Quizizz Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.47/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The gamification aspect is a plus that motivates students. Teleporting from other quizzes is also an excellent feature that helps teachers help each other.
Overall, it is a great product that students love to use to practice ELA skills. I love that you can find/use other's quizzes instead of just having your own to use.
It is sometimes difficult for students to connect to an assessment and the cry of "I can't get in" can be heard from them. The problem can usually be solved within a few minutes' time.
I hate that we can only unlock with a paid account.

Quizizz users...

+ 5

Google Forms

Mentimeter-logocaret

Mentimeter

How would you rate Quizizz?

SB

Stacey B.

teacher

Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

One of my Favorites

Transcript

Stacey B.: Hi, I'm Stacey. I am an elementary teacher teaching third grade, and I give Quizizz a five...

Great for in class competitions

Transcript

Glennda: Hi, my name is Glennda and I am a teacher in a high school, and I give Quizizz a five out of...

Effective and Engaging Review and Training Tool Online

Pros

I love how Quizizz allows users to search through a large bank of already-made questions. I also enjoy using Quizizz's "Homework" feature for Asynchronous learning and staff development. I often use Quizizz for ice-breakers and staff "get to know you" activities during professional development days.

Cons

I dislike how some once-free features are now premium only. For instance, I cannot schedule a homework game far in advance. I must wait until the day or two before the game's time frame to create the game and share out the game link. I also have to put an end date on my games since I do not have a premium account.

A good gamified quiz platform for more fun and engagement

Quizizz is designed to be learner centric to motivate students. There are also some prepared quizzes publicly available to use directly which is a good feature.

Pros

Quizizz is very easy for creating and conducting online quizzes. They have a clean and clutter free website. The basic account plan gives pretty good functionalities to create and publish multiple choice or open ended quizzes. The quiz question types are also customizable. The magic part comes when we conduct a quiz. The whole process is gamified to engage students and bring more interaction. Students...

Cons

Quizizz questions are highly customizable but a lot of options can sometimes confuse users.

Quiziz fun way to assess

Assessment platform for students good review.

Pros

My students can work at their own pace. I can easily create my own quiz and answers and add photos and it will generate a game code.

Cons

So many categories to choose from may not necessarily been on grade level you need.

Teachers Must Use Quizizz!

My overall experience with Quizizz is great because I can give students a quiz easily and in an enjoyable way.

Pros

What I like most about Quizizz is the competitive spirit it gives to the students because it shows timely results to the students, indicating their points and their position on the leaderboard.

Cons

What I least like about Quizizz is the feedback mechanism because it only flashes briefly when it's done live.

A Perfect Tool for Student Engagement

Pros

Easy to Use Easy learning curve Fun and engaging Accessible: ability to heave questions read out loud Question and answer options together on student’s device Many question structure options Can personally look through the questions you got wrong

Cons

I did not experience any cons while utilizing the platform

Quizizz review

I used Quizizz solely in student engagement. It’s fun and interactive while promoting active learning.

Pros

Quizizz can easily feel like a game to students and that in itself is a major benefit. It promotes learning while having good fun. Student participation and engagement has led to more discussions which all in all leads to retention of knowledge. Leaderboard also keeps the students motivated because everyone wants to do well. Great software !

Cons

I wish questions can be reviewed in isolation however the game does not pause after each question. This would be a great benefit as this can lead to student discussion to ensure understanding.

Quizizz for Fun Engagement

Overall, I love using Quizizz. I have used it as a high school teacher, and as a graduate student to engage peers and employees of the university. It works for a wide audience for reviewing content in a fun way!

Pros

The delivery of questions through gamification is what I like most about this software. If I want to review content with my students in a fun way, I think of Quizizz and Kahoot!. Students can become tired of just one, so I alternate them, and they enjoy both. I also like that Quizizz can be used live and asynchronously. The asynchronous feature makes it unique.

Cons

I wish the software had a way to adapt new backgrounds (colors and fonts) and sounds. The fact that there is not many options for this within the program is what I like least about the software.

Best interactive learning platform

With covid and students not attending face to face meetings. Quizziz has really helped cover that gap. Instructors can interact with students through the application. The other good thing is gamification can be a good option if you need learners to master specific modules or topics

Pros

The product has a very good interface which makes it very easy to use for both learners and teachers. The instructors have visibility into the learners reports which will help them identify where the learners need assistance. The gamification option is also an advantage as it encourages participation from learners.

