CleanMyMac X Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.22/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

All features are very good and useful. That’s really best option and solution for Mac users.
The rich feature set and ease of use are a big plus for me. It gives me peace of mind knowing my Macs are protected and running smooth and efficiently every single day.
From keeping my computer running as it ages, to the excellent customer service I received the few times I have needed it, my experience could not be better.
The pop up reminders are annoying, but I should just turn them off.
Not sure if I should remove some of the files or not so I choose to leave them.
However, for most users, I predict will leave all notifications on or turn off completely.

CleanMyMac X users...

AVG Antivirus Business Edition-logocaret

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Daylite for Mac-logocaret

Daylite for Mac

How would you rate CleanMyMac X?

Daniel E.

Senior Pastor

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The Best Whole-System Cleaner on the Market for Mac

Transcript

Daniel E.: Hi, my name's Daniel. I'm a senior pastor. I give CleanMyMac X five out of five. And for more...

Flawless and Easy protection of your Mac!

Transcript

Mike: Hi, my name is Mike. I am a training manager and I am reviewing CleanMyMac X, which I get a five...

The One App You Need

It’s fast, comprehensive, and rock-solid.

Pros

It included every tool I could think of (updates, HD checks, log cleaning, etc)

Cons

It doesn’t offer all of the updates for the apps on my Mac. I have to update those manually.

Best in Cladd

Fantastic

Pros

I love how the software completely diagnoses problems in my computer and frees up space for for future use

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little slow. Sometimes it crashes.

Great tool to keep my MAC working well

Pros

My MAC is old - 2012 - so it needs a bit more TLC to keep tiperforming. Clean My MAc makes that pretty effortless for me.

Cons

I would love to have a more detailed file explorer to help remove large files / free up space. Finding duplicates, reorganising files when space becomes critical is a real pain in the neck!

The best optimizing tool for my mac.

We manage big files everyday and we need to optimize our disk space and memory regularly. That's the feature we love and use the most about CleanMyMac. For us, it's simply the best tool out there.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use CleanMyMac. It has a clean and intuitive user interface and great optimizing tools that just work. I don't need to do any manual/repetitive tasks to optimize memory, clean my disk or have a precise view of what's taking space in my computer. I just make a couple clicks and it's all done. Also, I don't need additional apps for different tasks. CleanMyMac does it all!

Cons

Nothing not to like. I had only one issue with my antivirus, but it was solved in a couple minutes just checking CleanMyMac's website and updating it.

Useful tool

Been using for years on all my Mac computers. Would not use anything else.

Pros

Keeps my system running at peak efficiency while protecting it from malicious software.

Cons

Nothing. Nothing. Just keeps getting better.

sudo powers without the sudo hassle.

Any computer over time will collect temp files, downloads, installers and a host of other system junk just from day to day use. It is nice to be able to clean all this up without having to go through directories looking for extra files or opening up a terminal.

Pros

I work as a System Administrator on Windows and Linux machines. I use CleanMyMacX on my M1 Mac at home. The last thing that I want to do after patching systems and remediating vulnerabilities all day is to have to do the same thing on my personal computer. I use my home system for my creative projects which I really enjoy. I love that I can click a button and it will go through and clean up junk for me without me having to type sudo a million times to remove files etc. I love that when I use it to uninstall a program that it removes correctly and completely.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this software.

Best password organizer

Used for years as the best and easiest product out there

Pros

Browser integration is clean and available as an extension on the three I use

Cons

Doesn’t always load a login page but goes to a home page

The best software to keep your mac clean and fast

Pros

Excellent app, it offers a series of tools that allow you to clean up unnecessary files, uninstall apps and scan for malware.

Cons

Maybe the price could be a bit lower, but otherwise it's great.

Best in class and has been for many years

Superb customer support amd when features are added they are always relevant - I love the menu bar feature for checkin my internet speed - saves me the hassle of having to use a separate app or online address

Pros

Consistent ongoing improbement to the product and it is always compatible with the latest Mac OS, which I keep up to date

Cons

I really cannot think of any - but a defrag feature might be nice for traditional HDs

The cleanest of interfaces, and most powerful tool to keep you safe

Never an issue despite running it for over 3 years. It helps keep my Macs running smoothly and efficiently.

Pros

The graphical interface screams ease of use, but for a very seriously professional product. It reminds me regularly to run my scans, and the product is constantly being upgraded with improvements, not just new features.

Cons

Nothing. It works great and does what it promises with no tech experience required.

Excellent Product (Benchmarking for Peers)

Exceptional.

