Weebly Logo

Weebly

Website, blog & online store creation

Weebly Reviews

4.3

1.7K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.04/10

Reviews by rating

I like how you get guided prompts as your start building because it helps set a structure to how your website will be like. Most of all, I appreciate how its paid plans are cheaper than other sites.
I love how Weebly can so easily help you create a beautiful website that looks both professional and polished. It's relatively easy to use and pretty customizable.
Ease of use is the most important quality for me. But not only is it easy to use, it’s easy to get good quality results without a lot of know how.
I found it hard to go deeper when I was trying to optimise Weebly sites for SEO as you can't access some parts easily. Also, I struggled with the drag and drop, and undoing accidental movements.
Recent big frustration as we were considering upgrading and before anyone responded to our support inquiry, we were auto charged (ahead of the renewal date) for the existing plan.

1,791 reviews

AD

Andrew D.

Teacher

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Simple interface, great for teachers

Transcript

Andrew D.: Hi, my name's Andrew. I am a math and technology teacher. I use Weebly all the time. I'd give...

jW

jenifer W.

Elementary Teacher

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Best tool ever!

Transcript

Jenifer W.: Hi. I'm Jenifer, and I'm a campus technology teacher at an elementary school, and I give...

Scott T.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

One of the best user-friendly sitebuilders on the web

Weebly is by far the best website editor I've used since I started having interest in owning a website. The editor is very user friendly and its quite easy to set up multiple webpages; although the hyperlink has a .weebly.com tag in it, Weebly can be a great start if you're looking to build a website and don't know too much HTML and coding; highly recommend!There are a couple things that may need changing...

Pros

> Easy to use> Updates new changes quickly on the website> Multiple available apps to integrate, and easy to apply or remove from the editor> Customer support is reliable> No limitations to how much content you can have on the website> Settings easy to configure> Multiple options to set up custom domains> Multiple theme options to choose from (although more options/layouts could be better)> Ability to change defaults for fonts, font colour, style and size in theme options> Easy to "clean up" the website to look appealing

Cons

> Expensive to unlock all features for the site (including ecommerce, removing Weebly's ads, custom domain, etc.)> A lot of white space on the side margins of the editor, especially if the website is slightly zoomed out.> Setting up a custom domain using GoDaddy or another provider is a slightly tedious process to finish - with another owned website and domain, it took around 3-4 days to enable SSL security.> You're not able to edit the mobile version of the website

E-Learning, self-employed

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly: - It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using. - Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform. - Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from. - No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset. - Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great. - There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help. - I think it's great for using with students It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Kevin M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A decent hosting service

Weebly is another hosting service which recognizes the need for users to be able to tailor their own content without the next for expensive web tools or web designers. It simplifies web creature through the use of web site creation too and plugins which add the necessary functionality for the site. I have a few clients that use Weebly hosting. The site works and the tool is ok but can be a fickle beast when its ready. Some recent outages have made me question their reliability as they are happening more frequently.

Pros

The web creation tool is simple to use and you can build some really good looking launchpad sites. Once you get accustomed to the interface then its quick and easy to use. I like the ability to drag and drop in features which allow me try stuff out rather than having to always refresh to see the changes that had been made. Little to no knowledge of web design or programming is need and their ecommerce plugins are top notch. Sites can be finished in no time. The web hosting is price to well compared to other similar services. There is a free option if you want to try out their hosting service.

Cons

There are quite a few features that you're not going to get with the free hosting. The web site creator might require you to seek some assistance for more advance features or settings. Some WordPress additions will require some amount of technical knowhow. In fact, there are many services will still require experience in web design to be able to properly streamline to match your needs. For professionals...

DS

Darcy S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Weebly Website

Pros

We use weebly for our website. it is really use to use and change or fix thing on our website. I wasnt the one that originally built the website but i am able to go into our account and change our webssite. I am no web designer but i was able to add a tab to the website with no issues.

