Populi Logo

Populi

Cloud based college management solution for colleges

Populi Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.65/10

See full reviews by rating

I believe it's a good product and it has good potential, given the team's impressive efforts toward meet the rapid changing needs of their current and future customers.
Very satisfied and have experienced a great deal of positive and helpful customer support. Really, no walks through a string of phones tree choices to get to someone who can help.
While it may take a moment to input your needed data, the interface is user friendly and the customer service is top flight. Students and faculty celebrate.
Even sending emails to selected students is a hassle. Adding meeting times to courses is awfully difficult and annoying.
We've struggled with finding some features at times, and in the case of marketing automation, we've discovered that Populi's system isn't quite fully-featured enough for our needs.
Compared to some competitors however, Populi is limited.

AU

Abdullah U.

I'd give 6 stars if possible

We've been using Populi since 2013. When we started a new school, we searched for an affordable college management solution that can offer an integrated solution for our basic needs such as admissions, financials, library etc. Populi was our decision and we are extremely satisfied with the product. I used a number of similar software as a student, and I don't know as an administrator's perspective...

DH

Donna H.

Best Student System for Small Colleges

Moving our Student management to Populi was the best decision for our small graduate school. Pricing is scaled to size. It is feature rich and has quickly become the center of our universe. The Populi support team was with us from day one. They converted all of our data and we have never looked back. The data reporting features are flexible and easy to use. This is the best decision we ever made.

Pros

This system was specifically designed with small to medium colleges in mind and it shows.

CD

Chris D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Best choice for SIS/LMS

We have loved Populi from the very beginning. Great program. Great support. Great choice for all your LMS and SIS needs.

Pros

Integration of the LMS and SIS. Ease of use. Video tutorials are great...keeps me from having to make them myself.

Cons

Waiting for a plagiarism integration.

MW

Mahala W.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

We use Populi for a couple of our separate departments websites and they like the ease of access

Pros

The customer service and ease of use with setting up programs on our website has been tremendous. We can have settings however we want them .

Cons

We don't have any complaints for this software. It has been working great the couple of years we have used it.

GS

Gene S.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

This has worked well for us

Previous 2 SIS software were expensive and hard to use. Populis has been a much better fit with staff and students

Pros

Easy for staff to learn. Integrates with the LMS we use

Cons

Some integration glitches, but good tech support.

OK

Ohchang K.

Writing and Editing, 51-200 employees

Recently, this software replaces my school's old Registrar system, and came out, "Successful!!"

This saves my time, labor, and energy. Overall, I am satisfied with this software.

Pros

The two major uses of this software in my institution are managing student's academic progress and student's financial status. The simple feature of the program allows students to easily access their own account and manage those. And how the program presents the contents is also clean and easy-to-look; this is much better then the old program. Students wouldn't miss the critical dates for their academic progress and payments. Also there are some aspects that helps communication between registrar office and students. Dashboard has "Alerts" "The Feed" "Events." And moreover, there is another tab next to dashboard tab, that is, To-dos. This shows the tasks that are assigned to individuals. So the combination of the dashboard features and To-do lists make communication really easy.

Cons

Well it is hard to find a particular part that I do not like. May be some other staffs from different department could find a feature they don't like. But for my use, this program is very well made.

KS

Kevin S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Starting From Scratch

Pros

Going from spreadsheets to Populi was very easy. The system is very intuitive anticipating what data is needed in every screen during the progression of steps used to post student records and effect school administration. It is easy to move around and the data is partitioned in a logical array of tabs and input screens. The staff has a great deal of confidence in the accuracy of posting data and capturing transactions events.

Cons

Reporting of financial transactions make it cumbersome to reconcile and account for transactions.

PS

Paul S.

Shines for the Classroom, Great for the Blended

I have been using school management systems since at least 1992 and course management systems since 1995. Well over 20 years of a dozen different systems, including all of the big names. I just wanted to formally express my delight with Populi. I really believe that on balance, this is the best product I have ever used. It may not be as powerful and have the same smooth work flow as the major...

SW

Susan W.

I love POPULI !

I have been using the system for 3 years now and it keeps getting better and better. I liked it from the beginning and it just keeps improving. The developers listen to their customers and add tools that make our life easier. The response time for questions or help is outstanding. There are many learning tutorials in the help section with instructions and videos to assist in the process of learning...

BS

Brenda S.

Overall this system is very good. We haven't even seen its full potential yet and already very happy with the product. It is a huge improvement over our past system. I see us happy with this for years, particularly when we know the future features to be added.

Pros

The product is easy to use and intuitive.There is much room for continued growth both within our company and our ability to utilize all that populi will be able to do in the future. I am looking forward to the online applications and financial feature. Student access is wonderful as well.

Cons

The product sometimes seems more tied to a business information system that an educational system. The drop down menus get old quickly and are tedious to use particularly when entering dates and state information. It would be nice to have text boxes that pick up as soon as you begin typing.

RS

Robert S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Using Populi As A Classroom Tool-

I have been using Populi for the past 4 years at the college where I teach. As stated earlier, it would not be my choice.

Pros

The ease of setting up your enrollment and grade book is fairly easy. I also liked the feature that allows you to transfer the entries from one semester to the next.

Cons

Of all the higher learning software that I have used, Populi is my least favorite. Once your grade book has been set up, I find that making adjustments at times to be difficult.

EF

Erin F.

