Firefly Reservations Reviews

Pros

Customer Service is excellent!!! I can email and I get a response within min usually, they are happy to help and do everything they can to accommodate.

Kellie P.

The customer service has been awesome. It is so important to reach someone on the phone and we have experienced that on a regular basis.

Elizabeth M.

The online reservation capabilities and the ease of use make this software great. The communication between us and the developer is the most amazing thing that we love about this software.

Carole P.

Cons

Any processes that I found difficult, I made suggestions and they have all happened! so Nothing.

Jax C.

Addie A.

The nature of these types of reservations makes it difficult to incorporate into the accrual accounting system our organization uses.

Jennifer C.

4.6

Great Customer Experience

My overall experience has been very positive. The experience is great for customer, and is very intuitive and easy to set up for the administrator. It also includes lots of reports that help us track our growth with better bench marks.

Pros

The best part of Firefly is that it automates the reservation booking process. We no longer need a person available to take calls to book and manage existing reservations, because firefly does it all for us. The founder, Bradly, is always quick to response when we have questions, and was very helpful during the set up process. All of our customers also love how the online system allows for them to manage their reservations, including payment, all with their phone.

Cons

The biggest negative with Firefly is that there is no dedicated mobile app for iOS or Android. Users need use their mobile web browser or computer browser to use the system.

Great starting point but needs to evolve

My experience with FireFly has been outstanding, but I need the next evolution of the platform in order for me to stay on board. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome and extremely responsive, I feel like we are along for the ride with him and the platform and I like being in the know of where his efforts are heading. If you all shift your energies and fill the void in the marketplace, I am sure you all can secure a product that is greatly differentiated from the rest of the platforms.

Pros

The setup of the software was simple and fast. Within an hour of first opening our account, I has the ability to embed a usable link on our website. It was great and with the assistance of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (who is always responsive and attentive), we had a viable product within 24 hours. The reservation grid is a great feature and provide quick access I need to make guest relations readily available.

Cons

It is a web-based program. I need an app-based program to integrate with our business systems. Many businesses in the Agri-tourism industry, like ours, use POS systems like Clover because it affords us the ability to be agile and cover several vertically integrate enterprises and functions on one platform. I love firefly, but it requires me to use a personal laptop and separate processor for card services. My number one complaint is that Firefly does not integrate with Clover POS systems. Full disclosure -- no matter how much I like FireFly, the minute I find a reservation platform that does integrate onto our system, I will be switching. There is a huge void in the fastest growing outdoor market (small glamping operations with multiple lines of revenue) for the first to do this.

Great Customer Service

Pros

The greatest thing about this software is the customer service behind it. If we ever have questions they are just a phone call away. They are constantly updating the software to accommodate our needs as a seasoanl campground. Functionality, ease of access, and overall layout of the software is great.

Cons

Would like more help in the initial phases of set up/getting started.

Perfect solution for retooling during COVID

We needed to retool a summer youth camp into a campground during 2020 when family camping was the only thing permitted. After some research, Firefly seemed the easiest to implement and did not require a flood of money to begin or long-term commitment. The software allowed us to manage the new campground with minimal staff and no calendar glitches. Their support people understood our predicament and unique challenges of not being a "usual" campground and were very helpful and responsive.

Pros

There was no part of the set-up that was done on the company end. It was wonderful to just dig in and make it work for our unique operation. It is also easily taught to others and doesn't require a full-time registrar. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing with customer support and added in features soon after they were requested. There are some features we haven't tried yet but use use others in creative ways - especially custom emails and exporting customers for mail-merge. Especially love the "buffer" that can be placed between rentals to meet the requirements for cleaning between guests.

Cons

It needs integration with other calendar programs. There is no way to email ALL of the dBase - sending a newsletter this way would be nice. We are not using the POS program as it seems clunky as compared to Square. I assume this will be streamlined in the future.

Support & Features are AMAZING!!

I love that every time I have contacted [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about an issue/question/feedback or idea, he has listened, replied, acted and implemented ALL of them...and there was a lot! I cannot highlight are how thoughtful and understanding [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been, this is a company that goes above and beyond, a personalised service that is second to none. I tried many, many different software providers and

Pros

I love the customer kiosk , the all in one feel and look, easy integration, easy to understand and follow, the ease of use for the customer, cloning units and exporting info like blocked dates and seasonal rates across all or some of your units is labour saving indeed. This online booking system has saved so much time already and I have only added a small percentage of my sites, I cant wait to be fully online and regain even more time to focus on other aspects of our business.

