SchoolAuction.net Logo

Web-based software for volunteer-driven fundraising auctions

SchoolAuction.net Reviews

Suggested alternatives

fundraising-software
betterworld
adaptabid

There was a learning curve, especially for those team members who aren't especially tech-savvy , but the majority found it very easy to use and were thrilled that we made the switch.
ALL of our events yielded higher revenue than in past years as a result of their great tools and we saved money over the other packages we evaluated.
The integration for the business side of the auction was fantastic.
As we began last year, the committee asked "Are we using the auction software again. I stopped them dead in their tracks when my reply was, "I refuse to participate if we DON'T.
Some team members struggled with the lack of phone support.

Nicole W.

Communications Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy to use auction software

Transcript

Nicole W. : Hi. My name is Nicole and I'm a development director in the nonprofit industry, and I give...

CW

Courtney W.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Best Auction Software We've Used!

Overall we've had an amazing experience with SchoolAuction.net. We just renewed our subscription for the 3rd year and enjoy using it for not only our annual auction but for other fundraising events throughout the year. I would highly recommend this software over any other.

Pros

This software was created with the average computer user in mind but also gives the customization tools for a super user! It has a beautiful website for the bidding audience and a fully functional database with excellent reporting for the auction team. I would say the best thing about this software is its ease of use for everyone, our bidders, ticket buyers, donors, and especially our volunteer team. I don't have to spend a bunch of time training them how to use the software, it has a very detailed search system and walk through function so my staff can learn how to use it on their own.

Cons

There's a few minor things I have complaints about but I've brought them up to the customer service department and they are working on making changes to those areas of improvement.

Thanks, Courtney! We really appreciate your feedback - stay tuned for announcements on the upgrades coming later this summer.

CN

Corinne N.

Escuela Key Auction March 25, 2017

Generally very good experience. 3 Major Problems that I would like to discuss with someone for next year. (1) When guests with a shared bidder number checked in, the guest whose email was secondary in the account got an error message that they needed to create a password and vault a credit card. That made no sense because the first guest had already done so. We don't know if we were doing something...

Pros

Easy to load the catalog and to enter data. Easy to bid. Easy to check out. Easy to close out orders. Easy to do returns. Generally, really great to use this software. Would definitely use again next year.

Cons

After editing an item in the catalog and hitting save, you bounce back to the top of the catalog. The whole situation with raffle items is confusing. It was never clear to me whether the items being raffled should have been categorized as "raffle" or what. Major problems checking in second guest on shared bidder number. Major problems with Will Call report during the auction. Sellable items -- "cost" (ie FMV) displayed on the printed description sheet. Should display the "Buy Now" price.

Thank you, Corinne! We appreciate the feedback, and will reach out to you directly to discuss the issues you saw.

KM

Kara M.

Used other for 1-2 years

Good for Project Administrators, Complicated for Helpers

As one of the administrators of the auction, I spent a lot of time using SchoolAuction.net and the more familiar I was with it the more I liked it, however, it was hard for people who could only donate a small amount of time to help with it, which was problematic.

Pros

I loved the customer support and online tutorial.

Cons

I felt it was not easy for new comers to navigate. I also feel that the auction site itself was not very user friendly and many people complained about having difficulty bidding and/or finding specific items. I also did not like the layout of the site when using a mobile devise.

RB

Robert B.

The best we've found - it does everything.

SchoolAuction.net has been an incredible upgrade from the software we used for a few years. It's a complete system that essentially provides everything you need in order to conduct an online and/or live auction, from selling tickets to selling items, assigning and printing bid sheets and bidder cards, as well as invoicing, tracking and receiving payments, and reconciliation. Essentially, it's a complete...

TC

Tony C.

Non-Profit Preschool with yearly Gala & Silent Auction fundraiser

I was referred by another local Austin non-profit to the SchoolAuction platform while researching online event and silent auction software in 2014. After conducting product reviews with the sales staff for two other vendors I was very pleasantly surprised when I called and spoke to Roger. One of the questions that Open Door was wrestling with was whether or not to implement mobile bidding. Keep...

