Omnigo Reviews

Omnigo

Ensuring Safer Tomorrows

Omnigo

Review Summary

Pros

We have been very satisfied with our use of Rep[rot Exec Enterprise. CESI has been very responsive to our questions and are great to work with in solving problems.

Dan W.

I think it is excellent software and lives up to the job it does. I like the way it is a work in progress and is forever evolving to better suit our needs.

Kathy H.

The ability to have all data saved and to access any information saved at any time. Also, to have the opportunity to complete all reports and add any other information electronically when needed.

Brett A.

Cons

The weakness has always been updating notification and system bugs. We rely on this system every moment of the day so when it's not working correctly it creates some issues.

Chris T.

M a system network admin at my company and service about 10-12 other services and this support is around the worst that I've ever seen.

Bryan G.

And teaching areas when I have had a problem or an issue with the program.

Leonard H.

4.4

What a great experience and Security tool to have.

The software is easy to use, so it's user friendly. The program is really simple to use but have a lot of tools to ensure your department is successful. The program is web based and ca be accessed anywhere where there's internet.

Pros

Cons

We did not purchase enough licenses. If there's no internet, you will not be able to access the software.

The most bang for your buck!

The enterprise program is one of the most complete entry level systems around with expandability and design options that rival much more expensive competitors. With over 12 years in the partnership we couldn't be happier with the product! The ability to run reports in an instant, document compliance with ease, and manage the daily operational needs of the department is supported with a robust system...

Pros

The adaptability and integration options.

Cons

I haven't found it yet

If looking for visitor management choose a different platform than iPass visitor management

We are using Omnigo for visitor management and for keeping track of security guards at locations.

Pros

That they have a SaaS for the iPass so you don't have to manage the architecture on your own physical site.

Cons

Do not like waiting on hold for 45 minutes for Omnigo support for iTrak / iPass to answer. Typically 8 times out of 10 when I call in they are not able to answer it while I'm on the phone with them either. I'm a system network admin at my company and service about 10-12 other services and this support is around the worst that I've ever seen. Everything extra to do within iPass is either an extra...

Hands-off maintenance is a huge plus

I really enjoy the enterprise software that is hosted remotely on the Competitive Edge servers. It takes one more administrative/maintenance responsibility off our shoulders, ensures that we're always running the latest edition of the software, and utilizing the latest features. I also like the fact that my staff can access it from anywhere they have an internet connection - previously the program...

Pros

Versatile features, hosted off-site, very accessible/responsive support staff

Cons

The need for local software on the dispatch module

Report Exec is a sound product

Report Exec is ideal for any Security or Law Enforcement firm whom wishes for incident report accountability. The Dispatch program is especially useful for operations involving multitasking of many individuals and tasks by a single dispatcher. Their customer service and tech support teams are attentive and responsive. If I were to critique a feature of the program it would be the use of vehicle tracking....

Pros

The Dispatch software. The ability to multitask several Officers and assignments by one or two individuals is key to a competent workflow with minimal resources.

Cons

The lack or difficulty in customization.

ReportExec Dispatch and Reports

Overall the software is very helpful and easy to use with great features that fill most of our needs. At times the new features or updates can be frustrating but still not a hindrance to get use to it.

Pros

Usefulness and reports.

Cons

At times can be slow, especially dispatch. I do not like the new(er) report view that relies on filters instead of being able define a search in individual fields.

Report Exec and Me

Using Report Exec has been pretty good. It keeps me organised and has a great habit of making things as simple as possible. I'm not sure what the investments for the "Value of Money" is but we have been using Report Exec for years, so it's safe to assume that it good as well. While it took me months to fully grasp the program, I would like to see more tutorials for any additions in further updates, if possible. Thank you for allowing my workplace and I make use of your product!

Pros

It records all important and not as important information in a clear manner.

Cons

It can be somewhat overwhelming. There is much about Report Exec that is complex, and tutorials and help guides would be an easy fix.

