All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Dacast Reviews

Pros

Good - does what I need and is at a good pricepoint. A couple of things could be polished.

Colm O.

Read the full review
Overall it's positive and worth the small amount we're paying - We like the ability to embed, customize, and analyze that a "free" service wouldn't provide.

Phill K.

jason h.

Read the full review

Cons

What stuck out to me the most about DaCast was how fast Customer Support got back to me. Within 4 minutes, DaCast replied to my troubleshoot problem and within 15 minutes, the problem was fixed.

Jordan N.

Stu S.

Read the full review
Lack of integrated chat was one of the reasons i chose Vimeo at first.

Aare J.

4.3

Reliable and easy to use

We use it extensively to stream weekly tutorials, as well as live feed conferences and events. Overall, our experience has been very positive and you can quickly talk to a real persona if you get stuck or something´s not working.

Pros

Dacast is a solid streaming platform backed by an excellent support team which have helped me sort out configuration and integration into our e-learning platforms. I also like the fact that it´s highly customizable and integrates well into OBS studio and HTML pages, as well as Facebook. All in all, the quality/value for money ratio is well worth it.

Cons

The latency is annoying (can be up to 15 secondes) and the upgrade payment to eliminate it is really too expensive.

Hi John! Thanks a lot for your comments, we take the point on the pricing. We are always trying to find cheaper solutions to put on the market, we will announce it if we have anything new on this!

Quick & Easy Setup for your Church

Overall, we have been using Dacast's Streaming Starter Package since July 2020 and have had zero issues. I am extremely pleased with the service and that our church members are able to watch Online, via Facebook and other Social Media, or by hosted page from our Website. Additionally,

Pros

I am new to Webcasting, and was apprehensive initially when deciding on a streaming service. However, once I tried Dacast and saw how simple, quick, and easy it was to use I was convinced. I love that we have the ability stream our church services and that Dacast works with OBS which is what we use to create our streams. Additionally, after streaming, we have the added capability of hosting our...

Cons

Where I believe the product could use some improvements is on the Analytics area. I think that there should be some options or features that allow us to track specific users. In our case, I would love it if I could assign some sort of "Credential" or "ID" to users so that when they either watch online or watch "recordings", I could be able to track who where the users. There are other reports, hwo

Empty promises with quick support

Overall, I wish I'd selected another platform Honestly, the amount of time and effort spent in figuring out the bugs I described above was not worth it. I have about 2000 people that are actively using the platform I build and they trust me to give them a reliable way to stream live classes (dance classes) and record them for later viewing, and I feel I've let them down choosing DaCast I do not recommend DaCast to anyone

Pros

They don't make you pay for a full year and the price is a bit lower compared with vimeo and some other platforms i checked. Fast response support (not good, but fast)

Cons

Features don't work!! 1. Analytics - does not work at all (support: "as soon as it works we will notify you") 2. VOD - recorded live streams have multiple 'holes' in them, most recordings have 10-20 minute holes missing in the recording!! Also, one of the recordings was corrupted after about 5 minutes in the stream, so 1.2 hour video = trashed. 3. LiveStreams - a huge bug in the token refreshing...

Best video streaming software

We have been using DaCast and its software to stream video for 10 years and never had an issue. Our website has a video stream that runs 24/7 and includes both live and recorded video. During that 10 years of constant streaming we have only had 3 technical issues that stopped the stream and each time the issue was resolved immediately. The set up is extremely easy and if assistance is need the customer service team is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The quality of the stream is very high and the backend design is intuitive and easy to navigate. The software is easy to install, set up and use. If help is need the customer support team is terrific and available to help. The ability to monetize the stream is easy and has many options which is very important for our company as we do "ticketed" live events.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike, which is why we have been customers for 10 years.

Great people. Great service.

We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Pros

Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

Cons

I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

A great alternative for broadcasting

Almost a year broadcasting, working just fine on a daily basis.

Pros

The great variety of settings you have to get the image do you need. The price it's also great for my needs.

Cons

In my case, the learning curve. I was not familiar with this kind of broadcasting.

Hello Gandhi! Thanks a lot for your comment, glad to hear you use our services every day. We take the point on the learning curve: it is important for us to get people to live easily, but it can be sometimes harder than expected.

Dacast user review

We usually use Dacast for our streaming service in the equestrian competition. We found this service very affordable since the first time. We have never had problems with service interruptions, which is very important to guarantee good live streaming services.

Pros

Easy to set up. Stable and safe even in intensive use.

