Weebly Reviews

User ratings

4.3

1.6K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.05/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like how you get guided prompts as your start building because it helps set a structure to how your website will be like. Most of all, I appreciate how its paid plans are cheaper than other sites.

I love how Weebly can so easily help you create a beautiful website that looks both professional and polished. It's relatively easy to use and pretty customizable.

CL

Cory L.

Ease of use is the most important quality for me. But not only is it easy to use, it’s easy to get good quality results without a lot of know how.

TD

Tim D.

I found it hard to go deeper when I was trying to optimise Weebly sites for SEO as you can't access some parts easily. Also, I struggled with the drag and drop, and undoing accidental movements.

RC

Ruth C.

Recent big frustration as we were considering upgrading and before anyone responded to our support inquiry, we were auto charged (ahead of the renewal date) for the existing plan.

BS

Barb S.

Sometimes when I drag and drop a widget, it ends up halfway down the page in the wrong position, like the mouse is not calibrated or something, and this can only be fixed by doing a hard refresh.

Lois O.

listing-logo
+ 2

Squarespace

Compare both
How would you rate Weebly?

1,664 reviews

jW

jenifer W.

Kindergaeten Teacher

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Best tool ever!

Transcript

Jenifer W.: Hi. I'm Jenifer, and I'm a campus technology teacher at an elementary school, and I give...

Simple interface, great for teachers

Transcript

Andrew D.: Hi, my name's Andrew. I am a math and technology teacher. I use Weebly all the time. I'd give...

Weebly Helps Me Create Professional Looking Websites

I have been using Weebly for years. Every time there is an update, it only gets better. I have used it for my insurance business, my wedding planning business, some blogging, and I plan on opening an ecommerce site soon. It all pairs with the billing software I use now, Square, which is just bonus points.

Pros

When I first started using Weebly I had little to no web design knowledge and yet I was able to design a professional looking site from the ground up and publish it that first day...and this was with the free version! It is so easy to understand, there are plenty of templates and those templates are super customizable (again, with no design or coding experience), and there are just so many features and options. I love that it connects to Square also.

Cons

I am honestly trying to think of cons but for me, I don't have any. I suppose if you were more of designer or had a larger need than I do there might be some issues, but for me, it ticks all the boxes.

Weekly is very user friendly

Pros

I enjoy being able to navigate and create using this software. You can easily upload images easily link to your Facebook page. It is very reasonably priced and gives you a quality product.

Cons

The only real problem is when it comes down to being able to create your own template.

Sin atención al cliente y lleno de errores técnicos. Combinación imposible

Una mierda, como ya descrito

Pros

Es muy fácil de usar y muy intuitivo...hasta que empieza a tener errores o directamente no te deja entrar en tu cuenta. El servicio técnico es pésimo, pero además si no puedes entrar en tu cuenta, no hay servicio técnico de ningún tipo: ni chat, ni email, ni teléfono ni nada...la única opción es desde tu cuenta. Hace días que da error y no nos deja entrar. No hay manera de hablar con nadie...así que solo tenemos la opción de cambiar de proveedor

Cons

El servicio técnico es pésimo, pero además si no puedes entrar en tu cuenta, no hay servicio técnico de ningún tipo: ni chat, ni email, ni teléfono ni nada...la única opción es desde tu cuenta. Hace días que da error y no nos deja entrar. No hay manera de hablar con nadie...así que solo tenemos la opción de cambiar de proveedor.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Perfect for Our Small Business

Very simple to use

Pros

It was very easy to set up the initial website. The basic layout is great and as I used it more, it was easier to manage and navigate

Cons

I cannot put things exactly where I like. They often jump to align with the next graphic which sometimes I would rather it align with a specific word or sentence on the page.

Weebly is a great option

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive to navigate

Cons

We utilize the blog feature the most and don't have any complaints about it. It is easy to update.

A good affordable and quick to set up web-builder

Weebly got us started in no time, and our web presence was almost immediate. Their service was very affordable and, as a small school, it was more than welcome. We received compliments from the community for the quality of our school website.

Pros

Weebly allows you to quickly be present on the web thanks to its -although limited- templates, and ease of use. You can customize your website to your liking and navigate through the SEO quite easily. I liked the fact that you can add contributors with limited control. We had to resort to contacting the support team, and they always answered in a timely and efficient manner.

Cons

There are fewer templates than in WIX, which is essential as I didn't want to spend too much time customizing the website. Starting with something closer to what we wanted was a priority.

Very good seo friendly website builder for beginners only

Weebly is entirely a very easy and less money consuming blog and an online store builder. Start-ups can try this to make run their early product usability testings but cannot recommend to use it full fledge.

Pros

I have used their websitr builder and its really easy and can be easily customised with basic elements you require to start your own online store fast and inexpensive. I loved their effort to help starters with seo guides whenever I have been stucked at a point of time.

Cons

They should update some of their themes or add new website themes as all themes are very old and will not be useful in today's era where people use wordpress and elementor. Weebly might nit be good for advanced store as it lacks features.

Weebly is a solid inexpensive website builder

Weebly is a solid option for someone looking to build a no-code website at an inexpensive price. You may not get the best themes, but it will still look good and give you a workable website that's simple to update and maintain.