IK

Isaac K.

Executive Office, 11-50 employees

Excellent All-In-One School Auction Software!

I have been using this software for the past two years and it is excellent and very user friendly! I have run the entire auction event from start to finish with this site and I have no complaints about it at all. The customer support is second to none. They have addressed every single ticket I have submitted in under 30 minutes and have always addressed my concerns. The front end is great and easily...

Pros

Easy to use, end-to-end management of auction event. No need to use any other product for any other portion of the event. Easy to convert items from silent to online auction. POS is very professional and just as good as anything you would find in a retail store.

Cons

It is a little more expensive than some of the cheaper auction software out there, but I know this is because it contains much more functionality. If you have a very small event then it might not be worth the price, but for anything mid to large size this is the best product.

MJ

Matt J.

3 Year Returning Customer

We have been a customer for 3 years, going on 4. To start with, the system had all of the base functionality that we needed to run our auction as is. Each year, we have used some of the new features (online check in/out, online bidding pre/post auction, etc) to improve our auction for our school community. The support, both the online help features and the ability to call/email, has been the best part of using SchoolAuction.net. Each year we have new volunteers running the system, so having the tutorials really helps. SchoolAuction.net has helped us to improve our auction each year.

Pros

Cons

The first 2 years we did not understand the difference between the Tacking and Item Numbers and how to change the Item Number using the Tables feature, which caused some headaches for tracking our physical items. Now that we know the difference, that issue is behind us.

VW

Valerie W.

The best tool for optimizing your fundraiser

I initially looked into online and mobile bidding tools for our company's silent auction due to new logistic challenges. Specifically, the event was growing and with limited opportunities to maximize our event space, we needed a solution to improve flow and reduce lines at the silent auction tables and check-out station. After conducting some research, SchoolAuction.net/TofinoAuctions.com clearly...

JD

Julie D.

Essential tool for non-profit event management

In my role as our school's fundraising & auction chair, and a professional event planner for corporate, government and non-profit clients with over 15 years' international experience, I need a complete event software package - it has to be easy to learn, easy to use, come all the features and have a cost-effective and clear pricing structure. Technical support is also a must, as is data ownership...

KF

Kate F.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

You'd be silly to attempt an auction without it!

When I came on-board at my non-profit, they had been using just Excel sheets and word docs for all of their auction needs. That gave me nightmares! When we finally started using School Auction, it was a game-changer. As we began last year, the committee asked "Are we using the auction software again?" I stopped them dead in their tracks when my reply was, "I refuse to participate if we DON'T." That's the power of School Auction.Net! :) Better yet, their leadership team provides personalized attention and support around the clock. That's something that is hard to find in a software company--but they want you to be successful, and so they are committed to answering any questions and addressing any issues you may have. I can't say enough!

Pros

Ease of use. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and it provides everything from donor information to the actual gift certificates/vouchers you can print in the absence of a tangible item. Personalized, reliable support is amazingly helpful too!

Cons

It'd be great to run off complete lists of items that sold, who purchased them and how much they paid. Also, selling single items, like raffle tickets was a bit difficult last year, from what I can remember.

DL

Daniel L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

User Friendly, Easy to Engage Volunteers With!

Our organization has used School Auction for over 4 years for our major gala event. We are committed to creating an enjoyable event, and School Auction has been our key assist to making the event run smooth. The tool is useful because it automates so many core functions at a gala fundraiser: Pre-planning, the tool is easy to use for helping to sort and ID guests. It's a great repository for our...

Pros

Very user friendly. The data for after event comparison is very helpful in designing and planning what is most effective.

BL

Brandie L.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Such a Great Product

I love so much about SA - the ease of putting things in, the on-line catalog, etc. This product helped us so much with our dinner & auction. I really enjoy using it. We will be using it again for the upcoming year as well!

Pros

This program was very easy to use! Most things felt natural. If I ever got stuck, the help section almost always has the answer. We had used a different product in the past and it was horrible. This product is light years ahead of it! Switching over was an easy task and I enjoyed using it.