Exceptional Software

We use RE as our prime report writing software for our Security Department. The software fits our needs, and then some, perfectly. We use several of the options such as, daily events log, reports, parking permits and property. The software enables all of us in the department to be informed and current with happenings on campus. The reports produced by RE are professional looking and contain all of the information needed. Setting up RE was simple, even for a non-techie like me. I called on RE support a few times and they were great. Each time I called them they were able to assist me with my questions. I would highly recommend RE to other security departments

Pros

The professional reports that are produced and the options that enable us to track items: parking permits, property, reports.

Cons

The inability to register more than one vehicle to the same owner/driver and to produce two separate permits.

Useful Product

Overall very positive: ran into major hurdle shortly after full implementation which CSEI worked on for two months to get resolved. Very responsive to customer inquiries, very good customer service. Very little down time, when unavoidable it is always explained. CEO himself actually made a round of calls after an extended issue a year or so ago.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to train staff on. High-quality features and good product look. Our area prosecutor prefers our format over neighboring agencies.

Cons

I have no major issues with the software. The back end admin side is a bit difficult to navigate but this is more likely due to my lack of expertise more than anything.

Report Exec - a great incident reporting software sytem

We have used Report Exec since 2012. Prior to that time, we utilized a home grown system that no longer served our needs. We put out an RFP and looked into, compared and contrasted a number of incident reporting, Clery compliant, software product. Report Exec was easily customizable for our needs. It is easy to work with in all aspects. the College has more recently purchased for the Dean of Student's office, Maxient. Report Exec and Maxient have collaborated together so that our incident reports flow into the Maxient product seamlessly, saving time and effort by us. We are extremely happy with Report Exec!!

Pros

Easy of use, customization, company easy to work with

Cons

nothing

Great Software and Support

Working with Report Exec for 6 years now, there has never been a time where I have felt unimportant. Tech Support is ready to lend an assist, quick response and aids in the "I forgot how to's." The integration of information is excellent and is the one-stop shop for our public safety needs. I am excited about the new features in development and look forward to the continued partnership between PBA and Report Exec.

Pros

Integration, all aspects of Report Exec talk to each other. Dispatch initiates all activity for the officers, so the connection between both Dispatch and Report Exec allows for the flow from one to the other and vice versa.

Cons

The Scheduling Module is a little complicated to use due to the dynamic nature of our institution and providing coverage.

Great support for a great program

Have been using Report Exec Enterprise as well as the Dispatch program for over five years. We have been very pleased with both of the programs. Using them in tandem we have been able to compile the metrics needed to keep our department running smoothly. Any issues we have run into the support has been stellar. Not always able to fix an issue until an update or hot fix comes out, but they are right on top of troubleshooting and getting the issue taken care of for the next release. All in all a great program that has made our department more efficient and streamlined.

Pros

Great support and modules that cover every need

Cons

Can be a lot of updating required to stay on top of issues and use all the newest features.

Very Versatile Software

The programs have a very unique depth to it. Especially the different methods of creating overview reports to keep track of all things being logged. When I have an issue or a request for a change, I am promptly responded to. The Report Exec staff have been very professional, and eager to help. They always love to hear feedback and work with it.

Pros

The variety of tools that you can utilize, and change anything to how it can help in your specific situation.

Cons

The amount of power this software can provide you can be a bit daunting to learn.

Police Officer (RMS Administrator)

Like the program. User-friendly and does not take a long time for officers to learn and start using. I am able to add to the list as I find that new issues and laws are changed year to year. Have had nothing but good support from your tech. and teaching areas when I have had a problem or an issue with the program. They have helped me step by step and even directed me to videos that would help in the future. Great Job!

Pros

Easy to use and officer friendly.

Cons

Some what hard to use with UCR not all the information comes out in a usable form.