Pros

While shopping, I neither found another product as comprehensive, nor with the same clean UI. CMM not only loads your bases, but also drives the process home.

Cons

It would be great if the memory maps and other features enabled reporting. It would be great to see such a detailed breakdown of how I use my memory in a clearly defined chart.

Peace of mind!

Love it!

Pros

Knowing that my Mac are all safe and the ease of using the software is a bonus!

Cons

Sometimes it over protects and prompts unnecessary warnings!

Solid product - good value for the money

My computer runs better and safer with this software

Pros

Ease of use and the way it prompts.me to use it.

Cons

No real issues. It does the job I hired it to do.

Value formoney system tool.

Pros

CleanMyMac X does for me what others don't - intuitively keeps my machine running smoothly, without bloat or performance hits. Easy to us, easy to implement, indispensable to my workflow.

Cons

I would like to see duplicate finder built in - but Gemini is recommended and as easy to use.

Does what it says on the tin!

I use CleanMyMac for my personal computer systems, it gives me confidence in the system integrity, and the ability to fine-tune settings. I like to tinker, so having backup support from CleanMyMac in case something goes wrong is excellent.

Pros

CleanMyMac is an essential part of my personal computer maintenance and management armoury. It's easy to use, intuitive and has loads of features that make my life easier.

Cons

I have not had any issues with CleanMyMac, the CPU overhead is minimal, and the features far outweigh any negatives.

CleanMyMac X Very Useful!

Easy to use, clean interface, gives peace of mind... overall, a very good experience

Pros

CleanMyMac X is simple to use, it reminds me to use it, and basically takes just one click to run. If you want to dive deeper, there are a range of options, including identifying what is taking up space on your machine.

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative about this software. It is perhaps a little more expensive than some competing products, but I trust it and think it is worth it.

Takes care of all my Apple computers

Fully recommended by me.

Pros

This program is a fast and thorough assessment of my diverse computer functions that deletes unneeded files and programs saving tons of storage that I wouldn’t have recognized or discovered on my own. CleanMyMac is updated promptly recognizing all the many Apple iOS updates without missing a beat. Also alerts about security vulnerabilities. Wouldn‘t ever want to do without it.

Cons

Haven’t found any issues to be dissatisfied.

Assurance

Pros

Ease of use. I can reach it off the top of window to open.

Cons

Nothing. it’s there as I need it. Convenience.

Incredibly useful app

Basically very good

Pros

Ease of operation and efficiency at cleaning, uninstalling and updating my Mac

Cons

Expensive and some facilities not especially intuitive to use (for non-IT people)

Years of Good Service

I have had this product since it first started and have recommended it to so may I can't count.

Pros

This product covers almost every area of concern with regards to fine tuning and removal of wasted space text debris and malware.

Cons

I feel this product is not well known enough by Mac users in particular.

Unubstrusive, clean, easy to use

I just let it run, it keeps me informed of maintenance, updates, cleaning requiered. I don’t even know it is there!

Pros

A nice little piece of software that runs in the background upon which I’ve learned to relay for more than 5 years. Trustworthy, especially for uninstalling and deleting items. CleanmyMac has never ONCE let me down by deleting things I did not want deleted, Completely safe!

Cons

Ability to manage offloaded (cloud based) files not reliable or not obvious.

Keeping My Mac Purring

Using this software means I can trust my system is running smoothly.

Pros

I like the junk cleanup which helps me keep my hard drive from bogging down as well as the memory management features.

Cons

Sometimes the scans can take a while. Other than that I have no complaints.

The best I've used!

Cleaning up my drive, making my MAC run as the day I bought it and protecting my MAC

Pros

It has saved my MAC, from battery life to running the wrong files or websites. Truly amazing

Cons

So far it has preformed to all my exception

Almost everything I need

Pros

The most important feature of CleanMyMac X is that it take all the guess work our of optimizing my Mac and getting rid of software clutter either during normal operation, software update or software removal.

Cons

The ideal add on for me would be a duplicate, review and removal function. I realize that there is Space Lens, Large and Old Files but I need to keep these files for reference and legal purposes. What I need is a function that allows me to get rid of drafts and duplicates and the ability to rearrange files to account for the passage of time and changing circumstances.

Excellent product.

Pros

I am image heavy in my daily work, and CleanMyMac reminds me that I need to do a scan to ease the burden on my computer. On a busy day it will clean 4 GB off my hard drive. The program is also easy on the eyes and fun to watch work. This program is a vital part of my daily/weekly routine.

Cons

There are really no cons that I have found. It easily does what it says it will do in keeping my computer running smoothly.