Elucidat Logo

Elucidat

The smarter, faster way to produce quality digital learning

Elucidat Reviews

4.6

How would you rate Elucidat?

Pros

Elucidat is really easy to use and it looks great. It is always being improved, which gives me confidence that they care greatly about the quality of their product.

AL

Adam L.

AL

Adam L.

The responsive output is excellent and has had little or no technical issues working with LMS. Support and customer service is excellent.

ST

Sam T.

Cons

On lower paid plans , when the course made on elucidat opens up , it shows up "elucidate.com" branding. This is very irritating.

Akhilesh K.

Its hard to manage the objects in a page and can't modify the color palette in text input.

JL

Jester Lhee P.

Almost every authoring tool I have used / tried remove their branding even on their lowest plans.

Akhilesh K.

E-learning Authoring's best kept secret

Pros

What if your team had an e-learning authoring tool that gave your team the capability to built beautiful e-learning modules in half the time it would normally take using the others guys. This is exactly what I found in using Elucidat's powerful web-based authoring tool for e-learning developers. This is a must have for companies serious about stepping up their e-learning offerings. Try them out and check out all the wonderful customizable templates that make the work so simple, fun and productive.

Cons

Pricing was the only issue. It is a premium product with a premium price tag. However I found that my team was making that money back in their incensed productivity.

The only limitation is your imagination

Collaborative, helpful and always willing to look for solutions to your learning problems.

Pros

This is a really easy to use product. But don't think that easy to use and basic are the same thing. With a creative mind, you can make some really cool sessions which are impactful and effective. We have recently launched sessions to cope with returning to Football to a variety of users both in and out of our business. The easy of authoring, plus analysis made managing compliance a breeze. I will continue to use this product for the following reasons. The team who support you are coming at this from your perspective. They recognise the challenges you face to design effective sessions. Recent upgrades and features make this all the more possible.

Cons

There are times where the user who opens a link, lacks the skills to navigate through an e-learning system. I would not say this is a fault of this particular system, but a need for staff and the wider world to understand how these systems work.

Elucidat support team are friendly, helpful and respond promptly.

I enjoy using the product and find the support team very helpful.

Pros

I like the pre-designed pages, they are very useful when a module needs to be created in a short time.

Cons

some interactive functions have limitations when it comes to size or layout.

I love using Elucidat

Elucidat is so versatile, that it has replaced all of the other software programs that we used in the past. I love using this tool!

Pros

This is the most intuitive e-Learning software program that i have ever used. If you ever have a question, the support staff responds quickly to resolve it. It allows anyone in the company to be able to review a project before it is finalized.

Cons

There are a couple of the page types where all of the audio clips play at the same time.

Hi Norm thanks for the review. So pleased you guys love the tool! We love working with Walmart as well. :) I'll pass on your audio clip feedback to the product team to look into. Keep it coming!

Using Elucidat

Good - its a time invested tool

Pros

Great range of features and learning interactions

Cons

The time it takes to learning the nuances of the tool ..

Thanks Paul! Always great to get a positive review from a long-standing customer. We love working with you as well.

Great authoring, great value, awesome team to work with

Elucidat has been able to stand on it's own against competitors because of it's versatility and the constant improvement of the platform. With pricing that aligns with our needs it sold itself to us and I've been happy to open it up every day for work for myself and my team. My internal clients are also always excited when I'm able to tell them what we can do with the platform and how they can be a part of their own training experience.

Pros

The ability to quickly create e-learnings with templates, styles and from scratch makes this our go to authoring tool. It has great analytics tools that are so important when evaluating learners and courses. Lastly, we are able to give this platform to NON-developers and they are able to create modules themselves, no one else can do that without over spending on licenses.

Cons

The editor does have some small buttons that deters some authors and complexity of some of the functions. But much of that complexity is necessary.

Hi Brandon. Thanks so much for your review. I love that it's working so well for you and your team - including novice authors. This is what we're here for! I'll pass your feedback about button size on to the team. Hopefully out brand new text editor helps makes content creation extra easy. Thanks again.

Easy, Powerful, and Efficient Course Authoring Software for All Technical Skill Levels

A few years ago I was mainly creating courses utilizing Flash, but with the shift in focus towards mobile learning and responsive design it was clear that I needed to find another course development solution. I tried out a handful of other course authoring software solutions (Lectora Inspire, Captivate 8, Articulate) before stumbling upon Elucidat. All of the course authoring solutions had their...

