Construction Tool Tracking System Logo

Tool tracking & inventory management solution

Construction Tool Tracking System Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.66/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

asset-panda
reftab

Very impressed with the contact with the support team, we really enjoy the simplicity of the program itself, and we really enjoy the low pricing.
We have had a great experience with the roll out of this service and it has already been a great benefit our bottom line including cost, time, and prevention of frustration in the field.
I really can't think of any. The software does exactly what it advertises and the process is so simple, it's hard to mess it up.
There are some lags when you implement new members through the app first.

Jonathan B.

Long time, pleased user

Pros

The [sensitive content hidden] are the best part. No software is perfect, but these guys are super responsive, they have a big list of improvement targets that they keep and, better yet, that they accomplish. We've been on this system for 6 years or more. When we first got in, it fit the bill. Fast forward to today, these guys are adding things that we didn't even realize we wanted and how much it would benefit. I get messages about other tool programs and review them to ensure we're on the best path, and I am confident we are.

Cons

Not much... the photos clip off when loading, but there's probably a reason for it and its pretty easy to overcome.

GB

Gary B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

A simple but effective solution for tool management and rentals

They have provided outstanding support. They designed the system to be as simple to implement and operate as possible. When you call for support, you're getting a key member of the team, which is a reflection of their design philosophy in action. Our client has the system in place and is doing updates to their Sage 300 job costing for billing of tool use and rental.

Pros

The system was purpose built to address the basic critical aspects of tool management and rental: Who has the tool, the costs for the use of the tool, and basic information about the tool itself. If you want geolocation or complex maintenance planning, this is not the solution. If you want very effective tool for the key basics of tool management, ShareMyToolBox is a great solution.

Cons

We recommended on on the base feature set. If you want more, this won't be the answer.

KS

Keith S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Good start for simple tool tracking

Pros

This is for the companies that just want to track tool location and history, not asset management. Simply put if you want to know where your tool is you can locate it from the mobile app or the web interface. Great for mobile transfer of tools- from field locations. Has the ability to accept or reject the transfer. Employees can see the location of shared tools. Licensing structure is awesome. I moved from Trimble All-Trak because it was too costly for multiple users and not updated frequently. This is worth a try for those looking.

Cons

Takes a while to set up. Is not designed for large transactions and editing data is done one item at a time. The developer needs to allow the user to have more control over information and edit - delete easier. This is designed with a social attitude towards sharing tools but really could capture a larger market if they improved just a few things.

SD

Sliver D.

Construction, 1-10 employees

ShareMyToolBox Review

Great experience with the ShareMyToolbox guys. They pick up every time I call. I don't need to press 1 or chat with someone online. They understand the urgency of the world we live in.

Pros

This is a very simple learning curve. My 55yr old motor tech (who still has a flip phone), went from apprehensive to now walking into my office to show me new things he can do with the app.

Cons

Haven't found a flaw yet.

Thanks for using ShareMyToolbox, we appreciate the feedback!

LM

Larry M.

Happy new customer

No longer are we chasing down tools with numerous phone calls. Tool maintenance and tracking is now streamlined with this simple program. I couldn't be happier.

Pros

1. Initially, the customer service was what sold me on the product. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] answered all my questions with patience and care (and there were a lot of questions). One of the best experiences I've had with a vendor.2. I love the simplicity of the software. I was able to learn the software myself and train others with the greatest of ease. 3. No hidden costs or surprises along with simple outlined program and prices. Well worth the money

Cons

Haven't had a negative experience with this software yet.

DB

Dave B.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Simple

Awesome

Pros

Simple and easy to use...customer support is very responsive.

Cons

Cannot remove tabs from the phone interface

JG

Josh G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Share My Toolbox is a huge help to our tool and consumable management

Greatly improved our tool tracking saving valuable time

Pros

Share my toolbox is Simple and functional

Cons

Data entry was time consuming, but once done it was worth the time spent

NL

Nick L.

Construction, 51-200 employees

It has been excellent, with great communication from the owners of SMTB.

Reduced business costs of labor, lost time, lost tools, and gained accountability to everyone in the company that utilizes tools.

Pros

It puts the accountability to the field user, which encourages all of the users to utilize the application. In a lot of tool management systems, they are used as an accounting system for the office to manage the dollars of the tools, and the locations. But, that leaves the field out of the occasion, and turns it into a housekeeping nightmare for the office and/or warehouse. With SMTB, it sets up the system to require the users to accept tools when they are delivered. Then if a tool goes missing, the person who has their name on the tool is accountable. This encourages utilization within the field by design.

Cons

The hardest thing about the software were a few system errors that I encountered early on. I also ran across a couple of things that we wanted to see implemented. However, the SMTB crew has been outstanding and promptly addressed every concern that was raised, AND implemented changes that we requested.

EE

Edward E.

Money Goes Out-Tools Come Back

Besides accountability among workers, the tracking has additional customized parameters, I use "Condition" ratings to track the effective life of a tool. Enabling me to anticipate tool replacement schedules and warranty dates.

Pros

This software helps track who has a tool and even what job it's on. Tool tracking has greatly improved our tool inventory. Now each tech must scan the tools they take and are responsible for them until the tool is returned. No more, uhhhh, I don't know where that $500 tool went, wasn't me, wasn't me! Now we know who had it last.

Cons

If the tech does not confirm the loan of the tool, it goes back into the available list, and the loan out goes away. They must confirm the loan for it to register under their name.

Thanks for the great review Edward!

vv

victor v.

User Friendly

Pros

The ease of use and the ease of keeping track of our field tools

Cons

QR codes could be useful if made from a different material for ease of application on some surfaces..