Cons

A few times we had to reach out to get questions answered that we couldn't find the answer to. That said, they reply is always prompt and helpful! I also wish we could arrange catalog numbers by subgroups/categories.

Thanks, Brandie! Please make sure to check out the new catalog options as you get ready for the next event; we're pretty excited about them.

SS

Sue S.

Wonderful product with outstanding support service

While looking upgrade our silent auction event, I researched at least five online services. I had a good idea of what I needed, though my research taught me about additional services available that were helpful. A little background...my organization, until this year, had done nearly everything manually from recording reservations to checkout, and beyond. Transitioning from manual to digital is...

MH

Michelle H.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great solution for our FIRST ever School Auction!

Pros

+ Clear, friendly user interface made it easy to enter data and to train volunteers quickly how to use. + Check-in/out feature was outstanding, facilitated quick, easy, accurate check-out processing even though we used the "basic" model. + Event website and online auction features felt customized and branded for our school. + Amazing value. All the functionality and gloss of other more expensive school auction software products!

Cons

+ A little restricted on the type of reporting/reports we could run. Had to run a couple different ones to get the info I needed. + Some of my issues could probably have been resolved if my volunteer team had been larger and I had more time to understand how School Auction net worked....so I don't really think the "cons" had much to do with the actual product

Thanks, Michelle! We're working on reporting by the way - yes, you can currently generate any report you may need... but that process can be (and will be) streamlined a bit to get you more quickly to some common reports. Check in with the support team for more info on that as you get ready for next year's auction.

LY

Laura Y.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

From a front-line non-profit fundraiser...

This program brings professionalism and SO many tools to our event administration! It improves the guest experience (if we utilize it well), and helps keep the chaos in order. It also helps us reach a bigger audience by making information available to online users who cannot attend an in-person event. Our experience has been nothing but positive with SchoolAuction/[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

The customer service and help options! There is a lot to learn & understand when you first set things up, and to really utilize all the features. So when you call or reach out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], a knowledgable, kind, and patient person ALWAYS picks up quickly. I LOVE THAT!

Cons

Not being able to upload multiple item images at once into either the individual catalog listings, or into an in-software image library that is easily accessed from catalog. But that is a MINOR thing!

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for your review! I love that our software has helped you reach a bigger audience and that you've had great experiences with our support team. Also, good news - we're reworking the image upload feature to add the ability to drag and drop multiple images, so stay tuned for that. Looking forward to helping you with your next event or fundraiser! Best, Vanessa

MS

Melissa S.

School Auction. Net

This is the second year our school (public elementary school) has used School Auction.net for our auction. As a new auction chair last year, I had heard nothing but complaints about how non-user friendly the prior software we had been using for 4+ years was, and so I decided to change. After comparing several vendors, we settled upon SchoolAuction.net and have been very pleased. Everyone who had...

JA

Jackie A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Spectacular Product with Superior Customer Service

My first year running an auction, I used software already purchased by the organization. It was cumbersome, difficult and not web based. It required me mid-event to do some pretty technical things to run credit cards. Issuing refunds was a NIGHTMARE. Enter SchoolAuction.Net. This software is superior in its design, ease of use and most of all, stellar customer support. During 2020 during the pandemic,...

Pros

The best feature is being web based. Credit card processing and issuing refunds is super easy compared to other software I have used.

Cons

Catalog searches could be improved if somehow the search included not just the title of the item but the donor as well.

SS

Stacey S.

Did a Comparison of Auction Software and Scholl Auction.net Won

I helped out at my daughter's school to run the software system for their annual fundraiser. We had only used the system for one prior event and our PTA wanted to make sure their money was being well spent before they paid the renewal fee. I'm a software project manager in Silicon Valley and I research and evaluate (and install) software for a living. So I researched the different auction software...

RW

Rachel W.

Used other for 6-12 months

Perfect for school auction

Pros

This software is easy to use, once you invest the time into learning it. It helped that I had used a different software to implement the same event prior; running an auction is complicated regardless of the software! This product made it a lot easier. I loved that it was web based so the whole team could have access. The ability to sell tickets and take straight cash donations online was very helpful. The customer support was great- they were very responsive and helpful. The data entry was a breeze during the event.

