All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Axure Reviews

Pros

Its is nice to have a working version to show people, you can also import some pre built feature to save you time. It nice that you can create pages to show people how a site would look.

david b.

Read the full review
Full-functional interactivity , nice libraries available, good speed of prototyping once it's learned.

Anton T.

David Y.

Read the full review
The user interface is very hard to use and there is a big learning curve. The interface itself feels a bit outdated, and the light theme and grey tones makes it difficult to look at.

Maria G.

Read the full review
If you want to make their jaws drop when you say "no, this is just a prototype," use Axure.

4.4

Axure RP 8 - still going strong

I was trained on Sketch at the beginning of my career, and when I transitioned jobs, I argued for Sketch, since I wasn't familiar with Axure. Now that I have been using Axure for 2+ years, I don't think I'll ever go back to Sketch. Axure saves me time while allowing me to communicate design concepts and information architecture.

Pros

One of the best things about Axure is that you can write text within elements. In comparison, in Sketch, you need to add an additional text element. For low-mid fidelity wireframes, Axure is way more efficient than Sketch. The second best thing is how well balanced the features are- everything is there in one place. You got your creation covered (complex interactions included), you got the generation of a share link without needing to export the screens to another app, you can also collect feedback via the discussion panel. Widgets are customizable, there's plenty of user help available on the web regarding how to do various things... Axure is great for rapid prototyping.

Cons

Collaboration features are mostly non-existent, but that can be solved by storing the .rp file in a cloud, such as Google Drive Stream. I wish the widget names would save when pressing 'enter' on the keyboard instead of clicking out of the field, but that is a minor issue. In Sketch, I do still prefer the way they use symbols, in Axure the masters vs panels seem to be a bit convoluted.

The Best Software for UX Work

Axure allows us to quickly and easily put together high fidelity prototypes to share within internal and external stakeholders. The functionality is powerful enough that our prototypes often get mistaken for full working builds of software.

Pros

- Extremely powerful prototyping toolset - All the "fit and finish" features you need from Illustrator or Sketch

Cons

- Team and cloud functionality needs more features - Documentation and customer support isn't always helpful

Amazing tool for wireframes

love it, have been using it for years and have introduced so many people to it

Pros

I'm a long time fab of Axure and have used it for so many projects! it is a very easy to use, yet has so many featured and customizations. I also really enjoy collaboration tool which helps a few people to work in the same project effortlessly

Cons

sometimes animations can be tricky, but other than that it is amazing tool anybody who works with prototypes can ask for

I wouldn't buy it again

I used Axure several times, once for a smartwatch-project, the other times for smartphone app-projects. Then I switched to InVision. Why? Because it was painful to handle Axure. I don't like it and it feels like the developers didn't like what they do. And here's the problem. I want to love creating prototypes and I want to love the prototypes. But I can't love it all using Axure.

Pros

You can create good prototypes for many different devices with Axure and it will do as it should with routing, sound and functions. Through some lines of code it will offer you more if you like and if you find it.

Cons

The user interface is not the strength of Axure and the prototypes you get don't look good. Yes, it's a prototype, but a good look - somehow - or a good feeling would support to carry over what you want to create. Instead you get something that looks like it stands on legs made of wooden sticks. Crafting the prototypes isn't feeling fine and you can waste a lot of time because it doesn't feel natural.

Great starter framework to learn UX designs

So far it's a great tool and I've been able to design a website with ease using the wide variety of functionalities available.

Pros

We use this tool in our human computer interaction design class and it helps us easily apply concepts learnt in class through a wide variety of toolkits and functionalities. Easy to use and understand quickly.

Cons

Some of the complex features that involve conditional expressions and data handling across pages can be simplified to make it easier to understand.

Great tool loosing its market

Honestly, it is a great tool of its purpose.

Pros

It is by far the best tool to create hi-fi interactive prototypes. No other tool comes close to its features to create interactive behaviors. These prototypes are so good they can be used for intensive user testing, as users are not able to tell them apart from real apps or websites. I can mock with Axure in a couple of weeks what would take a dev team months to code and deploy. And that can save huge amounts of development costs.

Cons

Learning to use Axure is complicated. Mostly because of the ton of options, and partly because it is difficult to discover how the internal mechanics operate. But the biggest con is that when I look into the UX design job market, practically there are no positions requesting knowledge of Axure. Everything is Sketch or Figma, that while great to create UI mockups are no rivals of Axure when creating interactive prototypes. However Axure has lost totally its market appeal. Probably Axure should have bought Sketch or Figma when it realized it was going to be overwhelm by these tools in the UI authoring arena. Also unlike Sketch, Axure does not have a 3rd party plugin market. And this closedness has reduced further more its utility.

Puissant mais complexe

La prise en main a exigé de longues heures de pratique et de lectures de tutoriels. Puis c'est la phase de découverte du logiciel qui exige beaucoup de temps pour comprendre toutes les arcanes du logiciel. Enfin, après de très longues heures de pratique on découvre un monde caché de fonctionnalités qui libèrent la créativité et la finesse de création de prototypes HD. Une fois le logiciel maîtrisé, il permet de tester des concepts rapidement ou encore de tester des workflow complexes avec des utilisateurs, ravis d'une telle richesse fonctionnelle.

