StyleSeat Logo

StyleSeat

Online booking for hair stylists & beauty professionals

StyleSeat Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.76/10

Reviews by rating

My clients are complaining about all of the fees that they are being charged and I am getting the backlash.
It has no customer service number at all if and when you have a problem.

EDUARDO O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Efficient and functional web system.

This tool has accompanied me since my business started, when it was a small undertaking because it provided me with automation in the scheduling of appointments, so it helped me to quickly develop an organized and effective way of working, so my customers are very satisfied with the services provided, should not wait long to be served because thanks to the self-service portal can make reservations online according to the schedule of their preference, however the greatest benefit I got with this tool was the visualization of my work through the gallery, which helped me increase my customer base, in addition to digital marketing promotions on different social networks, have helped me to my work as a stylist is recognized.

Pros

StyleSeat is a web-based solution that allows you to schedule appointments, book online through the self-service portal, manage employees, inventories and payrolls, plus a customer database and billing. An aspect to emphasize of this program is that it offers differences with others available in the market, provides a photo gallery, in which your customers or people who visit your profile, can see part of your work, in addition, has a powerful digital marketing tool that will serve for promotional campaigns, on the other hand, it is very easy to configure and has a configuration wizard and its design is very simple so it facilitates its use. You have an extraordinary quality-price ratio, as it offers a lot of functionality at a modest price.

Cons

Its operation is outstanding, however, I would like the development of a mobile application, as it will facilitate access to this platform.

CJ

Charlie J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Client Fees

My overall experience is ok, but it doesn't allow me to add important info about services. My clients are tipping me less because of the booking fees.

Pros

It is user friendly and I am able to set up my services easy with pricing, time frame, and description.

ME

Maia E.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Pricey

Overall, initally when I started with Style Seat they were not charging for a basic setup. Now they are and I think $35 a month is a little pricey which is why I went over to 10to8

Pros

I like the whole set up of the software. It is very professional and pretty basice. You can lists tons of services and also can take appointment deposits. You can upload a ton of pictures and they do offer you perks if you are willing to pay for them. Like marketing, spotlighting your business, etc... They also offer you a few tips from time to time.

Cons

What I like the least is the price. I feel that they are expensive for what they are offering. It should not cost as much as they charging in my personal opinion. Because there is definitely similar software that is still be offered free or cost next to nothing.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

A niche booking system

Pros

While managing Sauna & Spa resort, the Availability feature is critical. And this software does its job perfectly here.

Cons

The software indeed needs a lot of other features like Billing & Invoicing, Automated Scheduling and Attendance Tracking.

Henk M.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great user interface for your client!

Pros

Extremely convenient for both myself and my client, they can book an appointment and see availability from nearly anywhere their phone, their computer etc. I can see what exactly they need done and make my schedule work better for me so everyone is happy.

Cons

I have almost nothing bad to say about this, besides I wish all my clients would use it exclusively.

Accounting, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Looking for a Stylist? Styleseat has plenty of options no matter where you are.

I have set a handful of appointments through StyleSeat, definitely not a bad experience.

Pros

Great way to look up stylists in new areas. I like how you can search different location for stylists and hairstyle types. I love that you can view pictures of the stylists work, and most of their accounts are linked to Facebook or Instagram if you need some more convincing. Email reminders come in handy.

Cons

Doesn't always work, might be a bug. Need to update hairstyle options for we type in what we are looking for (ex: Kinky Twists, Senegalese Twists, Box Braids)

Kevin T.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Style Seat: was a decent service when it was free.

I see that it’s successful for some beauty professionals and then there’s folks like me where it did nothing for me.

Pros

It was fairly straightforward on set up and the free version (which is no longer) had the features I needed.

Cons

Being a hair stylist, I never obtained any new clients, phone calls or email inquires. It’s a pay only service now.

DJ

Danieal J.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

StyleSeat

I'm glad someone created this software. I can view my hairdresser availability and schedule my own appointments. I love that Styleseat sends friendly reminders of appointments.

Pros

This app help me find my current hairdresser. This platform allows you to view the reviews, services, prices, and work of hairdresser near you. Its mobile friendly and sends me my final receipt with the option to tip.

Cons

I wish the services I request to get aligns with the actually services given to ensure I know how much I'm paying ahead of time.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Styleseat review

Pros

I used to use it as a hairstylist. Now I only use it as a customer. It’s easy to set up a profile and create a menu. Great customer service.

Cons

I stopped using it when Styleseat started charging stylists to use the software. Didn’t feel like it was worth it at the time.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Don't think I'll ever go back to "walk-in" again.

Pros

Very convenient. I could view a calendar of my barber's availability and select the time I want as far out as I want. Makes it a lot easier to have a set schedule for my and my son's haircuts. Way more efficient that calling and/or texting for available times.

Cons

I'd like it if I could be notified by the app if someone cancelled during a time period I wanted.

Bri A.

Great System

Overall my experience with this app has been pretty decent for what I use it for.

Pros

I like the fact that this app is bee users friendly. I am able to store my clients information. And I love the fact that clients are able to leave reviews for my business.

Cons

The only part about this app that I do not like is not being able to take deposits from my clients. For the monthly price of this app I feel like that setting should be offered automatically. It is with other systems that cost less.

SP

Stephanie P.

