PowerDetails Reviews

PowerDetails

Employee scheduling software for law enforcement agencies

4.56/5 (18 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the ease of use of the software and the fact that it is very user friendly, both as a user and as an administrator.Chris S.Read the full review
  • Much more efficient than an excel spreadsheet. The Best part is if you need assistance, their Customer Service is Amazing.Sandra B.Read the full review
  • The fairness and ease of use. It allows all users the ability to see what jobs are out there in an easy to use format.Nathan L.Read the full review
Cons
  • We are still looking for an electronic payment system so employers can pay deputies directly without checks. I constantly deal with checks being lost in the u.S. Mail.Keith C.Read the full review
  • PowerDETAILS views it as assigned and a schedule conflict with another job...warning/error message to the user.Kelly B.Read the full review
  • Although I am the back-up administrator for the software, I have no experience in billing and some of the other features of the software to be able to comment on those.Chris S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kelly Block

Great product! Easy to use and timely response from customer service

Reviewed 2019-11-08

It has simplified the tracking and managing of the off duty employment program at our agency and sped up the process with reacting to last minute requests or coverage issues. The users can manage their jobs from any location at any time from their laptops or cell phones without interacting with the off duty coordinator. Quick response from Customer Service and Software Support issues.

Pros
It is easy to use and allows agency (supervisors, users) to access and coordinate our off duty employment 24 hrs. day. App for I-phone users is a plus. Customers can have rights to view their jobs so it reduces communication with the detail coordinator to track their request. Ability to send messages via the software. Creating invoices for customers via software, simplifies billing processes.

Cons
Users need the administrator to do an override if they are a backup on a job and they want to signup for another job around the same time slot. PowerDETAILS views it as assigned and a schedule conflict with another job...warning/error message to the user. Would prefer a message that would inform the user but not count the backup as if it was an assigned job.

Crystal Valvano

OSCO Review

Reviewed 2019-12-19

It has been a good experience and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing at answering all of my questions and helping me find a solution to whatever I call her about.

Pros
The ease of using the system and pulling reports.

Cons
If I don't add the billing information for the personnel rate & billing rate it will auto add an incorrect rate.

Cindy Speece

Power Details

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
Great customer support. It is pretty user friendly for deputies to use.

Cons
We are a high volume agency and it takes a lot of man hours scheduling and invoicing details that are worked. It would be nice if vendors could request details through the system where they could input information, and once approved by our agency, added to the calendar to be worked. It would be helpful for the invoices to have one total for deputy charges and one total for admin fees rather than combined.

Response from PowerDetails

Hi Cindy,

Looks like we already have the feature you're describing! Vendor contacts set up with employer user accounts can request jobs through PowerDetails, which are sent for review by an admin. Once the admin approves the requested job, it is posted to your calendar for personnel to apply for.

Our support team will be happy to walk you through setting this up!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Keith Chamblee

WCSO Florida Extra Duty Software Review

Reviewed 2019-12-09

Positive- Tech support is always their if/when I need them. Also- We have been approached by two other software companies. Neither have been able to duplicate what we need and what we get from Power Details. Customized payment methods. Other companies want to charge the employers for the software. This will not work or be allowed by our agency. Our yearly fee for Power Details is more than reasonable.

Pros
Separate messaging system- Only deputies that are involved/work extra duty details get messages about jobs. The rest of the agency is not bothered by emails that don't pertain to them. App for users- easy to use from agency issued cellphones. Customized Billing and Invoicing- Deputies are paid directly from employers 24/7 Tech support Easy to use as an administrator and user- Coping a past job to create a new job saves a lot of time for me. Adding recurring details can be entered for years in advance and changed at any time.

Nathan Lusk

Two months in...

Reviewed 2019-12-11

From day one we have had a great overall experience and so far this has been the best software purchase I've been a part of.

Pros
The fairness and ease of use! It allows all users the ability to see what jobs are out there in an easy to use format. The end users like that it provides a personal calendar and they have been able to get off duty jobs they were not able to before due to working shifts when the job was originally announced.