Review of Enterprise

We have been using RE programs for the past 16 years and have been satisfied for the same number of years. The Competitive Edge folks are usually two steps ahead of our needs, but if not, they listen closely and fix quickly. We feel sure that we are getting our money's worth. Occasionally there is a learning curve, but the program is designed to operate with ease.

Pros

Ease of use, quick support. It will do what high priced reporting programs do and fills our needs.

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice to push the enter button rather than having to move the mouse to accept a query request.

Gustavus Report Exec

I have used Report Exec for many years and have always found it easy to use. The staff are always willing to hear your suggestions, ideas and needs. Improving the quality and functionality of the software is always a high priority and the staff work hard to meet my needs. If I have a dream about how the software can help me do my job easier, I never hesitate to share it because it. They often come true!!!

Outstanding Support Team

Had a great support agent to assist me with some technical issues and he rectified them right away. I look forward to attending some training at the next RCX Conference in Milwaukee, WI in June. Awesome!

Pros

Very easy to use!

Cons

All internet based, if the internet goes down then the system goes down.

A very usable, efficient records management tool.

We chose Report Exec Enterprise several years ago as our first venture into computerized records management. We use the online version, i.e., do not use local servers for data storage. Overall the program is very good, although there are tweaks to the search functions that would make data extraction more accessible. I cannot say enough good things about the customer support team; I have them on the auto dial and they are always eager and competent to/in resolving our dilemmas.

Pros

Good price, dependable, off-site record keeping.

Cons

Supervisory data access via reports is limited, sometimes by presenting more data than we need and other times not enough. Also, the online instruction manuals are not always fully informative.

Used to be a great product

The now Omnigo, formally Report Exec, used to be a great company. I've noticed a huge decline in customer service and support. When I call customer support I'm always on hold for more than 10 minutes and have to call in again. It is very difficult because they have us, our data cannot be exported out of the software. I would have given Omnigo a 4.5/5 rating in our first year. However, the decline in many features and services has brought to express my concerns an opinions.

Pros

Highly customizable and generally easy to use. Provides many useful features when working properly.

Cons

Before Report Exec merged into Omnigo they were a great company and provided excellent service. Now, the system crashes and our data at one point was corrupted leaving me to fix the errors for many months. I've voiced my concerns resulting in little response or initiative from them to correct the issue. In addition, every year the cost per license continues to increase. Lastly, The app is still very "clunky" and doesn't provide for a fast login or even an option for touch ID. For a tech company specializing in software, I expected better.

Security Supervisor

Good, got a response from my first need for assistance. Very helpful, went to gotomeeting.com and assisted with some basic training. Thanks,

Pros

Like the ability to combine information into graphs and charts for review.

Cons

New to me so at this point don't have any cons.

Report Exec is a great tool for reporting and dispatching.

Report Exec has streamlined our process, officers and dispatchers find it easy to use. The reporting feature for month end reports provides great information for analyzing data and targeting patrols. Our department has had great experiences with customer support and issues have been resolved in a short time frame.

Pros

Easy of use.

Cons

I have been using it for several years. Most of it is very easy to use as a front end and as an administrator. The few issues we have had were addressed quickly by technical support.

Pros

Easy to use. Very flexible.

Cons

We have had a time stamp issue that has never been resolved. Other than that, it's good.

Application Admin

Overall it has been a great product. It is easy to use and to teach. There have been a few times that the system has been down due to internet issues on the vendor side that has caused minor downtime issues. Overall the value for the product is hard to beat.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Reliability of vendor internet/server.

Best Software Out There

Report Exec has always been a reliable, software for making our company run as smooth as possible. I would recommend it for anyone looking to further your companies growth.

Pros

The fast and easy way the software is set up.

Cons

The load times of the pages, and some parts of software are buggy.

Good Product

It does what we need it to do and that is tracking reports and allows us to maintain records that can be reviewed for Clery.

Pros

Adding a report is seamless.

Cons

The updates are a little slow with changes in the law.