Cons

My main complaint was around the reporting. Each time I wanted to print out or share details about the event (example: inventory while we were collecting items or sales afterwards) I ended up downloading relevant columns of data and manipulating it in excel to get what I wanted. I would have liked a little more flexibility. For example if I could have set up a variety of custom reports that I could run throughout the planning and execution it would have been helpful. But overall it was still totally worth it.

Thanks for the helpful feedback, and for being such a great customer!

CP

Carlotta P.

Review of Schoolauction.net

I would recommend the software.

Pros

We purchased a one time license of schoolauction.net. The software was very user friendly, and the customer service was great. We had prompt responses via email, but we spoke with a member of the user support team several times on the phone. They are available on the night of the event at no charge. The checkin/checkout process at the event was very smooth--we had approximately 300 people attend....

Cons

The user support manual is extremely helpful and you should have it on hand. That being said, I did find speaking to the user support team helpful to further explain certain aspects of the software. The reports to post the silent auction winners on the night of the event could be a bit more user friendly.

AM

Alisa M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

best auction software out there

Free of stress and headaches on auction night - closing out is simple. The fact that we can store credit card info securely makes us be able to dictate when we close out. The biggest headache of an auction is when people want to leave early, before the auction is over. With this software, we can tell them they can leave (without their winnings) and either later that night or the following day, we can process all payments.

Pros

I have chaired auctions for our school before using this software and since using this software. Never again would I use anything else. I love the fact that it is web-based, multi-user functionality and works with tablets and phones.

Cons

The price tag is a little steep for our tiny little school. But, we pay the renewal fee because it makes things run so much smoother.

nr

niki r.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

School Auction/Event

This is our second year to use school auctions website. This year we used the mobile bidding and it was GREAT! for the price of the software it can not be beat!

Pros

easy to use (with support help on some things), the reports that are already setup are great, we can sell ANYTHING on the software - its a one stop shop for our needs.

MS

Melissa S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

We have used this software for our last two auctions we had and it is really great!

This software is really great for running your auction! You can sell tickets to your event, easily upload auction items, check in your guests on the night of the event, checkout is a breeze and they have every report you need to see where you're at with your auction.

Pros

We can sell tickets to our event on this site, track who purchased which auction item, the checkout process is easy, we can print bidding cards with guests names on them, it's easy to add auction items into the software...it's just a pretty user friendly site.

Cons

The only thing we've found we are not able to do with this software that we were able to do with our previous auction software was to print our auction booklet.

AL

Andrea L.

SchoolAuction.net - Amazing Tool for Auctions!

I highly recommend SchoolAuction.net as a cost effective, easy to use auction management tool! Best wishes for a successful event...

Pros

Having used SchoolAuction.net two times over the past 3 years (our auction is every other year) I can't say enough positive things about the system and the support available. The registration and auction set up is very easy to create and manage, the timelines and email reminders are essential to staying on track and the online auction feature helped us raise even more more $$ after the actual auction date. We had multiple users entering data into the system (many who were very new to this type of tool and they were up and running with 20 minutes of training!) If you are planning an auction and have not considered using an online auction management tool, I urge you to think again and definitely look at using SchoolAuction.net.

Cons

At first, the system may seem overwhelming because it is so powerful and able to do so many things but don't let that stop you. You don't have to use ALL of the features the first time...just the ones that make the most sense for your event.

LP

Lisa P.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

First Virtual Gala with Live Auction and Fund-a-Need

Pros

We love the ease of the system. We have done silent auctions with paper bids, silent auctions with online bids, and now a live auction virtually. The fund-a-need online was great and everyone enjoyed seeing their heart with their name and amount. Setting up the site is fairly easy and the migrate function for future events is amazing.

Cons

There were some things that would have been nice to have integrated into the system, like showing slides during the event without having to share a screen. Some of the set-up can be cumbersome, but the response time of the help team was awesome.

Thanks, Lisa! Stay tuned - we're updating the Virtual Gala feature to include slides. Expect an announcement on that coming very soon.