Cons
As an administrator I love there are tons of reports, but there are a couple styles of reports I either have not found in the system or would like added. I really do not have any cons at this point and PowerDETAILS has saved me a tremendous amount of time. The only user complaints have been from some who work permanent days and have not been able to get as many jobs as they used to since the system allows equal distribution that is set to the administrator's preferences.

Beth Mitchell

Easy to Use and Dependable

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Worked with it the past year and a half and found the customer support was extremely accommodating. Always answering my questions and displaying easier ways to accomplish tasks.

Pros
Easy to Use the product. Also enjoy the feature to release details at a set time and date. This makes it fair to those who are bidding on the jobs.

Cons
Would like to see a feature of the total hours displayed on the initial detail as well as the price displayed on the menu page.

Patricia Stanton

Review of Power Details

Reviewed 2019-12-10

Excellent, support staff is virtually unmatched to any other software program I use. Prompt return of calls.

Pros
Quick, easy, mobile app is user friendly. System runs itself.

Cons
Would like to issue an invoice to vendors prior to the completion of the job. I believe this was in the works already.

Ron Hanavan

???

Very good!

Pros
Very easy to use and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely helpful and always available.

Cons
Some of the setting that auto populate dates are to far out and spend time changing dates... but not a hige issue.

Michael Richardosn

PowerDetails Program Use

Reviewed 2019-11-15

PowerDETAILS allows us to fairly offer overtime and does a phenomenal job with accounting for the number of members who have signed up for a Job and the number of additional members needed for a Job. It has a great feature to account for the financial resources expended based upon the compensation parameters that are applied to each member. I have suggested that our organization customize our compensation parameters (i.e. FICA, Night Differential…etc.) to allow for an even more accurate financial reporting.

Pros
By far I would say the ease of use of PowerDETAILS is the primary “Pro”. The program is very user-friendly requiring a small learning curve for the end-user.

Cons
I do not have any complaints the only thing that I would change is the Job information report. The names of the members who signed up for a Job are arranged alphabetically by the first name instead of by the last name.

Jason DeHaan

Power Details for Off-Duty

Reviewed 2019-11-21

Very good product and service

Pros
Access by app for user. Very easy use for the officers selecting jobs and signing up for jobs

Cons
Lack of ability to track what businesses have been invoiced. It would be nice if you could change the color after you have sent an invoice.

Sandra Block

Power Details Works Great!

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
We really like Power Details, The program is user friendly. Much more efficient than an excel spreadsheet. The Best part is if you need assistance, their Customer Service is Amazing!

Cons
That we did not get it sooner. We are very Happy

Gio Orbe

Fast, Efficient system

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Pros
Software is easy to use, straightforward. Support is excellent.

Cons
Search option for invoices is limited, you have to start from the beginning every time you are searching all invoices under one vendor

Terence Williams

The program is great and the staff is always there to help if any problems arise.

Reviewed 2019-11-20

Pros
Very easy to use and our employees love it.

Cons
None. No problems since using the program.

Eman Nayrouz

Power Details Review

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Pros
Easy use and more functional for all aspects of the department.

Cons
Some things don't show up on Invoice that we would like to.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tiesha Williams

Happy with the system

Reviewed 2019-12-09

keeping up with the events employees work as well as the hours they spend working.

Pros
It's simple to use and to teach others how to use even if they are older.

Cons
The website can't be reached by just typing in powerdetails.com

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jeff Truncellito

PowerDetails

Reviewed 2019-11-08

My experience has been excellent. It has made my job easier and more effficent.

Pros
The ease to create a detail. It is also a fair way to post jobs and is very easy for the users.

Cons
I have nothing negative to say at this time.

Chris Slayman

User Friendly

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Although I am the back-up administrator for the software, I have no experience in billing and some of the other features of the software to be able to comment on those. However, overall, the software was a good purchase for our agency.

Pros

Cons
Nothing really comes to mind. Really, there is a minimum 40 character count??? lol

Gary Menard

Power Details review

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
I absolutely love no longer having to call all part time employees in order to fill open job spaces. Quick and easy to post openings.

Cons
I wish there was a mobile app for administrators so I wouldn't have to be at my desk to utilize it.