B2W Estimate

Heavy civil construction estimating software for contractors

B2W Estimate Reviews - Page 4

BID2WIN / BUILD2WIN reviews

GREAT PRODUCTS.!.

Pros

BID2WIN is superior to all systems I've been exposed to. Price is steep, but customer support is worth the price.

Cons

Both Build2Win and Bid2Win could use some reporting upgrades in terms of ability to modify BID FORM REPORTS and Foremen's weekly production graphs for a particular foreman from any computer for any time period.

My estimating department and I utilize the sofware on a daily basis.

Pros: easy to use. manages vendors & subcontractor quotes. excellent all-in-one database to manage all contacts. Cons: program lags when switching tabs. cannot manage subs and vendors through the same tab. select "show level 1-whatever" by default when clicking on a pay item in the tree view of the detail tab.

Cons

No longer having to do takeoff by hand

Pros

I love not having to do my takeoff by hand any more. This program saves me so much time and money it was worth every dollar we spent on it. If you are still doing your estimates by hand you are way behind the times.

Cons

As someone else stated, they just changed the emailing feature and you can no lnger copy other which needs to be fixed. Otherwise great product.

B2W - Just Starting Out

Pros

We purchased Estimate to streamline and add consistency to our bidding process. We are in the implementation process and excited to see the results. B2W as a company has worked with us to put together a schedule to move thing along quickly.

Cons

What's there not to like! The products are not the cheapest on the market.

I bought Bid2Win about 15 years ago and it was a wise investment, and has helped my company grow suc

The software is easy to understand, intuitive and easy to use. Bid2Wuin gives us control of our estimating, using costs and markups, allowing us to surgically construct our bids. This keeps our company knowledgeable about cost of work, profit margins, risks, and able to win the kinds of work we want.

We have been with Paul and Company since 1998

Software is by far the best estimating software available in the heavy/highway industry. Very intiuative to learn, not something that uses a "code book" for navigation. We as a company have grow with B2W and there are just a hand full of improvements this product needs to make it number 1.

B2W Review

Pros

The software is intuitive and allows you to build your database while estimating (essentially, your programming for future estimates while you estimate).

Cons

The UI needs pop-up help. This will make it much easier for brand new users to get up to speed faster while avoiding errors on the learning curve, which is steep. That's a great thing.

We don't have a comparison, so it is tough to be fair.

Pros

It's sure easier than using Excel. We haven't used another bidding program, so we have no comparison.

Cons

There is no documentation on how to enter ID codes. For someone like us, we haven't a clue, and the support told us to use the codes in our accounting program, but we have no codes there, so we have no codes entered in Estimate yet. We have spent weeks researching and reading about ID codes and according to what we've read, other programs explain ID codes and where to enter them.

New to the program but pleased so far

Pros

The speed of putting together a bid. I reduced my bid time by 25% and I know I will do better than that once I have more experience with B2W

Cons

Building the library. This is time consuming. Make sure you ask questions to be certain you are setting it up properly.

Extremely helpful creating DOT estimates

Pros

The ability to import items and save item templates helps to expedite the bidding process.

Cons

You can't cut or copy crew templates between items.

B2W Review 4-25-15

Pros

Provides a complete orderly bid with minimal effort.

Cons

Difficulty syncing program with printers and devices.

Great Support

We really like being able to bid on Estimate and getting the cost of the project. We are currently having to do quite a bit of work to bring the project into Viewpoint. Getting help with that. We can print subs by phases and they have great trainers!

Not going back!

Change is hard, but once you use the B2W Estimate, I would have a hard time going back to our old way of estimating a job. The B2W Estimate program allows the operator to efficiently compose an estimate that you can be confident of the accuracy.

Cons

I prefer B2W estimating software to HCSS Heavybid for heavy civil estimating.

I had used HCSS HeavyBid software for my heavy civil estimating for many years before using B2W estimating software. I was then exposed to B2W and prefer B2W because of it's intuitive setup and ease of use.

B2W estimate, chaging from hard dollar

Pros

They had a great location from training conference. I'm a new user. The big draw was track and transferring costs to Viewpoint.

Cons

I have no complaints so far. I have less than two months experience using the software. Having used hard dollar, I've been able to draw similarities between the two that have helped switching over.

Third software I have used and exceeds the others.

Easy to learn and easy and use. Support is outstanding. Could use some additional time saving features, for instance, global edit of trucking hourly rates within an estimate (Hint, hint, hint, hint.......)

B2W Estimate - Earthwork Bidding

Pros

I like the supplier and vendor management. Bid reports are available.

Cons

It's not easy to review a bid with out of office personnel.

It has improved our bidding.

We like the use of tasks to breakdown pay items and the ability to change pay rate for labor. We work through out the Southeast which means we have a lot of different rates.

Great time saver!

Don't let cost keep you from evaluating the product. In our case, it was more than worth the investment. I can download the Estimate directly into our accounting program. B2W paid for itself in 2-3 years.

Keep an open mind!

It provides many ways of looking at an estimate by grouping and sorting. I recommend you keep an open mind while evaluating B2W. Look for ways to improve your systems- not to replicate the existing ones.

B2W Estimating is straight forward, user friendly, great reports

Pros

Easy to implement with new estimating staff. Tech training is effective.

Cons

I wish it was more cost effective in a cloud based software, but I do know that the privacy of our pricing needs to be protected.

They're great!

The products are really easy to use, and everyone from sales to support staff are great to work with. I recommend you get to know the people you are going to be working with, they're great!

Cons

Great level of organization and detail

The support staff with B2W is great. Makes the process much easier. Best thing about it is the level of organization, detail and presentation customization.

Intuitiveness, Reliability and Accuracy

Flexibility to let my estimators build estimates unique to their strategies and thought process while staying in a general recognized corporate structure.

Cons

The ease of changing a bid or bidding format is fantastic.

The ease of changing a bid or bidding format is fantastic. I recommend you not set up the resource database until after you have some formal training. Also, go to their user conference!