Rx30 Pharmacy System Reviews

Rx30 Pharmacy System

Pharmacy management solution for small to large businesses

4.38/5 (53 reviews)

Pros
  • I BEEN TRAINING ON PIONEERRX AND THAAT SYSTEM SEEMS EASY AND USER FRIENDLY. Rx30 Is NOT USER FRIENDLY AND EVEN THE HELP DESK IS NOT CLIENT FRIENDLY.Nirmal K.Read the full review
  • I like how easy this system is to use. If you are not sure, there is an RX university you can go through to help learn every aspect of rx30.Jim H.Read the full review
  • This software is capable to do all the functions the more expensive software systems can do at a better price.Jim H.Read the full review
Cons
  • CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. It used to be incredible the past year has been TERRIBLE.Jathan P.Read the full review
  • NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSTEM. IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY SOFTWARE I USE IN MY PHARMACY AND THAT IS SAYING A LOT.Jathan P.Read the full review
  • There are no real Ques for REfill manager, For New Rx Manager, Faxed Prescriptions, Trouble shooting or rejected prescriptions.Kamal G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Aaron Moniotte

Fantastic Product with Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-06-15

I am very happy with this software. It does what it needs to do and the customer service is exceptional

Pros
Ease of use and customer service that goes above and beyond. Every issue I ran into was well known by their customer service and was handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons
Occasional glitches after software updates, but that is to be expected with anything.

Karen Novacek

Great Product, Great Service

Reviewed 2013-10-29

I am a very small independent retail pharmacy. With the industry changing the way it is, it is crucial to have a system that will provide you with the security, documentation, and billing required. I did a lot of research and HBS was the winner. The intial sales rep was patient and honest and provided very helpful information. Pros: 1. Set up and installation went smoothly. We did it ourselves with there assitance via phone. 2. Equipment has had no problems. We did have a monitor go out under warranty. No issues replacing. 3. Customer service is outstanding. We know how important it is to get reimbursement dollars quickly and how frustrating 3rd party rejections can be. CS readily available on the phone and very knowledgeable. Rectified most issues quickly on the phone or got back to me very promptly. 4. Very helpful with setting up all aspects of the software to get reports, etc 5. Worked with my budget. 6. Included POS system with my purchase. Very useful and again customer service was excellent. Helped get credit cards working, set up AR accounts, PSE sales. Excellent for getting tax reports, billing and other documentation. Cons: None really to speak of. Some glitches after updates or 3rd party required changes, but that is with any update anywhere. Customer service was aware of glitches and those problems were rectified very quickly. It took me a while to get used to pushing "tab" key instead of 'enter' but that is not a problem anymore:) Overall, I am very pleased with the product and the service. If you are looking for an economical system that can take care of virtually every aspect of the retail pharmacy business, you really need to check out HBS. With all of the regulations, etc...it is imprtant to have a system capable of taking care of those needs, but also be able to use the product effectively. HBS is your answer. Hopefully this info will be helpful to some of you out there. I know how overwhelmed I was in trying to choose a system. I am very happy with my choice and I think you would be too.

Kamal Gill

I been a Rx30 client for 3 months. I am having daily issues, with no successful help from Rx30 staff