Cons

we would like more development in the off-line part of the software

Hi Luca! Thanks a lot for your comment. We will do our best to build our offline services in the future with our soon to be out new app!

Excellent entry-level introduction to Live Streaming behind a paywall

We were able to offer live videos of our event to out of town guests at a cost where our in person guests wouldn't have been offended and try our a new service that we could benefit from a good ROI.

Pros

This was my organizations first time trying to profit off of a live-stream and the paywall feature DaCast offers was the perfect fit. They have the ability to social share to Facebook and Twitter as well as embed the videos into our own website! Customer service is always available and promptly responds when I was setting up the account.

Cons

The videos were sometimes slow to load. Setting up the channel to save or download the videos after were also not very clear and ultimately resulted in us losing one video.

Thank you Ashley for your review. Happy to read it. We are taking your feedback into consideration for our upcoming upgraded video platform. Have a nice weekend!

A great service at a competitive price

Pros

DaCast is definitely the ideal solution for those who want to do serious streaming, has an infinite number of solutions, assistance is excellent, and I've never had a problem, uploading videos is very simple, create a live channel too. Recommended

Cons

Sometimes I notice that loading the control panel is slow

Thank you Giuseppe, it is always a pleasure to work with you.

Excellent technology

Security in my videos.

Pros

Its multiple adaptation for the html5 player, the blocking of the player through the url, the personalization of its interface among many other things.

Cons

The cost is very high compared to its competitors. They charge you for things that are not clear, the bandwidth traffic for example is very expensive.

Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

Pros

The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Cons

Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast...

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it! Happy streaming.

Best Service Available

I've checked out virtually all other services. They all have their pros and cons but I've found DaCast has far fewer cons. Pricing is the biggest difference. DaCast is actually affordable for any kind of broadcast and combining that with the solid reliability puts DaCast way ahead of the rest. We continue to check the other services, as the years go by, but we keep coming back to DaCast. There's just no reason to go anyplace else.

Pros

We don't broadcast often, but when we do, we need to know that our CDN is solid with little chance of dropping. DaCast has proven their reliability, to us. We started with them when they first came on-line. Back then, there were little hickups as would be expected. In my opinion, DaCast is superior in every way to all other similar services. We did a week long broadcast recently, and had zero drops! Those were 12 hour days and not one drop. That's amazing. Setup is easy and quick. I setup a new broadcast channel in about 10 minutes and was testing the broadcast. We use Wirecast and DaCast is simple to interface with it. Support is available via chat and is pretty quick to connect and help you. That's huge when you're in the middle of a broadcast and need help.

Cons

The only con is in setting up overage protection. You can select it, and it appears that you have it, but you might not actually have it and there's no way to know that you don't. Until you go over your allocated bandwidth.

Hi Kent, we appreciate your review and it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Hopefully we can optimize the overage protection soon enough so your streaming experience becomes even better! Talk to you soon.

Thanks

It’s been a solid A. Phone support great even though I was on a free trial. Website has embedded livestream and I’m broadcasting on Periscope and Facebook every Sunday

Pros

The honesty of the website, I was asked to broadcast a livestream of our church services on a budget to embed on our website and social media. After reviewing several different outlets that claimed one thing and did not come through or require a credit card and wouldn’t disclose the price until you signed up for a free trial, I stumbled upon DaCast. The phone service was exceptional as I was stumped trying to find the right option the free trial didn’t require a credit card and now I have an exact dollar amount needed to complete the task

Cons

I wish there was an option with their own encoder. However they have worked with several other encoding software companies including OBS and the one I chose VMix to meet our needs

Thank you Joey, it is such a pleasure to read your review. Please note that we do have our own encoder which is a customized version of OBS which allows you to do low latency streaming; if you want to try, we would be happy to let you. Happy streaming and talk to you soon!

A Great Streaming Solution

We have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.

Pros

We provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.

Cons

The only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices! Best streaming.

Amazing platform

I'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance

Cons

I would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

Hi Dubravko! Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!

I am very satisfied with Dacast

Pros

The service is very good, no issues, good qualities of video.

Cons

The service is only based on data consummed, it will be nice to also have a part of a service based on the numbers of users connected simultaneous. No promotion at the end of year like this.

Hi Kenfack, Many thanks for your review. Have you tried our real time analytics feature that gives you the number of simultaneous views on your video content? Feel free to contact us if you mean something else, we would be happy to take your advice into account. Talk to you soon!

Every streaming and hosting service should run as smoothly as Vzaar.