Cons

It is a great tool. I have no reservations for now. I enjoy what the product is offering especially with the Covid period with students learning from home.

Great Adjunct to Classroom Teaching

Pros

It feels like a game to many students and keeps them engaged and focused. I’ve definitely noticed more engagement and higher levels of retention of knowledge.

Cons

Inappropriate names should be filtered out automatically

Gran herramienta para evaluar y divertirse

Mi experiencia con Quizizz es muy positiva. Lo recomiendo mucho tanto para docentes como para otro tipo de formaciones.

Pros

Es una herramienta muy fácil de utilizar. Ayuda a evaluar y aprender de forma divertida. Hay muchas opciones de preguntas y permite muchos participantes.

Cons

No tengo nada que me haya gustado menos. Hasta ahora, ¡todo genial!

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Exciting Tool for Learning

All I have to do is mention Quizizz and my students light up and become laser focused. My students see it as a game, but I know that it is a fun, useful tool for assessing students existing knowledge or what they have learned throughout the unit. Making games is relatively easy, but finding usable games that others have made make this an invaluable tool.

Pros

Not only does Quizizz allow for some interesting and exciting learning and assessment, but it does it while being relevant and approachable. Taking the tried-and-true approach to gamifying learning, Quizizz takes the "earn points for quick, correct answers" idea and makes it entertaining by letting players earn power-ups and see fun memes. When I use Quizizz, my students stay engaged and focused, which allows for me to see what they know and have learned all while allowing students to have fun and be competitive. Another absolutely wonderful feature is the asynchronous play. I can generate a link that I can post somewhere or send to someone, and that player can play the game anywhere anytime. A great tool for distance learning as well!

Cons

There isn't much I dislike, but one of the more challenging tasks when using Quizizz is finding a high-quality "game" to play. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for the ability to quickly search from countless pre-made games by other users, but it would be nice if there was a vetting system to finding games made by professionals, such as certified users or even just adults. If I have time, it's not a problem to quickly preview the game to see how well it is made (such as its grammar, focus, etc.), but if I want to quickly find a game to play at a moment's notice, I get irritated by having to filter through so many games that look as if they were made by younger students. Still, this is a minor irritation at worst.

Can't go wrong with Quizzes, a must for formative and summative assessments

I use quizzes on a weekly basis in my algebra classroom. The fact that I can create quick exams or quizzes is very useful especially in these times of virtual learning. Prepping time and implementation time has been cut by the use of this program.

Pros

The fact that you can quickly and easily create formative and summative assessments is a must for any teacher. The fact that it is user friendly and you can have assessments ready in minutes, by using those that are already available and have the ability to quickly edit them, is phenomenal.

Cons

I wish there was a way of importing questions from a spreadsheet or directly from a doc. It's easy to create questions, but it would be great to import from ones that we already have pre-made. Sometimes the imported pictures are a bit small and students have a hard time to see them, if they are part of a question.

Quizziz-Gamechanger

I love Quizziz! So do my kids! I'm very pleased with the updates!!!

Pros

It's easy to use. Inexpensive. I like the question options. It's very engaging for my students. My students love the "football" and "synthwave" themes!

Cons

It would be nice to post an image and add audio. Now, I have to create an actual video and post it. Could we get more theme choices? I do like that there is variety now. Some reggae, Caribbean? Daftpunk? Total time-lapse timer would be a good feature for the lessons especially!

Wonderful alternative assessment tool!

I am constantly trying to get my co-workers to give quizizz a try. Many are hesitant to try something new in fear that it will be difficult to use and not student friendly. It automatically grades, allows for multiple attempts, generates a homework code and can generate an item analysis report. I use it very often as a formative assessment just before the test. This allows for an intervention with the student before the test. The option to email the parent a copy of the quiz helps keep the parents in the loop if necessary. Now with distance learning, i have an even greater appreciation for the software because it seamlessly integrates with google classroom.

Pros

I love how this assessment tool can be student paced and the questions are seen on the individual electronic devices. Teaching students with a variety of learning differences, this allows for them to take the quizizz in their time.

Cons

Honestly this software is almost perfect!...But I would love to be able to filter question type (MC, checkbox, FITB, poll, open-ended) when teleporting questions from other Quizizz users.

