Amazon EC2 Reviews

4.6

Pros

Very convenient, very good. I really like their customer service, they are great and very very helpful.

I really like their customer service, they are great and very very helpful.

PD

Patrick D.

Cons

EC2's billing flexibility is a downside in that it's very difficult to give "off the cuff" estimates for how much a given EC2 setup might cost.

JS

Justin S.

For deeper dive into the platform, there is a steep learning curve. Also, the pricing structure is a bit costly.

Abdul Waudud C.

Takes some time to figure out, but ideal for the job to be done

Transcript

Tigran: Hi, my name is Tigran and I'm a small business owner. I would like to give Amazon EC2 to a rating...

Best compute service on the planet

Pros

1) wide variety in options - compute optimized, memory optimized, network optimized instances 2) wide variety in pricing options - ondemand instances, spot instances, reserved instances, dedicated instances 3) easy to use and administer 4) corse monitoring and fine grain monitoring available 5) integrates seamlessly with other AWS services

Cons

Default limit is 20 instances per region. It could be high for small micro instances. The good news is that you can submit a request for more resources.

Best place to run my cloud VMs

I seriously love the fact that I can have a PC running in the cloud that I can access via my phone whenever and wherever I need.

Pros

I enjoy using Amazon EC2 mostly for collaborating with my peers, we use this to host and manage resources together. The best part is that I can access the VMs using the remote desktop mobile apps if I am on the go.

Cons

The VMs created can be a bit buggy sometimes as more people try to connect to it. Extra configurations needed to be done in order to get a few things working as intended.

Very cost efficient computing power

Overall I think EC2 is a very good option in today cloud market however Azure also has very competitive VMs

Pros

It is very reasonably priced and comes with very good variations. It includes different operation systems and hardware settings that users can choose based on their needs.

Cons

It provides many options which could be confusing if users are not sure what they need. It would be nice if it has a recommendation engine to recommend an EC2 instance based on some questions and answers with the users.

Strongest compute capabilities for develoeprs

Pros

Incredibly easy to get started, great user community, lots of online blog and forum help, relatively well priced.

Cons

A little simplistic and lacks major enterprise features that any large company should look for when purchasing compute.

review for amazon EC2 cloud service

I like this tool for a numbers of reason but one of most import of it ecofriendly nature as being a computer science student I need to be store in right place so the tool like EC2 cloud is very much helpful for that also any one can learn cloud computing deafly from there about it performance , uses , and also it is one of the trending topics.

Pros

The most important and likely feature of E.C2 cloud i.e. developed by amazon it is a great tool for us to cloud storage as we living in a digital era were everybody want to store there private data in a save space like cloud

Cons

It need much knowledge of cloud computing and data to operate it.

Best provider for vps service

The best service and product for servers online, easy to maintain and monitor.

Pros

Amazon services for new and existing virtual private service. Easy to start new server online in few clicks. You can shut down and start servers in few clicks and easy to add or remove computer features.

Cons

I think its the best service you can get for vps services. Its so easy to run some servers online in few clicks and run tests on it.

Very easy to spin up EC2 instances

I used it to spin up an EC2 instance and host a web application on it.

Pros

Spinning up an EC2 instance is very quick, and it takes just a few seconds. They offer a wide range of instance types, and it gives us the flexibility the choose the one according to our needs.

Cons

They keep changing the UI. I got used to the original UI, and when they change the UI, it is tough to find the same functionality with the new UI.

A comprehensive platform with great support.

it is has a comprehensive solutions for many types of scenarios and the support is also very quick and responsive in helping you all the time.

Pros

it has easy to use user interface. it is very simple to select and setup a Virtual machine if you know all the requirements. the types of available machines are more than enough for any kind of usage. the free trial version is also more than enough to test the platforms capabilities.

Cons

the cost of basic machines are fine but the cost grows very quickly as you get to higher end machines and some of them are very expensive.

Not a great software package for providing cloud storage services.

We have implemented in a project in which we process the data every hour and the client requires to review it hourly for this we used this and we had an average experience with it not good that much and nor bad with it.

Pros

1) We do not require huge memory base for storing our data on cloud storage. 2)Its data processing speed is very fast and accurate. 3)Its cost is also not that much high.

Cons

1) Sometimes it gets into deadlock state from which itself restarts it and we have seen the erasing of the data.