Cons

Any processes that I found difficult, I made suggestions and they have all happened! so Nothing!

Best reservation system I've used

We went with Firefly initially because it has a "Guest Portal" and a "Kiosk" function for our customers to check in without us having to be present on the property. The online reservation capabilities and the ease of use make this software great. The communication between us and the developer is the most amazing thing that we love about this software! We are in control of how we use it and what features are there that we need. We love this software! We started out on Firefly's 30-day trial and never left.

Pros

This software is the easiest reservation system that I've used. It is easy to find everything needed. Once we set it up for our campground, the employees had no trouble learning how to use it and were doing great the second day we went live.

Cons

There were a few things missing that we needed, but when we asked about them, the developer added them!!

Easiest, Helpful

Just the work of reservation taking alone, took a lot off my hands and gives me back time to concentrate on my job. I am a director of a library and our campground is right next door. Part of my duties are to run it. I will still get phone calls but it takes half the time to make reservations and send an invoice for payment.

Pros

All of the features are helpful for taking manual scheduling out of your hands. We cannot always be at the phone or on site so this makes it easy for people to navigate on their own.

Cons

Nothing about this software is difficult. You have to take it upon yourself to learn what's available. Anything you don't understand, customer service is always there to help walk you through it.

Firefly is THE BEST in the Campground Reservations Game

I have been very impressed by Firefly. So far, there have been a few important issues that the software did not solve. I emailed [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], about those issues, and he got back to me quickly and actually implemented the fixes/features I requested.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to understand. There are features galore. My favorites and the ones that make firefly stand out are 1) email automations to guests, 2) the map features, 3) the point of sale system (which allows you to charge items to a customer's reservation!). The best thing about the software is that it works all the time and has never given me issues.

Cons

The point of sale system and reports could be built out some to add more functionality.

OHC

Customer Service is excellent!!! I can email and I get a response within min usually, they are happy to help and do everything they can to accommodate!

Pros

We love the front page and how easy it is to find people and see what is available!

Cons

It is not as easy to edit peoples reservations, you cant tell what unit or date they booked, it only shows you what date they booked it online. It doesn't let you go back and forth without it taking you to the main page.

Central Texas RV Resort/Campground

Overall my experience is up and down but mostly good because the support is awesome and very responsive! Even if in the evening and I think I won't get a reply until the next day I sometimes have a response within a few minutes which is awesome because I feel pretty tech savvy so I do try to figure things out myself.

Pros

I love the fact that the program is easy to use, easy to understand and looks nice in the set up. I did have some help in setting up the system as well since we were crazy busy.

Cons

There are still features that we need or flexibility or workarounds in the current features that we either have to do or frustrates me because it causes more work. Multiple billing of line items (whether scheduled or not); not being able to credit something within the reservation if there is a quick adjustment needed; electric billing not being automatically applied to the rate (included, not separate), with description so it is one charge for the month for whatever date is set for the site payment.

This app makes my life SO MUCH EASIER, much easier to use than Resnexus

Man I love this app so much, it has made running this park so smooth. They use the term 'Put your property on autopilot' and that is basically what they have done. So much just happens automatically now, so that's that much less I have to do manually so I can focus on maintaining and improving the park. Compared to the other systems I considered, they were either very clunky and buggy (I used Resnexus...

Pros

I love the reservation grid. When people call checking on availability, I can just pull up the grid on my phone or computer and let them know what the future availability looks like. If they want to book, I just send them to my website and tell them to book there, since all reservations are made online. All the payments are funneled into my bank account after a couple days, it's so easy. We have a...

Cons

I'd like to see more reports, but they are adding new features pretty rapidly so they say new reports are coming soon. I'd like to see a report that shows how many people were unable to reserve a space from the reservation portal because there were no units available. They told me this report is on it's way, so i'm excited for those metrics to help me decide how much to grow my park.

Wow, thanks for the kind words Clay, glad we could help you put your campground on autopilot!

Great software for online reservations!

Firefly Reservations has been a big help with time management. The more you learn about the software, the better it works for you. I started using it about 6-8 months ago and am still discovering time-saving options--and they're always making updates and improvements which are listed and explained in the program. I would definitely recommend Firefly Reservations to anyone finding it difficult to keep an organized camp schedule and calendar!

Pros

They thought of everything! I've been taking camp reservations the "old school" method for 6 years and it was getting to be so time consuming! Anything you can think of, the software is designed to take care of... reports, email templates, automatic payment reminders--it saves me a LOT of time. I had a lot of questions as I got set up and learned how to use Firefly, but the support was always super fast and answered all of my questions.

