GAGEpack Reviews

Dan S.

I would recommend this product to any organization that uses tons of gages. Helps me keep track of all my gage product and I love the "filter" option its so powerful.

Godwin N.

Ease of use, search feature is a very good asset, my ME/QEs like all the charts that come up with GR&R. Filter are easily set-up to use.

Ron V.

Cons

The only con I have is if you don't pay the renewal fee that the software stops working. I understand if the support stops but I don't thing the software should stop working.

Mark L.

I really do not have anything I found that I dislike yet.

Carl H.

A little inconvenient that GAGEpack 9 can't read GAGEpack 3 databases.

Dave B.

I have used GagePack for many years and have always loved it.

Pros

I like that it updates automatically once the software agreement is renewed. I have used the phone tech support and it was helpful.

Cons

Formatting of some reports - sizing columns. I want to lengthen the time before the lock screen pops up.

Cassandra - Happy to hear of your satisfaction with GAGEpack and your positive experience with our support team!

great product, great price

overall a great product. very happy with it's capabilities.

Pros

less expensive than many competitive products. intuitive to use for a non-computer person. Excellent customer service when I call in for help!

Cons

a few functions were not intuitive for me to use (a non-computer savy person). took quite a while to enter all of our gauges manually (PQ Systems can migrate all your gauges into the program for you, but it costs more) these are minor issues however.

Paul - Thank you for your feedback! If you ever have a question regarding entering gauges, feel free to contact our Application Support team via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or by online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat). We are happy to help!

Keeps very good track of your gages

Pros

That you are able to keep track of gages and Vendors. You get notification when a vendors certification has expired.

Cons

That I can not get not notification up to a month ahead of time. When I have to request quotes from Vendors I like to start a month before due date.

Serina - Thank you for the review. We'll pass your feedback on to our software engineers and it will be considered in later updates. If you ever need help please give us a call.

Gage pack use at Rightway

Gage pack is used to check the Status of calibration on a gage, as well as the location, making it fast and easy to get the gage to clean and calibrate.

Pros

It gives you all the information about a part that has been entered into the system. This makes it so easy to check the status of any part

Cons

I haven't had any issues with Gage pack, I have been able to use it for all of my needs, and find it an awesome calibration/ staging software. it just makes my job so much easier!!!!

Our experience with GAGEpack has been exceptional. It has been well worth the purchase for us.

Organization of calibration events and gauges. Reduced time in performing calibration events from having to write all of the information needed. Ease of use when perform calibration events, developing reports and/or reviewing the audit trail of gauges. The customer support for when we need help answering questions or need to make changes that suit our needs.

Pros

Everything GAGEpack has to offer has been a drastic improvement to our Quality System. Coming from a paper based and in-house developed calibration database, transferring over to GAGEpack was a no-brainer. The time spent writing all of our calibration events and navigating the in-house database has reduced our time performing calibration events. The ease of use and features of GAGEpack has improved...

Cons

Using GAGEpack for 4+ years, I have not experience any issues using the software. Our company has been using the software for 5 months now. Any questions or modifications that we had were quickly answered by the PQ Systems team. Our calibration technician has not experienced any issues as well. The technician is very happy that we purchased GAGEpack for their daily calibration needs.

Justin - Thanks for sharing your experience with GAGEpack! It's been a pleasure working with you and Atrion!

GAGEpack Software

Keeping track of all of our devices and tracking their histories with a couple of clicks has shredded time and effort prepping for Audits. Stress savings as well! Allows me to be more productive.

Pros

Within a half hour I liked what it offered during my trial. Easy data setup for devices and great historical data trails. It can be a simple as you want or as complex and detailed as your needs require. Great support when needed, chats and call backs have always been quick. Love the dashboard for planning upcoming events. Great tool when my Auditor is here!

Cons

I am challenged annually about the pricing of the software from I.T and Management, due to lesser cost of other software out there.

Easy to use, great customer service.

Pros

My tech's can easily access gauge data and update gauges as well. Updates are easily installed and I if I have issues, customer support is just a phone call away. Overall great PQ Systems has great employees working for them.