Cloud solution that works with VMware

Pros

Amazon has made some new annoncement with Vmware about more integration between VMware solution and Vmware solution. Now AMAZON RDS are now available on premise with VMware and inside Amazon. VMware solution like NSX and kubernetes are now fully compatible. Amazon offer some great solutions for IAAS, CAAS , SAAS. you need it they ve got it.

Cons

Amazon can be complex because of the large offering they provide. It can be difficult to use amazon calculator for new app because network traffic is not easy to evaluate (you pay for outgoing and ingoing traffic).

Perfect for temp computers

Its simple and elegant concept which has saved me thousands of dollars in buying temporary powerful machines.

Pros

I love how easy it is to launch and use EC2 Services. Its very cost efficient

Cons

Amazon does not have 24/7 customer service available incase you don't know how to use it so you will need to read some documentation and watch some videos before going into it.

Very Impressive Dynamic Platform

I have been using the Amazon EC2 web services since they deployed it several years ago and I have to admit Amazon is leading not only in the online retail goods sales space but they are now encroaching upon the online cloud space which is very ubiquitous in 2016.

Pros

Let's be honest, everyone from Google, Apple to Dropbox is attempting to capture this market. I've been extremely impressed with Amazon's open source integration into virtually all other services especially e-commerce which is why I recommend this app.

Cons

Gosh, I have to admit there really haven't been any Cons in my opinion which is why I recommend this app.

Ideal for developers who want to have full control of infrstructure

I felt it is handy for new developers but as you move into serverless world you feel lambda/fargate makes more sense

Pros

I like the way EC2 offere multiple instance types and full control of infrstructure. The free tier instances have decent features which solves most of the use cases. AWS docs on Ec2 is vast and makes it easy to build applications on EC2

Cons

I am a little concerned over the pricing. It seems to be expensive than other cloud providers who offer instances

happy

Pros

That the software has great priced items

Cons

that some products have long delivery time

Aws

I could use it for that that I wanted to I like I can find every virtual services in one place

Pros

I could running a Linux which did not have any limit. I mean it allowed my to install the necessarily packets and programs

Cons

The ssh connection is always broke down and complicate firewall punch.

Good first impression

It's been a good start, and I foresee things continuing to go well.

Pros

I haven't used the software much, but it's been helpful for when I'm reviewing certain important information.

Cons

Since I haven't been using it too much, I haven't really noticed anything that I don't like about it.

Excellent!

Pros

this is a great tool to use for renting virtual computers

Cons

nothing that comes to mind; excellent app

Amazon EC2 - The original in cloud computing

Pros

EC2 is simple (in concept), scalable, cost-effective and comes with the latest in features, software, and administration tools. Great documentation and useful community.

Cons

It is a complex product in implementation. And can get expensive if you don't know what you are doing!

good APP

Pros

Amazon EC2 is a very good App. It is super easy to deploy your solution in the cloud. It offers plenty of features.

Cons

The price is a little high. It requires some learning curve to be familiar with all the features to use.

Comparison

Pros

give good service like comparison facilities,reviews,integration,and their alternatives.features,products

Cons

we'll see whatever customer get problems we fixed as soon as possible(cloud computing,integration,reviews,comparison,features,alternatives

Amazon EC2 for Cloud Service

Pros

The application is an excellent choice for cloud service development.

Cons

The software is a bit expensive for some users like students.

HELPFULL FOR STUDENTS

I have no more 6 months experience with this Amazon EC2 before moving to Italy.

Pros

It is very easy to use for ecommerce and online marketing.

Cons

nothing is bad about this because whenever we use found it good.

Amazon Web Services

Overall a positive experience with Amazon's software, the storage is one of the best options about it.

Pros

There is a little bit of everything you might need, I only used the media portion but there is room to branch out in the other niches.

Cons

There was not a particular feature that I did not, the software simply became one more platform I had to check and keep track of.

Convenient, saves time and money

Pros

We moved our phone server to Ec2. Was easy to set up with no real training. Could it be easier? Yes but overall still pretty easy to provision new servers. There's so much flexibility and I love the feature that allows you to predict what your monthly expenses will be. Never been a minute of down time yet.

Cons

Only thing I can say negative is that I feel the vpn pricing is a bit high. Could be more competitively priced. Also it can be cumbersome to figure out where your server is at until you get on the right geographical location.

This reviewer only left a rating