WineDirect Logo
WineDirect

Direct-to-customer (DTC) sales for winery businesses

visit website

WineDirect Reviews

3.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.41/10

Reviews by rating

As a whole WineDirect has been much more intuitive that past products. We love the ability to do partial refunds and how user friendly it is.
I like this software overall and the customer service interaction I've had (only a few times) were definitely good.
The tools that are there for the website can be a bit confusing and not always the easiest to work with.

RJ

Rick J.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

Wine Direct

I get what I pay for. Consistent, timely service and reliability

Pros

Ease of use. Reliability. The product delivered exactly what was promised.

Cons

Nothing so far. We haven't had a single problem with them since we started using them 6 months ago.

JB

Jason B.

Wonderful POS...lacking back office

I use WineDirect daily, and while it does leave a little to be desired in some locations, it does help me and my team assist our customers, update our website, and control our inventory as we need it to do.

Pros

the POS side of this software is really convenient and useful for our tasting room staff. It's easy to set your own layout, include photos, take separate payments, refund/exchange. All things that have helped the functionality of our tasting room.

Cons

The reporting is not easy to use and sometimes when I add a modifier to the report (ie. "don't include zero quantity) it will still show up in the report. the tools that are there for the website can be a bit confusing and not always the easiest to work with. I really don't like that we can't change a shipping address because it checks compliance before creating the label.

Hi Jason - thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear you are having a good experience with our Point of Sale! I've shared your comments about our reporting tools with our team. I see you've voted on and commented on our Ideas Forum about editing shipping addresses; it is definitely something we are looking at for future consideration!

LL

Laura L.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Changing vendors as soon as we can

Customer support is non-existant. For example, it took me 13 emails to resolve an issue...then the WD employee said "they should have read the email more closely"...yeah probably a good idea.

Pros

Nothing really...there are much better systems out there now.

Cons

They were supposed to move to the "All New" WD...2 years ago. That hasn't happened. Functionality of the remaining system is getting worse by the day. We have completely lost confidence in the system as our system of record.

DC

Denise C.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Wine Direct for your website and point of sale

We are able to process an order for wine shipment directly through this system that generates a shipping label, sends the info to Sovos Ship Compliant and then they report back to Wine Direct with tracking info and Wine Direct sends out auto generated emails to the customer (or text messages) on the status of their order. When using as a front end register, it gives the customer an option to add a tip amount and send email or text of their transactions.

Pros

The front end user interface at Point of Sale is easy to use on Ipad registers. The website works well and can be customized easily. Shipping is easily done and integrates seamlessly with UPS and Sovos for legal compliance and reporting of alcohol sales to states.

Cons

The reports that the system generates are inadequate for analysis of customer trends and for marketing purposes. Our staff accountant can get just barely what she needs for her entries to Quickbooks. Support has not always been available if the system is having issues with the cloud server and has occasionally gone down in the middle of a busy retail day. The credit card swipe hardware that plugs into the lightening port of the Ipad fails all the time. They have not yet made chip reader available. Many times we have to manually enter the card and the customers feel uncomfortable about that at times.

Hi Denise - Thank you for sharing that feedback. We're happy you find the system to be easy to use overall and value our compliance and shipping integrations. Sorry to hear your frustrations with reporting and support. We're actively making system and support improvements and sincerely hope you'll see the difference. I've passed on your concerns and someone from our team will be reaching out soon.

LM

Lauren M.

Winery running on Wine Direct

Overall our experience has been ok. It has been quite the learning curve going from our old system to Wine Direct. Overall, the software is usable, it just takes quite a bit of work to figure it out. Additionally, use the Customer service line. We have called them hundreds of times when we are unable to figure something out. For the most part, they are able to assist us rather quickly.

Pros

This software is easier to learn than expected, and it integrated with our other systems well.

