Modio Health Logo
Modio Health

Credentials management software for healthcare organizations

visit website

Modio Health Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

See full reviews by rating

My experience with Modio has been wonderful. The implementation process was so seamless and the customer service is incredible.
Overall, we are thrilled with Modio. The user friendly interface doesn’t require extensive training so we were able to jump in benefit from the functionality right away.
They have been great to work, they are very knowledgeable about their product and always helpful.
The inability to limit types of CME used for our group.

Marc S.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Simple and near-instant prescriber verification

Modio has prevented numerous instances of dispensing on prescriptions written by prescribers with inactive state licenses. The most common of these is with physician residents. In our home state, refills are invalid if the prescribers' license is inactive, so those dispenses would have been both illegal and subject to payer refunds. We also caught an OIG exclusion with a week of its posting.

Pros

As both a Compliance and Clinical Officer, our ability to confirm state licensure, DEA, OIG, PECOS, and NPI is necessary for regulatory and accreditation compliance, as well as reimbursement. The problem has been twofold, the amount of time it takes to confirm those credentials directly and the currency of faster confirmation tools. What our staff appreciates most is the ability to confirm credentials and have immediate primary source verification without delaying initial dispensing.

Cons

There are no dislikes with the Modio Carbon software. The most desired improvement is to have Modio Carbon integrate with our pharmacy dispensing software to update prescriber files, which will also improve adjudication and PDMP activities.

Thank you for the great review Marc!

VG

Vanessa G.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

See for yourself

Overall, we are thrilled with Modio! The user friendly interface doesn’t require extensive training so we were able to jump in benefit from the functionality right away. Modio support has been amazing, they clearly welcome feedback and are constantly making improvements. The efficiency and productivity gained by using Modio invaluable. I highly recommend Modio for any size practice.

Pros

My favorite thing about Modio is the Tracking function. It allows for tracking a multitude of follow-up tasks complete with due dates, notes, and the ability to assign tasks to others. All of which are easily searchable and sorted by urgency. My second favorite thing are the reports. The report functions are thorough, versatile, and allow us to perform audits of every variety. We can compare payor lists between providers to discover network participation gaps, audit for missing information in provider profiles, track workflows/expierables, and much more. Performing these tasks prior to Modio was extremely time consuming because the info had to be gathered from a multitude of files rather than a centralized database.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Modio is that I cannot make immediate process adjustments as I discover them. Previously, we had no credentialing software whatsoever so when an insurance released a new version of a credentialing form, changed a fax number, or updated an email address… I could replace the form in our files and update our internal processes on the spot. Now, in order to have forms mapped...

Hey Vanessa - thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that OneView has made your lives easier. As for these specific functionalities, we hear you and understand where you're coming from. We're always working to improve OneView and so we can share this feedback with our team!

SS

Shannon S.

My job just got easier.

I am now able to keep up with expiration dates of medical licenses and certifications in a timely manner. I am able to give the providers a 2-3 month notice of upcoming expiration dates. The providers are happy therefore I'm happy!!

Pros

This software is very user friendly. The training sessions are informative, and the specialists are well trained and competent. Information can be shared with other providers/companies using the software. You can decide what information is shared and what is kept private. Providers are able to sign all necessary documents with DocuSign. This allows for a faster turnaround. Everything is at your fingertips, no more going to individual websites to verify information. You can verify license, DEA, OIG, etc. from the platform.

Cons

Some improvement could be made with the "tags" search options. If you use the tags to search and go to a different screen, the search options are cleared, and you have to set them again.

CH

Chris H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Very difficult to cancel account

was fine until I decided it wasn't the right fit for us.

Pros

The mapped data and documents is helpful if you can get providers to create the account and do everything manually at the outset.

Cons

They send invoices via Quickbooks. No auto-pay. VERY difficult to cancel this service. Still getting invoices despite notification of canceling months ago. Doesn't always sync with the state medical boards, still have to manually enter data. Lack of templated outgoing emails.

Hi Chris, I appreciate the time you've taken to write this review and sorry about your experience. We make it a point to be known for our customer service so this situation caught us off guard. We do actually offer auto-pay and many of our clients use this option. I will be reaching out to you personally within the next 24 hours to touch base. We want to learn more about the situation and how we can make things right. Best, Kirk Health, MD, CEO & Founder of Modio Health

AI

Amanda I.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Modio Review

The overall experience has been great! From the implementation to the customer service follow up, everyone on the Modio team I've worked with has been wonderful! The software has streamlined my department so much, and allows for transparency into the department.

Pros

The tracking steps and the alerts tools are the best feature of this system. It allows me to stay on top of the upcoming expiration's on everything from affiliations appointments to CAQH re-attestations. It allows me to have confidence in my credentialing skills, and for my providers to have confidence in me.

