Forest Metrix Reviews

4.42/5 (12 reviews)

Jacob Tumm

Great features, easy to use, great quality, and customer support is excellent.

Reviewed 2018-02-16

It has helped save time in the office. I can calculate everything right in the field with the tap of a finger. Even estimated values of the timber.So many features and functions, and after playing with it, to get to know the software, very easy to use. And you can use it on your ipad, which is great with mapping apps and built in gps.

Patrick Hulle

This software has saved me a lot of time from woods to office. It has everything that I need.

Reviewed 2018-02-16

It has everything you need in a forestry software and the fact that you can use it on a device like and iPad of iPhone that you can use outside of forestry makes it that much more useful. It is very simple to use and accomplish all of my goals and it is a very good program to use. Very nice user interface on a big screen.

Dana Dowling

very intuitive software. I really like the fact that it is used on an iphone app!

Reviewed 2018-02-15

Saves time with data processingGreat product for a reasonable price. The fact that it is an app on the iphone means I don't have to purchase an additional hand held data collector.

Charles Crockett

I've used Forest Metrix as. Consulting Forester for 4 years. I consider it an excellent investment.

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Able to keep all timber cruising services in house. No need to farm out this service...regardless of size of land base. 10 acres and up. Everything I need to setup a cruise is on my tablet (Ipad) no need to plan a cruise entirely in the office..can setup. software and cruise on the fly.Ease of use for inclusion of graphs and tables into forest management plans. Excellent customer service. On the fly stats tell me when I've collected enough cruise points to satisfy requirements landowner or governing entities.

Anonymous

Best option for WYSIWYG

Reviewed 2018-08-16

WYSIWYG coding is really tricky, and I think they still have plenty of bugs to work out. Overall though, it's a good option for small nonprofits. I wouldn't use it if I had any budget to hire a real designer unless they knew how to go in there and code things so I could just use the user-friendly interface.You can make really attractive, professional-looking websites without much design experience. They have some really good templates.

Bruce Wilkins

Consulting forester working with smaller parcels

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Works very well with the way I like to do things.Ease of use in the field and customization for my own methodology. Very wide choice of features. The power of using an iPad and all of its compatibility.

Kevin Burns

Friendly and very knowledgeable support!

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Customizable for specific application. Customizable reports. Easy to enter data in the field.Runs on my smartphone, and generates the ability to really dig deep into the analysis of inventory data on the spreadsheet app.

Darton Devin

Works Well On Apple Devices

Reviewed 2018-04-21

Increased productivity.I like its easy to use interface and display layout. The reports it is able to produce are also really useful and easy.

Aaron Earl

Promising from the beginning but has not improved in areas that present challenges for me...

Reviewed 2017-10-31

Great charts and tables A lot of options if you know how to use them If you are technically savvy, then this is the way to go!

Bob Wilson

I am old school so the software is capable of doing more than I probably need but still a great tool

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-02-15

I am able to use my old volume tables that I have been using for years. Donn actually customized the software to include my volume tables. Very nice.

Alex Barrett

I use Forest Metrix for a range of work- from sampling for forest management plans to tallying trees

Reviewed 2018-02-12

Simple, logical, straightforward interface. You can take pictures associated with plots. Moving plots between stands is easy.

Joan Nichols

Served my needs for forest inventory data collection.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-02-09

Increased my production time in the field.Easy to input data. Easy to customize data collection. Excellent customer support. Field friendly.