- Extremely accurate inventory data using the included Inventory Agent,
- Excellent public cloud recognition and application of corresponding product use rights,
- Integrates with an extensive range of third party software (inventory sources, CMDB technologies, publisher license management tools, etc),
- Excellent support from Flexera including adding new applications to the recognition library upon request,
- Great new BI functionality with customisable dash boards and visualisations,
- Enables significant cost avoidance and cost minimisation through reclamation of unused software and purchasing based on accurate software deployment and usage data,
- Provides recommendations on changes to use rights according to software publisher licensing changes which you can accept or reject based on your specific contract terms/rights,
- Feeds in to security activities by provides End of Support and End of Life dates for a wide variety of applications to help with planning of application upgrades and patching, and configurable application black and white lists to easily report on unauthorised software installations,
- Best results require SAM integration with business processes including Change Management, SecOps, ITOps, Project Planning, and Procurement in order to best manage financial and contractual risk. The information the platform provides makes this integration key to a variety of business objectives in relation to commercial risk and budget control and predictability.
It can take some time to get familiar with the extensive features and capabilities. There is a range of powerful features which customers may not be aware of which can deliver significant benefits to the business. Report customisations can be complex but are useful when done right, and the additional Cognos/BI platform provides additional and powerful dash boards and analytics.