MobileServe

Volunteer Management Software

MobileServe Reviews

Pros

I really love the concept of MobileServe--that students are the responsible agents for tabulating their hours, and that it is easy for their supervisors to approve the time.

Deborah S.

Overall, the experience is positive and the software works well. The team who updates and maintains the software are very responsive and helpful.

Raymond O.

I am always excited when they put out new features and their customer service is excellent. They seem to be a company that adapts to the changing needs of customers.

Teresita G.

Cons

It was confusing for many kids to get the proper setup with group number and approvals. Half my group did it wrong.

Greg G.

We were using the product to track participation hours from families, and had difficulty implementing it. Many times, families did not sign in (due to bad Wifi signals etc).

Carrie W.

But sometimes the students have trouble uploading hours and getting signatures.

sue h.

Functionality at its best

Pros

The texting capabilities. you are able to reach everyone.

Cons

it needs more warmth on its platform. Have more personality dpeneding on the organization mission.

MobileServe

Overall, I think the program is good and will be sticking with it for another year. The customer service is outstanding! Because of that I was able to overcome the learning curves easily, and then help students do the same.

Pros

Online tracking is way easier than my old spreadsheet method. Having students be responsible for reporting their own hours (although with some pitfalls) was much nicer than having faculty in charge of recording and reporting hours. The personal responsibility associated with it is good for character building. Even though they occasionally made mistakes on their logs, learning to be diligent, follow up, and check afterwards is a good lesson. The analytic features, being able to easily break down hours by individual, grade, organization, etc. was great.

Cons

We found the homepage display confusing, as it displayed the total hours entered, and not approved. Students have to check the "Activity" page to see what has been verified. In many cases students would misprint an email address, hence the faculty would never see it to approve it, but the student would glance at their home screen and think they have logged it correctly. This learning curve created a few instances of confusion and negative feelings. Likewise, there were a few minor details that students needed to learn in order to submit logs correctly, like making sure they select a category, or enter the email address in the correct line. Again, this is just a learning curve issue that made it less user friendly initially.

In theory this is great, but in practice it's difficult

Frustrating and difficult.

Pros

Mobile & online access was my most appreciated part, but unfortunately the mobile access backfired when it came to our largely not-tech savvy parent population.

Cons

Active reporting - when I try to print out a volunteer list for an event it does not separate it into a format that is easy to decipher -- all the info is bunched up in a strange document that does not clearly indicate who signed up for what shift, and what that person's contact phone or email is. To me it is not intuitive on the user side either. If the shift or the name of the event or the time...

Cathedral Review of MobileServe

In overall, I really like MobileServe. It easy to use and our students seem to manage it well. They can download the app to their phone, mobile devices or simply use it on a desktop.

Pros

At Cathedral we have been using MobileServe for about 3 or 4 years now. We use MobileServe as a way to keep track of our student's service hours. It's easy to use and the customer service is great.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that MobileServe charges you depending on the number of students you have. Instead of a set price, but in reality it's not a huge problem.

Mobile Serve 2018-2019 school year

Overall, it is pretty good for what we are looking for. I don't know if there are better options out there, but it offers us an easy way to track all of our students service hours and make sure they are keeping up on their requirements.

Pros

I like that I am able to track the amount of hours logged by users as a whole as well as in sub organizations.

Cons

I wish there was a way that we could clear out the service logs at the end of each year so that we can start tracking anew.

Easy to Use Volunteer Service Tracking System

MobileServe has been very open to my suggestions and ideas as they continue to develop their product. I have been happy with it.

Pros

I appreciate the clean layout and accessible search features offered by MobileServe. I find it very easy to search data by user name and filter it by dates. I have over 200 users I keep track of, so this software makes it easy.

Cons

I do not like that, at this time, I cannot edit user profiles myself but have to contact Customer Service and have them do it. They are always helpful about doing it, but I'd rather have the ability to do it myself.

