Home Inspector Pro

Web, Mac, Windows and mobile home inspection report software

visit website

Home Inspector Pro Reviews

Pros

The team at HIP has always been very responsive and helpful, the best support in the industry.

Mike L.

HIP is extremely easy to use and if you do have an issue, their team is available and willing to help. Response time is outstanding and they don't throw a bunch of technical terms or steps at you.

Dustin S.

Experience is amazing with Home Inspector Pro. With unmatched customer service, I always feel like I'm taken care of.

Tyler P.

Cons

The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software package (lack of buttons or list).

Noel E.

Difficult to add documents to supplement a Report.

John H.

The first time set up can be a little confusing.

Tanya C.

4.8

Best Inspection Software on the Market

My experience has been great, I feel like the staff and I are family, they have always been there when I needed anything. No other company that I know of operates like that.

Pros

I have been using HIP since 2009, It is very customizable to my needs for all different application. They intrgrate with other service providers I have like ISN and RWS. The company is always looking for way to improve it based on customer request and providing updates. The customer support is second to none. They are always there when you need them and always have resolved any issues I had.

Cons

If I have to put something here, the only thing I can think of is sometimes it highlights a word to inform me spelling is wrong, But when I check, the spelling is correct.

Thanks Douglas, we consider you family too! It's been great to watch our users companies grow over the years and to be a part of that. Thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best of success in 2019!

A plucky inspection helper

As a one man inspection show, home inspector pro helped me streamline my report writing process. The customization was decent and the price was reasonable.

Pros

The customization for the software was relatively easy for a single user to implement. Customer service was also very responsive and helpful when it was needed.

Cons

As someone who was used to a different report writing software, the learning curve was a little steep.

Home Inspector Pro is a budget software you get what you pay for......

HIP is a "mid-level" reporting software that is a flexible no frills platform once you figure out "The lay of the land". What users of other premium software will miss is the ability to invoice the client from the software (uniformity), the ability to track reports by client, realtor, address or month, day and year and dollars. The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software...

Cons

Hi Noel, I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed but we are far from a mid level reporting software. In fact more people using Home Inspector Pro than any other software program. Our tech support hours are doubled everyone else in the industry, 7 days a week. You're right, we chose to create the best home inspection software on the market, not a combination of mediocre office management and inspection...

CONSISTENCY AND SUPPORT BEYOND COMPARE!

The HIP team is always responsive to questions, problems, and whatever else you may need, and timely in their responses. After using multiple other inspection software products, we've settled here, and the amazing customer service is the main reason why! Their team is unbeatable!

Pros

The software is very easy to use, and with the cloud, offers ultimate flexibility in preparing reports. The HIP mobile app learns your tendencies, and integrates them into the app when you're doing an inspection to speed up the process.

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are always developing new ideas, and in the field at trade shows, asking us what works and what doesn't.

Thank you Andy, I'm glad you're finding HIP helping your business succeed!!

Great product, customizable options, very easy to learn and use!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his entire team are top notch! We are the largest Home Inspection company in the Nation and the HIP team is a valuable and Strategic Partner in our eyes!

Pros

We love the customizable features, the easy navigation and the mobile app has been a game changer for our inspectors! Customer service and tech support is always great! Thank you HIP for all your hard work and patience when dealing with us crazy home inspectors!

Cons

Honestly when you look at all software and apps for our industry, HIP has done an amazing job of listening to its users and responding with quality and very useful changes and upgrades! Would love a printable feature to use for onboarding and training new inspectors!

Thanks Mike. It's been a privilege to help serve the largest inspection company in the nation! It's always great to see a single company process thousands of inspections a month through our system and use it to grow even more! Thanks for all the great feature suggestions and ideas!

Easy to learn and use, phenomenal support!

Excellent experience all the way around. Excited for future releases to see what possibilities are unleashed.

Pros

Easily integrates with other systems, versatility, reports end up easy to read.

Cons

I would like for clients and or agents to have the ability to select the items/deficiencies of their choice to send to the repair request list.

Thanks for the review Shawn!! Clients/Agents can select which items they send to the repair list. Give us or ISN a call and we can go over this with you to help you out!

I get a full night's sleep every night

Top notch.

Pros

Before HIP, I would routinely be up until 1-2:00 am on busy days. I would fall asleep in my office chair and have to wake up at 5 or 6 am to finish the report I fell asleep doing the night before. The template we created, with great service from the help desk at times, was a real gamechanger. Now we have reduced the at home report writing time to approx 15-20 minutes. I have been able to actually finish the report from my first morning inspection, and have it sent to the client before I even leave for the next inspection at noon. This is a true quality of life improvement. Highly, and I mean HIGHLY recommended.

Cons

Not integrated with NXT inspect scheduling software. That's it.

Best customer service, hands down.

My Inspections are more thorough, completed in a timely manner, and my reports are always sent out within a few hours of completing the physical inspection.

Pros

Cons

I have absolutely nothing to say about HIP.