Cons

the one con is the website was changed a little bit so i had to releard where everything was.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Lois O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good for beginners

Overall, Weebly has been instrumental in getting my business up and running, and it has served its purpose up until now. The experience has been mostly positive thus far, but the natural progression of needing a platform that runs more smoothly, is more reliable, and has more features, leads me to other platforms.

Pros

To put it plainly, Weebly is basically idiot-proof, which is a great feature when you are first learning how to build websites. Without spending much time at all learning how to use Weebly, and no prior experience, you can throw up a quick website that looks and functions OK.

Cons

Weebly is so glitchy. Sometimes when I drag and drop a widget, it ends up halfway down the page in the wrong position, like the mouse is not calibrated or something, and this can only be fixed by doing a hard refresh. It is also painfully slow. You can't add custom fonts. The formatting with spacing is very basic.

Jared K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Webmasters beware

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

Pros

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

Cons

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Traci C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Weebly: Web design for beginners

My experience has been positive due to the ease of the product.

Pros

Weebly simplifies the once always complex process of creating a website.

Cons

It would be appreciated if there were more templates available.

Faiyaz T.

Design, 1-10 employees

Good Website builder on Budget.

Pros

It's really very much easier than Wordpress. Though isn't that much powerful. Yet manages to give a smooth experience in Website Building. Price is comparatively cheap. The UI is simple and easy. Great for blogs.

Cons

A bit laggy. Lacks many advanced features. Sometimes themes doesn't support mobile screens.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Great for basic websites

It was easy and quick to make a personal website using Weebly. The look may not be as modern or sleek as Wix, however, if you want a more traditional website structure, Weebly works great.

Pros

It is easy to get websites with simple structures up quickly. It is easy for users to update and post content without a lot of technical knowledge or support.

Cons

It is not as easy to customize widgets in different places or different content types if they are in the website templates.

LV

Lena V.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy and professional website design

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

CS

Cedric S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great for those who can make alot from a little

Overall Weebly is very cost effective and easy to navigate. This is great starter website for all who need a digital footprint online. For those who are more advanced it allows you to set up a secure website as well.

Pros

One of the luxuries is this product is that it is free. This website provides different themes to start you off and then you build from there. They make it easy to embed different links like payment buttons and pictures you want displayed. You can change colors, add text, titles and themes. Overall any administrator with a creative eye should be able to navigate this site.

Cons

My main irritant about Weebly is the "powered by Weebly"water mark that remains on every page. Everyone who visits your page will know your site is through Weebly. Also there are not many themes when getting started. You have a few to get started with but it's up to you to make it original.

sk

shivam k.

Music, self-employed

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

ES

Emily S.

Retail, self-employed

Needed for Ecom Features

The customer support is very nice and everything is easy to use. I have used Weebly on and off for many years and was always generally happy with it.

Pros

If it wasn't for the lack of ecom features that I need to run my business, I would still be using this service. It is easy to use and make an attractive website. I love how easy it is to edit every last detail without a lot of web design knowledge.

Cons

The ecom features are very limited and I couldn't use the gift certificate features the way my business needed.

AP

Autumn P.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Weekly is my absolute favorite!

This is my absolute favorite blog site! Other sites like blogger are super difficult to use, but with weekly you don’t have to know much about editing as they provide the tools for you! Plus side is that you don’t really have to be premium, I use the free version and my storytelling needs were met.

Pros

Beginner friendly Lots of free templates No purchase necessary you get most features free! Easy to edit and customize

Cons

Getting in contact with customer support is tricky Recovering lost account was nearly impossible

KS

Kristi S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Weebly is user friendly and cost effective if you need a web page set up quickly!

I have not had to contact Weebly support at all, so that is a positive in my book! Many times when I start out with a new software program or web program, there is a lot of communication between myself and the company support team in order to get things how I need them. This was so user-friendly that my son set up a free personal page for a class in just a single day. As a tech coordinator, this was very easy for me to set up, and our admin assistant was able to learn to add & edit content very quickly.