High School use of Mobile Serve

It has overall been a positive move. It makes performing service hours quite easier.

Pros

I liked that it really helps me save time and gives me an accurate account of where everyone stands with hours in each class. I do like the Dashboard.

Cons

When I check the students hours I have to remember to make sure I put in the starting date. One of my teachers cannot get into mobile serve to check her students. No one has been able to assist us. Some of the student have difficulty in linking their hours to my dashboard.

MobileServe Review

This has been great for our High School Community Service program - and has given us the opportunity to expand in new ways!

Pros

I like how easy it is for our students to use the App to get notified about service opportunities & to track their hours. It is also great for us to keep record of what students are involved in what.

Cons

There are sometimes small technical glitches that make it hard for us to create repeated events, find old events, etc. However, Customer Service has always been great!

Student/User Friendly

MobileServe allows us to track our students' service hours throughout their years of high school. The kids like it because it is user friendly and the mobile app encourages them to put in their hours as they complete them instead of forgetting to turn in their service logs later.

Pros

The price first brought me to this product and then the ease of use for our students was a major factor in switching to MobileServe

Cons

My students and I do not like that they have to pay to get a copy of their service transcript. Other products we've used have given them this service history for free.

This application promotes and helps students maintain a lifetime of service to their community.

One stop shop for logging all of my students' service learning

Pros

The ability for students to update their service and the continual tracking of that logged service throughout their secondary school experience

Cons

Novice user with some advice

I enjoy the product very much. Very easy for students to download and use. I like the customer service alot. I really like how it quickly issues reports and manipulates the data.

Pros

It is very easy for students to download and use. Mobile app is pretty user friendly and simple. The photo upload is a great feature The customer service is always great. The dashboard is generally good. I enjoy how easy it is to draft a report and bring up the information I need. The student logs are easy to view and approve/disapprove, and it is great to be able to send them a message. I can now log and analyze more aspects of their service activities than just the hours served. So I have a better idea where they are going, and using the attributes i can look at some other aspects of school engagement that intersect with service.

Cons

The app is visually a bit light and hard to see the words on the phone. The words on the app is sometimes misleading. For example in the app it says "begin serving" to record an activity. That confuses my younger students as it seems like they are supposed to "check in" as they would a sign in sheet at our events. When in reality that is not the case. There is a glitch that does not allow some...

MobileServe happy customer

I am very happy with MobileServe in general. I am always excited when they put out new features and their customer service is excellent. They seem to be a company that adapts to the changing needs of customers

Pros

This product is very useful to cut down on unnecessary paperwork and files! The student apps have been seamless with our system so that everything is in real time. The reports that it exports are very fast and I am constantly running reports that I was unable to do before. The customer service is excellent. The updates are always improving functionality and they seem to really listen to the customer and innovate the app accordingly.

Cons

The language of the app takes some getting used to. Also since it is built for individual volunteers,service agencies and also schools, at times it is not one size fits all with the features. I would very much prefer that it did not post the total hours submitted when the student opens the app, because in our program the student's approved hours are what matters, and also the student starts at zero each school year. So it is a challenge to have to tell them to look past that number. Also the kiosk mode is hard for a school to use. Made more for another setting I think.

Love MobileServe

My overall experience has been really good. The support system at MobileServe is wonderful. The tech that I work with is very responsive, and extremely helpful. When I need to know something new (i.e. reports), the tech will send me a video and walk me through it step by step. MobileServe has made this part of my job so much easier. I so happy that we were introduced to Mobileserve.

Pros

It's easy to work with. I love that students can get supervisor signatures on site, or that they can email their supervisor requesting approval, and Mobileserve will send the supervisor and email for approval. I use to have to do all the entries myself, now with Mobileserve students are responsible for their own entries. It has saved me a lot of time, and my time is now used with just simply verifying student service entry. Mobileserve has made this part of my job a lot easier, and more efficient.