Reviewed 2018-01-03

I am a pharmacist since 2005 and I have opened 3 pharmacies before this new store I have now, and I have never experienced so many issues with a pharmacy management system as I have with TDS Rx30. I have spent money on the system and training so far, and I have experienced zero benefit. The system has costed my actual money, wasted time, and created daily stress while using the system. The system has not been operating as designed since It was setup initially and the Rx30 techs can attest to that. I have asked for lots of help over the last 3 months to fix certain issues, but they have failed to fix the issues. Rx30 service reps are very quick to assume and claim that the issues are there either because we did not get enough training or because we did something wrong. This is a lennox based system and so each command/feature has to be used very methodically. The Rx30 system is spread out all over the screen and you need to know where to go if you want to accomplish anything. On the bottom, there is a list of commands going from the left to the right of the screen, that have sub-numbered commands averaging any where from 10-20 sub-commands. To input a new prescription, you have to go to a different area, to edit the same prescription after, lets say it gets denied by the insurance, you have to go to a diffferent area. To see what you got paid on a certain prescription, you have to go to a different area. Besides that, Medications are billed as packages (like inhalers), some in grams, some in milliliters, some in units (there is no consistency; this results in mistakes). As I mentioned before, there are no Ques Or boxes for things like Refills, pending refill, electronic prescriptions, future dated prescriptions (these items are buried under different commands on the bottom of the screen, as sub-numbered commands). The Rx30 system and the POS do not operate as one. They do not operate and communicate back and forth. They have a delivery App that can be downloaded on a tablet, which is great, but if you ringout a prescription for delivery, its is very difficult to return it to HOLD incase patient declines the prescription. It's a long tedious process. The signature capture device and the register communication and commands are wierd and slow (for example, when using a credit card, patients get to chose from Debt US, Debt Credit ). Lots of confusion occurs at the register because it is slow and tedious to use. My experience over has been costly.

Cons
very rigid in and not easy to work with. no real workflow (workflow goes only one way from Input to Packaging and Rx Review). Rx and POS system don't communicate two way (to put a prescription back from Will-call to Hold, you have to manualy change the status from Will call to Hold, or be able to edit the rx. The system commands, such as Rx Input, packaging, RPh final verfication, ability to edit rx, to reverse/edit rx, put on hold are all over the screen and have to work with F (F1-F8) buttons on the screen. You have to use both mouse and Keyboard for best functionality. System has a huge time lag of 3-10 minutes from my experience, if Rph sends prescription back to be edited to input tech for correction before it comes back even if the technician fixes it immediately. The Reject button (F5) on RPH verfication screen allows you to REJECT a prescription with reason, but it has no purpose since it does not send the prescription back to the tech. There are no real Ques for REfill manager, For New Rx Manager, Faxed Prescriptions, Trouble shooting or rejected prescriptions. The Auto Refill has not worked since I opened 3 months ago because they can't figure out the Universal Pharmacist role or Virtual pharmacist. You can Que a prescription to be filled in the future on a certain date, but on that date, you have to manually go process that prescription. The service desk does not return calls in a timely manner. we have 3 issue tickets open daily.

al spitale

al spitale , majoria drugs metairie, la

Reviewed 2016-12-01

Majora's has been an hbs customer for many years, we have always had a good working relationship and have always found them to be ready and willing to answer any challenge, and we have had a few over the years.the support team is very responsive to any challenges we have. I would recommend them . special thanks to my reps, my go to people

Pros
good support, friendly people

John Brittin

Top of the Line Pharmacy Software

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Rx30 has been a part of my pharmacy for many years and has always been easy to work with. Rx30 always trys to be as convenient as possible for it's customers. Growing with them at their own rate.

Pros
Rx30 turns your average pharmacy system into a customizable portal that allows for personal patient care from a 21st century pharmacy.

Cons
It can take a couple of hours to get in contact with customer service when you have an issue. Customer service is always very helpful when you are able to get a hold of someone though.

Sedly Barsness

Long time customer

Reviewed 2016-07-14

I have always had quick and positive feedback from all departments in HBS. If I had a question on charges the credit department call me back within 30 minutes. Hardware was excellent to work with never had a complaint.

Pros
The pharmacy system was the easiest system to use. When I had relief pharmacist said it worked with other systems ours was the easiest pick up.

Cons
I don't really have any cons on the software.

Jim Hok

RX30 is an intuitive pharmacy software system that is capable to do the many different functions.

Reviewed 2018-06-22

Pros

Cons
I like least about the customer support. I usually have to wait at least 30 minutes and most times even longer for someone to help me. It especially was a bigger problem when the POS changed.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Justin Rice

HBS Review

Reviewed 2016-07-19

HBS software is straight-forward and user-friendly. Tech support is always there for us and most helpful whenever we need them.

Pros
Quick, user friendly. Keyboard-based interface that does not constantly require mouse use, or counter space taken up by mousepad.

Cons
Weather related power outages require us to sometimes call to have some features reset, but not a fault of the operating system itself.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Toby Porter

Reporting was the prompt to my call.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Pros
Ease of use and detailed functionality. Constant updates and changes to the software means not getting left behind in the industry.