E-Learning, self-employed

Styleseat is great

I enjoyed the service. I don’t enjoy the fact that people that haven’t received the service are still allowed to review as long as they have booked an appointment. So even if someone’s appointment is canceled they are still allowed to leave a review which led to receiving bad reviews from people that were attacking my business. Ultimately that led me to switch to another platform.

Pros

I love how the customers can leave reviews and the ease of setting up. It’s also aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

I wish I had more options to add add-ons and additional services instead of me having to create a different package for each option.

Cosmetics, self-employed

These people are BIG SCAMMERS!!! they will take money from your account

Pros

This company is very complicated to use. Number one: they allow clients to take their money back after a service. Number 2: they don’t have a good enough contact system. When you need help no number to call just a stupid email that takes 5 business days to even get a response. Number 3: they don’t care about their workers they take most of your hard earn money. This business is not a professional at all!! Why wouldn’t you want to help your workers that’s making this app move but no they don’t care. All they care about is your money . Don’t use this app save your time. They will take money from your account without knowing.

KF

Kishasha F.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Review for StyleSeat

Pros

What I like the most about SytleSeat is the ease of use. The app is very user-friendly. My hair and makeup stylist uses the application to schedule and pay for appointments. I appreciate that the application stores my credit card information for future appointments. I don't have to worry about forgetting my credit card. The payment is made automatically on the day of the appointment from the stored credit card on the app.

Cons

I don't have any cons on this program. As the end-user, the program works for me. I have also recommended the program to other stylists that I know.

AC

Alake C.

Law Practice, self-employed

Theft and Fraud

Pros

None, scammer company, will never use again, they stole money from me and refused to refund it.

Cons

I attempted to make an appointment for June 2 and the system made an appointment for June 2 and May 20. The May 20 appointment must have been made in error when the computer froze, as it froze when I was waiting for the confirmation of the appointment to load. I never got a confirmation about a May 20 appointment, only June 2. I never went to the May 20 appointment because I never made it and knew...

LS

Lateema S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Styleseat

Pros

Easy to setup appts Can make payments Reviews on stylist Can find a stylist anywhere

Cons

No problems at all All good here Maybe decline fee

HJ

Hermana J.

Hospitality, self-employed

StyleSeat Review

Great just need more.

Pros

Great everyone knowns about style seats.

Cons

There is really no con. Everything was very easy but limited advertise.

KP

Kenia P.

Finally switching over

Pros

Simple to use at one point, of course over time they changed. Clients found it difficult to use.

Cons

Honestly, the history I had with them. I’ve been using StyleSeat since it was free, and of course once they started charging they upgraded. However over time, the fees got ridiculous. Not only do you pay a monthly fees, your clients pay booking fees. If a client cancels last minute and another clients books that spot, they’ll pay $10 that goes to THEM, NOT YOU. Clients had trouble looking for their own appointments at times, and once in a while the whole app would crash. An entire day of clients without being able to see who’s scheduled next. I can keep going, StyleSeat is not worth it.

VS

Vanessa S.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Pros

I love that you get clients by using this service. You are able to look up services in your area. It is definitely a great marketing tool.

Cons

I don't like That you cant rearrange pictures They raised the cost from 0 a month to 35t hat you have to create an acct to see a profile or book with someone That you have to have add ons as a a service instead of a sub service

TW

Tinisha W.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Things have truly changed

I've been with StyleSeat since the beginning. Now that they charge for the service they have gottten out of hand. I do t mind my fee I'll pay it if that's a requirement of course but charging EACH one of my clients to book each time is OBSERD!!!

Pros

Sometimes It finds new clients for you and it adds them to your schedule.

Cons

It cost for the clients to book, in addition to my monthly fee. L

CW

Charlisa W.

Styleseat booking

It’s the only booking site I use! It’s very effective.

Pros

Fast and reliable booking site for yourself and clients

Cons

A person can book with no money on their card.

Candice H.

Entertainment, 10,001+ employees

Horrible Customer Service/Horrible App

Pros

It lets you find hairstylists in your area when you're new or the service you need for your hair is scarce. In my case, getting relaxers in Los Angeles is like finding water in the desert. It's incredibly hard to find professional hairstylists who know how to do the service. So within these last few years, I've been depending on Stylseat and it's issue after issue constantly.

Cons

Customer service is atrocious. You can't speak to a human, and even when you submit a request (type in all the fields) they still just send an automated response that's incredibly unhelpful. They just-- don't want to do their jobs and that's depressing. If you have time-sensitive policies that require certain actions, not having time-sensitive customer service makes absolutely no sense. I had to change my entire card information just so they wouldn't charge me for a service I no longer needed (and they wouldn't let me change online).

EC

Ednifah C.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Good booking tool for stylist

I love how when I book an appointment with my stylist in NJ, I get friendly emails if I haven’t booked with my stylist in a while. The menu is clear who’s which awesome without having to call the stylist for cost questions!

Pros

I love how I can seatbelt by my city to find a stylist in my area.

Cons

No complaints, booking was made to be easy

AG

Azuri G.

Human Resources, self-employed

Style seat review

Pros

This software is very up to date, I love the fact that you can set up your own schedule!

Cons

I feel as though there could be a little change in the software such as better features!

TW

Tazania W.

Like the Set up

I like the style seat but it could always be better.

Pros

I like that it does save peoples credit card and that there is a cancellation policy available so you do get something when people try to play with your money

Cons

I didn't like the amount it cost a month I feel like it's too much but you do make the money back depending on how good your business is