The best home inspection software available

Pros

I love the customization. Clients love our reports.

Cons

On my wish list is a template wide caption search.

Thanks Mike! We're grateful to have you as a customer. Your feedback has been great and we have your template wide caption search on our stood list :)

Good stuff here

Great company and software.

Pros

Cost and tech support is great. I enjoys using this software.

Cons

Very little I'm sure there some small things.

Simply the best!!!!!

Fantastic

Pros

All aspects of Home Inspector Pro are top notch! Makes inspections quicker, reports are easy to read and understand (rarely do I get a call back with questions about the report). Easy to create your own comments and templates, review reports, make changes, edit photos, all aspects of report writing. Now the BEST part, CUSTOMER SERVICE. Call center extremely responsive! Call back in 15 minutes, if they are on a phone. I have always had a immediate solution to my problem. Plus their Facebook page is monitored by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and many extremely knowledgable HIP Inspectors that can help 24/7. Look no further for a great Home Inspection Software!!!! We are a very busy multi inspector company in NH, we all love Home Inspector Pro.

Cons

I can not think of a any issues to point out about the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Listens to his clients and make changes as recommended by the inspectors. Always improving a great product.

Thanks James! We're glad to have Alpha Building Inspection in our HIP Community!

Great product with even better customer support

Pros

I downloaded several trial programs when I first started in the inspection business. I felt more comfortable with HIP than the others. I originally just used it on my laptop but transitioned into the mobile version for my Ipad. I don't know how anyone could do an inspection any other way. If I ever have an issue or problem, I can contact customer support and the problem is taken care of almost immediately. I have been using this program for several years now with really no complaints. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, whether a new inspector or a veteran. Very user friendly Multiple downloadable templates Customer support is second to none Compliant with TREC guildelines Frequent updates

Cons

I really don't have any complaints with the software.

Thanks Josh. We're glad to be a part of your companies success!

Home Inspector Pro is the Best Software Out There

Pros

Using the software is straight-forward and simple. Actions are easily completed with taps on mobile or clicks on desktop. Taking pictures and captioning them is a breeze. The report that is generated both in PDF and HTML formats is beautiful and easy-to-read. Clients love the summary and prioritization of issues by color coding. On top of having an excellent product, the team at Home Inspector Pro and the owner are accessible and respond quickly to support issues. It's a no brainer to use Home Inspector Pro.

Cons

It takes awhile to build up narratives, captions, and customization. You can start with a template and then edit it and update it to your liking as you go. I've done this and have continued to update my narrative library over the past 7 years.

Thanks Sheehan. We're glad HIP is working so well for your company!

If you want to be the best you need to use the best!

Pros

When I started my inspection business I used a competitor. I quickly found out that I was sending my clients sub par reports. I soon realized that if I want to be the best, I needed to use the best software. HIP works seemlessly with ISN and I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out or is a seasoned pro. I am sure that HIP has helped Safe Check Home Inspections become one of the most Google reviewed inspection companies in Columbus, Ohio because we deliver an awesome, detailed report. Thank you HIP!!

Cons

I wish HIP would realize that MAC is superior to PC and release new versions on MAC first, ir at least the same time.

Thanks Matt for the great review!! We've appreciated all your feedback and software input over the years!!

Best Inspection Software Available

This was one of the best business decisions I've made for me and my company.

Pros

First of all this software is easy to use and navigate. Second, customers and realtors constantly state how easy the reports are to read. What will keep you with this software is the customer service. If needed, customer service is friendly, knowledgeable and fast. They guys go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of and know how your issue wax resolved. Love this software and company!

Cons

I have not found any issues with this software yet

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help you and your company!

Absolutely love Home Inspector Pro! Awesome support, completely Mac compatible, great time saver!

Ease of use, faster inspection report writing, professional report appearance with the ability to customize it to my personal preference, batch adding pictures which is AWESOME, the ability to use videos in my reports, glossary to help clients understand the technical side of things, and that is just a little of what Home Inspector Pro software is capable of. Definitely recommend it and if you have a Mac... don't shy away, it works great on them!

Pros

I use only Mac, and I have it on everything from my desktop down to my phones. It works awesome and is 100% compatible. There is no freezing, no lagging, and the customer support is beyond amazing which is a huge difference to the other software programs I have used. You can tell they truly care about their clients and their experience and respond quickly to any questions or issues. They offer...

Cons

It does take awhile to set up to personal preference, but any software in our profession does so it isn't really a con to a specific program.

Thanks Jennifer, it's been a pleasure to work with you guys!

Been using th software daily for over 5 years

Using Home Inspector Pro software has allowed me to streamline my inspection process and HONNE the capacity to be accurate and efficient on every home. Updating the software template is very easy and I change it at least once a month as we are constantly learning every day new methods, techniques and about different components. I have recommended the software to several inspectors in my area who also use it. Thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team for always having excellent customer service!!

Pros

Updating the templates to reflect current changes in the industry and a more streamlined profile is quite simplistic to achieve.

