All categories

Fixed Assets Reviews

Pros

The training and customer service is excellent. I think this is a fantastic choice for fixed assets software.

Kelly L.

Yardley M.

I like the ease of inputting new assets. You can simply use the tab key to move from field to field and get assets entered quickly.

Rachel K.

Cons

The only bad experience I have had was with your customer service team.

Rashid M.

The reports are somewhat difficult to customize and we had trouble getting them to be in a format that we wanted.

Laura K.

The program has small font sizes and sometimes hard to see. The reporting is also a bit confusing once it's printed.

Rachel K.

4.0

Business data for risk evaluation

Access to key business data that is fairly current.

Pros

Easy to navigate, the terms are not written in to high a level for broad access in the organization.

Cons

Very robust with great depth and breadth of information - takes a little time to successfully navigate

BNA Fixed Assets Review

We have recently upgraded from the desktop version to the web version of BNA Fixed assets. There were many difficulties with the move, but received customer service to slowly complete the transaction. After we accomplished the transfer and customized the system to our specific use, one thing I would say that is extremely helpful is the ability to search within each field. There has been a lot to learn...

Pros

Ability to search within each field on the asset view.

Cons

Listed below are a few desired enhancements: Order of fields in Add Asset windows to be customizable Add option to upload document within the Add Asset window when asset is created rather than editing the asset and then uploading the document Option to add an additional asset after one is complete Default within Add Asset windows: Override Additional First-Year Depreciation - Default next...

Very Easy to use; good service, expensive pricing model; weak reporting

The software makes it very easy to upload and mass modify assets. If you buy it, you must get the dataview add-on that lets you integrate the reporting into excel. The base crystal reporting is hard to use and also only allows you to report on one book at a time. The database is very flexible, allowing multiple placed into service dates (one for each book) but the reporting becomes erroneous if...

Pros

The asset type method makes training users very easy

Cons

The price model is unfair to companies with a large number of assets but few transactions. The reporting is basic and prone to error. An upgrade is required to get a good reporting capability.

Accounting for Fixed Assets

The ability to report fixed assets in multiple currencies is the best thing with this software, its so useful for a company that has branches in different countries as it automatically calculates exchange rates .

Pros

This software makes the process of accounting for fixed assets so simple. One is able to record, calculate depreciation, calculate gain or loss on disposal and asset and track all fixed assets owned by a company.

Cons

It is complicated and it is difficult for users to adjust the depreciation rates or add anything to it.

Novo Nordisk Inc BNA Fixed Assets Review

In general, this works about as well and is as user friendly as you can expect from something as complicated as a fixed asset tool. We are, in general, very happy with this product. The one major complaint is regarding reports that are exported to Excel. When producing a report for export to Excel and including a fixed asset description, it automatically puts the description on the next line. Additionally,...

Pros

Easy to train new, non-tax technical personnel on

Cons

The way that the reports export to Excel

BNA Fixed Assets

I have no other depreciation software to compare it to but it works for what I need it to.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up an asset and the asset wizard.

Cons

I wish there were more customization reports. I can't always make the reports how I want them to look

Great for managing fixed assets

Pros

Utilizes workflow technology and automation reducing indexing and entry throughout the life cycle of a single location.

Cons

Scanning software for invoices could be better utilized for maximum indexing and automation of incoming invoices.

I have been using Bloomberg BNA Fixed Assets for four years. It has helped to streamline our fixed assets accounting process and has also helped tremendously with tax preparation. We recently switched to the BNA Fixed Assets Web version and this has continued to help streamline our operations.

Pros

Reporting functionality, versatility.

Cons

Need to continue to make strides on the BNA Fixed Assets Web. Would like to see better ad-hoc reporting capabilities.

The best fixed asset program that I have found

Pros

Flexible program making it fairly easy to create your own information reports. Handles AMT well. Current with tax laws.

Cons

Need to refresh sporadically to get correct reports and the learning curve was lengthy. I like to work on Sundays and the site is frequently down for maintenance on Sundays.

BNA Fixed Assets

The software is very user friendly and the reports are easy to manipulate to achieve the results you want. The help index is confusing and I tend to call support if I have questions.

Pros

user friendly and easy to get reports

Cons

help index is confusing and hard to find answers

Reverse of the last transaction

Generally, I like using BNA Fixed Assets - it is easy to search for particular assets, there are many options to modify reports. The only big problem I have is that I cannot reverse transactions. For instance, if I import 100 assets and I made an error, I would like to be able to reverse the entire transaction. Each time when I import something I print the transaction report. Each report should have...

BNA Software Review

Pros

The software is user friendly and takes no time to figure out. We were able to easily enter an asset into the system without any issues.

BNA Fixed Asset tracker simplifies and cuts down on time

Pros

I like that it is able to track the fixed assets over time and depreciate them accordingly based on the type of asset class it belonged to and if bonus depreciation is used.

Cons

If you transfer over fixed assets on to the software, it can be a little bit of work in the front end.

Average Product!

Average. We expected an improvement with web vs desktop. Consolidated reporting is very poor. We need consolidated reporting similar to the desktop for our Tax Accountants.

Pros

Can have more than one company open at the same time.

Cons

Consolidated Reporting1q

The cost and capability of Factset is better.

Our Bloomberg terminals were easily linked to this tool.

Pros

It syncs well with the rest of Bloomberg which we use for other various parts of our business. The keystrokes are all familiar and the user interface is as well.

Cons

Factset analytics is known to be a superior product and when testing the trials on BNA we realized our fixed income business would benefit greater from Factset.

Bloomberg BNA Fixed Assets - It just works

We've been using BNA for over 10 years and it just works. We've been able to track our fixed assets with ease. The rare times we've had a question, the BNA helpdesk has been friendly and responsive.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service

Cons

Placed in service date

Great value for the investment

Overall, the BNA Web fixed asset web product is easy to use and gives me the ability to generate IRS forms, which makes the US tax return process more seemless. The flexibility in reporting is also useful for obtaining both actual and forecast data in a timely manner.

Farmers Bank of Appomattox

We have been a BNA desktop customer for many years and recently converted to the BNA web product. The conversion was not as smooth as hoped but we finally got up and running. The primary complaint thus far is the font size used in reports. It is microscopic! We will work with technical support to solve this issue hopefully. Thus far technical support has been very responsive and helpful.

SR Accountant

I have had a good experience with the software. It was very easy to setup, add assets, make changes mid year, etc. The reporting is great and can easily be modified. The only bad experience I have had was with your customer service team. I would've hoped they were more understanding of our needs and guide us through issues but instead i was referred to the manual to figure it out by myself.

Fixed Asset Software

Overall it was a very difficult software to use, and we switched once our accounting software released their solution .

Pros

It kept track of all of our fixed assets in one place.

Cons

It was a very difficult staff to use. In the year I had the software I never fully understood how to use it. I wasn't ever sure on how to add things in there or adjust depreciation schedules.

Easy to use and learn

Pros

There are different functional currencies. The ability to save reports in excel, pdf or csv formats.

Cons

Help site is difficult to find answers. Customer support people are not the friendliest. No other cons

Love BNA fixed assets software

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. The training and customer service is excellent! I think this is a fantastic choice for fixed assets software!

Cons

My only complaint is that at times the font is too small to see. However, I haven't called customer service regarding this issue. I feel certain that they could help me out with this.