SignUp.com Logo

SignUp.com

Volunteer management solution for community & school leaders

SignUp.com Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.38/10

Reviews by rating

I love how easy this is to use for both the administrator and the user. I love that as a user you can sign up without creating an account.
SignUp is a great tool to use. It was very easy to maneuver and all the reminders were very helpful.
I hate to admit it as I've always considered myself fairly computer literate, but it may just have been my age related declining tech savvyness.
I think their communication and messaging could be tightened up more so that the administrators of the scheduling know when someone has cancelled or moved their sign up time.
Sometimes it's difficult to link to the specific sign up if the user is not registered.

Elizabeth S.

Teacher

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Fulfills it's function

Transcript

Elizabeth: Hi, I'm Elizabeth, and I'm a small business owner. I give SignUp.com a four out of five. If...

BB

Benjamin B.

Educator

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Excellent in all respects!

Transcript

Ben: Hi, I'm Ben. I'm a guidance counselor. I give SignUp.com a five, and I'd like you to click below...

Lisa S.

Awesome Service

convenience of having everything in one place

Pros

Using SignUp is really easy and makes organizing an event so much simpler! In the past, I had people RSVP by e-mailing me, then I created a spreadsheet of who was coming and what they were bringing, but SignUp does all that for me. No more scrolling through e-mail to make sure I didn't miss one.

Cons

None, really. I could pay for all the bells and whistles, but I don't need them. The basic service is all I need.

EA

Elisabeth A.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Easy to use!

Pros

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love using SignUp.com. It’s easy to use, lets me coordinate with a lot of different people, and get spots filled quickly. Thanks a lot!

Cons

The only downside is that on the user side, people have complained that it's hard to tell who has signed up just by their initial. In our case, people like to sign up for events with their friends, so maybe adding an option for them to see someone's full name right away.

Thanks for being a leader in your workplace and for taking the time to review our product, Elizabeth! For future reference, full Participant names are shown on smartphone screens under each Spot when people sign up. For Participants signing up on larger-screen devices, clicking on the initials shows their full names. (Provided the Organizer has checked the option allowing Participants to see the names of who has signed up .)

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Too complicated to be of use for our company

This might work for a consistent group of people using and learning, but if you have constant new people using it, it is far too complex.

Pros

The idea behind the software is great. Being able to have people sign up for a program from wherever they are is very helpful and cuts down on time spent for someone to have to organize and schedule.

Cons

The software is not user friendly. We were constantly bombarded with questions and complaints from people trying to sign up for a day to come in and volunteer. And because our volunteers cycle, there was no option to train them. It was always new people having trouble.

DK

Danielle K.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Sign Up management is a breeze with Signup.com

Perfect for a small school or small non-profit in planning an event where lots of people bring multiple items.

Pros

Easy to use, quick and makes management of sign up lists a breeze! No more thousands of emails back and forth or worrying about people replying all to make sure things don't get doubled up. Plus they send reminders!!

Cons

Lots of ads on a page, but that's because it's free. Just need to be away of what not to click on.

An ad-free experience is available removing all ads for $9.99 for monthly subscriptions and $99 for annual subscriptions.

Matthew R.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Sign Up: Easy to use software for your sign up needs!

Pros

How simple it is to pick up and use. When we were looking for a solution to help us manage people signing up for working out on our field test consoles, we needed something that would be super easy to use (both from an Admin side and a user side). SignUp.com fits all of our needs to a T!

Cons

There is nothing to not love about SignUp.com! Everything they say they can do they do perfectly.

Heather M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Highly recommend

Love it. Thanks SignUp!

Pros

SignUp.com makes volunteer management a joy rather than a chore.

Cons

There is sometimes a lag between volunteer responses and the notices I receive. It's not a big deal, but has occasionally resulted in me getting information a bit late.

Heather, thank you so much for the positive review! And THANK YOU for all you do  we're thrilled to hear that the SignUp platform is making volunteer management easier for you. If you run into the lagging issue again, please reach out to our customer support team at support@signup.com and they can ask our tech team to investigate. We want things to be as seamless as possible for you. Tara McAdams SignUp Marketing Manager

Audra W.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Pros

By far the easiest way to sign up for things for large group so. We use it for tours in the admissions office & it’s so easy to see what everyone is doing & who is available.