Cons

The initial set up took a little time as with any software that would be utilized for this industry.

Thanks Mike! We're honored to be apart of your company and growth!

Best Home Inspection Software

When you use ISN it simplifies the process even more. You complete the report send it to ISN and you are done. ISN will send the report however you have configured it. We have gotten the time down to about 20 minutes to complete the report on our pc and send it out.

Pros

HIP is the best software for customization, ease of use, photo editing, and just over all the best software on the market. The app is simple and when you get done you send it to the cloud and then finish on your pc.

Cons

I really can't say there are any cons at this time.

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help streamline your business and keep your nights and weekends free!

The review dated Jan. 16 2018 obviously is not a user of the software, most likely a competitor.

Pros

I have used the software for 10 yrs and my reports have always been narrative. The report can be checklist, narrative or a hybrid of both if you want. The user decides. User input is used to design the software, most updates are programmed because inspectors have asked for features and HIP uses that input to make improvements. The forum even has a wishlist to document the feature you want to see implemented. Everything in the software can be customized.

Cons

Thanks Mike. We greatly appreciate your feedback and usage for the last 10 years!

Sets the bar for Inspection software

Pros

Software was easy to use, had alot of customizable features. Reports looked good. Good integration with 3rd party services. Perhaps the best thing going for this software is the customer service/support.

Cons

Back when I used this software the mobile software was pretty clunky, which eventually led to me changing softwares. It appears it has now been improved.

Hi Daniel! Yes, a lot has changed over the last few years with our mobile software and with our new HIP Office Scheduling System release there will be even more coming to it. We have continued to innovate for 15 years in this industry and have a lot more coming! Feel free to message me at Help@HomeInspectorPro.com if you'd like to check out some of our great new features.

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program.

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program. They offer plentiful features and then some. It's easy to get started. From it's video tutorials, to it's message board, to it's tech support staff to it's easy of use to it's many features it's not only easy to get started and come up with a great site but it has all the stuff to get a website online that will improve your business! I'm looking forward to that!

Pros

I'm been searching for an inexpensive way to design and maintain a website myself. But I also wanted an amazing site with loads of features. I also needed alot of tech support because this is a new area for me. Well I got all of that with Home Inspector Pro. Great themes, lots of choices, not just the same theme with different colors and uses. Real tech support too. Real answers and SEO suggestions. Couldn't have done it on my own. At least not in the time frame I have. The price is so reasonable. Can't pass up this great deal. There are so many features too. There are so many very different looks you can design your website to look like. It's a winner! There's also a message board with lots of tips and video tutorial of how to get started. It's great!

Cons

I would start with a website with a simple design and then add the cool features. You would get the content out first and get the bulk of your website up and running. Then work on the extra features. The fonts are the only draw back so far. But that's probably me. I keep changing the font size and boldness. But that is such a minor thing.

Great software with great support team!

I have used Home Inspector Pro software for many years now. I utilize a variety of custom templates I have created for my various inspection services from Commercial Property inspections to stand alone thermal imaging services. The reports turn out professional and the software significantly reduces time spent writing those reports. HIP is an integral part of my inspection business arsenal!

Pros

The templates and overall report are very customizable to suit a variety of inspection needs.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Home Inspector Pro. New features continue to be released to improve on already great inspection software. Any problems or bugs encountered are just a helpdesk away from being resolved quickly! It only takes a little understanding of the backend of the software to fully embrace its many features!

Thanks Bill! It's been awesome to watch you grow over the years and all the different aspects of inspections that you've done and templates you've made with HIP!

Love it

Their software makes some beautiful reports. Very happy with the software and my clients love the reports.

Pros

Their customer support is over the top. I had my report freeze on my tablet and they were able to help me with very quickly. Every dealing I have had with them had been awesome! I recommend them to all my inspector friends.

Cons

Have nothing to say against the software. Highly recommend it.

Thank you Mark. We're glad HIP is everything you want it to be. We're working hard to make sure it's constantly improving for you and your business!

Friends with the boss.

Although there have been some ups and downs, you would expect that with any software out there but the overall experience is an outstanding one and even though I’m friends with the boss at home inspector pro, I would use this product and will continue to use it until I retire which isn’t any time soon!

Pros

It’s very customizable and super easy to work with, not cumbersome like some of the other options out there. You know who you are!

Cons

Sometimes difficult to use with Apple products.

HIP

This is a good company -

Pros

I perform a Maintenance /Safety Audits for several non profit group homes (about 90 per year) and I found the Home Inspector Pro software can be easily adapted to my customers needs. I don't do attic or roof inspections however I look for trip hazards, safety issues and maintenance items and I can customize the software to make my job more complete. I have been using HIP cloud service for about 4 years without any problems. HIP customer service is the best - when on a job 200 miles from my office - I know I can reach a service rep and figure out what I need to fix the issue. I have had the support staff who call me back several times to solve my issues over the years.

Cons

Not much - the online training video's help