Pros

I like that there are many themes to choose from to customize your site on Weebly, and the interface is user friendly. You can switch back and forth from a screen that looks like a word processor (for selecting bold, italics, font size, color, etc.) OR you can switch to the coding language of HTML if you want further customizations. I have gotten along great without needing to switch to HTML, but it is nice to know I have the option. There is a nice variety of templates to choose from, and you can control who can view your page. For our organization, we only wanted our staff to have access to personnel forms, so we set this up with a password. Very easy to select that option if you need a private site.

Cons

At first it was confusing that I had to make two payments every few years. Then I realized that one payment is for Weebly to secure your preferred domain name (if it is available) and they register it for you. I have that part set up to renew every five years. The second payment is an annual subscription fee for using the Weebly software interface and all the features that comes along with that including a nice selection of themes.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.  The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Gilmer S.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Excellent for the price

I was able to take my web project from idea to publication in just a few days thanks to the powerful tools included in the free plan. I was then able to easily scale by upgrading my site with more pages, advanced eCommerce features, and a custom domain by upgrading to a paid plan. The support and documentation were also excellent in resolving any issues or concerns. I would definitely recommend Weebly to any person or organization looking for a low-cost and efficient website building solution

Pros

What I liked most about Weebly was its powerful drag-and-drop visual builder. It allowed me to easily create a complex site structure with multiple pages and sections using just my mouse. Its clean and well-organized interface made the design process highly intuitive. Additionally, the numerous Responsive themes and templates helped me quickly bring my ideas to life and ensure my site looks and works well from any device

Cons

What I liked least was the limited code customization. Although the visual editor covers most needs, experienced web developers miss the ability to inject custom HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code to create completely unique designs. However, I understand that this goes against Weebly's no-code approach to allowing anyone to create a professional website

BK

Binyamin K.

Farming, self-employed

Easy Shmeezy Website Creation

Of all online platforms from accounting to legal, form graphic to word processing, Weebly is my favorite platform. I believe that says a lot!

Pros

When it comes to Weebly, what's not to love. Yes its limited, but that's not the point. The point about Weebly is that its super easy. Obviously if you need something robust, even mildly robust, Weebly isn't for you. But if all you need is an easy straight forward and affordable, Weebly is just that. When I need to create a website that is feature rich I go to Site123 or Shopify, but if all I want is to show my portfolio (and maybe make a few sales) and/or to show my ideas, to have a platform with which to communicate to the online world, its really hard to beat Weebly.

Cons

My greatest regret when it comes to Weebly is that, being as restrictive as it is, when I need to create multi-lingual sites, that look avaunt-guard and cutting edge, I'm forced to look elsewhere. Being that I so like Weebly, I wish that wouldn't be the case. I wish that Weebly would provide the spectrum from super simple, fun, and easy (which it is) to highly robust (which evidently it doesn't wish to be).

Angela R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Easy and visual

Mainly good. Managing our own websites has been immensely successful. Cheaper, more responsive, better.

Pros

You can see exactly how webpages look - and quickly build websites by dragging and dropping features. We've used it for years. For the most part it quietly gets on with doing what it does best.

Cons

Doesn't connect with other apps well (some do), but it doesn't connect with Zapier. You can't copy pages across separate websites, so if wanted to create a similar one, you'd need to do that from scratch. Contact form data doesn't go anywhere. You'd have to manually update your CRM. As long as you like what it offers, you're OK, but it's not super flexible. Really annoying feature if your run your...

JM

Jake M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Weebly was one of the first... but they fell behind

Honestly, I feel like Weebly has just stopped trying to keep up with other platforms like Wix. I can't recommend Weebly to anyone because I know for a fact there are better options out there. Weebly has always been sooo close to being a great platform, but they've never quite pulled it all together.

Pros

It is great for someone looking to build a basic website without requiring any knowledge of coding.

Cons

I don't like that Weebly is so expensive for very few features. The downloadable Apps are often slow, don't work at all, frequently need to be updated, or slow down your website's speed. There are not many preset themes to choose from and you're limited to what you can customize. Customer service is good, but I've had to contact them way too many times over the years – some of which the issues could not be resolved or they didn't know how to fix. Also, this only happened once, but one day I logged in to check on a website that I had been managing for months and all of its content was just gone?!? Customer support had no way of retrieving the lost content and had no explanation of why it happened. That was hours and hours of hard work gone, just like that.