TP

Teresa P.

My Review

I have found it easy to use. They are always updating the software, which is great but has made it difficult to update the tools to different types. Overall I love the product.

Pros

I love that in seconds I can find the location of any tool. The addition of new tools is easy to do. They have several ways to categorize tools ie. consumables, quantity, standard. I can add pictures, descriptions, where purchased so I can track everything about my inventory.

Cons

I find it difficult to use the computer version as it is harder to see all columns but you can adjust the columns to see what you want. I add new tools on the phone app as it is easier and you can take pictures.

KP

Keith P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Saves us time and time is...

This software has helped our company with locating specialty tools. I began looking for a solution to eliminate the absorbent amount of hours tracking down tools. With this software we have eliminated the need for calling everyone in the company that we thought might have a tool.

Pros

I like that we can catalog all company owned items that our employees are issued. For example, when we issue a truck to an employee we include phone, tablet, credit cards, etc. I really like the accountability that this system helps us with.

Cons

Honestly, I don't know of anything that I don't like about this software. If I had experience with another company I could provide some feedback.

KF

Kenny F.

Saving our company Time & Money! Amazing Customer Service - Love this service

Pros

Visibility of and control of all tool inventory locations. Accountability for every user that "Borrow's" a tool that pushes towards our overall goal of success.

Cons

Not much.. It has been very versatile it our environment. Multiple Check-in locations maybe? Nice part about this "Cons" section, any questions/concerns we have had, customer service has addressed in an amazing time frame! Thank you Chuck!

SS

Stacy S.

Great Product very user friendly

Takes less time to find what I need.

Pros

Works smoothly and I have to say the customer support is some of the best I have ever had. Any question or problem is answered direct. I was actually surprised to talk to software designer the first time I had an issue.

Cons

None I cant honestly think of one thing negative to say. This product will increase tool tracking effectiveness

PD

Patsy D.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and easy to implement

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Pros

It is on every mobile device. I know where the tools are and when we need to replace them. It also keeps tools out of corners of job shacks and in the back of trucks because people are assigned to them.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more customizable. Add costs codes and job number to check out to as well as the person. I wish there was an output that gave time used by job or cost code for billing purposes.

AO

Alicia O.

Great Value and Easy to Use

This system has made my job so much easier. It is easy to use, the videos they provide to understand the system are a great resource, and the customer service has been wonderful.

Pros

Working in the construction field I find that many of our field employees can be intimidated by new technology. This system is very easy to use and the dashboard is appealing, so our workers are comfortable using it. That really helps. I also like the visibility it creates for the location of all the tools. Because everyone is using the system, we all know the correct location of the tools. Wonderful!

Cons

I haven't used the system long enough to have many criticisms. Overall, it's been a really great system.

AW

Allen W.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Solves a problem nothing else can

No more losing tools or wasting time trying to find them

Pros

This app is hands down the easiest and quickest way to keep up with your stuff. You always know who has it, and everyone has visibility into what's available and who has it. You don't have to call 10 people looking for something, just check the app and you can see who has it. It also makes people more aware and careful with stuff because everyone knows they have it.

Cons

I'd like to search by the tool that's closest so I can send someone to get it. They say that is coming in future releases.

JS

Jaime S.

Great for orgaisation

very good

Pros

Being able to organise everything so that we know where all our tools are

Cons

Hard to get used to as it is confusing to use at first

AU

Andy U.

SMT Review

Real time updates on locations and quantity of all company tools

Pros

Ease of use for all users and real time information

Cons

Notifications do not automatically appear on phone home screen

JB

Joanne B.

Implementation of Small tool Tracking

This has been good. I would give it an A-/B+.

Pros

The mobile feature was the most important part. Our field managers don't have a lot of time to deal with paperwork. The mobile app is fast, easy to use and more efficient.

Cons

The desktop version has not been the easiest to use from an administrative function. It needs to have an easier search function. The current filter function is two condition filter, which is not intuitive to use. It would be so much better to have a drop down box appear for filtering. Point, click, done! That would make the desktop version faster, easier to use and more efficient.

AB

Anthony B.

Great and Easy Tool Management System

Pros

The user friendly format makes it so simple to use in the office and out in the field.

Cons

At this time, I have no complaints or cons to report.

jf

james f.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

an excellent option for tool management and tracking

Pros

This software makes it quick and easy to track all of our tools , hardware and installations supplies.

Cons

maybe there could be a feature that saves job sites for future use

RD

Rob D.

Share My Tool Box Review

Extremely happy with the Share My Toolbox product. It was very easy to set up and we immediately saw the benefits of the inventory management it gives to us. We could not be happier.

Pros

Extremely user friendly, allows for inventorying, including pictures, scanning of barcodes to track checking in and out of tools, vehicles and other equipment with ease.

Cons

nothing other than regret not getting it sooner

AMAZING APP

Very impressed with the contact with the support team, we really enjoy the simplicity of the program itself, and we really enjoy the low pricing!

Pros

One of the best features of this program is the simplicity - we simply needed this for checking in/out tools from our tool shed to our different personnel working in the field. This works PERFECT!

Cons

There are a few glitches on the app, but the team is more than willing to listen and to make improvements.

AE

Aaron E.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Very Helpful

It has been very helpful and useful in our day today operations.

Pros

It is very easy to understand and adopt. We've only used it for about a month, but all of our guys have been receptive to it and is already helping us have an accurate inventory of our tools.

Cons

Of course, it is a long process to add all the tools into the system, but after that you only need to adjust it and add new tools as they come in.