Trellix Endpoint Security Logo

Computer security and endpoint protection platform

Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews - Page 6

1,804 reviews

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Not great but a functional security solution

Of the various business focused solutions I've used this is probably my preference. It's not a favourite in the wider system protection category by any means but I've also not had enough experiences with the more highly esteemed offerings to really have those comparisons to make. However I can say, as a user, it feels reliable but a little inelegant and in the workplace this is reassuring enough to be worth it.

Pros

McAfee does what it intends to do: it protects your system. It is also very clear when it finds threats and by all accounts deals with these well as well as making administration of the whole system relatively painfree (I'm a user rather than a system admin). I like that the presentation of threat detection is not the on-screen equivalent of a Klaxon going off that happens with other offerings.

Cons

It is incredibly obtrusive and McAfee seems to have gone the way of Norton in terms of overprotective false positives. These are not quite at the same level and I prefer it to Norton as a user. Similarly when we shifted to McAfee I felt that background resource use was not as significant although my tasks had also shifted at the time, making comparison difficult.

Natasha A.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best protection against possible cyberthreats

We protect our equipment with the best, since we manage a large database of our course participants, in addition to academic material and certification material, digital signatures. We receive a lot of information by email, this antivirus has allowed us to block any interference that affects our system and our information, it is also easy to manage, has no major complication and does not occupy large space on the hard drive of the computer.

Pros

Suite of cybernetic security, that acts on any possible threat against your computer, from malware, viruses to other unwanted intruders you can eliminate with this powerful software. It keeps the list of viruses up to date allowing you to deal with new threats every day. It is easy to administer, works in the background which will not affect the use of the computer with any other software, you can schedule scans to the computer and external devices.

Cons

None, it's been used in the office for some time and we haven't had any complaints or inconveniences recorded.

JAMES K.

Broadcast Media, 201-500 employees

An essential security tool for your documents

We solely depend on this anti-virus in protecting all of our machines in our company. All our files are always secure and safe from hackers and viruses.

Pros

I like how it is easy to install and use McAfee Endpoint security in any computer. It has protected my files from being accessed by intruders who may be having an ill motive to interfere with the information. My work involves a lot of research in opening malicious files and spam emails when am looking for various information. This tool protects my computer from viruses that may damage the stored files. The firewall protection protects the collected data from being accessed by the online hackers. It has real time scanning functionality that keeps on running underground protecting the gadget from malicious viruses when am browsing.

Cons

Whenever am doing full scan of my computer it keeps on running slow until the full scan is complete. I don't understand the reason why.

Franklin C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

An antivirus that fulfills its function, is a guarantee of protection.

Pros

Guarantees greater protection from possible computer threats than other antivirus. Its security levels (perimeter, end point and data security) that include new and advanced scanning functions, identify and eliminate vulnerabilities, increasing user productivity. This software guarantees the availability of information, avoiding its loss, thus contributing to the efficient use of resources for the benefit of the company's objectives and not to maintenance. Another positive point is that the manufacturer offers direct technical advice and is certified by the supplier.

Cons

Firewall personnel are incompatible with proxy servers and the Local Area Network. In some cases, it does not recognize the applications it should and should not block.

Ankush P.

Computer Networking, 10,001+ employees

Performance significantly improved than previous version. Not slow anymore

McAfee is installed on each one of Company owned Mac's and Windows laptops to ensure that they are compliant with the policies for threat prevention and ensure that Firewall is always turned on. It definitely helps with Malware detection and prevention and the agent runs quietly in background with affecting performance of machine. Very satisfied with version 5 onwards.

Pros

- Auto Detection of new pluggable hardware like USB drives and memory cards and scans automatically - McAfee agent monitor runs in the background and collects and send props automatically. - Newer policies can be easily pushed by IT staff and enforced as well - The console for Mac is now super fast and very helpful for threat prevention.

Cons

- Agent monitor/Console GUI can be updated. looks like little old school - Eventlogs can be made more user readable

Kaitlin W.

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Terrible Security

Terrible experience. Will not every buy again.

Pros

I honestly hate everything about this software. My work computer constantly got viruses and was slowed down constantly which was irritating when trying to complete work tasks. I used to joke with my co-worker that McAfee gave my computer the viruses instead of protecting it from viruses.

Cons

It doesn't protect the user's computer from viruses at all. I believe it actually gives your computer viruses. I would recommend someone buy an apple computer where security is constantly monitored so that you don't have to worry about your computer getting viruses. I will never use this software again, especially for work purposes. So many of my work documents were lost due to having to re-boot my computer due to McAfee.

KM

KALA MALLIK M.

Farming, 201-500 employees

Good software

overall, I would say it's good for the price range.

Pros

it will easily block the viruses while browsing and also helps to protect the system from attacking. if any page is having a virus it will notify to go safe secured.

Cons

sometimes it will notify you when it got expired product often unless you uninstall it. Also, it hangs sometimes or takes a longer time to load the page.

BK

Brian K.