NJ

Neyda Jose M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Website designer accessible and easy to use

Weebly is a tool that allows you to design web pages with really attractive designs thanks to the fact that the templates provided are of quality that is why the pages can be used not only for personal use but also for professional level, their plans are very accessible and it is a easy to use site is why it has been useful to please different customers looking for a website that represents them.

Pros

Weebly I like it a lot mainly because it is a tool for designing web pages that is really easy to use, because in its interface you can see templates organized in different sectors and although not many are offered, they are of quality and they are organized so that it is much more simple to handle the search of the one that is considered appropriate to represent the website that you want to design, on the other hand it is magnificent that provides the power to visualize in advance how the website could be seen with the different templates, besides this tool saves the tedious work of having to look for the page to adapt to different devices because in an automated way the pages are optimized so that when visualizing in said devices they do not see in an inadequate way.

Cons

One of the things that bother me the most is that Weebly does not provide its users with backups of the websites, so it is quite tedious in case there is a very drastic change in the site or if for some reason the database is altered the website will be lost.

Halimatun Z.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Weebly is good for non coding website builder

Pros

Weebly comes with detailed instructions and educational materials that are quite useful. Getting up and running in less than an hour is possible, and you may go back to the manual if necessary. I am able to edit and publish items rapidly to maintain things relevant.

Cons

There is a slight lack of functionality since this is designed for those without coding skills. Still, the themes and layout allow for considerable customization in creating the appearance of a personalized page. There is indeed a limit to the number of adjustments you can make.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

No-fuss, no-frills, satisfying website creator for simple websites

I run some small personal websites with it.

Pros

It's quick, easy, and gets the job done. You're not going the build the world's greatest site with it, let's not kid ourselves. But if you just need a clean, basic website that communicates what you need to say and you don't want to waste a lot of time doing it, this is a good go-to. There are nice, modern templates, drag and drop interfaces, and they now have a third party plugin gallery. Not a lot of content yet, but maybe it will get there someday. It's got nothing on Wordpress though. It's affordably priced, although I understand their pricing is going to change to be more expensive. I've been using them for over 10 years, to run my small, personal sites; but I might have to consider changing in the next couple years.

Cons

It's not terribly powerful if you don't want to get into html, and the third party support for it is pretty lacking. Lots of features you'd find on Wordpress or even other similar platforms are absent. But for the price (as it is today), it's hard to complain. Also, I have trouble getting help from their support. I've had issues with logging in and I may or may not get a response, and if I do I might have to wait a day or so. I don't know about you, but when I need to make a change to my site, I need to make a change, I can't wait around for a whole day. Fortunately, in the long time I've used Weebly, this has only happened a few times.

MM

Meagan M.

Weebly- Unlock Your Inner Web Designer

Weebly is a wonderful website building platform. I have personally used it to create both a website and online portfolio that I use professionally. I was very nervous when I began designing the site, but Weebly could not make it easier to develop the website of your dreams!

Pros

Weebly gives even the least tech-savvy users the freedom and the tools to create their own professional website. With Weebly, creating a personalized website is simple, worry-free, and rewarding. The site has hundreds of themes available to suit whichever enterprise you are beginning, from online stores to blogs, to business, to personal webpages, and online portfolios, Weebly enables you to truly have it all. The website builder supports you as you add pages to your webpage and makes editing a snap! I have no web developing background but created an online portfolio that I am proud to share at all professional events, all with the built-in support of the Weebly website! For anyone looking to have the power to customize their own site, I cannot recommend this platform highly enough.

Cons

Honestly, in the years I have worked with Weebly, I have no reason not to recommend the platform. It is perfect for those who want to create their own website in a hasslefree manner. The website even offers free and premium versions of virtually all add ons to meet whichever price point the user is working with.