Cons

Can be difficult to maneuver at first but once you start it is great!

Kathy L.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product!

I love Signup.com. I recruit volunteers for our University events and this makes that process easy. The interface is pleasant and intuitive. Our students response is very high. It is partly because our events are cool, but also because the SignUp makes it easy for them.

Pros

Ease of use and attractive interface that people respond well to.

Cons

We have late night programs. It's hard to schedule into the wee hours without creating a new day. A minor inconvenience.

Higher Education,

Used other for 6-12 months

Great online tool for volunteer management.

Pros

SignUp makes volunteer recruitment so much easier. Not only does the program streamline the process but it also helps me plan out volunteer roles, descriptions and schedules. This, with the added benefit of downloadable templates makes volunteer management a breeze.

Cons

A few more options for downloadable templates would be helpful (i.e a calendar with names and roles listed).

Kawsar H.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nice for meeting

I like it very much. No specific technical knowledge is needed.

Pros

Very user-friendly and customizable. It can also synchronize with the calendar and update the calendar. Reminds you of the event.

Cons

Not having any cons to me so far. Maybe adding more features for the free version. But overall it is good and has no issues.

BT

Brynn T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Convenient Volunteer Calendar

We are always looking for ways to engage volunteers and streamline the process of communicating volunteer opportunities and logistics. SignUp.com allows us to use a free web-based solution that is easily accessible for our school's parent population, and it makes our jobs as volunteer coordinators much more simple than if we were trying to maintain offline records.

Pros

Our PTO has used SignUp.com for over two years. As a nonprofit serving a local public school, we love that it is free for all of our parents who are trying to help our students and teachers. We use it to track volunteers for all of our projects. It is easy to copy/paste recurring shifts for jobs such as Media Center volunteers but we can also customize the shifts for specific days or alternate schedules....

Cons

The mobile version of SignUp.com does not display the details very conveniently for users. For Book Fairs, we list the classes that are coming during each volunteer shift, and we often hear from volunteers who ask us when their child's class is coming because they cannot see the details for the shifts. It seems to require a lot of clicking/navigating to access the specific shift details on the mobile version.

Angela R.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy and Quick

Signup.com saves me time, because it manages my paperwork and keeps everything neatly organized on their website. It allows individuals to choose what time/date works best for them and emails confirmations for me.

Pros

I love that I can use signup.com to have parents and students sign up for a time to complete parent-teacher conferences. I am an online teacher and signup.com makes it super quick to put together an event, in this case conferences, with individual slots people can sign up for that work for them. I put together a list of possible options, and, using my specific event link which I email to parents, signup.com directs them to choose a slot. Once the slot is full, it is unavailable for anyone else. Signup.com saves me so much time. I can put together an event in 5 -10 minutes, and signup.com manages it for me. I can then check who has signed up and confirm with them their slot.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like. I would recommend adding more picture designs to spice up the invites.

AB

Andrew B.

Show Up Improvement

It has helped our Latinos in Action Program here at Kearns High tremendously! We do a lot of service projects, service activities, social and cultural activities as part of our class. Before, we would print out a sign Up sheet and pass it around the class. Students would only be able to sign up when they came to class and would forget they did. They would also have things come up and not tell me, which...

Pros

It is easy to use and very user friendly. The links make it easy to use and for students to access.

Cons

Sometimes I would get cancellations but students did not cancel.

PS

Patricia S.

Excellent!

Pros

Sign Up is relatively easy to use, but mostly it is such a time saver when trying to schedule an event with many people. At my school we have used it for parents to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences. It saves all the back and forth of letting parents know when you are available, and letting them choose from what you have posted. I used it this past summer to schedule tutoring sessions. Instead of rattling of what days and times I was available (which would change every time someone signed up) they could just go in and check. Then Sign Up sends out emails both to the parents and myself a few days prior as a reminder. I have recommended a Sign Up to many other teachers, but nearly anyone could make use of it for a variety of tasks.

