ThinkWave Educator

Free Gradebook | School Management Software | Grades Online

ThinkWave Educator Reviews

Donnie H.

George C.

This software allows access to grades by teachers, admins, parents, and students alike. It makes keeping track of grades easy and hassle free, so inquiries about them can be answered swiftly.

Aquirra RoEve L.

Cons

Missing discounts the grade from the averaging entirely but makes you aware it is missing, and excused does the same.

George C.

Doing this for 10, 20, 30, 40 and 45 is rather obnoxious and takes up a lot of room in the drop down menu. The same goes when you try and make a check grade.

Benito M.

4.2

Thinkwave Gradebook Pros and Cons

My overall experience with thinkwave has been a very fun adventure

Pros

What I Loved about thinkwave was being able to organize all your assignments, Being able to create more than just ONE class I taught and I am teaching 5 different subjects and I've had a blasted unlike other gradebooks I'm able to show my students exactly were they are at grade wise I am able to show them EXACTLY what had caused them to drop from a 98 to a 65 in just seconds so Think wave can be very helpful to not just students but families as well.

Cons

All in all although thinkwave is great I questioned why it doesn't have its own discipline system because I mean personal experience I don't have time to stop a mini lesson to go through desk drawers and folders just to fill out a discipline referral Form. When if thinkwave were to have it I can A still teach and B it's not as difficult All i have to do is full it out on the grade book it self one last thing I really wish thinkwave allowed teachers to submit grades.

Some quirks but over all time saver

Pros

Being able to show my students exactly what they need to do to pull them up to their desired grade is fantastic. Knowing instantly what a student's work has done for them and showing the student is a great motivator. Showing parents who complain about their student's grades is great too, there's no ambiguity, the numbers are there. The weighting and bonus grades allow some flexibility to reward students who make that extra effort.

Cons

The custom grade scale is an absolute nightmare. My board (and indeed education ministry) uses Levels, not letter grades. 1-, 1, 1+ etc. Because Thinkwave takes the average of the gap between the minimum grade needed to achieve a level and the minimum of the next one, to get a fair number takes a lot of math work, which hurts this English teacher's brain. Example. 3+ should be worth about 77.5....

I didnt prefer the product, it seemed very limited.

Pros

Acoounts were very easy to set up and begin using. Data also seemed easy to input. It had a free option.

Cons

It didnt have a very detailed format amd when printing a report alot of space was wasted by extra spacing.

Great Product and Amazing Service.

Never before has it been easier for students to know their grades and how they are performing in the class more so then it is now. Thinkwave makes it exceptionally easy for students to see what assignments they are missing, how they are performing, and their overall grade in the class.

Pros

Thinkwave also makes it very easy for us to lay out our 18-week course, which we separate into three six week course effortlessly.

Cons

Students have instant access to how they are doing in class. They have very professional customer service as well. Any questions we had were answered promptly; which was most appreciated.

Enhanced Our Ability To Communicate

Pros

Thinkwave has been an outstanding addition to our summer program. Never before has communication with students and teacher been more seamless and effortless the with Thinkwave. Thinkwave improved enhanced our educational system in some ways. Such as: Thinkwave made it easy for parents and students to have access to how their kids were doing Students were able to monitor their assignment and grades There is a much smoother level of communication Student information is held for years

Cons

If you are looking for software that will improve your teaching experience and make it more transparent for teachers, students and parents then this is a program worth using.

A truly immersive and user-friendly app

We found this program to be incredibly beneficial for not only our teachers and staff but also our students. Students can look into their grade book in real-time. Students can see what assignments they missed and take better control of their grades and education. This is a skill we believe will serve them very well in later grades.

Pros

streamlined dozens of records and task into one central location keeping track of grades and attendance has never been easier

Cons

Some students can hack their grades.....

Handle work from the comfort of our homes

Pros

This software makes it extremely easy to monitor and pond to students in an instance. Grading and commenting is effortless and are essential because it is all online answering and residing to people makes it so we can handle work form the comfort of our homes.

Cons

There not get any issue yet. I hope it will go well in the future

Time Abundance Like Never Before

We have gained a considerable amount of time due to Thinkwave. Before using Thinkwave, we were strenuously and arduously recording all our records MANUALLY. You can imagine the time that was lost.

Pros

A host of records such transcripts, grades, attendance and so much more can be completed as well as printed with a few clicks. This saves us money and more importantly TIME.

Cons

We have found no flaws or anything to complain about. Truly an excellent product

A great tool for any busy teacher!

The lesson planning process becomes easier. I can easily check and share students progress.

Pros

Lesson planning has never been that easy! Excellent for keeping track of students' performance. A nice tool to make teacher's job more enjoyable.

Cons

It needs improvements in the grade systems ASAP. Unfortunately, technical support is too poor. No answers to emails at all.

Catch The ThinkWave

Pros

Cons

Depending on your grading system, if its non-traditional for example, it can cause some confusion.

Maintaining Information Has Never Been Easier

Pros

This program is exceptionally convenient and very easy to use. It allows teachers to add assignments as well as enter grades easily. Furthermore, the technical staff (the customer support) is stellar.

Cons

This is a system that is extremely easy to use and gives teachers more time to manage assignment and grades much more effectively. This is indeed the way of the future in regards to learning and educating.

Perfect Grading System

just want to say . it's Perfect Grading System

Pros

*straightforward software to install *free of browser plug-ins

Cons

*No cons. Great software , easy to use .

Reliable grading

Easy to use and deploy. Cloud-based, so I can use on my iPad and school desktop. Does assignment type weighting. Also lets me upload and collect homework. Messaging could be better with automatic emails on demand. But does send weekly update emails.

NO Customer Service

I think this could be a good program. I was very excited about using it and very excited about the price. I purchased it and got help one day and now no one will call me and no one will answer emails. This stinks. I just need a few questions answered but instead my report cards are late because they will not call me. I have left my name and number all week and NOTHING. I;ve sent in an email and NOTHING!!!