Cons

What I don't like is that you cannot tell when a student has a new entry. You have to go into each of the students records to see if a new entry was entered. What I would like to see, is when a new entry is entered, it should have a flag informing you that a entry has been submitted. This would save time from having to go into each individuals students records looking for new entries.

Mobile Serve and Service Projects for Middle and High Schoolers

No business problems, just getting used to the system and the challenge to train my 11 and 12 year old's who have to call or text parents to have them set up the account - takes time. The high school students have no problem, they can set up their own accounts with parental help.

Pros

Number 1: I like the ease that students can log in their service hours by either taking a photo of the place they served, or having an adult supervisor sign their name on the student's cell phone or having the student send the supervisor a verification form that just needs a click an automatically logged in. Number 2: as a teacher I have easy access to verify student's service it's at my fingertips. Number 3: Alleviates a "paper trail," which is what I had to use; now, I am paperless. Number 4: Expert help was always available and responsive in a timely manner.

Cons

Number 1: I work with 7th graders who are 11 or 12 years old and they need parental consent, first. I understand the policy, however, a mother e-mailed me she did not want to give her social security number to Mobile Serve. This was one experience - she waited until her daughter turned 13 (in April) and could set up her account on her own. Another "negative" is the system does not allow me to check...

Excellent tool for tracking service hours

The students find the app very user-friendly and reporting hours is much easier for them now. I like that there is a way to put in volunteer shifts now with the number of volunteers needed so that students can sign up for specific time slots. The mobile app checks them in when they arrive, which is very convenient. Also, when we have events on campus, the students can sign in and out using the kiosk mode.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. The team is very responsive to our needs and to our suggestions for future upgrades. I manage the service hours for over 150 students a year. MobileServe makes it easy to track and verify hours as well as to communicate with volunteers. I love the ability to set goals and also to create reports from all the data.

Cons

The only things I wish this software had that it doesn't are: 1) The ability to attach a file to a service event. Many service opportunities require an application and I can't attach the applications to the event announcement. 2) The ability to announce/advertise an open-ending volunteering opportunity. The opportunities have to be an event or something that occurs on a recurring date. If there is an organization that has flexible hours and/or that is looking for students to volunteer over a long period of time, I can't use the event feature.

MobileServe Reflection

Fantastic option to utilize our volunteer tracking.

Pros

I like most that it gives an economic value to the volunteering that people do and provides a beautiful graphic to display to others when sharing information about your volunteer impact. I also really like the breakdown of volunteer options for each user.

Cons

I think the event creator for volunteering is clunky and could be more user-friendly. I also wish that there was a notification function via the mobile app that I could approve hours. I also would like to see an economic value calculator or option for the type of volunteer work that is being done ex. a volunteer nurse has a greater economic value than a volunteer teen.

Basic Program but meets my needs

I would say my overall experience has been good but there needs to be improvements to the website and dashboard. The app and the website is a basic program. It would help me a lot if there was a "admin" app to work from on my phone.

Pros

I like the ability to be able to monitor the hours in one single location.

Cons

There is not an easy way of switching from one record to another. I have brought this up with the software team about 8 months ago. They mentioned it will be fixed over the summer and still have not see any improvements. If a character or word is left in the search field, it does not go away unless you delete it. If I was not aware of the program, it would stay there until I ask for help. On...

User Friendly & Effective

Pros

The mobile app is flexible and user friendly. It allows for multiple ways to verify service. The one feature that needs modifying is the limit on the on the number of hours service. Currently it's 20. To get around this one goes to his/her online account via a computer to edit the activity. MobileServe also offers sub-organizations as a way to organize groups and editable categories for different areas of service.

Cons

The limit an administrator has to changing content on a user's account. A school administrator cannot change a student account for accuracy. The student needs to do this and students do not always follow through. So, having access to account while an individual is associated with the organization would be an improvement. Also, MobileServe does not work with Naviance, the system used in the college admissions process. This would be helpful as most schools use this service and adding one's service profile to Naviance is an important step in the process.

