Bidsketch Reviews

4.15/5 (20 reviews)

Louis Camassa

Proposals made easy

Reviewed 2019-04-01

Been using BidSketch during my tenure at three different companies and recently launched my own company, which is using BidSketch. It's a reliable platform that's easy to use for those making proposals and those approving them (clients).

Pros
It's easy to organize your services into modules and sections which reduces time to create a proposal. Further, having services consistent between clients and proposals helps improve quality of services delivered. Finally, I love how easy it is to send and get approval on a proposal from a client.

Cons
Pre-written proposal sections were added and can't be removed. It is nice to have a default library of content, but we already have a plethora of content and would like to remove the default content. Currently, we can't.

Eric Kline

BidSketch Review

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
1. E-Sign 2. Ability to see when client views the proposal 3. Ability to integrate with freshbooks 4. Save time by having a template 5. Ability to share link or email the proposal 6. Multiple Themes with ability to add logo 7. Ability to attach your domain to the proposal url

Cons
There has been no issues that prevent me from doing my job. The only thing I'd recommend is a way to suspend a proposal and retrieve it later instead of having to delete it all together for it to be private.

L. Perry

An Easy to Use Reasonable Price Proposal Solution!

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-09-18

Pros
Bidsketch is awesome, it allows me and my team to prepare, organize and send out proposals fast to clients. As a marketing company, my business relies heavily on proposals. Prior to Bidsketch It would take me 2 hours to organized, gather information, and send it out to clients. Now that process takes less than 30 minutes. The templates are detailed and easy to customize to your liking or your brand. You can add additional information to different sections of the template - allowing for quick and efficient use. Overall, my experience has been great, the software saves us a lot of time and allows us to streamline some of our processes. Highly recommended, give it a try a try

Cons
I wish for a little bit more native integrations with other applications. Zapier integration is a huge win but more seamless native integrations would have made this software 2X better. Also, I wish the UI was a bit more updated.

Dawn Gribble

Smart & Efficient

Reviewed 2017-10-13

Pros
Bidsketch has been invaluable, saving me a considerable amount of time whilst still allowing me to maintain a professional appearance. The templates are detailed, well considered and easy to customise – allowing for quick and efficient use regardless of the size client I need it for, and they can be designed to fully capitalise on any key areas I need to address. I cannot recommend Bidsketch highly enough – if you require a smart, efficient and user friendly piece of software to help you manage your proposals and contracts; this is the one for you.

Cons
I'd like to be able to further customise the templates with additional imagery as some clients prefer more visuals than others, but this is a minor want and in no way diminishes the current capability.

Daniel Holliday

Easy to use contract renewal and offer system

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-04-20

Pros
Bidsketch helps us write up proposals/contracts. The system has a great degree of customization and lets you create modules so proposals can be quickly updated for each individual client's needs.

Cons
Don't bother copy and pasting formatted text from other sources. Editing copy is wonky. Its best to finalize your content in Bidsketch itself.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Liz Ward

An easy to use and cost effective proposal software program

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-26

Pros
Great looking templates that are simple to edit, reasonable price for the value it brings, clean user interface, saves lots of time

Cons
Nothing significant except the price could be lower, and there could be more native integrations. It would be nice if perhaps the proposals were more customizable with a greater range of color, fonts, etc.

Jessi Healey

Best way to prepare a proposal!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
Not only are there many templates to choose from, you can edit to customize them and save them or you can create your own templates. Once that is done, proposals get done in a flash.

Cons
I'd like to see contracts added and sent out following a signed proposal. For some projects the signed proposal is enough but for writing projects, I'd like to have everything clearly outlined in a dedicated contract too and it's be great to have that all in the same software.

Jamie Harmiden

Waste Of Time & Will Not Save You Time

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2017-10-13

Pros
There is a 14 day free trial. Thank You for that as I only needed 3 hours to tell me never to use this platform.