Cons

A small aspect I don't like about this software is I cannot search providers through the quick access in the "Documents" tab. Anytime I'm in the "documents" tab and want to go to another profile, I need to click on a separate tab, search the provider name and click on it. Or I can go back to "team". Both of these creates an unnecessary step to jump provider profiles.

Thank you for the wonderful review Amanda!

JB

Julie B.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Modio is one of the Best Credentialing Software's out there!!

Pros

Ease of use and very user friendly. I especially love he alerts tab that shows me all of my providers items that are set to expire. I can quickly run through it and get out my notices to the provider offices just with a click of a button.

Cons

Nothing at all, I chose this software as they had the most to offer and their customer support is excellent!!

Thank you for your stellar review Julie!

AG

Andrea G.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

5 Star Software

Modio Health has streamlined our credentialing overall. The features of this software such as the expirable tracking, mapped forms, maintaining CMEs and application tracking allow us to work quicker and smarter. The ease of providers entering their information directly to the site helps eliminate the chance of human error. Overall this software has been an asset for our company.

Pros

This software is very user-friendly. Credentialing processes have a lot of details and variables, yet Modio has found a way to streamline the system and process to be user-friendly and utilized easily by providers, office admin, PSV credentialist, and provider credentialist.

Cons

Hospital credentialing and reports could be improved to meet the high standard of the insurance plan credentialing and reports. Overall I wouldn't necessarily call this a con because the Modio staff are excellent at listening to suggestions and taking them to their programmers for possible implementation.

Thank you Andrea for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate all your feedback and really enjoy working with you!

John G.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Product - Better Team

Genuinely one of the best experiences I have had onboarding technology into our workflows.

Pros

I very rarely feel this way about software companies, but the customer service is beyond reproach. Even if the software were bad, this would make all the difference...and it is actually great tech as well. They ACTUALLY take feedback, they don't nickel/dime on training (in fact they are quite generous), they implement quickly... From a software standpoint, they drive efficiency in process, allow tracking and monitoring, document storage, workflow development...it is a really robust, but not overly complicated solution.

Cons

I would use this space to complain about functionality I want...but they have taken our feedback and implemented many of our requests. If I had to be critical, I would say it might be overwhelming if untrained...but they overcome that with great training/implementation and quite frankly the problems this software solves are inherently complicated to begin with.

Thank you so much for your review John!

KG

Kelli G.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Modio - 100% Would Recommend

Modio brought some much-needed organization to our credentialing, contracting, and licensing processes. Not only is the software very user friendly, but the implementation team that I worked with (primarily [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT]) was fantastic! They were incredibly helpful and accommodating, and answered any questions I had during the implementation process. While I miss working with them now, the Modio Support Team is also very helpful, and responds quickly to all of my requests.

Pros

The tracking component is great! It allows us to make sure we are completing timely follow ups on all of our applications in process without losing track of any! It allows me to copy and paste important emails into the tracking notes so I (or my teammates) know where we stand for each application.

Cons

I wish that we could assign tasks on the provider level to show up in the tracking tab. This would allow me to create and track a task like "create NPI" or "update CAQH" that doesn't fall under a specific health plan. I also wish there was a more extensive PSV component, and that they had NCQA accreditation so that Modio could support us in our delegated credentialing down the road.

Thank you Kelli for your stellar review!

Kiara O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Efficiency at it's finest!

Pros

I believe this software is user friendly and accessible for everyone on the operations team. Multiple people can view what licenses are set to expire. This allows for the whole team to send our physicians friendly reminders to renew their licenses. We are also able to pull data such as home address and dob making it easy for us to see where our physicians are licensed and what states they reside in.

Cons

If all the licenses can automatically refresh each month that would be a game changer!

Thank you Kiara!

EA

Ellen A.

MODIO has never let us down from the day one, Always available and always attentive to our needs.

Pros

The software is user friendly, the developers have the knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile to complete a new task with very quick turn around. We love the fact that we are not waiting for the request to be added to a list of items for the next update in 6 months or next time it comes out, they are done very quickly. We receive a note every 1 to 2 weeks notifying us of the updates or changes....

Cons

Some of the reporting was not exactly defined as I needed but has since been improved or provided for our group.

Thank you for your wonderful review Ellen!

MM

Mirella M.

Best Choice I made for our organization

Amazing! From the sales pitch, to ease of transition, training and customer service!

Pros

We recently brought in our credentialing process in house and I was searching for something that would make this huge undertaking as easy as possible. Modio has NOT disappointed in any way. Their set up process was easy, customer service has been nothing short of amazing and the ease of the software is incredible and even though I am new to this software I haven't found anything that they didn't already think about. Have recommended this software to sister organizations and will continue to do so. Modio has not disappointed me in any way!