Museums and Institutions, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use for Mac OS

Pros

The program is easily accessed on start up or from the menu bar at the top of the Mac OS. The drop down gives access to several features, including running an update immediately or scanning your whole drive or various parts of the drive. Actively stops malicious software, gives a convenient notification and puts in quarantine. Mostly runs on its own, just make sure your updates are current as new files are added often

Cons

System scan can take a long time if you run the entire computer, including back up drive. If you don't set to constantly check for updates, a brand new threat could get by the system. I don't believe that has ever happened to me, but I have it open on log in and update it before using programs that link with the web.

SH

SJ H.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Great AntiVirus

Pros

Reassures the security for my laptop as it has encrypted my files and hard disk and asks for a password in order to access the information.

Cons

It is really resource intensive meaning that it makes my laptop a little slow.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Gives us teh protection needed most!

Haven't had any issues since using so would recommend!

Pros

Haven't had any issues with endpoint security since implementing. Have used a number of features in teh software also.

Cons

Doesn't integrate as nicely as I'd like and the administration is a bit more difficult than other options but good value.

EP

Edward P.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

McAfee Endpoint Security Review

Overall I think Mcafee Endpoint Security is a complete product that has a couple of things to improve to be great.

Pros

Mcafee has a great anti-virus and anti-malware protection. Before Mcafee with we had a lot of computers with infection problems, now those days are gone. The device control feature is very easy to use and works really great. I like that you can configure policies and tasks to be use in Windows, Linux or iOS environment.

Cons

Some of things that I don't like is that the encryption software takes too long to encrypt or decrypt a computer. Also the centralize management tool (ePO) can be hard to navigate for new users. Sometimes It takes a lot of clicks to accomplish a tasks. It's not that easy to create an exception on the Firewall feature.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Perfect Solution for endpoint protection

I have used it and found fantastic application always.

Pros

Real time scanning, malwware, Ransome ware protections are perfect. Reprting and real-time alerts are superb.

Cons

Nothing as such, Product is dedicated to endpoint security.

Kaleb-John L.

Computer Networking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Better Than Norton

McAfee protects the workstations at our company from being vulnerable to viruses and attackers. It is a solid line of defense that is reliable once it is setup. The easy updates allow for it to continually stay vigilant against the newest threats which takes some burden off of IT.

Pros

McAfee generally is low maintenance for a virus protection software. It provide summaries for anything that it might have noticed on your computer and does its job protecting you from attacks. It is easy to update and has stayed up to date in terms of the latest threats.

Cons

McAfee can be difficult to manage if there is an issue within the software itself. The messages that it provides does not leave a lot of information on how to resolve the issues and sometimes it is difficult to find the solution.

Ry

Raghu y.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Safe tool for malwares

It saves the data from hackers and unwanted virus which slows down our systems,it helps a lot and time consuming process of scanning is good..

Pros

McAfee tool using since 2007, this software provides end to end protection for our desktop PCs and laptop device etc... As the software finds suspicious unwanted virus and quartiles to remove viruses.. it provides maximum number of usability features to the customers thanks for McAfee software for securing saftey virus threats removal

Cons

Compare to malware bytes McAfee have to improve alot because malware bytes removes in-depth viruses which can't find by other softwares, this is the draw back of McAfee hope you guys improve the standards to malware bytes software overall good for customers to use it .

Yeniree E.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

McAfee Endpoint Security is my favorite security system

Pros

What I like about Mcafee is that it is always working in real time on our computer to detect possible threats while we work, on the other hand it is one of the most recognizable antivirus and usually new updates are always made and this makes it even more sure, with McAfee I can set the dates and times for you to perform the scan and help CPU performance, have a free trial available and offer a version according to the operating system that you use either MAC, Linux or Windows

Cons

What I like the least about the system is that it is usually very heavy and make the computer slower and to make the most of it, it is necessary to have good hardware, another problem is that if the computer's operating system is very old, McAfee does not It will work, if you want to take advantage of all the benefits of the system you have to buy the license and it is very expensive.

PB

Prashanth B.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

A user experience nightmare

Pros

Gets the job done. Has the most common features you would expect from an antivirus solution. Pretty stable and reasonable load on resources

Cons

User interface is a nightmare! Say that you need to exclude a file from quarantine/scanning, you cannot do that while real time scan is running. You cannot add multiple files at once. The moment you turn on Real time scan, the false positive file gets quarantined immediately. It's like the chicken and the egg situation. The home dashboard's menu on the left side is extremely confusing and more complicated than it needs to be. The problem is with the icon sets and the way they collapse and make it hard to go to where you need to go.

KV

Karen V.

Aviation & Aerospace, 10,001+ employees

Excellent Tool for Boosting Security Posture

Pros

As an administrator, I installed and configured McAfee Endpoint Security on several systems in our environment. I really enjoyed the integration of McAfee Endpoint Security with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. Through this integration, I was able to quickly deploy the installation of McAfee Endpoint Security to 20+ systems overnight. I also liked how you could easily modify the settings of McAfee Endpoint Security on the local system itself such as adding more applications and files to the whitelist.