Cons
Very bad platform in terms of your clients receiving the proposals. I sent out 2 proposals and neither client received them. I tested the proposals and sent them to two of my own email addresses and did not receive them either. I copied and pasted the proposal link to see how it looked and the system tells me proposal was viewed by client. Even though they both say sent they are not in anyone's email box. Very, very basic proposal templates. Bottom line is if you know your product or service you sure do not need this companies generic ones. You can put together a proposal that is much more detailed. You will find yourself spending time edited all of their text anyways. Just wasted 3.5 hours of my time. Trust me stay away.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Heather Wood

BidSketch Review by a Freelance Web Designer

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
I've been designing and developing websites for over 8 years. I've used lots of software in that time, including proposal software. Bidsketch had a nicely organized website where I could easily find what I needed and apply customizations to templates. It came with lots of content for my proposals. So I could literally get up and running with a proposal in no time. They host the program, so I don't have to install anything. Everything is pretty simple, so I don't need any directions on how to use anything. I love the variables table. I love that I get notifications when my clients look at the quote. And I also love the "add-on" feature, allowing clients to add more services to their proposal dynamically :)

Cons
I wish it was easier to find the public URL so I could preview it anytime before choosing to send to the client. I wish there was a button for variables inside the wysiwyg editor.

sofie di bartolomeo

Make Great proposals!

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
The design is very clean and the user interface is very intuitive, it is really built to make your business life easier and faster if you don't​ have much time to create rich proposals.

Cons
It is a bit expensive especially​ if you are not a very big business, but it is worth to try at least the free trial.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Alla Kharrousheh

Professional, Effective, and Reliable.

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Pros
I found Bidsketch most useful when it comes to the content. The team at Bidsketch did an incredible job putting the pieces together and cover important details that otherwise can take much time to construct. It is a reliable tool with friendly UI and UX.

Cons
To be honest, every time I face a challenge with Bidsketch and realize that it is limited, I just ask the support team and I get my answer. There are no obvious down side to Bidsketch as far as my requirements goes.

Nathan West

Bidsketch for the best proposal writing software out there.

Reviewed 2017-02-14

Bidsketch is great for writing proposals and looking professional to your clients. Their proposal templates and third-party integrations save you lots of time. I integrate my proposals with Freshbooks to allow any accepted proposals to help create invoices for my new clients. It also is great for having your clients easily sign your proposals online.

Adam Schmeeckle

Saves so much time

Reviewed 2016-04-20

In business today, time is money. Wasted time is lost profits. Save time and money by using Bidsketch to create client proposals. Here at ARS Digital Marketing, we use Bidsketch to quickly and easily design custom proposals for our clients. Gone are the days of keeping track of numerous word and pdf documents.

Pros
Saves alot of time. One-stop place to organize client proposals.

Cons
Nothing really so far. If I had one comment it would be to increase the 25-client limit on the starter plan.

Krista Carnes

Streamlines the busy work

Reviewed 2016-11-09

I've used Bidsketch for a number of proposals and find it helpful since so much of the copy is similar from proposal to proposal. For what use to take me hours, now can take half the time or less.

Jane Gilpatric

Nice but pricey and not as feature-rich

Reviewed 2017-09-19

I only tried this for about a month but it was nice to be able to fill in a form easily instead of manually updating a proposal on my computer and then uploading it to a third-party digital signature service.

Pros
Online signatures // Looks professional and clean // easy for clients to view and sign proposals // Freshbooks integration // Basecamp integration // Ability to change logo and colors to match your branding // Able to see if/when clients viewed proposals

Cons
Cannot change proposal layout (only logo and colors) // Way too pricey for a small business

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Ginger Jones

I want to love the software, but it has a ton of bugs

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Pros
I like that I can see when a person has opened up the document and how long they took to review the bid. That is good. I like the various sections and the templates.

Cons
Has a ton of bugs. When editing a certain section and you save, it takes you to the beginning of the document, which wastes a lot of time. A lot of times we will save something and the changes won't save. There need to be a lot more customizations.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Joshua MacFall

It make me look professional & gets the job done!

Reviewed 2017-10-13

Pros
Professional way to sign on a client Can use past proposals as a template to start from Can customize fonts, colors and background areas

Cons
Not easy to completely customize from scratch to match my brand. Interface is not always intuitive. Would like to see drag and drop ability for service descriptions and terms and conditions sections.

Anonymous

Great tool for sending proposals quickly and professionally

Reviewed 2018-12-10

great experience

Pros
It looks very neat and professional and very easy to get started, not overwhelming but easy to use.

Cons
have to enter card to get free trial is not ideal even if they do offer money back guarantee if you forgot to cancel.

Angus Hay