1. Its free of cost.
2. It is intuitive and easy to learn and use.
3. It is constantly updated and improved. A new version is released on a monthly basis.
4. The support and development teams listen to the customer's needs and take action.
5. Very clean user interface at all levels of the software.
6. Very easy to implement on a large scale as compared to other survey software.
7. Comprehensive set of tools for every level of the survey.
8. Mostly great documentation of functionality and features.
9. A polished, robust, well thought-out product, which a team behind it that seems to really care about delivering the highest quality. Thank you, World Bank.
1. No offline support for data-exchange as of yet. It would be extremely helpful in certain environments where there is no connectivity but there is a need for constant exchange. If this is made possible, we are likely to use Survey Solutions for the Belize 2020 Census.
2. Constant rearrangement/redesign of the supervisor and HQ components. We appreciate the improvements but it causes somewhat constant retraining of staff, or clearing up their confusions upon seeing a different layout.
3. The Interview review panel has one important shortcoming: It is almost impossible, under normal conditions, to distinguish between enabled and disabled questions. Disabled questions are just a tad more "faded", but every single user has had difficulties in making distinctions between enabled and disabled questions. In addition, the enabled filter only allows you to see the enabled questions as a chunk, and not navigate within sections, which would make review much easier.
4. Another wish would be to delete "disabled" answers that were accidentally enabled at some point, after questionnaire is marked as complete or synchronized.
5. We know the roster sizes are constrained by bulk and speed, but a roster size increase for nested rosters (say from 60 to 100) would be nice.
6. No ability to transfer an interviewer between teams, sometimes team composition changes.
7. There is still sometimes a lag upon enabling and disabling questions, especially if hidden.
Response from World Bank Group
Thank you for your thoughtful review!
Regarding point 3 among your Cons, you can hide disabled questions entirely by selecting "Hide if disabled" check box".
Regarding pont 6, it is now possible to transfer cases between interviewers.