Cons

I did not like how difficult it was to configure this product for its local environment. There were several times when I added a directory of files to the whitelist for this product, yet it was still scanned for viruses. This caused numerous errors and the logs to quickly fill up, which needed constant maintenance from our team.

Victor N.

The lightest and most effective antivirus, does not affect the development of the pc while scan

Once my PC was attacked by a virus that my previous antivirus did not recognize, the free installation of McAffe solved me in the first scan.

Pros

McAfee offers a range of options for different users, small users such as households and domestic companies that use PC or large users that use more than 25 PCs and with several servers, this antivirus allows to shield the access to the components and the security of the data and access to the web. McAfee presents a high range of options, including the protection of the Smartphone of team members. You can access the product through the web, without having to go to a physical store.

Cons

An element that I dislike is the new interface, in my personal opinion, I like the previous version more.

JS

Joshua S.

I have not had any security breaches while using this product.

Pros

I like that this program runs in the background and continuously provides protection against threats such as malware, spyware, ransomware, and viruses. It does not seem to slow down the CPU or bog down computer performance in any way when running in the background and doing its tasks.

Cons

I do not like the user interface of this software. Security tasks and options are not as easily user accessible or controlled as with other popular security software. This makes me feel in less control as the end user. While running in the background is my favorite feature, I would like to see greater options for controlling these background tasks and that so with greater specificity than what is already provided by the GUI.

Reinaldo C.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Protect your PCs and others devices

Protected my computers from malware infection and also from unsafe sites.

Pros

It is simple to move, has several purposes and compatibility. I use in 3 notebooks in my house and 2 more android phones. On android it does not consume so much battery, its great, I never had problems with locking and I use the True Key a lot. On computers I have been using it for over 3 years and will continue to use, mainly because the annuity is not so expensive and can be purchased for unlimited handsets.

Cons

when it is scanning it uses a lot of memory, mainly the computer, and if I am using some developer program or playing it is almost certain that I will have lags, however I can solve this by scheduling the scanning schedule.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Security for a large, diverse company

We have enjoyed using it and it has kept us up and running more often than not.

Pros

We have a variety of computers, old and new, with an employee base to match. Knowing there is a need for system protection to ensure that we do not get viruses, hacks, or other malware on our system is crucial to keep us running. McAfee keeps us secure at all times, and generally, has little to no impact on our ability to keep going. From deployment to monitoring, they really have us covered well.

Cons

This occasionally will have errors with common online programs (chrome, adobe, etc..) where we lose access to software until a patch is put out. These are minimal, with several work arounds, but worth noting as it can be difficult.

VG

Vishal G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees

Good antivirus to protect you from Viruses & Malware's

One of the best solution in market to protect your data from malware's, viruses etc. One must have software on their device.

Pros

Been using it since last few years and found it quite effective. - East to use and install. No hard training required. - Encryption of data if laptop or your device is stolen. - Fast scans, its algorithm in predicting threats is superb. It protects your data efficiently. Many add on features and can be customized as per your requirement. - Frequent database updates available.

Cons

- Sometimes it makes your device slow. If not updated on time scanning will take time. - Renewals are costly. - During scanning, it utilizes more memory and therefore other work is affected.

Amidh P.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Plus and Minus of McAfee Endpoint Security

It takes a large space from the users hard but anyhow overall, it is a good and important application for all the people because it protects user's information from the viruses and threats.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the best applications for the all the people because it makes over personal, professional and other data from viruses. It takes the responsibility to increase the security of our computer or laptop and keep our mind to get relax from the threats.

Cons

McAfee Endpoint Security take large size from our hard and it is a disadvantage of this application. As well as every time when we try to connect some existing device, it will ask to check whether is it risky device or not. So, sometimes it will be a disturb for users.

Sporting Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent Protection for Your Business

Overall we very much enjoy McAfee Endpoint Security. We have been using it for years and it has done a great job of protecting our servers.

Pros

We use McAfee Endpoint Security to protect our IT department as well as a few other departments in our company. It does a great job of detecting and protecting us from malware and viruses. The initial set up was relatively pain free compared to other implementations that we have done.

Cons

One thing we really dislike about McAfee Endpoint Security is that it makes itself very visible. For one, it can slow down computers while handling large tasks. It constantly pops up and requires updates. These aren't huge issues, but they are complaints we have received from others in our company.

Hideki N.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

A system that keeps endpoints secure

It detects in less time powerful and possible threats present on the web that could damage or have access to business data. The program itself is easy to implement and is quite safe, being able to adapt well to any company.

Pros

This tool allows you to constantly monitor any threat that could affect your system in any way, this is the type of tool that any company could need, covering sensitive areas with high adaptability capabilities, and it is quite adaptable for professionals who work from remotely in general, and with a centralized system for greater control

Cons

It is not a type of tool that can be considered negative, it has worked well and is quite functional professionally