Cons
Some updates are not "necessary". This translates to additional key strokes and slower processing times.

Brian Smith

Its simple..... THE BEST

Reviewed 2016-12-02

With this software, you have absolute control operation with all the interfaces, which allows you to not have to make other investments, easy handling....... THE BEST

Pros
control operation and constant updates.

Cons
really like all.

Christine Ackal

Transaction Data Systems (Rx30) Pharmacy Software

Reviewed 2019-07-01

While under warranty my server went down. It took the entire day with no software to get up and running on an alternate computer in the pharmacy. That was only after waiting 45 minutes on hold to get support. Instead of sending me another server the staff sent 3 different Dell technicians out that were unable to fix my server. Only then, at my request, did they agree to have my server shipped to them while I got a loaner. After 3 months I received my server back still broken. After shutting the pharmacy down 3 times for over an hour they sent a Dell technician that confirmed the hard drive was not installed. Rx30 tells me it was working when it left the facility and that the "hard drive must have come out during shipping". My request for a discount on support was ignored. This occurred in November and was not fixed until March. Now I am operating on an old version because the one I was using when the software went down would not work. To say they have no appreciation for their customers is an understatement. The staff at Rx30 will not make any adjustments on their end but have no problem leaving you unoperable with no pharmacy software. I will definitely not purchase Rx30 again and highly recommend buying a different pharmacy software.

Pros
What I like most about this software is that I have grown accustom to using the program.

Cons
The customer support is horrible. Initially, just trying to get someone on the phone is next to impossible. The fees are outrageous for support and transmission. The Rx30 team does not treat you as a valued customer. The support that you pay an extreme amount for is fair at best.

Nirmal Kang

Rx30 is NOT RECOMMENDED to anyone that worked on windows system. System/Service/people is horrible.

Reviewed 2018-01-12

NO BENEFITS AT ALL. WE wasted a lot of time on training, lot of time on the phone trying to solve issues/problems with the help desk. They dont call back many times. The same problems come up on a weekly basis. I have a computer technician degree and this system is not designed good. too many commands, too many buttons to push to get something done. NOT RECOMMENDED. SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. Most systems have something positive, but so far, I have not able to come up with anything. I am a technician and I work with system for 3 months. System very hard to learn. all Commands are in many different places, and this causes me to spend lot of time inputting, filling, rebilling, or inputting patient demographics. Nothing to like about the software and whenever i speak with their help desk about issue, they say that its user error and training issue. They don't admit that the system has many flaws. One of their employee come onsite to train and even she said the system has many issues and she can't get them to fix it. She dont have any answers to some questions because she know the system does work well. BY BOSS IS SO FED UP WITH THESE GUYS, HE IS CHANGING TO PIONEERRX ONLY AFTER 3 MONTHS . I BEEN TRAINING ON PIONEERRX AND THAAT SYSTEM SEEMS EASY AND USER FRIENDLY. Rx30 Is NOT USER FRIENDLY AND EVEN THE HELP DESK IS NOT CLIENT FRIENDLY.

Cons
-There is a long list of stuff not to like. My experience as a tech working with Rx30 has been frustrating and Time consuming to say the least. Every day I have to call Rx30 with several issues and each time they generate a ticket on which they suppose to call. Half of the time, they don't call back to help. I don't know if they ignore us because the owner piss them off or they don't care about their customers. To list some off the issues. 1) Every time we RTS medications from will-call thru workflow, atleast few medications get stuck in the system every time. WE call to get it fixed each time and it happens again next time (time wasted) 2) Sometimes when we put prescriptions ON HOLD and we go process them later in the future, something is always missing on the prescription (either the sig, or the original image, or origin code. (again this results in wasted time) 3) Sometimes when i bill a secondary insurance for split-bill, this system does not recognise it on refill and you have to manually double bill. Other systems i worked on do not require that. 4) For cash prescritions, they have to be actually REVERSED for some reason. This not make sense. Why we have to Reverse a Cash Claim. It will not let me change the prescription info.. 5) WHen adding doctors or new drug, sometimes the system lets you add the doctor/drug from the inputting screen, sometimes you have to go to a totally different screen to carry out that function. (again time wasted) 6) SYSTEM not good.