Pros

Possibilités de créer des prototypes très riches et ajouter des micro-comportements très utiles pour mener des tests utilisateurs complets.

Cons

La courbe d'apprentissage du logiciel est longue et parsemée d'embuches. Le plaisir de travailler avec Axure est un chemin long mais le résultat est incomparable avec d'autres outils.

One of the strongest tool for dynamic prototyping

One tool for all your prototyping​ need, be it animation or a simple drop down.

Pros

These days you have dozens of tools available for prototyping but none of them are as strong as Axure, the usp here is dynamism. Whilst most of the prototyping tool lets you work with static screen, Axure allow you to make it dynamic without writing a single line of code. You can build a complete design system in Axure which is a​ one-time​ investment​ but goes a ​long way in saving time.

Cons

No mobile support yet, considering the complexity and logic it lets you handle not sure how possible is the ​mobile version.

Axure is so expensive, but has great features to back it up.

Overall great product, but really expensive! People will pay for it because it serves multiple purposes within the design world! Great support if you need help and good training resources to learn more.

Pros

You can prototype for ios, android, desktop and web. It's great for complex interactions, sharing, generating HTML files. You can prototype and wireframe within the product and it provides a lot of really juicy features that support good documentation of your products.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve. Axure needs to implement some type of guidance or additional training within their products. Put in step by step guidance for each feature, it'll help your users to learn more while actively living in the products. Also create some good templates for your users to utilize.

Great for large scale detailed projects.

Pros

Axure can be a beast but it's great for very large scale super detailed projects. If you need to easily tie requirements into your UX work, Axure is perfect for you. Is available for MAC and PC,

Cons

Can be a memory hog. Though it does easily tie requirements into your files, the data it spits out can be lengthy. Layering is very difficult. Does not create interactions easily.

If you want to make their jaws drop when you say "no, this is just a prototype," use Axure!

Faster feature implementation

Pros

Axure makes interactive prototypes so easy, and has saved us millions of rounds of back-and-forth for people who "need to see the whole picture" or "feel the workflow end-to-end" before they can give feedback. There is not a substitute out there (everything else just creates hotspots and links). The support team and training materials are also awesome. This tool makes me so happy and makes me look professional as a UX designer. I've used it for everything -- from workflows to high-fidelity user-facing usability tests.

Cons

Axure is not a traditional design tool to replace high-fidelity photoshop mockups or sketch vector assets. Its implementation of master widgets do some of the things a designer might need, but it is still not the same as what you get with a final-asset tool that traditional designers would use. The mobile-responsive flow is also a little wonky sometimes. There are breakpoints you can design for but not fluid design states.

I really like Axure because it scales to your needs and is easy to use!

I've found this tool replaced my need for separate tools for wireframes, interactive mockups, etc. This is a truly encompassing tool with good forum support. It takes a couple of hours with an existing project to mock out a look and feel for new modules, things that would take my Dev team days to accomplish.

Pros

It's flexible and works if you want a quick wireframe or if you want an interactive functional demo. It's got good online support in forums and training videos and the price was much better than other tools I tried (like iRise). It's fun to work in and build demos and the dynamic panels are tremendously powerful.

Cons

Ever want to review different color schemes for you mocks? Good luck. The one downside of Axure is that dynamic panels (which are wonderful) are essentially all spaghetti code. You build a different page and show it. Once you have a lot of pages a color scheme change isn't a simple css edit, it's hundreds of little changes made using the formatting bar...

Great way to create easy to use prototype

Overall, Axure has helped us accelerate our product design process.

Pros

The designers in my team and I use it to create prototypes on the go that I can share with our users during my user researches. I like the way you can share them easily, there is no limit as to what you can create with them.

Cons

I would really like to have more tutorials as to how to create a specific experience. Even though the docu is good, there's just something missing there.

The best prototyping tool

I am a heavy user of this program. Axure helps to create prototypes of the websites before the web development step. It helps me to discuss and to arrange all the details with the client before web development stage.

Pros

It is one of my favorite tools. As a web developer, I need a tool to prototype future websites. I have been choosing among different solutions, but finally stick with Axure, because IMHO it has the best interface and the widest set of opportunities to implement actions. Especially its work with dynamic panels and its ability to implement animation.

Cons

Works slowly with large files, freezes often, the back-ups aren't 100% accurate sometimes.

A powerful design tool with a learning curve.

Axure has improved our UX prototyping process and is invaluable to our team.

Pros

Axure is a great tool for creating interactive prototypes. It allows for deep interactions and linking. Coupled with the ability to download and use widget libraries (drag and drop prebuilt components) it's possibly to quickly build engaging prototypes.

Cons

While axure is very powerful it does come with a learning curve to truly use all of it features. Another con is that documentation on the advanced features is a little light. The forum is helpful but you will end up asking questions around more complicated processes while learning.

A great interactive prototyping tool for developers or designers with graphic design software exp.

