Visual Matrix PMS

Visual Matrix PMS Reviews

Laura A.

Daisy S.

Anisul I.

Cons

Also...the inability to click and drag the length of maintenance blocks.

Jesse Z.

Ashley D.

TOBE E.

4.4

User Friendly

Pros

Visual Matrix is very user friendly, and in most cases there are multiple ways to do something giving options to the team as a whole.

Cons

I believe Visual Matrix could do more to update the program on a regular basis with suggestions from their users. I know this is something they are working on now more than ever.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us. Please feel free to use the "Feature Request" function in Visual Matrix to send us any requests you have, or reach out directly. We love feedback!

A year into VM Cloud

Cloud base is amazing and I love being able to log in from anywhere. Programing rates is very labour intensive and discounts are not as flexible as we would like.

Pros

Accessibility, love being able it from anywhere.

Cons

Training was very confusing at first even with the videos. I found that the demo was difficult because it was not reflective of how we would use our system. Our old PMS was great for training because it would let you practice with the system in real time without effecting it.

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experience.

Not the easiest to use

It's a tool. It helps get the job done, but it could be more user friendly.

Pros

I like the fact it helps me do my job. Some of the functions are pretty straightforward and easy to use.

Cons

Not really all that user friendly. You can't really go back and look at something in the middle of a problem, like a price or anything like that, without going through a million other steps. It would be a lot easier if you could pull the originally window up to look at details rather than having to process something. I see that "balance needs to be 0 before you can exit this screen" a lot!

We are sorry to hear that you had some trouble with Visual Matrix Desktop. If you are a multi-tasker, you may benefit from Visual Matrix Cloud, which gives a much greater degree of flexibility for multi-tasking. Reach out to us at 214-291-4000 for info!

Easy To Use Software - Great Customer Service!

Overall, Visual Matrix is an easy to use program (compared to the others I have used in the past; Micros Fidelio, Opera). It is also a robust software in my opinion and provides the necessary functions in an easy to use format. We went from 'zero' to 'hero' in no time using this software for the first time back when we opened our first Best Western Plus property in 2019. I was in touch with [SENSITIVE...

Pros

It is quite easy to get around Visual Matrix. Each function is also easy to locate. The most impactful for me is the Front Office/Reservations function. I just like the way all the options are laid out at the top of the screen making navigation very easy and seamless. We take calls each day from guests wanting to book rooms and find out availability. You'll agree with me that there is the need to...

Cons

Lately, there has been the need for us to post voucher pre-payments for guests who haven't quite booked their stays yet on Visual Matrix. It has been quite a challenge handling such pre-payments on Visual Matrix and the question for me has been where to post such payments given that there is no booking to attach it to. I would appreciate it very much if the necessary function that would allow us to do this could be introduced. There also seems to be an integration issue between Visual Matrix and Intello our Guest WiFi provider that should be looked into. Our guests are still unable to connect to the hotel wiFi using their check in credentials (Last Name & Room Number).

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I agree, the coordinator assigned to your account is a rockstar! I will have someone from our support team reach out to you regarding your interface and posting questions. Thanks again!

Visual Matrix Competent Product

The messaging and profile features have been very helpful for improving our team communication and quality of service for our guests.

Pros

Visual Matrix is easy to learn with the video training provided. Training new staff members is a simple process. I have implemented this property management software at two properties now and our teams adapted quickly. Technical support is friendly and easy to contact.

Cons

Revenue management tools are not efficient when not a member of Best Western. having worked with Best Western and independent properties; there is a missed opportunity for independent properties to manage their rates and make the most of the tools provided.

Thanks for your review! It seems like you would benefit greatly from our new Revenue Management Live module, included free with Visual Matrix. Please give me a call directly at 214-291-3994. I'd love to discuss it with you.

Visual Matrix PMS

Excellent

Pros

I have been using Visual Matrix for about the last 8 years. Having used several other systems in my 30 years of hotel management, I can say it is the best one to date.

Cons

There are always going to be a few small annoyances with any system but none that are a deterrent in this case

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with us. We appreciate your feedback!

VM Point of View

It's my first experience with VM and I'm extremely happy on how quick you can learn to navigate thru all platforms. VM Learning center really nails it.

Pros

Very friendly user, easy to navigate. Great options

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. No negative feedback currently

Reliable Property Management System

I am very satisfied with Visual Matrix because they listen to the customers feedback and are open to adding new features within their program to make it a "one stop shop" for staff.

Pros

Visual Matrix is very dependable and they seek to provide features that are important to their customers for instance they offer Point of Sale, Revenue Management, and important interfaces to streamline operation.

Cons

One thing I don't like is that they have yet to develop an integrated Contact Relations Management feature although they have acknowledged they are open to eventually developing this within their PMS.

Simple, Easy to Use & Understand

I rely on visual matrix for the daily operation of the hotel.

Pros

I tell everyone that I hire that visual matrix is so easy to use and learn! If you've used other PMS systems this will be a breeze and you'll learn it so much faster and you'll love it in no time! Look and the screen and you can figure it out! It makes sense where items are located you can figure it out. New Hires train quickly and easily.

Cons

there's a lot of page refreshing that you have to wait on when navigating from screen to screen

Easy to use!

Great!

Pros

Love the great features of VisualMatrix especially the mobile app. The mobile app allows me to manage the housekeeping and maintenance department with an ease of putting rooms in the system. VisualMatrix is comes in great play with preventing fraud and keeping an organization of our do not rent guests.