Service as you go

It has been genuinely good. It was difficult getting another administrator on as it took several months.

Pros

You do not need to remember to bring the paper. The student always has an accounting of her hours throughout her high school experience as she applies for scholarships, college, awards, and other organizations like National Honor Society. As an administrator I can give an instant accounting of the service hours and where the students did their hours.

Cons

There is no where on the app that says be sure to fill everything in or the hours will not register with the administrator. I had many snafus with making sure the number of hours that were registered with me were also the same as she had. The directions at times were confusing...

Quick and easy communication with groups and individuals!

The students can take it with them and be accountable to get the signatures and keep a running log of their hours. I did miss emails sometimes to go in an sign-off as an advisor for some of the students and it threw them behind on knowing how many hours counted for them. We did get a bit better over time with them reminding me.

Pros

Having the students to be organized and accountable on the spot with their Community Service hours is fantastic! Being able to keep in contact with so many people in so many different places at one time, ease of use, and user-friendly updates from our suggestions are all fantastic.

Cons

Getting the students to consistently use it to track their hours and would love a quick-high school friendly tutorial within the app. so they could learn how to use it quickly.

Overall a good product

Overall, it has reduced my workload considerably by having the recording of hours done through the app. The only problem is that there are too many students submitting incomplete records and thinking that they're done with their part of it when they're not. Having said that, when I do reach out to MobileServe, they are quick with a response and have promptly addressed most issues.

Pros

It's easy to set up and use. Students are able to work with the app easily and the feedback from them is that it's much easier than the paper system we used before.

Cons

I wish that certain fields (such as the name of the organization served and the verification information for the supervisor) could be required but because that can't be customized by school we haven't been able to get that feature. This means that many students log in hours without including any source of verification which means I need to track down those students and instruct each one on how to fix the problem. Also, when they log in they see the hours that they've recorded, not the hours that have been approved which is misleading for them.

Great, but a few ideas

Pros

- The app is so easy for the students to use. - I love being able to set goals. - This saves so much time compared to having to input all of their information into a spreadsheet.

Cons

- It would be nice to create a report & save the parameters, so I don't have to run and edit reports over and over again. - It would be helpful if the Bulk Create had a drop down list of the students within the organization so I could just go down the list and check the students it applied to instead of having to key in each name. - Allow the option of putting multiple dates, or a range of time, for...

It works well and easy enough to navigate.

Pros

Out of all of the service hour tracking systems available, MobileServe had the most options. It has a sleek interface the translates well to mobile devices. There are several ways for uses to verify their service hours. Running reports is relatively easy.

Cons

You cannot create user accounts yourself, all endusers need to register and add an organization code. When dealing with hundreds of users, it can be pretty frustrating trying to get all of the users to follow all of the steps to register properly. If they gave admins the option to upload a user spreadsheet like most other systems I use, this would be so much easier. I really would also like the ability to remove users from the organizations if they change status or leave.

Incredibly useful for Volunteer Tracking

This is a fabulous program that ensures volunteers have everything they need to succeed.

Pros

I love that we can hold our team accountable through this product - it allows us to ensure everyone has access to volunteer opportunities, keep track of logged hours, and identify how our service impacts our community.

Cons

It has had several upgrades and improvements since we started - though I would say that the main issue has been lacking certain features we wished were there. All of which are probably particular to only us.

This has streamlined so much for our service program.

It allows us to begin tracking our students' service experiences from their very first day at our school until their last four years down the road. I especially appreciate what it allows us to track with our multi-faceted senior level semester long projects.

Pros

I appreciate that Mobile Serve listens to our concerns and actively works to update the functionality of the app. It has grown so much in the short time we've used it!

Cons

There are some features with sorting that could be improved, but otherwise, anytime we've had a suggestion they have been more than willing to work with us to either find a solution as is or to adapt the program to suit our needs.