Easy to use & great customer service

We switched over to Populi after using a different software for years. Populi makes it really easy to create transcripts and make sure students are on track to graduate. It's great that we can integrate many different components (grades, discipline, housing, finance, etc.) in one location. It makes obtaining information quick and easy. The different roles are great for controlling who has access to what information. Also, customer service has been amazing! Phone calls help because they can see what we see on our screen, which minimizes confusion. Even if we email or submit a request online, we get responses within 24 hours. Their staff is really helpful. Their online tutorials are great as well and they've even reached out to us to do demos.

JM

Jeremiah M.

Great company, great product

I had the pleasure of working with Populi for five years when I worked at a small private college. We were looking for cost-effective college management software that fit our needs. Once we found Populi, we knew we had found the right solution. The user interface is intuitive and well thought out. Students, faculty, and administrators love Populi. It does everything a small college requires and a whole lot more (online courses, academic records, online tuition payments, library, bookstore, etc....). If something didn't work right, or there were features missing, Populi was very good at listening, and often incorporated feature requests into future releases. In my opinion, the best thing about Populi is working with the Populi staff. They are very responsive and a pleasure to work with.

TM

Tammy M.

Great Customer Service

Excellent Customer Service. Staff very helpful and resolve issues promptly. Support staff very knowledgable about the product.

Cons

While new to using Populi, our small school finds Populi easy to use, and staff willing to help.

Ease of use and confidence that the company stands behind their product and ready to assist the suer.

Pros

Tailored for the small school, Populi is very intuitive. They have worked hard to think through typical issues of the user. Almost any question I have had as an administrator was easily addressed in the Knowledge Base. And the few times when I could not find something, the support staff was there with a ready response.

Cons

There is not much guidance for faculty. This deficit is not an issue for younger members who are accustomed to intuitive navigation of new websites. For older faculty, however, this is a stumbling block. That having been said, Populi support staff are willing to do video overview training.

SF

Shane F.

An amazing product that shows amazing maturity for it's age.

An amazing product that shows amazing maturity for it's age. I would put it up against any of the big dogs on the market.

Pros

- Great people to work with. Always quick to find a solution. - This software has all the major components already included to help keep schools running smoothly. - It's a hosted solution so there is no IT costs on us. - They are always adding functionality

Cons

They are still new to the scene so it's not robust. Things like templating , help documentation, and customer customization are still missing. The customer support people will bend over backwards to do these things for you though so it's not a deal breaker.

SD

Sherry D.

Customer Service Is Awesome!

I have used Populi for a few years now. It is very user friendly and meets all of our needs as a small Bible college. The best part about Populi is their customer service. All the guys in tech support are quick to answer, polite, and very knowledgeable. It seems there is always someone on duty, ready to answer any questions I have. For instance, I work in the finance department and realized I had done some transactions incorrectly. This was very nerve racking as a deadline for a report was drawing near. Customer service was able to fix my error behind the scenes just in the nick of time! The program stands on its own feet, but the customer service is the icing on the cake.

JG

Jason G.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Nothing to write home about, but does what it's meant to

Pros

Being a web based college management software, it has its cloud computing benefits for sure. The options available are extensive too.

Cons

Many of the features are half cooked and need a lot more work to be in a finished form. It is basic at best now.

RP

Rob P.

Wesley Biblical Seminary

I wanted to drop a line to you guys and gals at Populi. To be honest, Populi has been one of the most beneficial blessings we have at WBS. You all have given us superb support, data migration, and professionalism. Everyday our team is enjoying the process of learning how to use it more efficiently. Thanks so much.

Pros

Customer Service superb Affordability User Friendly SIS

Cons

Library System not compatible with the MARC system yet.

RL

Raul L.

Excellent Course Mangagement System

Populi is a great college management system. I have been administering the system for 3 years now and no complaints. The design is sleek and very manageable. Populi developers are amazingly open to suggestions in regards to improving their system with additional features from their clients. Their support team speedily respond to emails and in troubleshooting and resolving any issue. I highly recommend Populi as a solution for your institution! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions (from a user standpoint).

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

New to me

Populi helps with evaluation, management and storage of assignments, accreditation of work

Pros

This software is new to me but, in my transition from one higher education institution to another it has been simple and user friendly to understand--looks like it keeps everything in one place, so helpful for student and educator!

Cons

I am still learning it, even though it is user friendly it is not as intuitive as I would like for it (me?) to be

DM

Dr. Mark V.

Populi Delivers

Populi provides a high quality, easy to use college management interface that is adaptable, efficient and effective in meeting the needs of small to mid-size colleges. While it may take a moment to input your needed data, the interface is user friendly and the customer service is top flight. Students and faculty celebrate! Populi provides tried and true solutions to your educational needs.

MK

Mourad K.

Great School Management System!

Populi has been a great tool for our school. It has helped us to manage our data more efficiently. It has made our job easier in many aspects. It has also given our students online access to their information. One of the great benefits of Populi has been how easy it is to use. The customer service has been great. They are very responsive to our needs.

BA

Bev A.

Highly recommend, as it continues to meet our needs.

Highly recommend, as it continues to meet our needs.

Pros

Web access anywhere. Sorry I know you need more specifics but no time today to think through them

Cons

Reporting. Still would like to capture a ton of data on one day to be able to access it, frozen in time, for reporing purposes. Once the date passes to get the same data as of that date (usually day 10) has been difficult or impossible.

GS

Gregory S.

Must Have Service

We've been using Populi's SIS for several years now. Incredibly easy software to use. Sorry I can't rate their service more than 5 stars. If you need something that doesn't come with the service, just ask. We needed customization on the transcript and several days later all we had to do was print the transcript. Nice and neat and very easy.