Adobe Audition Logo

Adobe Audition

Audio editing software for accelerating production workflows

Adobe Audition Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.44/10

Reviews by rating

It helps me a lot in the process of editing the songs I use in some videos, the integration with Vst's is fantastic and very stable. I recommend this audio editor without a doubt.
Overall its great, even if you are a beginer or proseffional you can get amazing results. I think its the best of its kind for the price you pay and what you get for it.
Overall, this is a great multimedia tool to provide you excellent studio quality sound. And above all, it is worth every dime that you spend to achieve the projects that pros only can.
In my experience adobe audition is useless and should only be used if you don't have access to another audio daw.
There is no MIDI implementation in Adobe Audition.
The only downside to Audition is the learning curve for interacting with its many many tools.

Zach Y.

VP Ops

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Powerful Audio Editing for Pros!!

Transcript

Zach Y.: Hi, my name is Zach. I'm a creative director at my company. I give Adobe Audition five out of...

GG

Garry G.

Principal

Consumer Services, self-employed

Audition - stellar audio editing tool

Transcript

Garry: Hi, my name's Garry. I'm the VP of international support. I give Adobe Audition five stars out...

Hothifa H.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

Me experience with Adobe Audition

I do not think that there are negative things in this program or missing something important because it is actually a professional program for everyone who wants to produce a wonderful work

Pros

What I liked and really impressed me the most is the artificial intelligence that distinguishes this program in many features such as mixing sounds, mastering and sound recording, which brings you the work in the way you want and that you wish without requiring a lot of training to use it

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Adobe Audition Leads the Field

Pros

I have been using Adobe Audition (and its predecessor incarnation, Cool Edit Pro) for decades at this point. I have used it to record half a dozen indie rock albums, make music mixes for radio programs, and record multiple podcast episodes. Adobe Audition can transform anyone's computer into a powerful, fully featured recording, mixing, and mastering studio. It is easy to use and has all of the features industry professionals expect: waveform editing, waveform manipulation, multitrack recording and mixing, mastering filters, and more. All of these come wrapped in a fairly easy to learn, easy to use palletized Adobe format. What's more, Audition's synergies with other software (both within the Adobe family and through plugins) means that users are never working in a "walled garden."

Cons

Over my two decades using multiple versions of Adobe Audition, I have found little that I don't like. In the early days, I encountered some stability and performance issues with the software, but those don't seem to affect the most recent versions (from the past decade). I could nitpick and wish that some functionality present in plugins was in-built into the software, but that is obviated by the fact that plugins are easy to find and integrate. Probably my biggest gripe with the current iteration of Adobe Audition is its shift to a subscription, software-as-service model. This expense can put this powerful software out of reach for many aspiring recording engineers.

ss

sipho s.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

The observation

Adobe Tryout is strong, cross-stage sound altering programming that is in its very own class. For instance, Tryout has specific devices for tidying up or reestablishing sound and offers accuracy, nondestructive altering for corporate and business video, just as webcasts.

Pros

Solid sound reclamation, sound-expulsion, and clamor decrease instruments. Great sound system waveform proofreader. Helpful representation devices. Sticks to film and transmission guidelines for sound.

Cons

Needs MIDI help. Just accessible through a costly month to month membership.

RL

Richard L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Audio Audition

Every week sermons are recorded on my laptop while live broadcasting at church. It allows me to carefully edit and monitor and save to broadcast on the air the next week's pre-recorded programs.

Pros

Capability to listen and edit plus mix music tracts for backgrounds in sermons.

Cons

After using Audacity it was more complex

SL

Samuel L.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simple, intuitive and does what its supposed to.

17 years using this for audio production for radio and podcasts. I have thought it in college and students love it once they get used to it. It is simply a genius piece of software and you can transform audio that is of low quality with a few tweaks here and there.

Pros

Whether you are looking for a simple audio edit or a complex multitrack session Adobe Audition has it all. I've been using this since it was called Cool Edit Pro in 2004 and it only gets better with age. Once you get part the overwhelming feature rich UX you are going to love this software.

Cons

It does have quite an extensive amount of features and therefore it can have quite a steep learning curve. Probably not the best software for the none techie who isn't intimidated by loads of buttons and options. Apart from this, I love Audition.

MM

Maurice M B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Adobe passed this Audition

Someone told me that she couldn't belive that I have the audacity to speak very highly about this program. She felt it was too hard to use. To me, I probably don't have too much audacity though, because I switched from the open source sound editor, Audacity, to this work of art. If you're a user of the Adobe Creative Cloud package, this is a simple, natural choice. You can take control of every aspect...

Pros

There are several methods for editing audio. This is the best I've experienced for noise reduction!