Cons

Only at the beginning, I was a little lost in finding my way around the site, but the help was quick, personal and very helpful in putting me on track.

Thanks, Patricia - we appreciate you sharing your experiences using SignUp and your positive review! Thanks for all you do for ALL the kids and have a wonderful school year!

IS

Ihor S.

Environmental Services, self-employed

SignUp.com is excellent

I am using this software with a nonprofit volunteer organization. We need volunteers to assist students in a program called "Trout in the Classroom" that needs volunteers pretty much Monday through Fridays during April and May. The software allows volunteers to easily sign up (takes less than 30 seconds) and keeps track of the number of volunteers for any given day. It has been very helpful, and I think increased the number of volunteers.

Pros

I was able to set up a sign up for volunteers quite easily. The program allows me to enter information about the event (date, time, location, number of volunteers needed, and a brief description of volunteer requirements). The program tracks the number of volunteers and sends an immediate confirmatory email to persons who signed up as well as a follow up reminder a couple of days before the event.

Cons

I couldn't find anything that I dislike about this software. It is easy for me to enter data and very easy for volunteers to sign up.

Ihor, thank you for the excellent review! I'm so happy to hear that SignUp is making your job easier and boosting volunteer participation at your Trout in the Classroom event. We are proud to help power nonprofits like yours! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

BR

Boyd R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for HS Reunion Organizing!

I've also used SignUp.com to organize a professional luncheon, and our turnout was higher than ever -- we believe because of the ease of RSVP-ing and paying in just a matter of minutes. Will definitely recommend SignUp.com and use it again in the future, enthusiastically!

Pros

Setting up the RSVP and payment functions (through WePay) was straightforward and intuitive. While not specifically designed for this specific function (a high school class reunion), it worked spectacularly and not only helped people RSVP, but also commit with their payments and get automatic periodic reminders. It took the pain out of having to collect money in cash or checks, and eliminated the need to post "someone at the door" to collect, so that all of us could just enjoy the reunion when it arrived. Also the ability to generate the list of RSVPs (sign-ups) and share with others was terrific.

Cons

For us, gathering RSVPs but also collecting money, the process of going from one to the other could be improved as a few people signed up but didn't pay at first, and others paid at first but didn't "sign up." Once the organizer chooses to collect money, the system should self-configure to guide the end-user (who is signing up) to both sign up and then pay, to avoid having people do one part but not the other.

SD

Shery D.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Made My Life SO Much Easier!

When I have a program like SignUp.com, I have much more time to do my job more efficiently.

Pros

This school year was my first time using SignUp.com and I LOVED IT! It made a huge difference in organizing all our parent volunteers throughout the year. They even received reminder emails from SignUp.com. Wow! Thank you so much for having this available!

Cons

I haven't discovered any weaknesses in this program.

ST

Suzanne T.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

SignUp.com makes volunteer sign up easy

I've used SignUp.com for various volunteer activities for my children's school. It was user friendly, appealing to the eye, and provided good reminders to volunteers before their time slot.

Pros

I love being able to create sign ups so quickly and easily. Being able to sync with calendars is a very helpful tool.

Cons

When I was using it regularly, I felt it was a little time consuming to choose the correct background photo/wallpaper.

JB

Jean B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Ease of scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups

I've used this website for about three years, and it has been an efficient, well-organized website for me to use when scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups.

Pros

SignUp.com made it fairly easy for me to create parent sign-ups and check on the status of their sign-ups.

Cons

Not being tech savvy, I did have to ask my younger colleagues how to complete a few of the steps.

KM

Kim M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

As a teacher I use this product to get parents to sign up for parent teacher conferences.

Pros

I especially like that reminders are sent out to parents. I no longer have parents forgetting to come to a conference. I also really like that parents can easily follow the link sent out without having to sign in to the site. My previous sign ups are also saved and this allows me to look back to see who signed up. Parents are also able to change their sign up times without me having to get involved. It is a super fair way do conference sign ups and it makes my life so much easier.

Cons

At this point I do not have anything that I do not like. Since I do not use the site all the time it takes me a few minutes each time to get used to things again. However, it is easy enough to figure out and I have not had any problems getting around the site and getting the job done that I need to do. Thank you.