Frank Bieda R.Ph.

HBS Software review

Reviewed 2014-08-20

We have been using HBS for about 5 years and the system has served us well. We have ben using the RxAXIS version. We also purchased the POS register that interfaces with the HBS system. The RxAXIS system will handle all of your day to day processing needs quickly and efficiently. We especially like the coordination of benefits feature that allows us to bill a primary and secondary insurance. Also, the COB feature allows us to process all of the coupon cards from the drug manufacturers. Recently , we started a delivery program to patients in the hospital upon discharge. The hand held device which interfaces with the POS system allow us to deliver at bedside, record signatures, and except payment in real time from all of the major back cards. The support on the POS side as been outstanding! Support for the pharmacy management system has been good also, I would qualify it as 8 out 10. The system is very stable and does not crash!! The HBS system has a lot of standard reports for monitoring your business but at times I wish that they were a little more flexible. There are times that I want to extract specific information and can't quite find the right report or I am unable to modify the statndard reports to meet my needs. There is no perfect system. Overal, I rate the HBS system and it's suport people 9 out of 10.

Glenn Abraham

HBS development of the TCG retail interface for AdherePac

Reviewed 2016-03-15

After working very closely with Karen Tredinnick and her development team over the last six months, HBS has completed development on the TCG Retail Interface for AdherePac. We were able to satisfy all state and federal requirements for the proper labeling of TCG AdherePac pouches for the retail environment. Additionally we were able to modify the nursing home module's method of sending files to the TCG ATP to better suit the complexity of a retail patient's profile and streamline the process in which the file was sent. Furthermore, the fact that I also use a ScriptPro robotics system required additional efforts to ensure medication fills were not duplicated across both platforms and this goal was achieved. I now have the ability to service both LTC and retail patients with my AdherePac system while meeting the unique requirements of both of those environments. The flexibility to develop and custom program interfaces like these in a timely fashion is something I feel HBS was more than receptive to and willing to execute. As a technology rich store I rely on this kind of support to make new programs and technology work seamlessly with my host system which is why I fully support the whole team at HBS.

Chase Duer

I used Rx30 working as a pharmacy technician before becoming a teacher.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
Rx30 is very user friendly and simple to use, once you spend time learning the menus, which are themselves easy to navigate. Printing reports, entering prescriptions, and maintaining stock was a breeze with Rx30.

Cons
My one con for Rx30 is the POS system. The POS was on a server that consistently froze. I am not sure that this was the software, and perhaps a hardware glitch.

Mark Adams

Great service, very easy to use. No one has more capabilities to drive revenue and adherence By f

Reviewed 2017-08-24

Pros
Adherence and education Great service, literally live Great functionality Very easy to transition to them, training staff was great

Daniel Thompson

An older software that is still snappy and functional.

Reviewed 2018-03-16

Pros
It has a fairly easy format to get used to. It has a surprising amount of features and allows for a smooth workflow.

Cons
Sometimes communications go down. That being said, the customer service and IT team are on the ball and will quickly get you back up and running.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Adam Myers

Great Customizable System

Reviewed 2010-07-26

I would recommend any pharmacy looking at a host system to give HBS a try. The key strokes are minimal and customizable at that. As business grows or changes it seems that HBS has a solution ready to make the sytem work better on an individual basis.

Pros
I have been very pleased with the HBS system. It seems that no matter what problem I give to support they find a way to make it happen. I have had many things customized to fit the needs of my stores, and HBS has come through with those request. The windows based system is easy to navigate and also has interfaces with just about every type of robotic or work flow system available to date.

Cons
I really haven't found many. Like any computer product things will come up that take time to fix, but nothing really sticks out at this time. We operate some high volume retail stores off of one server and have not experienced any downtime due to server issues.

Paul Iverson

RxGeneysis combines dispensing and patient care all in one system!