Pros

Out of all the no-code website builders, one of Weebly's advantages is its starting price. At under $10, it's the cheapest platform to build a good looking website on. The dashboard is easy to navigate and building a website is intuitive.

Cons

The provided themes are a bit limited in number and fairly basic. Also building a blog page looked very basic, like something from Blogspot in the early 2000s.

Great product

Pros

I like how Weebly is integrated with the Square platform to build a free website for checking with e-commerce.

Cons

When I have a problem with Square, I have to go through Weebly to get it figured out & often Weebly refers me back to square. The good news is, that they have an excellent tech support system that can fix it from their end, it just takes a few days.

Perfect for what I need

Love it! I use it for my personal site, and it's perfect. Simple, easy to create, and works like a charm.

Pros

For a simple, aesthetic & professional website, it's perfect. Nothing too complicated about it.

Cons

I can't quite think of anything; the features are not as robust as some other website integrations, however, to me that's not super important. Weebly does everything I need it to do.

Weebly is user friendly and cost effective if you need a web page set up quickly!

I have not had to contact Weebly support at all, so that is a positive in my book! Many times when I start out with a new software program or web program, there is a lot of communication between myself and the company support team in order to get things how I need them. This was so user-friendly that my son set up a free personal page for a class in just a single day. As a tech coordinator, this was very easy for me to set up, and our admin assistant was able to learn to add & edit content very quickly.

Pros

I like that there are many themes to choose from to customize your site on Weebly, and the interface is user friendly. You can switch back and forth from a screen that looks like a word processor (for selecting bold, italics, font size, color, etc.) OR you can switch to the coding language of HTML if you want further customizations. I have gotten along great without needing to switch to HTML, but it is nice to know I have the option. There is a nice variety of templates to choose from, and you can control who can view your page. For our organization, we only wanted our staff to have access to personnel forms, so we set this up with a password. Very easy to select that option if you need a private site.

Cons

At first it was confusing that I had to make two payments every few years. Then I realized that one payment is for Weebly to secure your preferred domain name (if it is available) and they register it for you. I have that part set up to renew every five years. The second payment is an annual subscription fee for using the Weebly software interface and all the features that comes along with that including a nice selection of themes.

It is easy and cheap and you can get a website up quickly

Overall I have been a loyal customer with now 3 websites for probably 10 years. I like them better than Go Daddy, well at least from 10 years ago. I think the Square addition should be a little less imposing, I know it is their company and I use them as my credit card processing and POS and the integration is cool but Weebly I think should be about the website first. It a quick way to get a website with a domain up and minimal knowledge cheap though so overall I do like the product.

Pros

I like how you do not have to know HTML and a whole bunch of other modern languages. It is quick and easy to launch a website and a trusted company that is not a scam which the internet is filled with. I like the shell overall and have 3 different websites with them.

Cons

When Square took over it made it much harder to navigate through the shell to build on the websites and it is not customizable enough for individual companies. Also I don't like how they try and force you into multiple expensive subscriptions such as (custom)@(your name.yourdomain) they want to try and make you think you have to pay google all this money and you do not. There are many things there where I feel like they should be honest and give you choices.

Who knew WEEBLY would keep us in business?

Overall, WEEBLY has been a lifesaver for us. The customer support has been really helpful, and usually solved our issues immediately. Our business will probably include online ordering through WEEBLY even after things settle down. It has helped streamline a lot of larger orders and helped create a more sustainable version of what we do.

Pros

We have grown VERY familiar with WEEBLY since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We use Square POS for our coffee shop, and WEEBLY is directly integrated with the online side of Square. We were very early adopters of WEEBLY, and initially had to sort of hack many of the features to make it do what we wanted to. WEEBLY has made accepting online orders - which was previously a very daunting idea - very easy. WEEBLY integrated perfectly with our Square system, and allowed us to use our current item library from Square for an easy online ordering system. It prints to paper printers our iPad digital printers, and helped streamline online orders at a crucial time in our business, where most of our sales were going through WEEBLY.

Cons

Sometimes WEEBLY will freeze up and create a spinning circle during checkout. This has created some issues for customers trying to order from us but end up giving up after waiting 15 minutes for it to load. It has gotten better as more people have adopted it during the COVID-19 pandemic. One more problem! If you decide to add items INSIDE Weebly instead of Square, it won't add any of the default taxes. We've sold items for weeks without charging tax and didn't notice until later. Just keep an eye out for that when creating items inside the Weebly back end.

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Easy and professional website design

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly: - It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using. - Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform. - Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from. - No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset. - Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great. - There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help. - I think it's great for using with students It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task...

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and...

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Better than other website builders

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.  The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site. It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please. I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

Cons

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Great For Those With Little Experience

Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Great product once you get past the learning curve

I enjoy using the software and I would strongly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use, once you get past the learning curve Store feature is flexible and effective, provides downloadable data to analyze your sales Site offers more flexibility in that each page can be set up to your exacting standards Support is good, although since I live/work on the east coast, and our support service is located on the west coast, I don't get support until around noon to 8:00 PM, from my specific contact.

Cons

Like any other software, it takes some time to get to know how it works and to be effective and efficient using the product. This is key for someone, like myself, who provides web design servicess through a consulting capacity.