WellSky Home Health Logo

WellSky Home Health

Web-based software solution for home health agencies.

WellSky Home Health Reviews

3.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend6.39/10

Reviews by rating

Note forwarding is a very good feature and and medication auto fill save time. Also like that I can save templates on various diagnosis.
The ease of training, and the xtra trading videos were a big help. I liked the price of the software.
I am the clinical leader and co-owner of a privately held medium sized home health care company. We have been using Kinnser for two years and are very happy.
But unfortunately after the new version took place everything seem to go down hill. We started having problems generating claims, we were losing data with each software update :( Very disappointing.
Support is terrible and rarely responds, and when they do it's normally a condescending conversation. I've used Kinnser for over 8 years and will look for another solution which is sad.

RD

Richard D.

The Best I have Ever Used!

Pros

I haven't used such an easy system for Home Health. I have had some pretty difficult systems but Agency manager by far is the easiest!

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to think of but one I could say would be sometimes it freezes up on me and makes me lose what I was working on but that never really happens often for us. When it does, we just give the technical support a call and they usually just tell us it was a glitch and it should be fine if we log out and back in.

DA

Dyllan A.

We Love Kinnser

When I joined the company over 2 years ago, I was taught the ropes of Kinnser Agency manager and Kinnser Hospice. I thought and still think that it was very easy to navigate and learn everything I needed to know!

Pros

This is a great product with fast response times and amazing functionality. One click and you are right where you need to be.

Cons

Sometimes it's very slow and customer service isn't very helpful. They have slow response times and sometimes even tell us they are unable to help.

JP

Jane P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

This product does not come up to the promises made at initiation

Our team will never recommend Kinnser. Their staff are difficult to work with which does not help.

Pros

Use of iPads. The kmail system. There are really no Pros to this product to be discussed. It has been a constant up-hill struggle.

Cons

Where to begin. Customer support is awful....they promise to get back to you and then do not follow up so when you call back they do not know what you are talking about. We are a rural Home Health agency and are often out of service area and Kinnser has an offline feature that they charge extra for but that is cumbersome to use and usually does not work. There is no automatic save on any clinical...

JB

James B.

Satisfied

Had never had a software system like this, so initial learning curve high. But after that would not want to be without it.

Pros

Very geared for our industry

Cons

Have to be very exact w info entered

AC

Ashleigh C.

Public Safety, 1-10 employees

Positive experience

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the system froze up and it would be a couple of hours before it started properly working again.

BC

Brittany C.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Not what we needed

This system wasn't for us. Kinnser houses several smaller agencies and doesn't have the capability for a larger agency that does a lot of business. For a paperless system, we still use a lot of paper and man power to make sure things get done timely and efficiently.

Pros

There were very few pros for this. I liked the functionality for the clinicians and the sticky notes. I liked the ability to change their review percentages and I liked their workflow for reviewing items, but there were a lot of pros to this, as well. I liked that it was web based.

Cons

It lacked a lot of functionality and the ability to create hardstops; clinicians were able to submit blank notes and Oasis just so they could get paid. The QA process was lengthy. Everything had to be double checked because the ability to submit notes without hardstops. The QA percentage could be dropped, but missed visits wouldn't still go to QA manager so that the supervisor would know to make sure the physicians were notified. There are several gaps in the system.

MH

Melissa H.

Expensive for features

Pros

Ease of use. Could pull up and see schedule on main screen.

Cons

What ever you needed you had to prepare yourself . The program is a just a shell

DP

Danei P.

Overall easy to learn

The software improved significantly when the progress to goals was added

Pros

Easy to document all in one page. No need to go to different areas of a patient chart to add information regarding your visit/assessment

Cons

Not a lot of free text area on the assessment to document information not preset as part of the assessment form.

WM

Whinley M.

its an ok software

Pros

PPS PLUS is what it is carrying for me right now. It basically is probably what makes it unique from other softwares. You don't need an icd 10 book to finish coding. PPS Plus so far is accurate and a perfect guide.

Cons

The ease of use as what their marketer says. I don't really find it user friendly enough. especially that you cannot open multiple windows with it without it acting up. Having multiple windows working separately definitely gives a user an edge.

SP

Sohel P.

Kinnser Agency Manager - Not the best out there

Pros

It covers all the detailed rules of Home Healthcare very precisely and makes it almost error-free. This saves lot of time and effort compared to doing the evaluation/notes manually

Cons

User interface and reports are tricky to use. It lacks ease of transition from one screen to another.

ME

Mohamed E.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Rip off, they overstate your census to increase pricing every year.

I won't recommend it to any one.

Pros

Easy to use, with some .The organization of the program was easy to understand—including the tabs on the top of the page

Cons

No auto save option . Some reports are not accurate and the numbers do not add up. That last two months we had a lot of glitches and errors in the system. Their support is not great and takes a lot of time to get anybody over the phone. The billing piece and A/R are poorly designed and has a lot of issues. The system is overpriced , and they increase pricing every year without any basis.They overstate the number for your census and tell you that we have increase pricing based on that. We are looking shopping for a different software now.

GA

Gemma A.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Got worse since Wellsky took over kinnser

the program is slow even though my internet connection is excellent.