LK

Linda K.

Another very satisfied SignUp.com User

I have been using this software for about 3 years now to organize the over 200 volunteers who manage our annual charitable event, a used book sale sponsored by the Friends of the Guelph Public Library. Although retired now (and volunteering!) I have worked with LOTS of software people in my nearly 30 years of IT work, and the SIGNUP support team are a notch way above the average in absolutely every...

Pros

ease of set-up and use flexibility of set-up options reliability - no down time communication "hooks" (messaging) that is built in uploads of external contact lists very easy and error free

Cons

some of the reporting could be improved, and I am not thrilled that I have to pay the top price to be able to do cross-signup reports. Maybe someday that will become a standard feature.

CL

Claire L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very Easy to Use

SignUp.com has eased the process that I used to manage large events needing many volunteers doing different jobs with Excel spreadsheets... volunteers changing shifts, emailing me with every change or question. It was so time consuming. Now I can send out all the openings, with details on each shift and people can make their own selections and changes if they want. I am more efficient and able to reach more people with the sign-up link. I can post the signup link in lots of places and everyone can access it. It is just terrific.

Pros

It is easy to use and allows me to add volunteer jobs, add shifts along with writing separate descriptions. It is easy to add to, easy to make changes, run reports and sends reminders to participants along with emails to me about changes and final names for the event. It is great.

Cons

When I receive the emails, there are ads on the letters. But I understand that it is necessary, especially as it is free to us! As a non-profit with $0 budget for this, I am grateful for this tool.

MS

Marilyn S.

Nonprofit Organization Management,

I use the SignUp software to organize volunteer activities at Interbay P-Patch in Seattle WA

Organization was easy, no pencil and paper required, easy to access and to retrieve, well organized events that ran smoothly and raised a lot of money or helped a lot of people.

Pros

Ease of use, free, clear graphics, allows use of pictures/photos, volunteers can access some parts of the program to be independent in signing up and making some changes, makes a permanent record of the event and who participated. Keeps things well organized and transparent.

Cons

Short but necessary learning. Curve. Several of our older volunteers who are not very technology savvy had difficulty accessing and using the software and kept needing reinforcement. Hard to share info with others unless using a more advanced (must pay for it) version.

CK

Christi K.

SignUp.com is the Way to Go

Pros

I am an Athletic Director and I have to find people to work the events that we have. In the past, I had to assign them and it was a complete disaster because what I assigned never worked out for them. With Sign Up, everyone can sign up for the activity that they want and they can pick the day to work that fits in their schedule. I love it and I know that the other workers appreciate the fact that they get a choice in what they do. Thank you for creating this website!! Christi Kehoe Southeast Valley JH AD

Cons

I truly have not found anything that I am unhappy with on SignUp.com.

Christi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We love hearing how our tool makes the lives of our educators (and their volunteers) a little less stressful we're so happy to be able to help, especially during these challenging times. Tara McAdams SignUp Marketing Manager

JC

Jill C.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Will 100 percent be using again for our Giving Tree each year!

From beginning to end, the assistance I received from the company was a tremendous help and made it quite simple to achieve a successful outcome! Even the billing is quick, easy and flexible!

Pros

The online assistance was phenomenal, they answered all my questions quickly and in full. They also allowed me to set up a 1on1 with a trainer on how best to utilize the program. The autonomy of the individuals was a huge plus as well as the ability to customize the verbiage for both signing up as well as theyconfirmation email the individuals received was an added bonus!

Cons

None of the features were truly difficult although the initial understanding of exactly what the program was capable of required a meeting with and assistance from one of the trainers. But that was also very quick and simple as once I provided all the info, they set the rest of it up from their end and was so fast and easy!

Jill, Thank you for the positive feedback! We love being able to support do-gooders like yourself - Giving Tree SignUps are especially near and dear to our hearts since they help bring a little joy to many families during the holidays. "Quick, easy and flexible" is what we strive for in our tool, and our amazing customer support team goes above and beyond to make sure it is. I'm so glad to hear you had such a great first experience and that you plan to return for future event planning! Please reach out if we can be of assistance. Tara M. Marketing Manager