Cons

Would like to be able to print tool pictures along with calibration worksheets (automatically attached to worksheets).

Thanks for the review! Customer support is always happy to help!

Great product

My experience with this software has been fantastic. It took me a little while to learn how to use all the features I would need but once I did it has been very useful. And the product support team has been wonderful with helping me whenever I have a question.

Pros

It is very organized and easy to use, and the product support team is extremely helpful.

Cons

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is not being able to write my own custom reports.

Software review

Great!

Pros

user friendly and ease of use. I like the fact that all of the information is in the same general area, not having to go to so many different pages to key in your information.

Cons

Procedures don't show up on the certificates.

GAGEpack Software Review

Great product...great company!!

Pros

GAGEpack Software, by PQ Systems, is an excellent software package for controlling all of your calibration records. Very easy to use and maintain. You can even upload photos of your gauges for reference. This software takes the guesswork out of calibration audits.

Cons

No issues. This software is great and the technical support from PQ Systems is amazing! Support team is our go-to resource for any questions.

Thanks for the awesome review! Our support team is always happy to help!

very intuitive and organized

Pros

The ability to "filter" almost any and everything is extremely friendly. On a monthly basis I group gages to send out for calibration and on a weekly basis I run report for "in-house" calibration. Also, the software is color coded for ease of use, very visual. I am able to edit with ease and maintain individual cards distinctively. I am able to add calibration procedures to every gage for ease of access. I almost single handily saved our complete calibration process with Gagepak. The training I received from the instructors was very helpful in meeting the needs of our company.

Cons

If there are any cons to this software, it would have to be in my opinion that the system will not stay up daily, I have to close it our daily and log back in. Also, the ability to export and customize is limited, I cannot establish grids nor move columns uniquely, it's not set up to perform that. Also, getting my emails when gages are due is not an easy task, IT dept. cannot figure it out, blames the software. One of the last things I don't like about it is that the data can easily be manipulated once it's entered for false readings.

Sam - Thanks for your positive review and taking the time to provide suggestions for GAGEpack! Your comments have been passed on to our software engineers and taken into consideration. As always, feel free to contact our Application Support team with any additional suggestions or questions. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

GAGEpack Experience

We have over 5000 measuring tools at our facility. Before GAGEpack, we had a paper system that was a complete mess - no easy way to verify what was coming due or past due. We've been using GAGEpack since early 2013. In addition to calibration of tooling, we have a separate database for maintenance of large equipment on our facility (Lathes, Generators, Forklift, A/C units etc.) a database for safety training, and a database for keeping up with regulatory items. We started with 4 or 5 licenses to the program, but are currently holding 10.

Pros

The ease of use and wonderful customer service are just a few of the perks to this program. We love the customization of the fields, and reports. It's easy to log in, quick to load. The visual management (color of past due) and filters make it quick and easy to see what is coming due or past due. The email notifications and variety of groups to get those email notifications are a definitely plus. Our Salesman was able to give us a demo of the software to test prior to purchasing.

Cons

Audra - Thank you for the feedback! It's great to hear about your organization's expanding success with GAGEpack. It has been a pleasure to serve you!

Be in compliance with GagePack

I researched many gage management packages before deciding on GAGEpack and that decision was based on user interface, features, learning curve, and the outstanding customer service that PQ Systems provides. I use GAGEpack to control all measuring and monitoring instruments across our 3 facilities. Gages that are calibrated in house are performed through GAGEpack and will successfully pass internal...

Pros

Ease of use entering gages, tracking, performing calibrations and measurement systems analysis.

Cons

N/A

Steve - Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you choosing GAGEpack and hope you continue to have a positive experience!

Been using Gagepack for over 3 years - program works best for Mechanical-based gages

The ability to voice my opinion.

Pros

The ability to get done what you want - you just have to figure out your end result then find the icon that will do it for you. Having a background in C++ helps to make the proper filters and adjust reports as needed. Highly recommend users that hold their own license go through a course. It takes about 2 hours on line. I also like the support. I like dealing with one person, and my contact is always prompt on returning my emails and giving me suggestions to obtain my end goal. He also looks over my code for me before I implement it to make sure it is not going to mess up my database.

