Home Inspector Pro Logo

Home Inspector Pro Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.45/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

HIP is extremely easy to use and if you do have an issue, their team is available and willing to help. Response time is outstanding and they don't throw a bunch of technical terms or steps at you.
The team at HIP has always been very responsive and helpful, the best support in the industry.
Experience is amazing with Home Inspector Pro. With unmatched customer service, I always feel like I'm taken care of.
The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software package (lack of buttons or list).
Difficult to add documents to supplement a Report.
The first time set up can be a little confusing.

Home Inspector Pro users...

HomeGauge-logocaret

HomeGauge

InspectIT-logocaret

InspectIT

Microsoft Word-logocaret

Microsoft Word

How would you rate Home Inspector Pro?

HIP user

Transcript

Dan N.: Hi, my name is Dan. I'm a certified home inspector. I'm giving Home Inspector Pro a four out...

Been using HIP for over 10 years and thousands of reports. It is the best a Home Inspector can use .

Gives me a amazing reputation among Clients as final product is how you are remembered .

Pros

Best mobile and photo reporting possible with great final product appearance .Support is amazing and well known to be the best .The other guy saying it was bad must be off his rocker.

Cons

Can take a while to set up but once done it is easy.Wish some of the features were a little more photo focused .

Thanks Bob! Your input over the years has helped to make Home Inspector Pro (HIP) a great product!

Best customer service, hands down.

My Inspections are more thorough, completed in a timely manner, and my reports are always sent out within a few hours of completing the physical inspection.

Pros

Cons

I have absolutely nothing to say about HIP.

The best home inspection software available

Pros

I love the customization. Clients love our reports.

Cons

On my wish list is a template wide caption search.

Thanks Mike! We're grateful to have you as a customer. Your feedback has been great and we have your template wide caption search on our stood list :)

Friends with the boss.

Although there have been some ups and downs, you would expect that with any software out there but the overall experience is an outstanding one and even though I’m friends with the boss at home inspector pro, I would use this product and will continue to use it until I retire which isn’t any time soon!

Pros

It’s very customizable and super easy to work with, not cumbersome like some of the other options out there. You know who you are!

Cons

Sometimes difficult to use with Apple products.

HIP

This is a good company -

Pros

I perform a Maintenance /Safety Audits for several non profit group homes (about 90 per year) and I found the Home Inspector Pro software can be easily adapted to my customers needs. I don't do attic or roof inspections however I look for trip hazards, safety issues and maintenance items and I can customize the software to make my job more complete. I have been using HIP cloud service for about 4 years without any problems. HIP customer service is the best - when on a job 200 miles from my office - I know I can reach a service rep and figure out what I need to fix the issue. I have had the support staff who call me back several times to solve my issues over the years.

Cons

Not much - the online training video's help

Great program.

It’s been great. Cut my time of each inspection by an average of 1.5 hours. Well worth the money and I would and do highly recommend this product.

Pros

Easy to use, great features, and fantastic tech support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team are very friendly and easy to talk too.

Cons

I like everything about this software program.

Thanks Paul. We're happy to have helped you get your nights and weekends back. Saving 1.5 to 3 hours a night is HUGE!

The best home inspection reporting software that I have used.

Time savings, great looking report, complete flexibility to perform an inspection of a 900 square ft. residence or a 90,000 square ft. commercial space.

Pros

The ability to customize templates, and the flexibility to change templates on the fly. You can go from performing a thermal imaging report with video at an industrial facility to completing a roof inspection at a residential structure without missing a beat.

Thanks Alton!

Home Inspector Pro is AWESOME!

Professional inspectuon reports printed on-site.

Pros

Not only does this software have the most feature available at the best possible price. The customer service is out of this world. Customer rep and his team are always accessible. I have been using HIP for close to 9 years now and it is fantastic!

Cons

Thanks Greg! It's been great working with you and the other CREIA board members over the years! I look forward to watching your continued growth.

HIP user

Only reporting software I have used so no real frame of reference.

Pros

Quick to use in the field and easy to edit once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Getting it set up on the desktop was not intuitive (for me) and needed a fair bit of help from support to get things up and running initially. Photo images could translate better in reports - would be great if people could zoom in to images in the digital report!

Hi Dan! Please update to HIP 6. In HIP 6 clients can click on photos and videos in reports to expand them in the PDF and HTML version of the report!

Good stuff here

Great company and software.

Pros

Cost and tech support is great. I enjoys using this software.

Cons

Very little I'm sure there some small things.

A plucky inspection helper

As a one man inspection show, home inspector pro helped me streamline my report writing process. The customization was decent and the price was reasonable.