Pros

Easy to use and access, easy to navigate the features and self explanatory. Other than that I cannot think of anything

Cons

get stuck when I am documenting, doing website work during the time I am documentation, why not do it after midnight.

TP

Tricia P.

RN, Director of Nursing

I went from using previous software to using Kinnser. Let me just say that Kinnser is so much better. It is extremely user-friendly, in ever aspeEasyct.

Pros

I love everything about it but I especially love the Kmail which increases communication with employees, keeps everyone up to date on current orders, etc...

Cons

Very rarely, but sometimes, I will suddenly get kicked off the website with no warning, losing information that hadn't been saved.

AM

Arica M.

Extremely usable

Pros

Ease of use and helps satisfy all regulations to keep your agency compliant. Control remains in the hands of the administrative staff to reduce error rates.

Cons

Unable to tailor much to your own agency. Although, this isn't much of a con as Kinnser does a great job at giving you great forms and reports.

RT

Robert T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Functional, but dated

Pros

It worked for what we needed, but lacked innovation

Cons

Terrible user interface, and desperate need for an app

TL

Tai L.

Public Safety,

Kinnser ALDware

Pros

Their technical support staff is very friendly however they may not know the answer to your question. The reporting is very thorough. Ease of use would be great however their software is so slow it creates more frustration than anything.

Cons

1) As stated above, the software is very slow. Wait times per screen is 5 to 10 seconds. They say this was being fixed but it has gotten worse. 2) Bug issues are rarely fixed. We have not been able to use their mobile app since we signed on. This was brought up to them and still has not been fixed. Many of the software bugs we found have not been fixed and have been in development's hands for months now. 3) They are more concerned about rolling out new features and will not fix the old. 4) Many of the new features pertain to accounting.

CR

CRISTI R.

KINNSER

REALLY LOVE KINNSER. IT IS VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE AND HAS MADE MY WORK SO MUCH EASIER. I GET A LOT MORE THINGS DONE IN MY WORK DAY USING KINNSER THAN OUR PREVIOUS SOFTWARE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE.

Pros

VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE, UPDATES ARE ALWAYS TIMELY, PROGRAM WORKS FAST, EASY TO ADD AND DELETE VISITS.

KS

Kristin S.

Frustrating and out dated

Pros

ease of use by clinicians visit notes: populating information from note to note

Cons

Lack of response to issues, Out dated templates, not having current mandatory information from CMS on templates

SF

Stacey F.

Hospital & Health Care,

Moving to another software after only 7 mos.

Pros

Will the salesman is a great guy. I really don't like much about the software honestly. I thought it would be better for those of us billing managed care and private pay but not so much.

Cons

Billing 2 is a nightmare. Every time there is an update thing go missing from the system. Clinicians are constantly losing their information and so many bugs and glitches. Customer support always tries to blame us for the issues as their software would never do this, well guess what, it did and it does.

OM

Olivera M.

Kinnser

First experience 2 years ago was great and I was super excited to use Kinnser. We only had Medicare patients at the time and it was super easy , no problems ( old Kinnser version) . Easy scheduling , easy billing , Medicare number verifications etc. Less paperwork . easy to track orders. But unfortunately after the new version took place everything seem to go down hill. We started having problems generating claims, we were losing data with each software update :( Very disappointing .

Pros

Easy to use .

Cons

Loosing data

DO

Danny O.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Not good

We bought Kinnser for our start-up agency and there were a number of challenges right off the bat. Learning it was, in many cases, not intuitive. Worse, there were modules that simply didn't work and they were not able to fix them. We cut our losses and moved to another system and are very, very happy

Pros

Mobil app is very easy to use and has lots of functions

Cons

Not intuitive. Some modules did not work. Clunky.

TO

TIM O.

KINNSER IS CLEAR FOR PT EVALUATIONS

Pros

CLEAN FORMS, WEB BASED, OASIS IS CLEAR AND EASY TO PERFORM, GOOD BILLING DUTIES, DASHBOARD IS GREAT,

Cons

PRICE!!!! PRICE!!! CALENDAR IS HARD TO FILL OUT AND WOULD BE BETTER IF IT LOADED FROM EVALUATION, GOALS SHOULD BE LISTED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO ADDRESS FROM PTA NOTES

BL

Blanca L.

This reviewer only left a rating

Kinnser Software is easy to use! My staff and clinicians love the workflow. Since using Kinnser, our agency has seen a decrease in overhead expenses. When Medicare every year is decreasing reimbursement rates, Kinnser really helps us stay afloat. Kinnser's customer services is awesome. No waiting and I get a support specialist in minutes to help me out. They also hold educational and training events in my area several times a year. I love Kinnser Software.

GT

Gina T.

Great Product but hard to Navigate

Pros

It offered a lot of features to help you work more efficiently. This product offered telephony, wide option of reporting, and scheduling.

Cons

It was a tad complicated to navigate. They really could simplify this program a bit more. When we were test driving the system at my previous job we were all very anxious to switch over due to the complexity of the product.

DS

Dipesh S.

Great product which is comprehensive, compliant, and cost effective

This is one of the only product which is complete in providing the continuum of Therapy and Agency integration, which helps bring the staffing and the Agency integrated.