This is a great tool for remote/traditional classrooms

I have used quizizz every day for warmups, quick assessments and extra practice. It is bonafide.

Pros

I love the changes you make that are so student centered. Powerups, etc. students love personal choice and you make it easy. I also love how the questions & answers are on the same screen so students who are learning remotely can see both. That is a huge plus over kahoot.

Cons

I love this software. If it integrated with our grade portal that would be nice, but our grade portal is a sad little app that no one uses.

Quizizz is essential to the new landscape of virtual teaching

Overall, Quizizz is an excellent program specifically for giving game-like assessments. It is far more useful than a Google Form because the questions are timed which prevents a students ability to look up answers, teachers can individually pick from already created questions, Quizizz will post directly to Google Classroom and their grade upload automatically. Quizizz is the most useful tool I currently use in the virtual teaching landscape, and has been one of the most useful teaching tools I've used for years!

Pros

The feature I like most, BY FAR, about Quizizz is the Teleport feature when creating a quiz. A teacher is multitasking now more than ever as we teach virtually and time does not always lend itself to typing up entire quizzes and tests. With the Teleport feature teachers can chose to import another teacher's entire quiz or select individual questions from various quizzes that are already created. The Teleport feature is the most important and functional feature of Quizizz.

Cons

I do not like how questions and quizzes in the Quizizz software are so easily accessed by students for the purpose of cheating. While I like to keep my Quizizz public so that other teachers can teleport my questions for their benefit, it is a double edge sword because a student simply has to search my username or Quizizz title and they can easily find my quiz with all of the answers. Quizizz is the best tool to hold students accountable when taking assessments, but its purpose is defeated if they have access to all of the questions and answers in advance.

Fantastic Formative Assessment

Fantastic!

Pros

This program has been absolutely essential this year. I can create formative assessments within minutes and receive data in seconds to inform my instruction. Features that I love: I can automatically compare whole class scores. I can see at a single glance how individual students are doing. I can review the top missed questions with one click. Students can work at their own pace. They have funny...

Cons

There isn’t anything negative I can say about the program. I could see ways that you could further develop it in the future (allow more integration features...automatically add grades to Infinite Campus like GradeCam does, or add more slides features) but it functions very well just the way it is currently.

Classroom Favorite

Quizizz is the quickest, easiest way to get quality data from my students, and the kids absolutely love playing.

Pros

I love how engaged my students are when playing Quizizz. There is a huge variety of ready-to-use Quizizz games available to choose from or edit to your liking, or you can create your own game using your own questions and answers. I especially like that each game can be customized to shuffle questions, turn on/off the timer, and all the options for student feedback. Data analysis is super easy with...

Cons

I used to be really bothered by the inability to turn off the timer. I felt that students rushed through questions to beat the timer or earn more points. This, however, is now a feature you can toggle on or off when setting up your Quizizz game. I don’t really think I have any dislikes anymore.

Quizizz - a MUST have for teachers of advanced subjects!

This program saved me as a new teacher! Extensive question banks on all regular subjects, but also pre-AP and AP subjects! With diagrams, charts, graphs, images - and I can copy and use them all! I used to do all of my tests Public, and it was a bit of a thrill to see my questions popping up on other teacher's tests. But I had to stop that, because the kids figured out how to access Public quizzes, and with one click had all the answers! So now I do my quizzes Private, and use Google search for the extensive question base. Which is still amazing.

Pros

Quizizz has a huge test bank of questions for almost any topic. I have found questions from quantum mechanics to iso linear equations to orthographic sketching to CRISPR. It used to be searchable internally, but that functionality has disappeared. However, it is all still searchable through Google. When students take Quizizz as a test, the questions and even the answers are scrambled - makes it hard...

Cons

Quizizz does not allow free response or matching, so this limits it's usefulness to tell if they really understand the material. It would be nice if they had a poll feature like Kahoot so we could argue and debate information (kids really remember things they argued about) I would love a question type "draw" where students could mark on the screen the correct answer (maps, diagrams, etc) The ability to link to standards is only in the Paid version.

My Go-To APP for in-person, remote, or hybrid learning!

Quizizz allows me to formatively and summatively assess my students on a regular basis. I am able to upload my own questions and images, set timers or allow for self-paced questions, and provide feedback to students. There are also multiple optoins for how you assess your students, which has been super helpful with the multiple choice, fill in the blank, open response, and other types of responses.

