UPshow Logo

UPshow

Interactive TV & digital signage tailored to every business.

UPshow Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

Ease of use, It is so easy to set up and install. The GUI is straight forward and simple, and the support team is fantastic.
It is great advertisement for our bar. So fun to use and shows customer appreciation by allowing us to put their pictures on it.
LOVE the Highlight feature. Easy to create, they look great and we have been able to implement in marketing trades with partners.
The only problem we have encountered with this program is that the text you can add to an image is only in white. This is a problem for many images that also contain white.
Responses for action were never followed up on, and no communication to me as the service buyer. Tagging service did not work properly.
It is kind of hard at the beginning, we try with a ppt presentation and it was confusing how to move and put in order the slides.

Johnnie H.

Business Development

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Upshow Buffalo

Transcript

Johnnie: Hi, my name is Johnnie. I am a business development manager in the IT services industry, and...

Ross H.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Grow your visitor posts!

Pros

First off, the app and website are super easy to use. There is basically no training time required because of how simple it is. The best way to describe how people will feel when they see their posts on your tv is to think about how people react when they see themselves on a jumbotron at a sporting event. It's just plain fun. The look is extremely professional and their premade templates are a great...

Cons

The one negative that I have with UPshow is that it cannot feature Instagram posts but this is not their fault. Instagram is so locked down by Facebook that this is a problem in other areas that I have dealt with in my personal use of Instagram for my business. Also, we just want more templates because they look awesome (side note: they really do have tons already though).

Thanks Ross for the review! I'm glad you've had such a great experience with the UPshow platform within your Chick-fil-A. Our Customer Success team will be in touch with you tomorrow to discuss the Instagram issue you mentioned, as those posts should be a part of your social screen.

sS

sean S.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Solid program but needs a little more options

I dont have issues, like you are asking for feedback.

Pros

Ease of use and uploading content. Social media participation. Customers seeing them self on the tvs is your biggest asset. At least in my world.

Cons

I would like to upload photos threw the back office (online portal) instead of going threw social media. To go further, birthday templates for customers have a single picture one, 4 picture one, and a template like social media pictures that shows multiple flipping threw the screens. The same template for events, like anniversaries, bands, and previous annual parties (example customer appreciation party). Also a "text your pictures" or "email your pictures" to the admin to add to this screen. That feature would be for people like me that dont really use instagram or snap chat. I use facebook , which I guess if for old people

Thanks Sean for the review and feedback. Coming early next year we have an integration with Canva that will allow for you to easily create beautiful Spotlights using their templates. Either way, I'll be sharing your thoughts with our product team.

EV

Erika V.

Up Show Review

Everyone loves watching the tv of course. Its great for in house promotions, event reminders and student retention. The students love seeing themselves up on that TV screen.

Pros

I like that I can use this software for my basic needs. I like that I can edit my playlist, schedule and connect my Instagram content. I think the idea of upshow is great but could be executed a little better.

Cons

Connecting to social media process was pain. From what I understand it was a one of situation though. I wish we could edit more and have other options for our playlist. I dont like the text tiles usually Im just looking to have the content to take over the whole screen.

EH

Erika H.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Not my favorite software

Overall, it's fine. I only manage the employee displays, our Marketing Manager handles the customer facing tvs and when we chat it seems like we can't ever do what we initially want. Instead, we have to find a way to use Canva and get around it. With that said, [sensitive content hidden] has made the experience manageable in her quick responses and support answering my questions.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] has been extremely helpful and answers the many questions I have! And also, being able to use my Canva within UPshow makes everything else manageable.

Cons

It seems like everything on the platform has frustrated me at one point. The home button is not intuitive, the customization in each area is so limited and not very 'pretty' for what we want to display, there are many sections where I can't delete items myself, I can barely customize templates, there are a handful of items that seem like I should be able to click them but it's just display information. Overall, the purpose it serves is great but I don't love using it.

Hi Erika, thank you for your feedback. If you'd like to reach out to support@upshow.tv to help you out with customizations & scheduling, the CS team would be happy to try and further improve your experience!

DV

Deva V.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

BPE Upshwo

great

Pros

Easy to use, the customer service is excellent.

Cons

the "tv" and "news" seem a little generic. Limiting options, or not the right fit for our business.

Thank you for your review Deva. We routinely add more channels to our entertainment selection, please reach out to support@upshow.tv to learn more!

bc

brandon c.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great Product, Easy to Use

As mentioned, it's a great product and the cost is fair. I love that you can control it from your laptop or even your phone. It's a great way to get information and announcements across our studios to our members.

Pros

I like the customization capabilities. The website to structure the TV's output is so easy to use. They give you a lot of tools to create announcements and other important items for our 3 fitness studios.

Cons

Had to think about this one because I love this product. Maybe more user-friendly when it comes to dragging the slides to how you want them presented and in what order.