Reviewed 2014-09-16

Pros: We use HBS RxGenesys program. It is the only system I know that combines dispensing functions with patient care. The dispensing functions are easy to use and right inside the same chart we can make all of our clinical notes related to patient care including MTM. It meets all the requirements needed for Minnesota Medicaid's MTM requirements. Great for dispensing and with a few tweaks it could be great for patient care. Even saying that there is nothing I have seen on the market that comes even close. Cons: They need to finish a few features of the system related to reporting a current med list but the free form space for charting allows a work around for now. Overall: Great dispensing system and more important to me and others who see patient care as the future of pharmacy it provides the ability to document patient care as part of the dispensing system. Customer service is great which took them some time after they acquired the old JasCorp system but they listened and made the necessary changes.

Robert Doganiero

Reviewed 2015-08-08

We have been using HBS Software for over 30 years. In fact we were one of HBS's original customers. We have always found using this software straight forward and easy. New enhancements are always being made to meet our needs in fields such as billing, reports, etc. All of these factors allow for greater ease of use and greater efficiency. If there are any problems or questions, we have always found Customer Service quick to respond. They always resolve any issues in a timely manner. We have two part time pharmacists who worked at chain pharmacies. They both stated that using the HBS Software was by far easier and more complete than the software packages they were previously using. This allow us to quickly acclimate them into the process thus saving time and money during their training period. I have been an HBS customer since the use computers in pharmacy started. I would highly recommend using HBS software and all of the services of HBS to anyone.

Jathan Payne

Customer Service is TERRIBLE

Reviewed 2019-02-27

NO ONE WILL RETURN A PHONE CALL NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSTEM IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY SOFTWARE I USE IN MY PHARMACY AND THAT IS SAYING A LOT MY LICENSE NUMBER IS 106010 IF YOU WANT TO DISPUTE MY REVIEW FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST TIME YOU RETURNED MY CALL

Pros
Easy to use and used to be great until the last year

Cons
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE it used to be incredible the past year has been TERRIBLE

Missy James

Kudos! From a long time customer and self proclaimed problem child of pharmacy software...

Reviewed 2016-03-02

HBS has served us since 1998 with excellent customer service, an ideal retail software model, and some of the nicest folks in the industry. As the title of our review indicates, we consider ourselves the squeaky wheel of software users because we are a compounding only pharmacy and have many special needs. In spite of the problems associated with creating and perfecting new software modules, HBS has continuously updated, upgraded and innovated to bring us what we need to run our business in the most efficient and cost conscience manner. We have been very satisfied with the product, the price and mostly the people who stand behind it. Even though they are Yankees and talk funny, we love them and appreciate them and the massive effort they put forth to satisfy us slow talking southerners.

R Masuda

HBS for your pharmacy

Reviewed 2010-08-23

If you are preparing for the future and would like a software company that is stable, reactive to your needs and a voice of reason, you should be using the HBS Pharmacy System. I have based many opportunities on whether, with HBS, I can grow with confidence and profitability with the influx of referrals and also the requirements of the new referral (eg, LTC facility with their new software with e-MAR and e-prescribing functionality...HBS was already connected).

Pros
Tremendous attributes for daily operations, for operational & business management, inventory control and integration into other parallel healthcare software (eg, Medicine-On-Time). The support and ease of use have no peers!

Cons
None. Usual problems are due to my own operational issues.

PETER Ng.

clunky, not user-friendly, hard to get support

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
I was told that it is a more secure system since it is not a window based, meaning it is less than likely to get hacked or get infected.

Cons
almost everything. Everything takes so many steps. As a user, you have to know where to go, everything is hiding behind the function keys (F1, F2, F4, etc...).

Richard Pearson

A Busy Pharmacy A Workhorse of a PIC

Reviewed 2015-08-07

We are a LTC pharmacy utilizing HBS with over 20 workstations in our network. We use the batch processing capabilities of the system for cycle billing which makes management of over 300 facilities and 3,500 beds manageable. Our system has interfaces with Docutrack, Medicine on Time, EMars, Net Rx, and Mevesi. A lot of moving parts, handled well by the software! We find the software to be durable and the support to be excellent. We have access to customer support for questions and issues, programming for enhancements, and hardware for times when they are needed. While the software does not have the "pretty" features of a true windows based program, the core programs are functional, robust and easy to learn.