Pros

This is by far the easiest program to use, and I have played around with MANY! Quizizz is so user friendly for both teacher and student and doesn't require us to jump through 700 hoops to get to our quiz. I am easily able to link my students on Google Classroom to Quizizz and set up live games or asynchronous practice. HIGHLY recommend Quizizz over all APPS!

Cons

There were some copyright infringements posted by other teachers, but Quizizz customer service took them down immediately. So, I wouldn't say this is something I dislike, but rather appreciate that they value the integrity of their site and following laws. Super responsive customer service and always super friendly! You don't see that very often anymore. Thank you!

An Important Complement to My Teaching Tools

My overall experience with Quizizz is positive. I do appreciate it being linked to my Google Classroom.

Pros

It was a pleasure to have been introduced to this product in August 2017 because since then I have been using this product in both pre-teaching and in assessment for my students in Grades3, 4, 5, and 6 at St. Cecilia's School and in my Religious Education Programme (CCD) at St. Cecila's Church. I use the multiple-choice aspect to assist my students in mastery the content and concepts in my classes...

Cons

I find it challenging not to be able to edit a quiz after students have begun using it. Sometimes I may have an error that I did not detect before use and I would need to introduce a new code when a quiz was already in use. If a quiz has not be used, I can edit, but occassionaly, I do not identify mistakes until after students begin using the product.

So many classroom uses!

I've noticed that students are not nearly as apprehensive for a quiz, a much higher percentage of them will actually review the material when it's a competition, and the Google integration makes life so much easier for both students AND teachers!

Pros

First of all, we've all had to make the switch to Google Classroom (to stay as consistent as possible during the pandemic), so it's very nice to be able to add your classes directly and then post assignments FROM QUIZIZZ instead of having to copy a link or add a code for them to access their activity. Secondly (from a teacher standpoint), the ability to see scores in the report (and in real-time during...

Cons

Mostly that I'd have to pay for the 'Super' version... but at $5 a month, I'm seriously considering it! Don't know when (or if) we'll ever get back to 'normal', but I can see continuing to use QUIZIZZ as an invaluable learning/teaching tool. The only other 'down-side' for me is that I use it so much, I've needed to start being more creative in naming their activities --- just so I can find what I'm looking for in the reports (but that's on me, not the website!)

Excellent Review Tool

Quizizz is a very effective and engaging tool for learning that suits all my needs. I absolutely love how easy it is to use and how affordable it is. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, easy, and effective way to liven up the learning environment.

Pros

What I love about Quizizz is how much of an interactive platform it is. It is especially useful during online learning because students are able to create questions themselves based on the presentations they give in class. Other students can then play the game to see how much they have retained from the presentations and teachers are able to see who paid attention and who did not. Other than that, Quizizz is a very user-friendly tool that makes learning extremely fun and it makes the classroom setting more lively because of the increased engagement during lessons. I use Quizizz mostly for reviews before exams and find it effective in refreshing students' memories about what was taught in class.

Cons

There are few cons to be addressed, however, one that I would like to mention is that Quizizz makes it so players are able to be on different questions at the same time. This makes it easy for them to cheat during class reviews because if one person is quicker in answering a question, then they can pass the answer on to someone else who had not gotten to it yet.

Great product to teach, many more options could come

It has helped reviewing vocabulary and making it a game, it helps reinforce learning

Pros

It’s easy to use, and the children like the game format.

Cons

The invites do t seem to get to parents, and it’s complicated then to get the children involved and working

Fun, Exciting Program

Engagement has gone way up since implementing Quizizz. Reviewing or previewing content has never been easier or more exciting!

Pros

What I like most about this feature is the engagement that I get when I use it. Just by loading a quiz, the atmosphere becomes one of focused--yet fun--learning. This a phenomenal tool for learning and studying. The ability to duplicate and edit existing question sets from the impressive, collaborative bank is amazing. A big bonus is the power-ups and memes which keep things fresh and exciting.

Cons

There are few things that I dislike about Quizizz, but one bothersome aspect, at least at first, is the interface or dashboard. When first learning to use the program, it can be kind of messy and confusing. When trying to find an existing game to use, the search results can be a little tricky to navigate and use. This issue disappears with experience, however.