B2W Estimate

Heavy civil construction estimating software for contractors

B2W Estimate Reviews - Page 2

Project Manager/Estimator

Pros

I like the ability to bid, win, and track all features as an estimate.

Cons

I don't like the fact that there is no undo button. Plus, the idea that we are unable to take subcontracted items and cross compare them between industries, for example a landscaper does the same work an excavator does.

Peter Baker Review

Pros

It's easy to use. It allows you to get as detailed or as simple as you want.

Cons

Maybe be able to enlarge the fonts in estimate detail.

Swiss Army Knife of estimating

Pros

We are Mining & tunneling contractor, this software adapts readily to our unique bidding styles and forms

Cons

Some of the help items are not so helpful. It takes time to sift through the items. They are not always clearly defined.

Never go back.

Using B2W Estimate is a must for me now. I'd never go back to using Excel and manually doing bids. When we first started using B2W Estimate, we were actually running bids both in Excel and B2W. I found a few mistakes that would have never made it through the bidding process while entering a couple bids into B2W after the fact. I found a couple formulae errors in Excel which cost us quite a bit of money....

Cons

We have used B2W Estimate exclusively since 2010.

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and customizable to meet all of our needs. You are not restricted by the product limitations. B2W is constantly upgrading to based on customer feature requests.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this product. It works as advertised and is constantly upgraded by the manufacturer. I have this software open at least 10 hours per day and am usually on at least 4 open estimates at any time. Crashes are not existent.

B2W Review

Pros

I like the abilities it has for importing and exporting. The ease that it allows for importing into P6 is really nice.

Cons

I dislike the little quirks that will hold a file from being exported.

Excellent bid platform and training

Pros

B2W Estimate is a great resource organizing from top-level bid items down to the materials that the crews require to get the job done.

Cons

For material and equipment, it would be nice if B2W estimate had a platform where material vendors and equipment rental houses could submit an Excel spreadsheet that could be imported in order to update pricing information for materials.

Time saving when setting up similar bids week in week out.

Pros

It used to take me a day or two to set up a new bid now I can have it done in about and hour.

Cons

I wish sometimes there was a back button like in excel so if changes were made accidentally then they could easily be corrected.

Effective software

Pros

I really like the communication between the vendor/subcontractor links and the bid estimate.

Cons

There is no way to create company specific reports and imports. Also, not being able to back up an estimate.

A great product overall

Pros

Ease of use and versatility. Reports are very useful. Ability to save tasks and use them from one estimate to another.

Cons

Not being able to save views without buying the upgrade.

B2W Estimate: a Great and Valuable Tool from Small to Large Estimates

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. The vendor provides good support. I like the ability to build crews and standard work items in the database and then customize them to each individual estimate. I also like that fuel prices can be constantly updated to keep hourly equipment costs current.

Cons

I have always had good support and a good experience using this software, so I don't have any real negatives. Some of the search functions could be more user-friendly.

Powerful software with great features

B2W Estimate is the best bidding software for site contractors. It allows you to be as simple or as detailed as you want to be. The software is featured packed and yet easy to use. With a press of a button, we can find out information about a bid that would have taken hours to calculate. Integration with accounting or other software was very easy, especially with the help of the support team. On the rare occasion we have a glitch with the software, the support team gets the issue resolved quickly and is very knowledgeable about the software. I would highly recommend the software to any site contractor looking to streamline their bidding process and more accurately estimate their cost and profits.

Cons

Overall, the project has helped BCI increase the speed, efficiency and quality of our estimating.

Pros - Fairly easy to use and quick to get new users trained to a productive level. Flexibility is great as the software allows the estimator to organize estimates in a way that is either consistent with a corporate strategy or unique to his own needs. Cons - There is a lack of user customization of reports. B2W will tell you that you can use Crystal Reports to generate custom reports but that is too cumbersome and time consuming. There needs to be a way to simply choose data field you want to print and allow you to organize them on the page. Also, after 6+ years with the software, we have found that customer service is great but B2W is very slow to implement fixes or modifications.