Cons

What I do not like is the amount of characters in some of the blocks are not long enough for the titles of my gages when I am making up a worksheet. When updates are available for off site program holders, some how make it automatic when those updates are included in the software license.

Keith - Thanks for the review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Great support from this equipment management software...

Tool Management for calibrations

Pros

Easy user access to the tools and event creation. We don't use the term Gauge we use the word Tool and the easy manipulation of the separate tools or Tool Card by ID with a clear indication of calibrated and not calibrated is what we like the best. I can train a simple user in 10 minutes with finding and adding with what they need. Also support has been fantastic. Please take note of the support from the customer representative which has been excellent.

Cons

This could be user error (I will freely admit) I just not found a way to simply print several calibration Certificates for Tools that are not numbered in a sequential order at once. Perhaps if there was a check box click option for the Latest Calibration Certificate in our Tools listing what you refer to as Gauges that would be fantastic. Also I wish Vendor info (Serial number, Make, Model, was on the initial tool card instead of the Vendor tab but again neither of these issues are deal breakers.

Tony - Thanks for the great feedback! With the latest release you can now select multiple items from the History tab and right click to print the most recent Calibration Certificates. Our development team is also investigating additional customization features for Gage Cards (or 'Tool Cards' in your case). Thanks again!

Gagepack @ Samtec

We are a large company with many global satellite facilities. The support from Gagepack tech support has been extremely beneficial in merging capabilities and data from each location to make our communication and gaging more effective. The Gagepack system has helped merge our gaging needs into a more cohesive system.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of use and the great tech support.

Cons

We would like to be able to give our users more editing and security capabilities among our global users. Example, we would like for our global users to be able to edit the General tab but not have the ability to affect calibration data. Another CON is the character limitations in some fields especially the NIST data field and your "storage" location.

Darren - We're thrilled to hear that GAGEpack has been helpful in creating a unified gage management system across your multiple locations. Thank you for your positive review and comments! In regards to field character limitations and security capabilities, please reach out to our Application Support team to discuss the options available for your company's specific needs. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

I went from using Powerway which was really outdated to using GagePack and I couldn't be happier

the benefit of this software to Kasai NA is tracking over 4,000 gauges that needs calibrated annually because without it, it would be impossible.

Pros

What I like most about GagePack is the layout of the software, it lets you do just about anything you want to do with it. Our company has over 4,000 items annually to track and calibrate whether its an internal cal or an external cal and GagePack makes it as easy as possible to do all those calibrations.

Cons

Probably the only thing I don't like is the way it prints out the reports (list's) of items needing calibrated. I wish you could change the way the report prints, but to be fair its not a big issue.

Josh - We're happy that you're enjoying your switch to GAGEpack! Our application support team would be happy to help in generating custom reports. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat). Thanks for the review!

We are an AS9100 certified company. GAGEpack has taken care of our gage management needs.

Gage organization.

Pros

For us GAGEpack is most helpful for our calibrations. It alerts us when our gages need calibrating. It keeps records of the calibrations. Then we have it hooked up to a label printer and it prints our calibration sticker for us. We had been filling out calibration stickers by hand. In the process we would occasionally get a date wrong. Now that we're hooked up to a label printer our calibration stickers are always right.

Cons

I haven't found a way in GAGEpack to find out all the gages a particular employee has checked out to them. I have contacted the company but it evidently isn't a feature included in the software. I would like to see it added.

Don - Happy to hear that we have helped with your calibration process! We appreciate your feedback. Your suggestion has been relayed to our software engineers and will be taken into consideration. Thanks for the review!

We went from a 3 x 5 card system to GAGEpack. It was like moving to a new century. Great.

Pros

We have used the software for many of the features to keep track of our calibration system. This was a fantastic change from our card files of the past. After using it for a short time we found that it can be used for other items as well. We now use it for keeping track of certifications of our personnel, machine maintenance schedules, safety certifications & inspections, OSHA required inspections,...

