical way. Once you learn it, it is easy to use.

Cons

When someone new uses it they sometimes save things in a different way and then you have to hunt for what you are looking for. Sometimes it goes through and makes 4 copies of each media title and then you have to delete all of the extras.

Good, Free Presentation Software for Church!

Pros

There are three main things that I like: it works as advertised, it does work across multiple platforms (Mac, Windows and Linux) and best of all, it's FREE! I recommend this software for small churches looking to transition over to the digital world from overhead projectors and especially if they do not have a team of volunteers but just one person overseeing it.

Cons

Ok, OpenLP, while it works ok, isn't the most user friendly interface. I can't say that I would recommend this for a volunteer based team. I'll use it on occasion if it's just me .

Free but behind competition

It allows entrance into the worship software field, but eventually leads to one pursuing a paid alternative.

Pros

The free pricetag allows for usage outside of contexts with large media budgets and very powerful computers.

Cons

Its easy of use and reliability in large setups make it a liability for volunteers managing multiple screens and different looks.

OpenLP is a fantastic free presentation software for churches

A free presentation software that was stable and kept pace with many of its much more expensive competitors.

Pros

Our small church couldn't afford the high costs of the big competitors in the presentation software world, so we started looking into free options. It didn't take long to discover OpenLP, which has been a great solution for a number of years. This free software offers most of the basic functionality you find in a paid presentation software, only they have done it for free! Import songs from CCLI...

Cons

At the time we stopped using the software, it still could not support video backgrounds behind songs. The SongSelect import was more cumbersome than with other software, but it still worked.

Best lyrics projection software

I tried or saw many other software, but for last 6 years OpenLP solve every worship meetings or performances (where our technical team assisted) very well. The software is very handy in everything the user wants to do when paper songbooks are not an option. The complex funtions need some time to learn, but even the beginner can do basic things really fast. Great GUI.

Pros

There is so many useful functions, but still relatively easy to use. Working well on all platforms and projectors (some other comparable multiplatform softwares for lyrics projection are far more buggy with the multiple screen handling on Linux and MacOS) The remote control from any device over http - the most clever function, also the people who newer saw OpenLP can switch between slides or search for songs, very good GUI.

Cons

In the default configuration too many hotkeys are set and some alphabet keys conflict with song fast scrolling to certain letter. But 1 minute of erasing the hotkeys fix this for the future.

Brilliantly simple, effective tool for church meetings

Pros

OpenLP has a simple, effective interface for projecting song lyrics, scripture and images during a meeting. It is lightweight (fits on a USB stick) and easy to get the hang of. Considering that OpenLP is free and open source, there is really nothing that beats it for a small to medium sized church.

Cons

Unfortunately it has limitations with regards to video integration, requiring separate software to do so which makes the experience less than seamless.

Great Open Source Church Presentation Software

Our Church was starting a new service and we needed to get something that was cheap, free and easy to learn. This was the first go to option. It took the whole team just a few hours to get the basics. Setting it up for the service was pretty straight forward. There are a few things the software lacks, like the motion backgrounds, etc. But on the whole i think it does the job!

Pros

This software is free, straightforward and easy to learn

Cons

It does not have motion backgrounds. There a a few glitches that think the developers have to work on but for the most part i think it works well. Most of these issues are already on forums being discussed so i'm pretty sure they will be addressed soon

Lyrics and scriptures display

I have been using OpenLP for about 10 years It is a nice all rounded software that is easy to use and provide a decent level of performance

Pros

The software is free Easy to use Media player

Cons

Bible import feature no web display feature

Pros

This program allows me to load the songs easily. There is also the option of editing the songs with no problems. It is typically quick to load and I can add Bibles without problems.

Cons

There is no easy way to add moving backgrounds. The slides, even when formatted, tend to take on their own formatting and it does not always present itself the way I would like on the screen.

Buy software if you can

I used this while I was searching for good software. This was not good software.

Pros

It's free, which is the biggest reason for consideration.

Cons

This is very limited in features, and cannot compete with paid software.

Free! UI a little awkward...

Pros

I love that it supports many different platforms. The remote capabilities are cool although I have not used them extensively. I was able to get Bibles in our local language imported without any difficulty. You can't go wrong with free!

Cons

The user interface is a bit awkward. I can get it to work for me, but it is really hard to explain it to someone else.

We were gave this a go since it was open source but you get what you pay for.

Pros

We had high hopes about this because we are big fans of open source software. Unfortunately what we heard didn't match up with the great promotional pitch.

Cons

The lag in the system to the screens, it was difficult to load content in and then get it on the screen looking the same as it was edited. Was hoping for more, but it fell flat.

It's open source...

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it's open source and therefore it's free. I guess you should not complain too much about free.

Cons

Well, it's open source and it has the potential for improvements in the future, but in the meantime it's buggy, laggy and unrefined.