Cons

Ok I want to be fair, I've never done a tutorial on the use of Audition. I'm a kind of open-and-use kinda guy. But it took me much longer to figure some stuff out, than other packages. Do a tutorial, read a manual or a blog post, and get up and running much faster than I did.

RD

Roan D.

Media Production, self-employed

Adobe is the master of mastering

I'll be loyal to the end because Adobe audition has been loyal to me from the beginning.

Pros

The compression results after conversions are done has no known competitors that currently challenge Adobe audition for the top honor.

Cons

Sometimes it lags a bit and eats a lot of your processor speeds and performance drops if project is a bit too big.

Thomas M.

Entertainment, self-employed

My favourite audio editor

Pros

It has a clean and attractive interface. It has powerful audio features and effects, and is compatible with most popular plug-ins.

Cons

Adobe software is pretty expensive. And it does crash from time to time.

NT

Nathan T.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Best if you have Adobe softwares

Pros

It's easy to use, you can edit a file separately

Cons

It's difficult to mix many songs with the multipist fonctionnality

ET

Elvis T.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Great software.

Great overall output is what I get because that is what I need to compete in the market, and it gives me that.

Pros

It makes goog sound great especially when it comes to vocals, features a convenient to access, the interface is simple even for beginners.

Cons

So far I love the software, no critic at this point I'm still new to it.

RH

Ryan H.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Not What it Used to Be

If I had one word to describe today's Adobe Audition, it would be "Disappointing." Thanks for stripping it down and increasing my workload and overhead.

Pros

The integration of Adobe products has improved workflow. I like moving seamlessly in and out of Premiere Pro.

Cons

Adobe's habit of dropping key features like dynamic EQ or pitch correction has left us with a bare bones UI that requires too many expensive plug-ins to make it useful.

CA

Conor A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A Great Solution for Audio Technicians and Video Editors Alike...

Using Adobe Audtion has been a welcome experience when it comes to editing videos and managing audio for such videos - moving over from other software solutions, I love how 'un-clunky' Audition is. Full intergration for Adobe libraries make seamless editing when switch between software.

Pros

I love that the software, as with most of Adobe's solutions are extremely intuitive and simple to use. Being able to sync audio along to video tracks makes for super smooth editing, especially when editing testimonials & interviews.

Cons

Coming from an video editing standpoint, some keyboard shortcuts were originally against what I intuitively knew from NLE video solutions, but this is totally personal preference and it is great that this can be completely customised.

Nuno P.

Animation, self-employed

It's the program I use for audio editing and recording.

It's a good program for complex and simple audio editing, being easily incorporated with other Adobe programs.

Pros

I use it mainly because of it's integration with the other Adobe apps, Premiere Pro and After Effects. It's easy to create tracks and record audio in a multi-track composition. It's good for complex and simple projects.

Cons

It's price is a Cons. Audacity it's also a great product and it's free. I don't use it in super complex project so I don't know which is beast, but I know both are good, while one it's paid and the other it's free.

CM

Curry M.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great option for those looking to learn more.

As a Videographer who needs to learn to use sound editing as a tool, but doesn't have the education of a Sound Engineer, this is a fantastic software only limited by what you know. I've heard many say that Logic is a much better option, or even Pro Tools, but it's hard to argue with Audition's functionality when accessible through the Creative Cloud. I would typically much rather try to resolve any audio issues or projects within Premiere Pro, but there are certain limitations and details missing that are an absolute need, that Audition does have. Give it a shot and you won't be disappointed.

Pros

You can pretty much do anything sound related. Recording options, tons of compressions and EQ templates and effects to get you started which are endlessly customizable. Far beyond my ability is isolating frequencies or removing them, but I have seen it done. The creativity also knows no bounds, as through Audition I was able to recreate the sound effect of a phone conversation. It's very visually appealing as well, great use of color and the interface is overwhelming, yet it exudes professionalism.

Cons

As is the issue with all Adobe software, there is a steep learning curve. Half the battle is knowing the tools there are to apply, but the other half is knowing where they are in the program. It could more than likely be better laid out to in a more user-friendly manner so the overwhelming factor decreases. This is where other programs like Logic excel.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Greatest Audio Software Ever!

It's the audio editor for anyone who works with audio or videos.

Pros

It has everything an audio editor needs, from the beginner to the maestro! So many effects to make your sound truly professional. Audio repair tools such as noise reduction are top-notch when compared to other software like Audacity or Ocenaudio. I also like the effect rack! It reduces my work time by about 50%. Finally being able to integrate it with various plug-ins like Fabfilter or Izotope or with video editing apps like Premier Pro, is simply what makes it stand out!

Cons

It can be hard to find the effect you're looking for sometimes. Can be quite hard to navigate too.

