Netsmart Helper

Medical practice management software for therapy providers

Netsmart Helper Reviews

Pros

Huge Helper, just like the name of the product. I get peace of mind and ease of work utilizing this software to manage the practice.

Angela G.

Helper is easy to use, functions with ease and the customer support is the best.

Jess Q.

Alisa W.

Jane R.

4.4

Excellent, continuous online education provided for psychologists, social workers and others.

The benefits that I have most enjoyed so far are product updates, customer support and pre-recorded training. I believe that a fundamental benefit is that it helps improve practice operations and return providers to their mission: to provide care.

Pros

I like most is that provides online continuing education Designed for psychologists, counselors, social workers and other fields related to therapy, also that, the Helper Assurance plan, allows you to have unlimited access to all medical processing software resources, training and networks.

Cons

I like the least is that the approach is aimed at behavioral mental health and until now other approaches that can also generate high quality in the attention to clients are excluded.

Overall, Helper is a great PMS that was easy to use and did almost everything that we needed.

We were able to collect a high percent of claims due to the features in the software. We were able to enter new clients quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I had used Helper (formerly Therapist Helper) off and on since 1998. In addition to Helper I have used 2 other PMS. Helper has several different reporting options which provides detailed reports to include aging reports, client demographic reports and allows you to see what your collection rate is. It also has integrated claims processing and credit card processing which works smoothly. Since this is not web-based it has annual fees but does not have monthly fees.

Cons

We actually switched to another PMS a few years ago because Helper had been stating for a few years that they were going to go web-based but never did. We have 2 office locations and used their server version but we wanted to discontinue using a server therefore we needed to switch to a web-based software. I do however sometimes regret switching because Helper had much better feature than our new software.

Not too useful Netsmart Product

We do not feel it is a good investment to us as an integrated solutions to our other Netsmart products.

Pros

It is easy to get started to use the software. Training is simple and intuitive. It is a quite simple tool to install.

Cons

Not all the features that we would like are in the software package. The updates/upgrades are not that useful for our staff to utilize.

Helper is easy to use, functions with ease and the customer support is the best!

Pros

Anytime CMS releases changes/updates to codes and what not, Helper's transition is always seamless. This PMS offers everything we need for our practice. I do not use any other software on a daily. Customer support is phenomenal and always fixes any issues (usually user error ;) I may have with ease and with a super friendly attitude. Reports are always easy to track, customize and generate and having scheduling and claims submission in one place is very convenient!

Cons

I've been using this PMS for almost 11 yrs and the only complaint I can even think of is when you print a patient's list of upcoming appts, it prints all appts not just upcoming ones so if a client has been with us for yrs, their list of appts is really long. But that is something so trivial, it was almost not even worth listing, but I cannot think of any other cons!

I am now retiring but I have used Therapist Helper for at least 15 years. It always met my needs.

Pros

It is a robust practice management system. It always provided a smooth transition for any changes that were required in my field and practice, e.g., ICD or DSM code changes. The best part, however, was that Helper support was always excellent!

Cons

The only complaint I can remember having was that it would print out every insurance company I ever used when I would print mailing labels (this was before I was using Claims Connect). I would often ask Support why I couldn't filter it so it only printed the insurance companies I was actually printing HCFA's for (as it did for responsible parties). It probably is not relevant any more due to electronic claims submission.

I have used Helper in our practice for 9 years and thoroughly enjoy and appreciate it.

Huge Helper, just like the name of the product.. I get peace of mind and ease of work utilizing this software to manage the practice.. so very grateful..

Pros

I have worked on numerous medical software systems over the last 30 plus years and Helper has been the most enjoyable, cost and task efficient, ease of use, and most importantly it is what its name is, a huge Helper...

Cons

There are no least things that I like about this software. As I stated above about the pros, it is truly the best software I have had the pleasure of using to manage the office activities where I have worked for the past 9 years..

Was great, not evolving to meet new demands

easy to set up way back when...now it is complex like most programs

Pros

Decent customer service, not too expensive. The program does what is says it will do and is reliable.

Cons

Have used it for 18 years or so. Was best in class back then...removed phone interface (used to work with Palm pilots!). Needs to have phone/tablet support and most importantly be CLOUD BASED. Also, the user interface was very good 10 years ago...but now it feels clunky. I would change to a different product if it were not so challenging to start over with someone else..i'm sure eventually I will.

Helper Review

Pros

Easy to access all clients information. Able to make a preferences on what information you want to see immediately instead of going to the chart. This makes billing easy if we just looking for quick information.

Cons

The least about this software it’s the billing reports. Reports are confusing to read. Regardless you enter a date range the report still pulls information prior to that period of time.

Patty - Office Manager

Pros

Easy to maneuver around in. The software is very user friendly.

Cons

The only thing I can think of (and honestly, this isn't a big deal) is the ERAs. I think that once the ERA has been processed, it should no longer be in the list. But it is simple to remove from the list manually.

No iOS, Android or Web accessibility; Costly tech support

Used for many years, but haven't tried any version since ver. 8

Pros

Attractive interface allowing quick entry of a CPT /session

Cons

Hasn't kept up w/ the times - no web or mobile device access or web access (they've been working on it for years, but haven't succeeded yet). VERY costly service contracts they push everyone to get, and require for tech support. If they had easily accessed extensive search help online and links to forums from the Help menu would make it much better and easier to use.

Great Software with even better Customer Service

I am able to keep delinquency under control with ease. Each portion of the program is very easy to understand. If you have any problems their customer service is #1.

Pros

Helper software is very user friendly. I have worked with several programs and Helper, by far, is the easiest but most detailed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the Helper software.

Great customer support

Pros

The software is easy to use but the support is wonderful!

Cons

Sometimes runs just a bit slow, but could be our computers

Great customer service

Pros

Ease of use. It makes records keeping a snap

Cons

A little pricey but it is a business expense!

A very helpful software

Pros

I love the support that was available from the customer support team. Any time we had an issue, it was resolved quickly.

Cons

I did not like the "ease of use." This software was not easy to use, however, the customer support was helpful.