Pros

The customization for the software was relatively easy for a single user to implement. Customer service was also very responsive and helpful when it was needed.

Cons

As someone who was used to a different report writing software, the learning curve was a little steep.

Streamline your business

We have really enjoyed the software and we have gotten great feedback from clients about it.

Pros

The ease of integration with Inspection Support Network and not having to upload separate files for clients.

Cons

It is hard to be able to update from a phone when you need to quickly update a report for a client or agent

Thanks Simmone. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the software! We have a lot of great things coming out soon as well. Stay tuned!

Best customer support in the world

Pros

Ease of use and quality of reports. They set the bar on customer service!

Cons

None that I can think of. They are constantly working on improving the system and are very open to user input

Thanks Troy. We've appreciated your input over the years and are glad Home Inspector Pro (HIP) has been a valuable asset to your business!

The best

Excellent. Produces great reports. Easy learning curve and fantastic customer service. Best in the industry.

Pros

The mobile version is great. Customer service is second to none. Extremely happy with HIP.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Honestly, they produced a fantastic software.

Awesome Product

Ease of use in the field, it really can not be beat!

Pros

You will not find a better mobile report software and the customer service is the best in the industry.

Cons

There is non I can think of. And I’m trying to think of some.

Thanks Chris! We're glad to be here to support you and your company!

Essential Inspection tool

Great Reports that clients love !!

Pros

Your Report is what your clients know you by. HIP software leaves your client with a top of the line report second to none !

Cons

The product is complete ... I have nothing negative to say ...

Love this software

Been using it for 5 years and would not consider changing.

Pros

Customizable. I can make my reports just the way I want.

Cons

Some work involved in building your template but that goes along with customization.

Thanks Joe! It's great to have so many successful inspector companies using HIP!

Exemplary Customer Service

The customer service is outstanding. I have posted questions on the HIP Facebook page, and quite often within minutes, I'll have an answer, sometimes from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself!

Pros

Easy to set up and use, both mobile and on the laptop.

Cons

Some small details aren't quite intuitive.

Very Easy & Can be as detailed as needed!

Pros

The system is very easy to use. It helps my inspectors do their job correctly, easily and efficiently.

Cons

The only con is the such drastic difference with the computer version and the phone version.

Fantastic customer service excellent product

Pros

The customizability and flexibility of the software is great. New features and updates are constantly being released. The company is very receptive of feedback and always help the second you have a question, day or night.

ABSOLUTELY the Best

Made me a better inspector

Pros

The amazing customer service, the highest quality software , the best software for the best inspectors, HIP will make you a better inspector and help grow your business

Cons

I would recommend Home Inspector Pro to any inspector if they really want to succeed. I think of this software and the owner Dominic as my secret weapon for the success my business has had. If your still on the fence, take a look for yourself! I have many sample reports on my website at www.oklahomahomeinspector.biz. You can see for yourself how professional your reports can be. Great thing is, if you don't like something, its a snap to change.

Pros

This software is by far the best home inspection software I have found. The price was perfect. It wasn't outrageously priced like many of the other. Best of all is the customer support. I have never done business with any company that has this level of customer support. To top things off, if you ever have any home inspection questions there are tons of inspectors on the message board ready and willing to help you out. Its like one big family at Home Inspector Pro. I just cant say enough good things about this software, the company, and the owner!

Cons

Took about a week to really get the hang of the software. Developed my own template from scratch before I realized many inspectors on the Home Inspector Pro message board will share what they already have.

Best Support Available

Being able to seamlessly transfer between my iPad and my Mac was a must. Very few software companies support both mobile and Apple. HIP does a great job of this.

Pros

The customer support that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team provide is unmatched in the industry. There is a bit of a learning curve as this software has so many features it is practically impossible to utilize them all. The folks at HIP take their time to walk you through anything and everything you ask.

Cons

With so many features (to fulfill every appetite) it can be a little daunting to make sure you are taking advantage of all it offers.

Thanks Shannon. It's been great having you as a user for the last few years. We appreciate all your input!

Best inspection software out there

Pros

Home Inspector Pro is easy to use, completely customizable and my clients love the reports.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software

Complicated Software

It's been good and bad at the same time. Customer support always is there, but there are situations they have never encountered before, etc.

Pros

I love the customer support which is top notch.

Cons

The cover page design portion is terrible, software keeps crashing/freezing up on the computer which makes me have to start from where I last saved, design is very ancient on the software portion. I am a mac user, and HIP is one of the few that support mac.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Crashing is definitely not something that's normal. On a Mac this cound be because your computer moved the app to the iCloud. If you're not using HIP 6.3 which is the latest please make sure to update. Give our support line a call and we can help track why you are having issues.