JW Player Reviews

3.65/5 (20 reviews)

Anonymous

Player is awesome, platform can be pricing/limited

Reviewed 2018-09-20

Great player, make sure you look around if you're not a company that's OK spending a lot of money on the platform if you choose to use JW platform.

My point of view on JW Player

Reviewed 2019-04-23

I think it does a nice job overall of dealing with video. There is some functionality I wish would be better, as stated in my pros and cons.

Anonymous

Very good service, but price too high

Reviewed 2019-04-09

JWPlayer is one of the best video streaming solution. You can upload a video and obtain it converted in many format in minutes. The player is very simple to use, well supported on most browser in the market. Speed of network is good and the streaming occurs without interruption even with slow connections. As a plus the Javascript API of the player is very well documented and you can do a lot of customization and automation. The price, in my opinion, is too high. I'm lucky that I've subscribed when it was costing a half, but the actual pricing model prevents its use in small and medium-sized projects.

Joe Hakooz

This was my video player of choice until recently

Reviewed 2018-03-14

I used JWPlayer for many years in our custom applications. From back in the Flash days and well into the HTML 5 craze, this player served us well. It's extremely robust and the API is better than any other player I've used which makes it a great choice for customization.

Amenda George

Promising

Reviewed 2018-03-14

It is one of the fiercest competition to youtube integration on other websites out there and that's a fact I appreciate.

Anonymous

Very easy to implement and customize

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-19

It's our video player of choice on one of our main websites, and it has proved to be flexible enough to do anything we need it to.

Vivek Rajan

Promising Player

Reviewed 2019-04-30

- Reliable player for contents from flash era to current HTML 5 era. - Video analytics similar to YouTube analytics. - Videos of a business are protected, and can be host in local servers.

jefferson obuseri

Jw player

Reviewed 2019-01-10

My experience with the jw player is nice due to the fact that its easy to edit media files the way i want

Mobeen Syed

JW Player does not work correctly for the international audience

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-03-31

In 2016 we signed with JW Player for medical education videos. Our clients were international. JW Player will not load for the majority of them. Just a buffering sign will stay on the screen. Students will purchase the product, not able to watch they will ask for a refund. We had a small team, we will work the whole day long with the customers and JW Player's support to individually figure out the issues. Finally a few months into the service, we canceled the service. I had asked their salesperson before signing the contract if we could cancel if the service did not work. He had said that he doesn't think that JW Player will come after me if I canceled. On top of this, we were given API bills for the API integrations that never happened. After incurring thousands of dollars of customer refunds and unhappy customers we decided to move on from JW Player. We moved to another company and never had the player issues. Three years later, JW Player has surfaced again. Threatening to report us to credit and asking for the $2800 for which we never received any service neither did we receive integration. Even their support team members told us that they understood that our international customers are having a bad time and it makes sense for us to move on. Not only we had terrible service, we had brand damage, unhappy customers, loss of the payments we made to JW Player and now they want more money for the remaining months in the year.

Anonymous

JW Player is the best in its class, but is it good enough?

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-02-11

JW is the #1 solution for most companies who make it a priority to host videos on their own servers. Users can track the video's analytics, similar to the YouTube analytics page, as well as customize the video players.

Misleading Promises

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Nothing really differentiates this product from other options that are available. You can do much better for less money and fewer headaches.

jw player

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-01-08

generally it reduces the damage of your content like videos being taken without your permission

Brandon Smith

Easy to use and implement Video Player for websites

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-06

JwPlayer always stays up to date with the newest technologies including, streaming of videos and different codecs. Makes it easy to implement multimedia playback on websites and mobile apps.

Danish Sheikh

video player for your site

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-08

Its nice flash video player for your own site or blog. Customizable and and also have free version which is good.

Kasey Baker

A really great video software

Reviewed 2017-02-08

I've used by friends copy once and it was really outstanding, I would consider buying if I did more video work, but this is the real deal with massive amounts of content editing features! You should really try it, its worth your time

Adam Miller

I have used this project for playing Hi-Rezsfootage for my clients .

Reviewed 2017-06-07

It was easy to download and has a logical interface and a lot of additional features that I wouldn't expect from a video player .

Alexander B.S.

JW Player

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-05

Plays almost any video format you throw at it. Easy to use implementation tools. Very stable.

Tom Boudreaux

Works good for simple videos.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-01-24

Was easy to setup and use as my 1st player years ago.

Presley Miller

Delivers Much Less Than Advertised

Reviewed 2018-09-08

This promotion was misleading. It's 50 videos* or 25GB of files, whichever comes first. ALSO, JW uses your tiny storage to store your video and other data JW uses in order to function. So if you have 2 videos that are 2GB each, you'll be using up almost 8GB of your storage. Worst part is I've reached out for support twice and haven't heard back. Wishing I had gone with Vimeo or IBM or anyone but JWPlayer.

A very happy JW Player customer thus far

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-03-14

JW Player has provided everything we were looking for in a vendor and has filled the gap for our video hosting solution. It's very easy to upload and embed a video using their system.