Rx30 Pharmacy System Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.77/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Even though they are Yankees and talk funny, we love them and appreciate them and the massive effort they put forth to satisfy us slow talking southerners.
Around 6 months after that, I upgraded the system. I am very happy with HBS, and glad I decided to give it a try.
Included POS system with my purchase. Very useful and again customer service was excellent.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. It used to be incredible the past year has been TERRIBLE.
Every time we RTS medications from will-call thru workflow, atleast few medications get stuck in the system every time. WE call to get it fixed each time and it happens again next time (time wasted).
Lots of confusion occurs at the register because it is slow and tedious to use. My experience over has been costly.

Aaron M.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Fantastic Product with Great Customer Service

I am very happy with this software. It does what it needs to do and the customer service is exceptional

Pros

Ease of use and customer service that goes above and beyond. Every issue I ran into was well known by their customer service and was handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Occasional glitches after software updates, but that is to be expected with anything.

EM

Emily M.

/great system

great, customer service could be better. hard to get an immediate response unless you do an online chat.

Pros

Integration is great inventory system is easy to use filling rx will never be easier

Cons

none. not many cons. it is a easy system.

NK

Nirmal K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Rx30 is NOT RECOMMENDED to anyone that worked on windows system. System/Service/people is horrible.

NO BENEFITS AT ALL. WE wasted a lot of time on training, lot of time on the phone trying to solve issues/problems with the help desk. They dont call back many times. The same problems come up on a weekly basis. I have a computer technician degree and this system is not designed good. too many commands, too many buttons to push to get something done. NOT RECOMMENDED. SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. Most...

Pros

Cons

-There is a long list of stuff not to like. My experience as a tech working with Rx30 has been frustrating and Time consuming to say the least. Every day I have to call Rx30 with several issues and each time they generate a ticket on which they suppose to call. Half of the time, they don't call back to help. I don't know if they ignore us because the owner piss them off or they don't care about their...

KN

Karen N.

Great Product, Great Service

I am a very small independent retail pharmacy. With the industry changing the way it is, it is crucial to have a system that will provide you with the security, documentation, and billing required. I did a lot of research and HBS was the winner. The intial sales rep was patient and honest and provided very helpful information. Pros: 1. Set up and installation went smoothly. We did it ourselves...

AB

Andy B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Terrible Customer Support

Customer support used to be excellent. For the first few years we could reach someone who took ownership of the problem and got it resolved. Lately, support has become terrible. Very friendly people who answer the calls or chats, but are only able to record information and create a case. No followup, even when return calls are promised. I've now had a case opened for 12 days and 4 different "technicians" have become involved, but nobody is working on the problem.

Pros

Very feature rich, supports almost every pharmacy management function desired.

Cons

We like all the features of this software. It's an excellent product. As long as nothing goes wrong.

TC

Todd C.

Buyer beware

No benefits.

Pros

The e prescribing feature is easy to use.

Cons

There is always a problem somewhere in the system. Unless you are very familiar with the software you need to contact customer service. If you need customer service you are out of luck because it doesn’t exist as far as I can tell.

as

al s.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

al spitale , majoria drugs metairie, la

Majora's has been an hbs customer for many years, we have always had a good working relationship and have always found them to be ready and willing to answer any challenge, and we have had a few over the years.the support team is very responsive to any challenges we have. I would recommend them . special thanks to my reps, my go to people

Pros

good support, friendly people

JB

John B.

Top of the Line Pharmacy Software

Rx30 has been a part of my pharmacy for many years and has always been easy to work with. Rx30 always trys to be as convenient as possible for it's customers. Growing with them at their own rate.

Pros

Rx30 turns your average pharmacy system into a customizable portal that allows for personal patient care from a 21st century pharmacy.

Cons

It can take a couple of hours to get in contact with customer service when you have an issue. Customer service is always very helpful when you are able to get a hold of someone though.

SB

Sedly B.

Long time customer

I have always had quick and positive feedback from all departments in HBS. If I had a question on charges the credit department call me back within 30 minutes. Hardware was excellent to work with never had a complaint.

Pros

The pharmacy system was the easiest system to use. When I had relief pharmacist said it worked with other systems ours was the easiest pick up.

Cons

I don't really have any cons on the software.

Jim H.

Retail, 51-200 employees

RX30 is an intuitive pharmacy software system that is capable to do the many different functions.

This software is capable to do all the functions the more expensive software systems can do at a better price.

Pros

I like how easy this system is to use. If you are not sure, there is an RX university you can go through to help learn every aspect of rx30.

Cons

I like least about the customer support. I usually have to wait at least 30 minutes and most times even longer for someone to help me. It especially was a bigger problem when the POS changed.

Zeki u.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

La mejor compañía de farmacéutica

Usamos el servicio diariamente ya que estamos envueltos en el rubro farmacéutico y gracias a Rx30 nuestra labor se ha vuelto mucho más llevadera, lo que hacíamos en un día hoy podemos hacerlo en 1 hora gracias a ellos.

Pros

Sinceramente hace mucho tiempo trabajamos con esta compañía y nos ha sido de gran ayuda la implementación de sus servicios a nuestra empresa. Poseen un inventario y sistema totalmente completos en farmacéutica y con la tecnología más actual para tener un mejor desempeño, estamos muy contentos con Rx30.

Cons

Nos gusta todo, trabajar con Rx30 fue nuestra mejor decisión.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

LW

LORI W.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

NOT A GOOD BUY

I cannot think of anything special about this system. Any pluses that the software may have is far outweighed by the poor support piece that is presently in place.

