Lightship

Cloud-based field operations management platform

visit website

Lightship Reviews

Support for client interests unparalleled. The first true common operating picture tool I've seen.

Got to prove out the basic functionality and business practices behind a true common operating picture. I haven't seen a tool that can do this yet. Several cases where cost effectiveness has far surpassed the cost of subscription. Observed that you don't need a bunch of specialized equipment and skill sets to build and manage a really powerful information system.

Pros

Thorough ability to collect data in any event and share information in a very controlled yet easy manner. No technical skills required beyond basic computer literacy. You don't need to be a GIS analyst or data base manager to use this powerful tool. It has quick customizable mobile form based data collection to a device agnostic environment. You can control data integrity through the form design text...

Cons

Would like to see some element of user customized dashboard. Would like to be able to create custom performance metrics in a simple "query builder" kind of a tool.

Improved Operations

It has been great. I feel we can better keep citizen requests and other job assignments on task as once they are entered into the system they must be closed off. No more do we need to follow sticky notes or handwritten issues. Also, as the items come to the depot the administrator can easily put in the system and the supervisor automatically is notified of the task. Furthermore, I find the support second to none. All users have noted that the Lightship staff has worked quickly to resolve their issues and this was very important in the beginning. With new ideas or changes to our operations, it is easy to update forms, etc. Another great feature is that they mirrored the online work just like our old forms/etc and this made for an easier transition for our staff.

Pros

This software provided us the ability to keep a better digital record of our daily activities and ensure that our work orders were assigned and completed with ease. Also, as Director of the Department, it is a useful tool to follow up with certain assignments to see status and update Council.

Cons

I would like to see a "dashboard" where it could provide me with an upfront report on the tasks assigned/completed/outstanding. This then can be checked per supervisor with a click of the mouse.

Tahltan Wildlife Guardian Program

took all the paper work out while working in the field. offline app allowed you to carry less equipment in the field. interviews are quicker and easier to understand.

Pros

Offline Forms, with Tracking and place marks where Forms are being filled. (Observations and Interviews) Exporting all Data on to an Excel Spread Sheet.

Cons

not to much other then a few thing that could be added to the Feature on the Offline Forms. For Example: Wildlife inventory, when I was counting caribou I had to fill out a form for all caribou individually. So if there was a Counting feature that could show all three Genders(Male/Female/Calf) under caribou, it would make it a lot easier to count herds that are roughly 50+. [Click] to add 1. Caribou Male 25 [Click] Felmale 75 [Click] Calves 10 [Click]

Great, user friendly and excellent supporting staff. Could use more technical functionality.

Pros

Ease of use, provides a functional service with some in depth use of spatial information. Great idea and platform for managing a municipal government. User friendly field collection applications. Supporting staff is a great help when creating or linking data sources. Staff is open to ideas from users. This is an amazing trait for the company.

Cons

The software could be much more "technical" per say. I feel limited by its extent. I would like to see a list of more in depth functionality. I feel like having forms within forms within forms to achieve one form of data collection can cause disorganization and confusion for both the GIS staff and the operational staff. Having the ability to create features but also append new information in the same...

Boundary Flood Recovery Lightship Review

Lightship was an excellent tool for sharing information with a large team. The software was satisfying to use and in my opinion has a massive amount of potential to grow.

Pros

Lightship played a very important role in our flood recovery efforts due to its reporting system. Being able to create and manage large databases and create templates to report and visualize that data was extremely useful for us. Some funding opportunities were made far easier to justify due to our ability to collect data through Lightship Reporting

Cons

Most issues with Lightship encountered by our organization were more related to features that don't exist yet that would useful for the future, especially considering we used Lightship in an Emergency Operations role. Things such as an operations dashboard, more control over uploading rasters, and many little things. It is my hope that these features will be further developed as the software evolves

Very useful in a wide range of different applications.

Complete and precise organization in the referrals department. Correspondence tracking is easy and if another person needs to jump into my role in my leave it will be a very easy transition because all the information is right there.

Pros

Being able to store all the information needed to do my job in one easy to use site. We use this software for referrals and I could not imagine using anything different.

Cons

Reporting is somewhat limited when needing to gather information and display with shapefiles. I would like to be able to report on what shapes are in an area of interest that I have drawn, I hope this is something that will be possible in the future.