Cons

The software has many restrictions that cause issues from a business standpoint. For example, you can only make 1 return per transaction. After that, the system will not allow any additional returns on that order. This causes problems from an inventory standpoint . Many of the processes are very long and require MANY steps. The old system that we used was much more intuitive. Additionally, there...

Hi Lauren - thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you've had a positive experience with our support team! But sorry to hear about your other frustrations. If you haven't already, I encourage you to vote on this idea in our Ideas forum for multiple returns on a single order: https://ideas.winedirect.com/ideas/MISC-I-84 Our product team uses all the input here to help inform what we build next. I've also passed along your feedback to our team so that they can reach out and try to resolve your outstanding issues with lists and charges. -Adrienne

BH

Becky H.

Wine Direct Pulls it All Together

WineDirect is essential to tie in all the pieces of running a wine club.

Pros

Handles functionality across multiple areas: Customer account, email communications, POS system and ties into fulfillment. They are always taking feedback and working on ways to improve the customer experience.

Cons

Unable to call for support; although they are very responsive to the email help tickets. Can be difficult to find the desired information when looking at the Documentation site for support. System will not allow for multiple emails in an account.

Hi Becky - thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear WineDirect is working well for you, but sorry that you've had issues reaching our support team. We are constantly striving to improve our service and have recently added staff and extended our support phone hours so we hope you'll see an improvement the next time you need assistance. Thank you again for your support!

sc

sarah c.

Wine and Spirits, 201-500 employees

Stone Tower Experience

Pros

The ability to search for products via name makes finding items in our large database so easy for our employees!

Cons

The customer service experience has been terrible any time we have needed trouble shooting.

Hi Sarah - glad to hear you are finding out platform intuitive and that's it's saving your team valuable time! I'm sorry to hear you have not had a stellar support experience. I've shared your feedback with my team and someone will be reaching out to you soon to see how we can make this better.

JL

Joy L.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Easy Software for Wine Related POS

Pros

This product is incredibly easy to use when it comes to using the POS, keeping track of the wine club, and adding in items,

Cons

They have frequent problems and have had large periods of time where reporting was difficult or days where the entire system went down on a weekend.

Vin65 Review

Very good. It is simple to use and customers have minimal issues.

Pros

After it's update, I find it much easier to navigate, and pull out the information I need. Very easy for customers to navigate on the POS side.

Cons

Sometimes navigating the spreadsheet layout can be a little difficult, it would be nice if they would simplify the readouts a little more for when you are looking for a quick glance, and not overall breakdown.

AM

Angela M.

New WineDirect User

Very easy to learn how to use the different functions, excellent website and POS(iPad) set up.

Pros

processing order club order, creating shipping labels and the reporting function

Cons

Ease of making changes to order in regards to both selection and shipping info.

Hi Angela - thanks for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you've found WineDirect easy to learn and that you like our website and POS functionality!

JD

Joe D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

I have no idea how they can be in business

The very worst thing about this company is they NEVER FIX any of their problems. I offer to pay them to fix their broken software all of the time, the answer is ALWAYS NO. I submit a request and I have to literally follow up with them multiple times for a month before they ultimately tell me no anyway. I have reached out to upper management and their CEO, nobody gets back to you. They DO NOT care...

Pros

It is an all in one solution, they provide online and POS software

Cons

Their POS, you can’t design it any worse. We run a busy winery, the app locks up constantly and you have restart and log back in all of the time. Imagine taking an order and the app freezes, you have to start over. When sending the ticket to the kitchen or bar, the app freezes and you cannot resend the ticket, you have hand write one and physically deliver it. When printing tickets it puts done...

KS

Kevin S.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

Runs every aspect of my online store and wine club with ease.

Pros

Customer Service people are always there to answer questions and the designed are adding new features monthly

Cons

I would love it if they offered CRM for my wholesale accounts as well, where I could track pending accounts as well as wines sold to existing accounts.

HF

Helena F.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great Design Capabilities

I like this software overall and the customer service interaction I've had (only a few times) were definitely good!