Cons

As we do take deposits upon checking in; the software does not allow us to transfer an authorization to a new reservation forcing the staff to take a new authorization should there be a back to back reservation.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Simple & User Friendly

I have been using VM for 10+ years and feel overall positive about the capabilities of the program.

Pros

It is easy to learn the basics, making it easy for new staff to catch on to simple daily tasks. Good visual set up, good short cut options. Basic problems are usually taken care of promptly by support.

Cons

There are areas of the reporting that are weak. Weather it is the timeframe that data can be accessed or the variation of information available in the reporting.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us. Please feel free to reach out or use the "Feature Request" function in the software if you would like to share suggestions about reports or other features. We love feedback!

Overall happy

Overall a positive experience. We have had a dsc exception for a year that hasn't been fixed. Pretty frustrating at times. Overall it is user friendly and reliable.

Pros

I find the day to day operations to be easy. i thought the software was slow when first using it, but after a hardware upgrade it runs quickly and consistently.

Cons

Small things...like being able to search for multiple characters on some screen and being able to only search by first letter on others. Also...the inability to click and drag the length of maintenance blocks. an easy win to fix this I would think?

VM ease

Overall, I like the program. I have used a lot over my years.

Pros

Easy to use and train new employees on. Has a decent range of reports.

Cons

Could have easier process for setting up rates and removing rates. More reports would be useful for sales and marketing. Year end reports could be more user friendly.

Visual Matrix is userfriendly

Overall I love the software it's easier.

Pros

It's very userfriendly, almost everything on the main page.

Cons

In our hotel we have a sundry market and its a little difficult compare to opera. You have to do more steps in this software.

Thanks for your review! If you are managing a small sundry shop, you may find that our MiniPOS module will fit your needs. Please reach out to our sales team for more information!

Good for Hotel Front Desk

I wanted to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who helped onboard my hotel and get us set up to open successfully. He was great in troubleshooting and getting me answers to questions that I had!

Pros

The dashboard is easy to read and the tabs at the top are easy to navigate for the most part.

Cons

I would love to see better functionality in the billing /cashiering section - having the ability to move voided charges off of the folio for clearer guest folios. I would love to see the accompanying name show on the reservation instead of having to look for it. I wish finding reports was easier and I would love to have guest comments pull up from their profile when selecting to make a new reservation - and of course, more space in which to write comments.

User Friendly

I am pleased with the PMS overall! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a great job training the team and he has been a wealth of knowledge for me.

Pros

Easy learn plus good teacher [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Make sure he was clear and made himself available when I had additional questions.

Cons

The advance deposit transaction causes a lot of unnecessary issues.

Visual Matrix Cloud

Overall features, functionality, and ease of use are a bit lacking.

Pros

Cloud base so it can be used anywhere. Links can be created when building a group so they can use it to book directly. Customer service usually responds quickly. Able to block off rooms, post internal comments, and make individual reservations easily.

Cons

Sometimes glitches happen and not even customer service can figure out why. Reinstating group blocks can be difficult.

Thanks for your review! We're sorry that you had some trouble. Please give me a call directly at 214-291-3994 so that we can have someone assist you.

New Hotel with New PMS

Pros

One of my favorite features of the Cloud version of Visual Matrix is the Dashboard. You can access all of the the important daily information from 1 screen. The whole system is very easy to work with and easy to train on. We also worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] through the set up process and he was fantastic and helping and answering any questions.

Cons

The online training was very long and did not have a lot of hands on training opportunities. Once I was able to actually see the system and work in it, it made learning the ins and outs much easier.

Integration issues

Easy to use but very hard in terms of day to day operations compared to Jonus Chorum and Choice advantage.

Pros

I think Best Western Dartmouth Inn 22055 had a lot of challenges in terms of staff training and customization. Comparing this to Jonus Chorum which we were used to was definitely easier to use. However our accounting department, and operations staff had many issues with the reporting being different. I compare Jonush Chorum reporting to that of Opera, Choice advantage and other PMS which we use. All of them have similar reporting. There is a lot that can be said on this. I am happy to help you develop a better product. All your reports are terrible.

Cons

Reports. I wish you had the same reports as most other operating systems.

Thanks for your review! We would love to talk to you about your requests for reporting. Please feel free to call me directly at 214-291-3994 and I will get you to the right person to speak to.

Visual Matrix

My overall experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the Implementation Coordinator that I was communicating with was such a great help. He answered any and every question I had in a nice manner, he made me feel comfortable with any kind of questions I had.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is simple and easy.

Cons

I think adding a user and a password for that user was a little difficult. It wasn't anything that couldn't be done, but other then that I'm impressed with Visual Matrix. V

Rasmi was great!!

Pros

Ease of use, very straight forward and intuitive

Cons

Incidental and different folio takes a while to do at check in. Also the cloud version is very slow when checking in and printing registration or check our receipts.

I am very satisfied with this software

I am happy with this so far

Pros

Easy to use and extremely user friendly

Cons

It’s not as fast as it should be, sometimes it takes few seconds to take credit card.

Efficient and Prompt

I was researching software to better our business regarding scheduling for meeting space but that also incorporated the needs of other departments as well such as inventory, spa, restaurant etc. As soon as I placed an inquiry a great representative called and asked questions regarding my needs and then suggested items based off my business needs.

Pros

First, immediately after I placed the inquiry I was contacted by a customer representative. He was very thorough and asked all the right questions to better assist my needs.

Cons

Because we are a small business, cost means everything. Some programs are expensive. But I received a good list.