Pros

Ease of use. the software interface has a natural progression, instructions and samples in laymen's terms. In the years I have been using Vzaar, I can count on this software to deliver my needs to customers without fear of malfunctioning. Customer support is always knowledgable and reactive in a timely manner.

Cons

analytics could be a little more user friendly, and a trending function should be added. Software support should be 24/7

Happy Broadcaster!!!

Over all since signing up with Dacast my business has grown, I have more options and my personal wireless software works excellent

Pros

The software allows me option in monetizing my streaming or PPV

Cons

Not much, but if there was an improvement I would say, “The Promo Code Process” Simplify

Hey Michael! Pleased to read your review. Thanks a lot, and be sure that we are taking your point about the promo-code! We will try to improve it in a recent future. Happy streaming!

The Pits TV

DaCast has allowed us to deliver content to people from al over the world in a very reliable way. I had used another provider but they were short of terrible. Big ups to the team from DaCast!!!!!

Pros

We started using DaCast just over a year ago and I cannot fault the product for reliability and ease of use. I find the prior comments are a true reflection on just how good this product is. Its stable, its fast and it works very very well. We streamed over 40 events over the last year with no glitches or issues from our outside broadcast vehicle. We strongly recommend to the people who have not posted favorable comments to take a very close look at their set ups before tagging the blame to DaCast. Although I have used the online support, I found that their level of expertise is not ideal, but have brilliant contact.

Cons

the only concern I have is it really does require multiple currencies as dealing in U.S Dollars doesnt work to well where we are from. However, I understand that this is being worked on as we speak.

Thank you Jason for this review, we will let you know as soon as multiple currencies is available. Talk to you soon!

The whole package

We're streaming network cameras in a ski resort, live 24/7.

Pros

Intuitive controlpanels and very easy to set up with support for practically everything that streams. Dacast has had no downtime we can remember either. Customer support 24/7 and extremely helpful. The customer support went above and beyond for us one day helping us with encoder software, which they don't have to do.

Cons

There is a big gap between their low data plan and medium data plans, specifically something targeted at people who stream alot but doesnt monetize their streams.

Hi Jostein, Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments about our different plans and we are going to make some changes this year on this. Happy streaming!

Best customer service, never downtime, easy UX. THE best service we've used of the 10 we've tried.

Pros

It's actually better and cheaper than competitors. It works perfectly across ALL devices. And again - the customer service is unparalleled.

Cons

As they improve the service so often, there were two times it I had to change the BIT rate of our videos to play quickly when not on wifi. However, their service was excellent so it was always fixed quickly and easily. Not bad for four years of service!

Best Service Out There

The service has been great for our school. We are able to broadcast seamlessly our morning announcements. Our teachers are happy and the students are enjoying the news in the morning.

Pros

What I liked the most about this service was the ease to install and daily use. Program dashboard is clear and easy to understand.

Cons

Very little that is bad. Sometimes maybe only 3-4 times in the 2years I've had the software or service has it not streamed successfully.

Thank you very much Marie for your review, we are very happy to contribute to the well-being of your teachers and students.

Great Product

Pros

DaCast is easy to use and provides a great, dependable and very stable stream for my online TV station.

Cons

Does not provide a schedulable 24/7 playout for setting up a traditional TV-style station

Hey Barry! Happy to read that, thanks a lot for your comment! We take the comment for the TV style playout

Dacast Review

We have a strong arts program with a number of live performances throughout the year. We stream those events to family friends and relatives of our students who live too far away to attend. The streams have been well received, and offers a unique opportunity for our more technically oriented students to be involved with the productions in a different way.

Pros

The online video presentation was was very good and simple to access by our viewers. Also, because we have a limited hardware budget, it was important that Dacast archived the stream as it was broadcast, so that we could pick it up later for post-production and sharing with the school community.

Cons

Setting up the connection was a little tricky, and the preview window opens by default with the sound muted which led me to believe there was a problem when there wasn't.

Thank you Steven for your experience. It is definitely an important comment! We'll look into how to make the experience even better when you set up the platform! Best!

A great service for the price.

DaCast has been reliable and easy to use.

Pros

DaCast has a great price point for entry for an organization which needs reliable streaming, but doesn't anticipate using a huge amount of bandwidth.

Cons

The analytics are not very full featured.

Hi Ken, Thank you very much for your review. We're happy that our platform answers your streaming needs. Regarding the analytics, please let us know what you would like to see and we can see if it is possible to implement it.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.