Pros

The flexibility to use this software with both WYSIWYG and code is what I absolutely LOVE about WineDirect. I can create tables easily within the templates and the output to preview is always true. Some software change the layout when you go from preview in the software to the actual output which is very frustrating, I don't have this happen in WineDirect which is great!

Cons

It gets locked up quite frequently when you go between editing and previewing your marketing email. I also wish the preview of the site was a bit better before submitting the edits. I find it much harder to set up new marketing templates now that it used to be - the options are harder to understand what they actually are?

Hi Helena - Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you find WineDirect's templates and tools easy to use and have had good experiences with our Support team overall.

MW

Maggie W.

WIne Direct and Vin65

We not only have an easy-to-use tablet friendly POS, but it keep track of our bottles sold as well as any additional merchandise.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create POS options to help us sell our wine. It's easy to toggle between different POS locations (tasting room vs event centers where wine is being sold)

Cons

There aren't many cons, other than the spreadsheet is a little long and difficult to navigate. I also wish it was easy to override sold out events, i.e. we have a class that sells out online but we have no shows, so we have additional space. In the POS, it's not possible (to my knowledge) to override those sold out classes to continue selling tickets. Maybe it's operator error!

Hi Maggie - Thanks so much for your review! We're glad to hear WineDirect is working well for your business. Our support team would be glad to speak to you about how to troubleshoot your sold out class issue. Cheers, The WineDirect Team

MK

Margot K.

Wine Direct Review

Pros

Their customer support is helpful when needed.

Cons

The interface is not as user friendly as I'd like.

Hi Margot - thanks for your review! Glad to hear you've had a good experience with our support team but sorry you haven't found it user-friendly. We are getting ready to roll out an updated look and feel on the backend featuring improved workflows and I hope this will address your pain points! Look for the first screens going live in January 2020.

HF

Haley F.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Easy for Employees

Pros

As an employee who used to use this software as a POS, it's easy to use for what needs to be done.

Cons

Random log-outs are a little inconvenient when its a busy sales day

BG

Brendan G.

Civic & Social Organization, 10,001+ employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Please do not use WineDirect, there are many alternatives

I found WineDirect on[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] LinkedIn page and I believe people should know that this company is A-OK with the destruction of the USPS.

Pros

WineDirect provides a softwre platform for direct to consumer wineries

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who sits on the board of WineDirect, is destroying the US Postal Service. There are no technical differences between WineDirect and its competitors listed on this very website. If you are a winery looking to manage your business using customized software, but you also wish to see the survival of a 3+ century American institution founded by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], consider Corona, InnoVint, or Xüdle.

CP

Casey P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

WineDirect Review

Pros

It's design is fairly intuitive to use.

Cons

Mandatory information required (ie: birthdate) Some questions are somewhat repetitive (ie: when going to charge for something that is getting "picked up")

Hi Casey - thanks for your review! Glad to hear you are finding our tools easy to use. We capture birthdate due to shipping regulations, but certainly understand it can be frustrating when you are trying to process an order. I encourage you to share your specific feedback and requests at ideas.winedirect.com - that is where our Product team is constantly looking for input as we continuously improve our platform.

SM

Samantha M.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

It's very nice having all your tools in one area. It would be nice to have more user friendly platform

Pros

WineDirect keeps everything nice and neat in one place.

Cons

Icon and setup and not very user friendly.

Hi Samantha - thanks for your review! Glad to hear you find our all-in-one solution helpful but sorry you haven't found it user-friendly. We are getting ready to roll out an updated look and feel on the backend featuring improved workflows and I hope this will address your pain points! Look for the first screens going live in January 2020.

LB

Loretta B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Useful!

Pros

Very easy to use to download wine sales into an excel spreadsheet. You can choose a date range that helps me with my job.

Cons

Discounts and split tenders are trick and do not always transfer well from one platform to another. This is one of 3 I use to do part of my job.

Hi Loretta, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are pleased to hear that WineDirect is helpful for you in your role. -Kari