Cons

At this point I have not found anything that I like least.

Mirella, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of OneView. We are so happy to see you happy!

KM

Kimberly M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Modio Health Software Review

Modio helps us manage the credentialing and enrollment for multiple organizations

Pros

The ease of use compared to other software with similar functionality and it was built to function in a non-linear environment because nothing at work seems to be sequential. You start something, leave and come back to it, etc.

Cons

There were so many ways to set it up and customize it, it was almost overwhelming.

Thank you for the fantastic review Kimberly!

AO

Angela O.

Modio

Pros

The best part is having everything in one place and having access to everything I need on a daily basis. The interface is very user friendly. The time it has saved me is outstanding.

Cons

The inability to limit types of CME used for our group.

Thank you Angela for taking the time to leave a review and some good feedback for us!

JB

John B.

Great Software and a Great Value

The customer support was/is outstanding. They have lots of instructional videos and modules for you to view if you have questions. Also, the actual customer service department has gone above and beyond to help us get up and running.

Pros

The ease of use for this software was great. It was affordable, thorough and organized. The training, follow-up and support throughout the process was fantastic.

Cons

Loading the data. Modio loads quite a bit of the data for you. However, waiting as long as we did to purchase the platform caused us to have lots of information to enter.

Thank you John for your feedback!

VN

Vanessa N.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Somnia

We as a group feel Modio is a great software and are extremely happy.

Pros

Very easy to navigate. Customer Support is extremely responsive and very knowledgeable .

Cons

I feel the reports can be made a little easier

Thank you Vanessa for taking the time to review and giving us some feedback!

VF

Verlie F.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

My honest review

Great!

Pros

The alerts and reports are my favorite aspect of the software.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about the software.

Thank you Verlie for taking the time to leave us a stellar review!

GS

Genevieve S.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great work flow

Our experience has been awesome. From onboarding providers, Credentialing, document storage, customer service, I am impressed. All around an impressive Credentialing tool.

Pros

Intuitive and customer service is responsive to our request to customize for our program

Cons

Reports need to be cleaned up alot prior to sending

Thank you for the awesome review Genevieve!

JH

Jaime H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

My experience with Modio has been wonderful! The implementation process was so seamless and the customer service is incredible!

Pros

Prior to Modio, my team and I were working off of Google Sheets. Modio had made contracting and credentialing much more streamlined. It is so wonderful to have everything in one easy system.

Cons

I would like there to be drop downs in the tracking and have it easier to edit. The last step of the tracking is "contracting complete". Unfortunately, that is not always the case. I would like there to be an option to indicate a denial to assist in appropriate tracking and reporting.

Thank you Jaime for this awesome review and great feedback! We will definitely share this with our product team!!

KS

KANITTA S.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Time Saver

In the long run Modio will become a great tool once we figure out how to utilize all of the features. Right now we are still in implementing the process so it's been time consuming.

Pros

We are new to Modio and are still working through all the features but so far being able to run reports and house all the documents and information on a provider has been easy and a real time saver.

Cons

We utilize Modio to store residents and medical students files and rotations. Customizing fields and hiding features is not always possible so we've have to come up with a data dictionary to help guide us until we can integrate Modio's process with our own.

Thank you Kanitta for taking the time to leave us this awesome review and feedback!

BD

Becky D.

The Most Innovative Team in Credentialing

The Modio team in my experience is by far the most innovative, thoughtful team in the Credentialing software world. They are constantly thinking about how to reduce data entry and make their platform more intuitive and automated. The Modio platform is also one of the most flexible that I have used or demoed. They have been working with us to understand what fields and features we need and which ones just add to the noise. I could not say enough positive things about the Modio team and would recommend their platform to anyone who is looking to take their credentialing processes to the next level.

Cons

Thank you Becky! We love working with you and your team.

RB

Roger B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Review of Modio

Very good product, presentation and support.

Pros

Very easy to use with tons of functionality. Allows great organization of records and alerts for upcoming deadlines. Has good reporting options.

Cons

Interface not yet completed with CAQH. When this gets done will be Fantastic.

Thank you Roger for that great review!!

Harold K.

Medical Practice,

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Excellent, hassle-free credentialing software. Fabulous value.

Fast credentialing help.

Pros

Value. Automatically classifies documents. User interface rocks. Priced right! Took me less than 5 minutes to start using it.

Cons

It's all good. Admittedly, I did not do an in-depth comparison with other products, but this one was just too easy to use.

Thank you for your awesome review, Harold!