Cost Saving

From my first contact through current, by experience has been nothing but wonderful. The customer support given to me on start up was timely and spot on. As our training evolved, Elucidat was there to assist and support us in enhancing our presentations.

Pros

Cost Saving: In this year alone, we will save 60K plus. The saving is seen in reduction of training labor hours needed to produce and present trainings. As well in labor cost in staff time to take the training. It has improved our training efficiency by 95%. With Elucidat we no longer use printed training materials. Feedback from field staff is overwhelmingly positive. They like the option of participating in the training at their convince. They report the format is easy and holds their attention as well as "learning" from the training. From a training prospective, this is priceless.

Cons

Initially for us, there were a few hiccups in the on-boarding of some trainings. But again, those were easily addressed through Elucidat support team. Because I was relative new to putting together training presentation in this format, getting use to the "look" of things and figuring out which Themes to use was a pinch overwhelming. But as with most things, the more time I spent in the system, the more at home I felt.

A very good authoring platform but only for high end clientele

Pros

1) The final look of courses made on elucidat are terrific and very different from any other authoring tool . In short , it has its own identity. 2) The course plays very smooth on both desktop and mobile and a is visual delight . 3) The number of content types is pretty exhaustive for anyone to make almost any kind of learning activity.

Cons

1)The pricing is just too steep. Perhaps they target only high end companies . But they should know that a huge number of small companies and solo entrepreneurs is what they should aim at additionally to get quantum jumps in their revenue . Best way is to offer a bit more low priced options as well. 2) On lower paid plans , when the course made on elucidat opens up , it shows up "elucidate.com" branding . This is very irritating . Almost every authoring tool I have used / tried remove their branding even on their lowest plans . And when I approached the customer service about the issue , they asked me to buy one of their steepest priced plans to remove the branding !

Complete authoring tool, easy to use

Pros

It is a pretty easy to use authoring tool, and the tutorials and FAQ sections of the web always help you when you have doubts

Cons

Sometimes is hard to digitalize content which involves a lot of symbols or math formulas.

Elucidat - core of our business

This software is the core of our business. This is where we create all online portions of our programmes. The ability to SCORM into our client's LMSs is crucial, and ALSO the possibility to run a course straight from Elucidat servers.

Pros

The absolutely most impressive part of Elucidat is their user support. Extremely knowledgeable, fast, friendly and they follow up. Many times beyond my (already high) expectations. This software makes sure that we can create great online portions of our programmes. Also, it's very fast to create "mini-courses" for ad hoc customers and people in the sales funnel. The software has good and functional templates and functions.

Cons

Better copy and paste functions between pages / projects would be nice. Overall search functions for learners (they are spoiled in the Google universe...)

Thanks Frode for a brilliant review. Our support team will be super happy to hear this. Cons are noted and passed on to the development team. Keep the feedback coming!

Elucidat Review

Elucidat has massively improved how we communicate with our audience. It allows us to bring our communications to life and offer something that is visual, interactive and engaging. I really enjoy been creative with Elucidat and using its many features to ensure we're constantly improving our communications and engaging our audience.

Pros

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Elucidat.

Such a lovely review Adam. Thanks a lot! We love working with you guys as well.

A very satisfied distributor

We have been distributing Elucidat for 2 years on the French market. We have very happy customers. They can be absolute beginners or people that left the most famous tools of the market for Elucidat. They love the result, the easyness, the responsiveness, the collaborative functions, and the possibility of automated updates on there LMS.

Pros

So easy to use, wonderfull results, good for pedagogy, online collaborative authoring, efficient responsive design, very regular evolutions, great support and relationship with the editor

Cons

Last month, I still had a cons, but Elucidat made an update. So, no one left.

Great tool for any type of user

Pros

Great tool, easy to use even if you're a beginner, great team behind always responding fast and clear to any question.

Cons

Any product needs a continuous optimization. However I would improve the translations process for this product in the future.

Thanks Irina! Great to hear that even those new to elearning are finding it easy. That's the aim! :)

Best rapid authoring tool I've come across

Our learners prefer Elucidat, we enjoy using it and it has had a positive impact on our department's bottom line. (We've seen a 45% improvement in development efficiency since introducing the platform.) The lovely thing about Elucidat, is that it continually evolves. It is the opposite of our old software, which was very slow to improve. In a little over a year, Elucidat has introduced six or seven new features that we are actually using and that have made a real difference.