Pros

The customer support people are very nice, but there needs to be a greater amount of people to address the problems. The software is adequate.

Cons

The time it takes to respond to a problem is horrifying. For example, the POS, point of sale, at our store has been down since mid Monday. It is now Thursday, and the same promise that we have received for the past 4 days is "tomorrow", or "we will escalate the problem". This is causing extreme customer dissatisfaction because we are unable to process credit or debit cards. After we do finally get...

CA

Christine A.

Transaction Data Systems (Rx30) Pharmacy Software

While under warranty my server went down. It took the entire day with no software to get up and running on an alternate computer in the pharmacy. That was only after waiting 45 minutes on hold to get support. Instead of sending me another server the staff sent 3 different Dell technicians out that were unable to fix my server. Only then, at my request, did they agree to have my server shipped to them...

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I have grown accustom to using the program.

Cons

The customer support is horrible. Initially, just trying to get someone on the phone is next to impossible. The fees are outrageous for support and transmission. The Rx30 team does not treat you as a valued customer. The support that you pay an extreme amount for is fair at best.

KG

Kamal G.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

I been a Rx30 client for 3 months. I am having daily issues, with no successful help from Rx30 staff

I am a pharmacist since 2005 and I have opened 3 pharmacies before this new store I have now, and I have never experienced so many issues with a pharmacy management system as I have with TDS Rx30. I have spent money on the system and training so far, and I have experienced zero benefit. The system has costed my actual money, wasted time, and created daily stress while using the system. The system has...

Pros

Cons

very rigid in and not easy to work with. no real workflow (workflow goes only one way from Input to Packaging and Rx Review). Rx and POS system don't communicate two way (to put a prescription back from Will-call to Hold, you have to manualy change the status from Will call to Hold, or be able to edit the rx. The system commands, such as Rx Input, packaging, RPh final verfication, ability to edit...

JR

Justin R.

1-10 employees

HBS Review

HBS software is straight-forward and user-friendly. Tech support is always there for us and most helpful whenever we need them.

Pros

Quick, user friendly. Keyboard-based interface that does not constantly require mouse use, or counter space taken up by mousepad.

Cons

Weather related power outages require us to sometimes call to have some features reset, but not a fault of the operating system itself.

TP

Toby P.

Reporting was the prompt to my call.

Pros

Ease of use and detailed functionality. Constant updates and changes to the software means not getting left behind in the industry.

Cons

Some updates are not "necessary". This translates to additional key strokes and slower processing times.

BS

Brian S.

Its simple..... THE BEST

With this software, you have absolute control operation with all the interfaces, which allows you to not have to make other investments, easy handling....... THE BEST

Pros

control operation and constant updates.

Cons

really like all.

FB

Frank B.

HBS Software review

We have been using HBS for about 5 years and the system has served us well. We have ben using the RxAXIS version. We also purchased the POS register that interfaces with the HBS system. The RxAXIS system will handle all of your day to day processing needs quickly and efficiently. We especially like the coordination of benefits feature that allows us to bill a primary and secondary insurance. Also,...

GA

Glenn A.

HBS development of the TCG retail interface for AdherePac

After working very closely with Karen Tredinnick and her development team over the last six months, HBS has completed development on the TCG Retail Interface for AdherePac. We were able to satisfy all state and federal requirements for the proper labeling of TCG AdherePac pouches for the retail environment. Additionally we were able to modify the nursing home module's method of sending files to the...

CD

Chase D.

Used other for 2+ years

I used Rx30 working as a pharmacy technician before becoming a teacher.

Pros

Rx30 is very user friendly and simple to use, once you spend time learning the menus, which are themselves easy to navigate. Printing reports, entering prescriptions, and maintaining stock was a breeze with Rx30.

Cons

My one con for Rx30 is the POS system. The POS was on a server that consistently froze. I am not sure that this was the software, and perhaps a hardware glitch.

MA

Mark A.

Great service, very easy to use. No one has more capabilities to drive revenue and adherence By f

Pros

Adherence and education Great service, literally live Great functionality Very easy to transition to them, training staff was great

JR

JIM R.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Was great, now not the case!

In the past, I shouted from the mountain tops how good Rx30 was. Now all of a sudden it has went to the crapper!

Pros

Functional and independent minded, can customize infinitely.

Cons

Customer Support is horrific! Was VERY good now I feel like I am an island in the middle of a hurricane. Nowhere to turn and can't get a voice on a telephone in a timely manner. Just a recent change in customer support is making me start to look for other pharmacy dispensing software. IT IS TERRIBLE!

pm

peter m.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Worst technical support EVER

If I have a problem I am pretty much on my own to solve it...

Pros

Very functional, although somewhat rigid. Very capable, actually other than a lot of stop edits, this OS is very good for the money.

Cons

Technical support is nil. Ticket after ticket goes unanswered, or MAYBE they will call you back in a week or so. I have been using this software short of 6 months, and I believe I know more about the system than the people that answer the technical support line. They have yet to transfer my e-script images from my last software.

DT

Daniel T.

An older software that is still snappy and functional.

Pros

It has a fairly easy format to get used to. It has a surprising amount of features and allows for a smooth workflow.

Cons

Sometimes communications go down. That being said, the customer service and IT team are on the ball and will quickly get you back up and running.

AH

Arbi H.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Very bad customer service.

Bad

Pros

Prescription processing and insurance billing is fast

Cons

Very bad customer service. My recent issue was for a simple label adjustment, I had to call 4 times (about 40 minutes hold time each time I called) and chatted 3 times regarding this issue and no one from label department Calls back. As I write this review, I am on hold with them (18 minutes). And this is not the only customer service issue.