Thanks for your review Brandon. We really appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

Brian S.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable business tool!

We are increasing our average check by engaging our customers with visual entertainment.

Pros

I utilize the platform for a variety of visual content. It engages our guests and lends to longer stays and increased revenue.

Cons

We are currently working to get the trivia aspect to allow "Trivia Night" competitions. It's taking longer than expected.

NK

Niko K.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Upshow is Amazing for any Business!

Pros

Great features and functionality! Love how we can stream!

Cons

Nothing bad to say! They are constantly improving and adding new features!

Thanks for your 10/10 review Niko. It's great to hear about your positive experience with UPshow!

Johnnie H.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Upshow Buffalo

Great growth

Pros

Ease of content addition Use other ppls content to add to your library

Cons

Not able to use Facebook or post reviews

BK

Blaine K.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Higher Engagement

Pros

Once you start using UPshow the functionality is wide. We have gotten a great response from our Team Members about UPshow. They have more access to company information, significant milestones, and much more.

Cons

There is a learning curve to utilizing the software. You may need to go through a few different training sessions. But once you do, it becomes much easier to manage the software.

Thank you for your 10/10 review Blaine. We are so happy that you have received such a great response from your team members!

KL

Kerry L.

Music, 1-10 employees

TouchTunesTV powered by Upshow

UPshow has been a great company to work with. There have been problems, but they are quick to reply and resolve the issues. I would definitely recommend working with them.

Pros

The interface is easy to create new Spotlights on the fly. And able to make your own ads and upload them and even links to Youtube videos. I like that the hashtags for the location are easy to put into social media when posting and even afterward and they still will show up on the TV screens.

Cons

There are some limitations on using the interface on an iPhone or iPad. Usually it's easier to create your ads on a laptop and then make subtle changes or scheduling if needed later on an iPad.

Thanks Kerry for the feedback - I'm glad you've had a great experience with the UPshow team and platform!

AW

Adam W.

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

We upsell, using UPshow

We aren't big enough to compete with the big boys in terms of radio or tv ads. So a lot of our advertising comes inside our restaurants. The ability to install a huge tv and promote all of our menu items and specials has been a very nice addition to our marketing strategy.

Pros

It gives us the ability to advertise to our customers from a High Definition TV, while they eat. If you already have them in your restaurant, what better way to increase ticket amounts than to promote extras, like desserts and appetizers. We also promote kids' night, and various events. It's a great way to keep our guests informed on all of our great menu items and events.

Cons

We had a few issues with the social media integration but that was because of something on our end that wasn't jiving with the software. Once we fixed that, all was well.

JG

Jeff G.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

With over 3 million impressions we would rate the value of UpShow at 10 STARS!

Our customer experiences have been viewed 3 million times since the start of using UpShow. Great Value!

Pros

Software allows you to track the number of people reached by your customers' posts. With this information, our team is able to easily conclude that through UpShow we reach more people per dollar spent than any other advertising outlet, 3 millions impressions and counting!

Cons

Content screening has been a challenge at times . Monitoring the content and making sure that only relevant material appears becomes a daily chore.

Thank you Jeff for you incredible feedback! We love hearing what a positive impact our platform can have. We also hope that the improvements we've made to moderation has made the process easier for you - feel free to reach out with any other suggestions!

BC

Brittani C.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Better your business

Customers are genuinely excited to watch UPshow. Sitting in the dining room, you will always hear conversations going on about our slideshow. It also creates engagement with our guests and encourages them to post about us, with the opportunity for their photos to appear in our restaurant. The more engagement our social media receives, the more followers we receive, and the business grows.

Pros

This software is the most dynamic way to communicate to our customers. We have had a Community Board since we opened, which displayed paper marketing, photos, and other static means of communication, but upon discovering UpShow and utilizing the space for that instead, we are finding that customers have truly taken notice. It is an exciting, attention-grabbing, fun way to keep our customers in the know!

Cons

The thing that I like least is that we are unable to select how often we choose to display our Spotlights. It would be awesome to be able to prioritize certain Spotlights or select how often they appear throughout the day without having to duplicate them or reorder them in the Spotlight section; it is very difficult to reorder them properly.

Thanks Brittani for your feedback, this is extremely helpful and I'll make sure our Product team gets your insights on the Spotlights section of the Control Panel.

VS

Virginia S.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Quality, easy to work, user friendly

The ability to market our venue on social media through customer involvement. UpShow also allows us to make our guests feel special and valued by shouting out them or their friends/loved ones for special occasions.

Pros

The ability to customize so much, to set certain date/time limits. The website is very easy to navigate and is simplistic but also offers a wide variety of options. The ability to link with Instagram is also a nice feature.

Cons

I wish that the text options that overlay the pictures were more diverse. Sometimes I need to pick a different color so that it would show up better and I am unable to do so. Having a variation in fonts would also be nice.