Cons

It takes a little time to get all set up, but they'll actually do that for you if you want. I felt I would learn more by doing the set-up myself.

Filled the need

Pros

We were in the process of developing our own version of this system using WordPress, Woocommerce, and Motopress, when this was recommended to us. It took the headache away immediately! There are some things report-wise and POS-wise I wish were more customizable but overall, I recommend this application, it's a tremendous bang for the buck!

Cons

I would like to be able to categorize the items in the POS system and display them for selection that way, it's strictly a cosmetic thing but it was a very helpful feature when we were using woocommerce.

Wonderful!!

Wonderful!

Pros

The online reservation system is what I like most about this software. Before, we only accepted phone calls or walk-ins to set up reservations. Having this online system has freed up some of my time of the phone as well as makes it super convenient for the customer!

Cons

I would like to see a maximum amount of days out that a customer could reserve a long term spot as well as being able to set a specific date that electricity or rent is due instead of making it a certain number of days out.

Sheyenne Oaks, Campground and RV Park

I am so thankful for this software. It reduces the time that I am required to be on the phone. It gives my guests immediate response for their reservation needs.

Pros

Customer support is the best; given promptly with diagram explanation. Open to and implements suggested improvements. Many reports are available to easily track business success. It seems that most everything was truly thought out.

Cons

I don't feel there are cons. Any problems that I have encountered are quickly solved.

What a great experience

Absolutely incredible. Great responsiveness from support, great price point, excellent reporting and emailing tools, great looking front end for user experience, and incredibly easy to set up quickly.

Pros

We had to pivot our whole business model ASAP from a summer camp to a "retreat" model and allow folks to rent out individual buildings. I was able to get a fully functioning reservation system up and running within 48 hours for 55 units, all with photos, rates, descriptions, dates, etc. Super easy to use and get started, and flexible enough for any time of campground/reservation business.

Cons

There were a few features that weren't there on day 1, but after an email to support, within a day or 2, that had inemented all our requested changes. Incredibly responsive team, and now it works absolutely perfectly for our exact use case.

Reservations Made Easy

Overall experience at this time has made my work easier with the online reservations verses booking through me.

Pros

Set up was easy and I would say pretty much anyone could use it

Cons

At this point NONE. In the last 2 years it has worked perfectly.

Opinon

I do not have any experience to compare with FF.

Pros

I like what seems to be usually ease of use

Cons

It does not account for all our specifics

Campground life line

Wonderful

Pros

The dashboard is so helpful . Everything I look at daily is right there

Cons

The reservation grid is not in monthly site like a calendar

Makes my life easier

The customer can choose and pay for a campsite at the moment. Before they would fill out a form. I would have to contact them for payment details. I would run the credit cards, and write and send email confirmations. This program has reduced my workload and phone calls.

Pros

Our customers can choose a campsite when they need it any time of the day or night. It does all the work for me, such as take the payment and send a confirmation email.

Cons

It was down one morning and I was not aware until a customer told me. It was just a short while.

Great customer service, easy to use.

Pros

Customer service, price and ease of use.

Cons

Could use a few more features but great for the price.

UNMATCHED CUSTOMER SERVICE

The interface is clean and supports our brand. The software is easy to use. The training video is helpful when bringing in new staff.

Pros

The developer is quick to respond to questions and always willing to introduce new features.

Cons

There is no functionality with an accounting software.

Simple, intuitive, and effective campground management software

We were trying to save time and management with this purchase. The software not only automated our bookings, but our guests have given very positive feedback with reservation experience.

Pros

The simplicity of this software is probably its best feature. Once you get the setup of the software done, load maps and your specifics to your campground, it is easy to use. Since it is all cloud based, I can manage bookings from my phone or laptop. Technical support is great. They were always helpful in explaining anything I needed or asked for.

Cons

Payments are through Stripe and take about a week to receive funds in Canada.

Easy and Effective

A very good product for booking cabins at our facility. Easy for both our visitors and staff to use.

Pros

The format is very user friendly. Training staff in how to use it is quick and easy. Program does not take a lot of bandwidth or computer resources to use. This was critical for us as we are remotely located and internet service is minimal.

Cons

Selecting dates when looking at calendar views takes a lot of clicking. It would be nice if it defaulted to one month and a single click could advance it. I believe this update is already in the pipeline.

Excellent! Puts K2 by KOA to shame!

Very good

Pros

Automatic payment due emails for guests. Ease of utility reading inputs.

Cons

SMS mass text feature similar to what emails do