Pros

I love that you can make FUNCTIONAL prototypes with this software! Being able to present a "working prototype" is a huge benefit of this tool. With the use of "behaviors" and "widgets", you can ensure that the stakeholders get a interactive demo BEFORE you start development! I also love the fact that you can have "pages" that when published can mimic a real working website. The publisher feature of Axure allows you to share prototypes with clients or stakeholders and get feedback from an unique URL. There are so many pre-made widgets out there as well that can be imported for use right in the prototype, making it truly adaptable to development frameworks, like Google Material Design.

Cons

It was easy for me to get up and running using this software given my background and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. I think without some background in those applications, this software may have a learning curve. Also, it may have limitations when compared with web-based versions when it comes to portability of your source files. The constant updates can be annoying to keep track of, as I often end up with multiple installations instead of a true upgrade, but that could be user error or lack of knowledge of proper Axure updating on my end.

I've been using Axure for creating high fidelity prototypes for 2+ years.

I'm able to visualize my ideas to my team. It's a crucial step in our design process.

Pros

I love that you can create high fidelity wires with full interactions. I'm capable of creating something that's fully interactive and looks like a complete website without ever having to write a line of code. It really helps me speak to my designs.

Cons

I wish there was a spec sheet to hand off to developers. Often when I hand over my wires, they have to replicate what I've created just by sight.

Great for UX Prototypes, but has a huge learning curve.

Pros

Axure is a love and hate relationship. It has a steep learning curve at the beginning, but once you are above the learning curve, it gets better and better. The functionality built in the software is awesome and you can literally make an exact experience as if you were coding. Use of libraries and other features can help you get started with basic set of tools and help you speed up your workflow.

Cons

The learning curve is steep and a challenge. You question yourself on why you are putting yourself through the learning when there are easier options available. Axure also allows you to do a lot more than other options, and if you are looking for the perfect prototype, you can spend hours figuring things out on axure needlessly.

Best tool to create interactive prototype

Pros

Whatever is possible in the current UI/UX, this system will provide all the option. You will be able to render this into the multiple devices and check the output.

Cons

Since tool is having a lot of features, tutorial should be embedded with it otherwise its very difficult for the user to find out which features to use or not to use.

Wonderful tool to wireframe

Pros

I enjoy how intuitive it is to start creating right away. I use Axure to create wireframes and prototypes of applications. Additionally, when I find myself not understanding how the software works, I reference the online materials provided and am able to quickly resolve my issues. Axure provides wonderful documentation and tutorials for beginners, which really led to my understanding of the software and its capabilities. One of my favorite features include being able to comment on the pages and specific elements of the prototype. Another one would be being able to share a prototype through a link, especially being able to put a password on it so only people that I want to access it are able to. I highly recommend Axure for those looking to create mockups and prototypes.

Cons

Something that would really help me create prototypes faster would be providing more templates or drag and drop options. An example of something that would help my line of work is having drag and drop options to make prototypes for mobile apps. Some of the elements might be just having cell phone bodies, or popular cell phone UI buttons and widgets ( ie. back buttons on either iPhone or Android). Axure allows me to create nice prototypes from scratch but I would enjoy being able to use already made elements.

Good tool for creating mock up for complex application

We are reducing the business and development conflicts by generating the mock ups.

Pros

The tool comes with a lot of standard function which is used day to day basis for designer and developers for different application development practice. Learning curve is less compered to it's competitors. You can publish your design and allow user to review and share your feedback. You can also take the output in to your local folders and share with developers so that they can refer as the base of the design and development. The out of box copy feature allows a lot of style and content copying which saves a lot of time.

Cons

The default graphic set is not vast so you might have to rely on some external graphics. Many of the common graphic components are missing, I hope they add quickly

High quality tool

Pros

It's fairly simple, even for beginners, to create a great looking and full featured prototype of a project.

Cons

In the beginning, the UI didn't seem to be the most fluid or user-friendly but you quickly learn your way around.

The most advanced prototyping on the market

When I need to produce a prototype that users would struggle to distinguish from a fully functional production-ready piece of software, Axure is the way to go. It's not always ideal for smaller quick projects because its more time-intensive and the learning curve is higher than other prototyping tools, but I recommend it if you need the best prototypes you can create.

Pros

This application is incredible at producing realistic/true-to-life​ prototypes of websites and mobile applications. It allows users to produce responsive website prototypes (not-production ready) with intricate interactions, animations, transitions, etc.

Cons

The learning curve is steep, so you have to commit to really understanding the tool well. It's mostly HTML based prototyping, so working with vector designs produced from sketch, figma, and illustrator are a little more challenging than one might desire.

Great App for all UXers

Pros

Great for prototyping both basic websites and complex solutions, has plenty features that automate the process, teamwork regime is a blast

Cons

Paid version is a bit pricey, some controls are not very intuitive, other than that it is a great software for any professional UX expert

It is the best software out there to create high fidelity prototypes.

Getting feedback from clients and users quickly.

Pros

You can create prototypes almost identical as the final product. What I like the most about this software is that you can get feedback from users and clients quickly.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to be a pro using this software but once you learn how to use it you can create prototypes quickly. Also, sometimes it can be frustrating the way some of the simple interactions have to be built to work as the user expect.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.