Elucidat review

The overall experience of us and ouur clients is that the courses are easy to load andaccessible in any devices.

Pros

It is easy to deploy courses and they are easy to load.

Cons

Thanks for the review! Always great to see a happy customer. :) We've passed on the branding suggestions to our UX team and the object management feedback to support. On the case!

I can create content 10 times faster with Elucidat than other authoring tools I have used.

I have been using Elucidat for a year now and I would rate it as the best authoring tool on the market. It's simple to use, has a lovely intuitive interface. This means you can get up and running with no training and if you do get stuck there are lots of helpful video tutorials to help you. There's more to Elucidat than first appears, with animation, gamification and the ability to create responsive...

Cons

A great and intuitive tool for rapid e-learning creation

I have found Elucidat extremely helpful in developing intuitive and easily accessible e-learning in a very fast manner. Although the templates do not allow for totally customizing the design, they do include lots of engaging activities and page formats. There are a couple of options the current version of Elucidat is lacking (like copying pages between courses, for example), but I am confident that they will be provided in the near future as Elucidat seems to be a rapidly-growing content creation software. A great advantage of Elucidat is it's support team - very fast to respond and solve the issue. I recommend Elucidat especially for those who are at the beginning of their e-learning development career, as it is easy to use and provides quick results.

Cons

It's as simple as i need it to be

I've had the pleasure of self-learning Elucidat and it's a very simple, pragmatic tool that has enabled me to build some quick and interactive learning modules for customers, changing themes, colours, templates and functionality is a doddle. i'd recommend it to those who are highly experienced eLearning authors and those who are just starting out.

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive and enables 'remote' customers to comment and give feedback on the design and functionality of a project. Also the testing function is great as it can link into a CLMS or LMS with SCORM or TinCan complaint data.

Cons

not come across anything yet

Easy to use and overall good experience

Pros

Interface is very easy to use and is very basic. Simple enough for someone who is new to instructional design. Customer service is very thorough.

Cons

There is a lot of clicking. Although updating in Elucidat is easy, they have made sure that it is very thorough and therefore, requires lots of click-throughs.

Intuitive course authoring but a bit spendy.

Elucidat is a fantastic course authoring solution. I found it to be quite user-friendly and was able to build a mini course using it in about 45 minutes (prototype, to be fair). I like that it publishes to a variety of outputs as well (HTML5, SCORM) but the BEST thing is its collaborative review features. I have paid $ to outside solutions for hosting SME reviews - Elucidat provides this as part of the solution. Brilliant! The only con for us was pricing: the cost was outside of our budget and ended up going with a competitor.

Pros

Ease of use, templates, expert review/collaboration features that are built in.

Cons

Pricing

Elucidat is the best authoring tool on the market for creating e-learning modules

I've worked with the Elucidat product for over 2 years, and having battled with Captivate and Articulate for many years, has been a pleasure to work with this tool. The support from Elucidat is second to none and the tool just keeps getting better and better. Software updates are automatic, and always come with a personal notification of what's changed and why. It's 'properly' responsive - unlike other products that claim to be. Great product - try it!

Cons

Thank you for the feedback Harry! It's great to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Elucidat compared to other tools you've used!

excellent scalable responsive tool

Consistently being developed, elucidat is a tool which can grow with organisational capability. I've selected it as a development tool of choice in 2 companies now because the themes enable a novice developer to create content which works and looks good visually with little instruction and the layout designer enables more confident and advanced users to keep on using the tool. The responsive output is excellent and has had little or no technical issues working with LMS'. Support and customer service is excellent.

Excellent, excellent, excellent

Elucidat is such ancomplicated system and super easy to use - I didn't need any training. I hadn't used e-learning design software prior but have released over 40 modules this year! The team are extremely helpful, and the 'help me' tool within the software offers instant messaging support; I don't think i've ever waited more than half an hour for a response! :-) Highly recommend!

Cons

Very easy to develop courses quickly

Only jsu starting to use in earnest but it is helping to solve issues with social distancing due to COVID-19.

Pros

It is very easy to use, even for a beginner. There is a good range of page styles and tools to build engaging content.

Cons

Building your own page styles could be made easier. No facility to import from PowerPoint.