Thanks Virginia for your feedback, I'm glad you've been having such a great experience with UPshow! Your ideas around new features for creating & customizing Spotlights are really good and I've already shared with our Product team.

HB

Haley B.

We love UPshow!

We've loved our experience with UPshow. It's easy to use, and has helped us engage with our students.

Pros

I love how easy it is to add material! I can even do it from my phone. Once I add a slide, I set a schedule, and don't have to worry about it! I also love our karate student interaction and social media engagement it has brought to our business. I would 100% recommend this software!

Cons

I would love it if UPshow also had the option to connect with Facebook. I feel Facebook is the social media platform most frequently used by our karate parents.

Haley, thanks so much for the review! I'm glad it's been simple + fun part of the experience for you and your students.

BK

Beth K.

Being able to capture all of this UGC is invaluable.

Pros

Ease of use. Very little maintenance on our part. Dual functionality of being able to advertise to my guests and get them involved in the promotion of our product is amazing.

Cons

The connectivity issues that we have, but view this more as an internal WIFI issue. Also dislike when users spam us with their puppy pictures or kids senior portraits that aren't relevant to being in our bar and listening to live music (though of no fault to Upshow).

Beth, Bobby McKey's is consistently one of the top venue's in the UPshow network, and we're so glad you love the platform!

JL

Jason L.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

UPshow Back of House is a Game Changer!

It has been easy to implement, maintain, and support has always been great.

Pros

I love how this software allows us to communicate rapidly across all locations, and also how easy it is to manage and track contests and keep employee engagement at a high level. UPshow team has been quick to respond to suggestions and to reach out about our opinions about what we would like to see integrated, added, or upgraded.

Cons

So far, I don't have any particular negatives.

DM

Daniel M.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Everything that upshow promised has been delivered.

Keeping guest entertained in our establishments.

Pros

Keeping guest entertained while waiting for drinks to be made at our bar. I think it helps with the guest feeling like they are waiting for a long period of time.

Cons

I wish more people submitted more pictures to be displayed on screen. We have really tried to get our guest to use it more, but are not having the success we were hoping for.

Thanks Daniel for the review. Our Customer Success team will be in touch with ideas for boosting engagement.

HP

Holly P.

Upshow Review

We could have made slides for free on another program, rather than spending the $95/month. Like I said previously, the reason we got it was so parents could upload pics of their kids to our social media.

Pros

The slides look professional and nice, easy to use and display.

Cons

We thought when we signed the contract that parents would be able to easily upload pictures of their children directly to our social media and that is the main reason we got it. Very disappointing to find out it doesn't work like that.

VT

Violet T.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Fun and easy to use!

I feel like the only con was fixed...now pictures and videos can be uploaded with one hashtag rather than having to use two hashtags.

Pros

I have seen my social media engagement increase over 100% since I started using upshow! It helps to create active social media conversations that happen immediately...while people are still in my studio! It's awesome!

Cons

Thanks Violet for your review, it's been great having you as a longstanding customer!

JC

Jan C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

UPShow

This system has been great for us! We love it, and so do our members!

Pros

I like that I can display our offerings in a minute. I can change and keep our members updated in real time without waiting for other people or programs to be downloaded. Speed is great! The ability to switch on the fly helps us promote in real-time.

Cons

I wish the setting up of the screens could have a few more features to make things look better, like adding shading to letters or curves.

GG

Greg G.

Restaurants,

We Got the Social Prescence We Were Looking For!

Upshow enabled us to be socially relevant in a fun and engaging way. We've spent years bobbing and weaving Facebook's business policies and watching successful campaigns fall to their ever changing rules. We're horrible at twitter. We weren't using our Instagram. With upshow, we've found an audience and the engagement we were longing for, and an opportunity to sharpen our brand focus.

Pros

I've already referred them to other friends with businesses

MR

Madelyn R.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great!

We have realized a huge benefit with Upshow! Getting the community involved and posting more pictures have been amazing. We have also used it for promoting our events and different things that have been going on at the store which has been great and we are very thankful we started using Upshow!

Pros

There are so many pros to this software. It is easy to use, it works great, and the customer service has been amazing!

Cons

We at Chick-fil-A Waterloo haven't experienced any cons with this software

Thanks Madelyn for the review and kind words, Team UPshow really appreciates it!

LK

Lauren K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Marketing Tool

Pros

The UP Show is great. It allows patients to interact with software on the day to day. It also allows patient to see what other clinics in our company are doing. Easy to use. Easy to get messages/reminders out to our patients.

Cons

Would be neat to have some type of background music. Our waiting area is quiet.

Thanks Lauren for the feedback, I'm glad the platform is easy to use and has been great for patient interaction! I'll also share your 'sound' feedback with our product team.