All categories

Affinity Photo

Graphic designing and image editing software

Affinity Photo Reviews

A Dream Come True

I love how each of the Affinity applications work together. I seamlessly move from Designer to Photo and back.

Pros

Affinity Photo offers tremendous value. It is on par with Photoshop in all essential features, and surpasses Photoshop in many features. I love that it has a simple help feature that assists in using each tool. The absolute best feature? The wide assortment of export options.

Cons

Affinity could do a better job in promoting add-ons and feature extensions. I use Photo for work and hobby and I didn't realize it could be used masterfully for astrophotography until I saw a video online.

My favorite software

I switched to Affinity Photo at the beginning of the 2020 when they offered a three month trial. After the trial I happily bought Photo (and Publisher and Designer even though I didn't really need them at the time) because I learned to love it more than I ever loved Adobe Photoshop that I switched from. Affinity Photo is the single best photo editing program and I will recommend it to everyone I come...

Pros

Affinity Photo is the reason I don't bleed money on overly expensive programs that I only use a tiny portion of. It is inexpensive, reliable, and has all the features I ever needed!

Cons

I would really want more customization options for key bindings. My drawing tablet does not support the current hotkeys well, but that's not only on Affinity but on the tablet manufacturer as well.

Affinity Photo offers a complete toolset with a fair pricing model

I use Affinity Photo to edit rendered images generated on 3D modeling programs and to draw images later to be used on animations. I add lighting to scenes, work on composition, edit bright, contrast, blur, add some effects, use brushes and fonts to create original designs and art to social media. It offers a wide usage possibility with professional tools.

Pros

Affinity Photo offers a complete and professional toolset on photo editing and has competitive pricing that makes it the best choice when it comes to benefit-cost analysis. The software is available to all platforms and devices, including Windows Store (even though it was first made to Mac platforms.). After a single purchase, you own the software and can use it until it is discontinued by Affinity,...

Cons

Getting used to Affinity Photo's interface was a confusing process, it could be more intuitively friendly to beginners and users who changed from another product. Maybe adding a tutorial or some sort of guide would help with that problem.

Give up that monthly subscription

I switched to Affinity after trying numerous image editing software options that would get me away from the monthly subscription model. Affinity best met 95% of the requirements I was looking for and over time I've discovered other ways to get it to do what I want. It's great for creating flyers, ads, and graphics to use on FB, Twitter, and Instagram

Pros

It's so easy to use once you get over the learning curve. Even after 2 years I am still discovering more and more things that I thought were not possible with this software

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and some features do not work as I'd expect. I would also like other things implemented (adjustiblity per layer,etc) but I also understand that for the price point that's not something they are in a hurry to implement

The best tool for Photo Edition

A great software for photo edition, once you get a hold of it you can actually do really amazing photo edition. You can easily play with the layers and the tools to create a great work-

Pros

It is very easy to use and the tools available are very similar to other software tools. The zoom is infinite and helps you with a more detailed edition.

Cons

It can be a bit challenging at first if you are transitioning from another software, but once you get used to it you learn to love it.

The best photo editor at one time cost.

It was a better alternative for us to reduce costs, since we were previously on a subscription-based tool. We can still manipulate the old psd files.

Pros

Actually very easy to use, and a great alternative to its subscription-based alternatives. It has a lot of features, and you can manipulate psd files without issues.

Cons

Changing over took some time, but once you learn how to use it you won't go back.

Best Photo editing for web designers

You can create large professional quality images as well as simple images for social media and web design.

Pros

The tools for photo editing and graphics are state of the art, compared to the recognized brand. The price is unbeatable. The stability is very good and it is cross platform. For those who edit pictures this is the way to go,

Cons

Some learning curve worth taking. Some features take an extra step to achieve.