Cons

I really have no cons. The software has some features we do not use. It is nice to have them there, we just do not use them.

Curt - Thanks for the awesome review! Great to hear that GAGEpack has been a big improvement from your previous card system. It's been a pleasure working with you. Thanks again!

Overall great software

Pros

ease of use during data entry. Ability to quickly introduce new gages into the system. Also the attachment of calibration Procedures via PDF is extremely helpful. Downloading and attachment of electronic certification from outside calibration vendors is very time saving and helpful.

Cons

Difficulty of generating custom reports. I have had difficulty in generating custom reports to produce the fields and information that I need to generate. Some fields will not show up in the reports after customization. Even our IT dept has experienced difficulty in producing the desired reports

Brian - Thank you for the review! Our application support team would be happy to help in generating custom reports. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

Gagepack Greatness

I absolutely love this software for our calibration system. It is very user friendly and the customer support is top notch. This system makes an audit a breeze.

Pros

The ease of use. I can sort by any feature that is populated. The customer support is always spot on. Everyone is extremly polite and helpful.

Cons

The cost of the software is a little high when trying to put the system on multiple computers.

Dan - Thank you for your feedback and positive review of GAGEpack! It's great to hear that our solution and Application Support team have made audits easier for StandardAero. Your comments regarding the R&R feature have been passed on to our software engineers and will be taken into consideration. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve you!

was great and satisfactory.

great management benefit.

Pros

easy and friendly to use. I would recommend this product to any organization that uses tons of gages. Helps me keep track of all my gage product and I love the "filter" option its so powerful

Cons

too much to learn, which is not bad as nothing comes easy or cheap. its a bit tough to find the gagepack database in my computer. I

Godwin - Thanks for your review and positive comments! We agree that there is a lot to learn, but we'd like to make the learning process as smooth as possible so we offer a variety of training options - including FREE webinars: https://pq.systems/webinars To learn more about training, please reach out to us via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

GagePack is a very versatile tool for any metrology department, large or small.

I am able to track all my calibration tools and gauges with one software.

Pros

I like the reporting the most. GagePack uses MS Access SQL as its basis for all reporting. All fields are accessible and you can extract all data you need to key in on. You can send it to the printer,or a HTML file for use with MS Office.

Cons

I would like to see a few more options in the emailing portion of this fine product. If there is nothing due in a particular department the software will send out a blank report. I would like to see nothing sent out if there is nothing due.

Bob - Thanks for the great review! We hope you continue to have positive experiences with GAGEpack!

GagePack Database

Because our industry is heavily regulated and subject to frequent outside inspection GagePack is an invaluable tool for keeping our calibrations and records up to date. The freedom to customize needed information helps keep files current and easily accessible

Pros

The ability to track tools and equipment, being able to have different time tables for reminders of due dates, and the wide range of information that can be associated with tools we use.

Cons

The fact that the program tends to "crash" on a fairly regular basis requiring the need to contact support to reset the program.

Ron - We are happy to hear that GAGEpack has been helpful for your company. Thank you for the feedback!

Excellent Customer Service

While trying to integrate our old system to gagepack and have it fit our specific needs, we ran into a couple of problems we couldn't handle ourselves. Luckily there was a very useful customer service direct chat I could use. They were able to go the extra mile and help us out with any issue we had. They were very patient and helpful throughout the transition.

Pros

Still learning it. The little features are what help us through a lot of the mess we usually deal with.

Cons

Again, still learning. The problem we are seeing is that the software seems to be from the perspective of a large company that may have a small cal shop and mostly send thing out for calibration. In our case we are from the opposite perspective, so it is taking a little more effort to properly interpret the software to fit our needs.

Angelo - Thank you for your review! We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding our Application Support team. To help with the process of learning to use GAGEpack most effectively, our gage management experts would be more than happy to discuss available training options. These range from custom sessions at your location, to free webinars for customers with active maintenance plans (http://pqsystems/--training) - whatever fits your organization's needs the best! To reach our team please contact us via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).