DI

Davide I.

Internet, self-employed

The reference for audio editiing

I can edit my radio show every time i need.

Pros

Really complete software for everyone who are looking for a small edit or big one.

Cons

It is hard to use effects if you are a beginner.

TR

Tony R.

Entertainment, self-employed

Adobe Audition passes the Audition!!

Audition solves the problem of "time". Who doesn't want to save time?! Import my files, quickly work out my arrangements, cut and paste at will, add plug-ins seamlessly... what more could you ask for!?!?

Pros

I love the ability to import audio tracks from my DAW and then mix in Audition. The process is seamless and much easier than staying in my DAW. I also use Audition for theater productions. I load up audio tracks and set queues which I can then access just by pressing a number and hit play. It's a great way to have a complete theatrical soundtrack at your fingertips and then be able to play it live.

Cons

Literally nothing. There is just nothing to complain about with this software. I've had it forever and I'll use it forever. Make it cheaper? :)

GG

Garry G.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Audition - stellar audio editing tool

Very positive. Audition has facilitated the clean up of a thousand thousand tracks. Be it removing amp noise from a headbangers Marshall stack to tightening up the timing of a snare - it works

Pros

The ease of use is the main draw. It simply works how you expect it to work.

Cons

Earlier versions of Audition integrated directly with my DAW. For reasons unknown to me that stopped at about the time of version 3 being released. To be fair, the DAW mfg may be the problem here.

MO

Marouane O.

Music, self-employed

Adobe Audition Review

Adobe Audition has been my companion for so many years. I have probably mastered over 50 tracks using the software and my clients were absolutely blown away every single time.

Pros

I really like the mastering filters and the waveform displays and manipulation options. It's everything you could ask for if you're serious about creating quality music.

Cons

The program can be a little bit intimidating for first time users since it's so rich functionalities wise. It really takes a while to discover the things you can do with the software.

Evelyn S.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Audition best option to edit audio

Is really great, I edit my podcast there, I made a short intro jingle for my videos and also edit voice over for video production

Pros

What I like the most about using Adobe Audition is its integration with Adobe Premiere, it makes it really easy to work together and link the audios on my videos.

Cons

At the beggining I had some trouble to understand the interface but after seeing some of the tutorials Adobe offers I improve my skills on it

GK

Geoff K.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

The solution to audio production stress

Audio production, mainly in advertisment jingles e.t.c

Pros

The features that I love most in Adobe Audition is the compressor, how it allows you to adjust to your best desire. I should also mention that you can also save presets for your work so that in the next project you find it easy to add your effects just in one click.

Cons

I haven't seen or met any problem with the software ever since I started using adobe audition and am not quite sure of what has to be added.

Esther T.

Audio simplified with Adobe

I have loved most of the features,i enjoy using Adobe audition and easy to train the interns with because their features are not complicated.

Pros

I like it mostly that one can merge different audios however they want. The fact that files can still be exported and imported to this app,edited and played timelessly.

Cons

It's the best tool for editing audio but not everybody can afford especially the individual users .A bit expensive .

Christopher M.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Functional Podcast Editing and Mixing Software

Adobe Audition is an easy and professional audio production application that I will continue to use for my student podcast assignments.

Pros

As someone who teaches writing and communication at the college-level, I use Adobe Audition as the my main software for student podcast assignments. My university provides students access to Adobe software, and it works well on both Mac and PC platforms. Students have been using Audition each semester to produce their own podcast episodes about their research topics, and many have praised the ease of the software even though they may have had no experience with audio recording or production before.

Cons

The input and output selections for separate tracks is not as intuitive as they could be. Each audio track has to be assigned a specific input and output when it could easily be defaulted to main input/output on the device running the software. Finally, the application saves metadata files separate from the actual media included in the project, which can make exporting or sharing a project before final mixdown slightly difficult.

GH

Gisselle H.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

"Get the best sound with Audition"

Audition is a very versatile software as it has powerful tools for professional sound production and I highly recommend it because it is easy to use and offers advanced mixing, editing and sound effects features.

Pros

With Adobe Audition CC, you can record multi-track sessions, edit audio files, create music, mix audio tracks, create and edit soundtracks, and more. Audition helps you easily remove unwanted audio elements, as well as fix dialog and production audio. It also lets you work with the industry's leading formats.

Cons

It is expensive and you must practice to master its use.

Thilina D.

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

Audio Processing Made Easy with Audition

It has a variety of options and features that has been enabled for a user to use to maximize their potential without being overwhelmed.

Pros

It supports almost all audio types that are available and very easy to use once you get hand of it.

Cons

Audio hardware mapping is sometimes erroneous with the ASIO panel. I had to manually set up audio devices quite a few time because of it.