It's an Estimate pro !!

Initial training for the software is not that good! It would be better if the initial trainers had better practice before training somebody! Otherwise, the software is amazing!

Pros

The changes made in the Estimate will not affect your template or the resources...!

Cons

The service aspects has to be improved

B2W Estimate review

Pros

It's easy to implement and very customizable. It's very user-friendly.

Cons

It's very pricey and the add-on components do not meet the same quality standards of Estimate.

Easy to Use and Powerful

Pros

I found this program to be very easy to learn with just the smallest amount of training.

Cons

It can be easy to miss selecting Subcontractors or Vendors, but that is fixed by the Check Wizard Feature. It also has a habit of crashing.

This software helps the contracting companies to prepare the winning bid.

THe product is very good and relevant, it provides the opportunity for software developers, resellers, trainers and users. It creates 4-win situation.

Pros

I am retired Government Engineer and I have started a consulting company positioned to offer consultancy services in the bid preparation. I want to become reseller of this product and enhance my training opportunities. I see great opportunity to sell the software to contracting companies.

Cons

I am considering the product has a got great value and it can be sold to all real estate companies who are developers cum real estate agents. The construction comapnies who bid for contracts.

Very long process to get an estimate

Pros

I like that the software is very user-friendly and pretty straightforward.

Cons

A lot of data entry is required for the estimates. Even if you link an Excel spreadsheet to the estimate, the process of adding a comment for each cell you want to link is tedious, and it doesn't really work for a lot of things, like the equipment quantity. Also, I am not a big fan of the reporting. Most of the reports are confusing, and when presenting the estimate to upper management, it is always hard to explain that it is that way in the reporting, but if you do a multiplication for example, that is the correct number. I just think the reports should show the actual numbers, or maybe we are just using the wrong product for the kind of work we do, and that is why the reporting in the software does not meet out needs.

I used B2W Estimate daily for the past 5 years and really enjoy it!

I like the updates that consistently take place with B2W, I enjoy the ease of use and like all features within B2W, I would like to see a few more export features that included taking any typical estimate and export out by pay item for import in a scheduling software. I use this program every day and have for the past 5 years and I believe this is easier to use than others and continue to improve. I would like to have a simpler way to enter a material calculation factor. Overall very pleased with the use of B2W and would recommend when updates are created a short video be posted to the B2W website showing the features and how to utilize them.

Cons

Fast, easy, accurate, and reliable

Pros

The customer support is great if we ever need help.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Good product and great service.

B2W Software - Great Estimating Software

Pros

The software does what was promised it would do and integrates well with accounting programs. Ease of use is also a big factor. We have been with them since 2002, and the customer support has always been exceptional.

Cons

There's nothing to complain about. The upgrades and new software lines they have added have not taken away from their estimating software.

Bid2Win Estimate

Pros

The software is easy to use for anyone who is familiar working with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft products. They are constantly updating and adding features based on user feedback.

Cons

Resource databases can get flooded with too many versions of the same item based on slight differences in the way they are entered. A feature that notifies you of a similar entry prior to creating a new one would help solve this issue.

Great Product!!!!

Pros

The ease of creating a bid for multiple users. The data is clean and allows us to bid more projects due to the time it saves.

Cons

It is not 100% customizable. I think there should be more options for the users to change to organize the data as needed.

Works great but still need to get the most out of it

Pros

Support and how easy it is to navigate the software.

Cons

Compared to what we used to have, there is really nothing not to like.

I've only been using the software for 5 months, but have found it very easy to navigate and use.

Have not had much training other than trail and error. But is fairly user friendly and easy to learn. Having a user guide or someother training guide for first time users would be helpfull. One of my first estimates I thought I had made a duplicate copy but did not change the name so I had deleted most of the items to create a sub quote and when I went back to find original it was gone. But after a call to help desk we learned about the recycle button. Great feature was able to get original bid back one item at a time. Took some time but, save hours of rebuilding bid the night before bid was due.