Spendwise Logo

Spendwise

Spend management software for business

Spendwise Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

Reviews by rating

I love how simple this software is to set up and to use. Customer service was great aw well which is always a great feature.
It was awesome that I was able to easily create invoices and quotes online for my business. Easy to use and great communication from the representative.
I like that it's really affordable. It's also intuitive, and with time, it becomes a great time saver when it comes to managing finances.
There was no training on the changes to the software. It was difficult to determine where items needed to go.
The inability to modify inventory type (inventory vs non-inventory) after creation.

Caleb O.

Consumer Services,

This software is the best for making quick and easy purchase orders

Its nice to be able to reference each PO just by looking it up in the search box by the PO number

Pros

Office wise is able to save product titles and price to quickly fill out the po and send it out. I like that it is fast and easy to use. You are even able to email right from the PO.

Cons

I don't like that there is a new area that has to be set of what folder you would like to have it in after it mailed out. That slows down the process.

Thank you for your review Caleb! Not sure what you mean by setting folder you would like to have PO in after it is mailed out. If you are referring to approval folders (i.e. Inbox, Not-submitted, Rejected, Pending) the system should assign automatically depending on the approval status of the PO. I will follow-up with you to make sure I understand and help resolve.

It has changed the way our company handles purchasing

Pros

Simple interface and keeps track of everything. The line item memos are great for justifying purchases. New Items can be created on the fly.

Cons

A large amount of our ordering is random one off items from places like amazon or eBay, I would like better support for these types of purchases. It would be great if we could put in tracking numbers to know when orders will come in.

Thank you for your feedback! Agree we can improve on how our system works with other systems and will share your comments with the development team. For tracking numbers we recommend using the History & Notes feature where you can post a note with a link to tracking information. Hope this helps.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very confusing!

I had an overall negative experience.

Pros

There wasn't much that I enjoyed about this software program to be quite honest.

Cons

I thought that the layout was very difficult to follow. The customer service was horrible. The software always seemed to be freezing up on me. It made easy tasks seem to take forever to accomplish.

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy using our system. We would love to learn more about how we can improve the layout and our customer service. Our system is web-based and we have not received any other reports of it freezing so would like to further discuss to see if there is anything we can do on our end to improve performance. If you are open to further discussing please let us know when/how best to reach you or contact us at support@spendwise.com or 1-855-906-3300.

The most affordable, feature-rich option out there!

Officewise has helped us take control of our spending which has helped increase profit within the first few months!

Pros

Easy to learn and use, the features we need are built-in and we didn't have to do a lot of customization!

Cons

We still need to learn how to integrate the software with some of our accounting systems - we feel that training would help. Hopefully, we are able to find some help with this. I'm not sure we have been able to reach a live human yet - but maybe we need to try a littler harder.

Thank you for your feedback. We would love to help however we can and can be reached at 1-855-906-3300 or you can send an email with your contact info to support@officewise.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

DW

Deveney W.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Gift Card $25 Spendwise is amazing

Grate.

Pros

The Efficiency i like the fact the it calculates everything.

Cons

There is nothing i would change about my Spendwise.

HW

Harold W.

Implemented this software in our company more than a year ago. Works well. Seldom any issues.

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. Good / fair cost for the system. The system is well maintained and supported. No issues for the role this system in our operation. The system is well maintained and supported.

DM

Dalton M.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

My Spendwise review

Pros

Easy to use, its pretty much point and click on how to use it.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. It runs good.

Samuel F.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Must have to track inventory

Pros

Great too to control inventory and sales. You are able to track your inventory from your phone and you can use key words to search PO's. This tool is a great way to be more organized and get rid of paper purchase orders and have everything electronically.

Cons

It would be very helpfully to be able to print multiple purchase orders at once.

Michael F.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

It's wise to use OfficeWise

Pros

- Cloud functionality allows all users to interact from anywhere - Reasonably priced

Cons

- Difficult initial learning curve - Search feature doesn't give results sometimes

Thank you for your feedback. Search feature should work as long as what you enter in the search field exactly matches text on the record you are looking for but we agree it could be improved. I am sorry to hear you found initial learning curve difficult and would love to hear how we can make it easier. I will reach out directly to further discuss.

PS

Paul S.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Purchase approvals

I just basically approve items that were purchased. So like I said before Easy, Quick and no paper to deal with.

Pros

It's easy to navigate. Can look at bills for review before submitting approval. Keeps a running inventory of items spent per department.

Cons

Not sure there is anything on my end that I don't like about the system. Easy, Quick and less paper to deal with.

MP

Morgen P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent, user-friendly software!

Officewise offers more functionality than I expected considering it's such an affordable price. The interface is simple and very user-intuitive. My entire office is able to input data and keep things organized and up to date. We use the purchase order feature the most. The product is consistent, so I have never had any error messages or glitches like I do so often with another, more expensive software we use in-house. My favorite thing about Officewise is the ability to cross categorize my searches. The only thing I'd like to see in the future, is being able to pull up data that has any part of what I enter in the search bar, rather than having to have exact searches. Thanks for offering such a great product!

Pros

The simple design and ability to use a variety of categories to search through data.

Cons

I preferred the lighter color scheme Officewise had before the most recent design update. I also need to be able to type in a partial purchase order number in the search section and have any purchase order with that info pull up in my search.

MR

Marty R.

Textiles, 501-1,000 employees

Great Experiences

We took a manual PO system that was having to hand signed and went with this and now its all electronic. Took from a 3 day time frame down to less than a couple of hours.

Pros

The point and click aspect of it along with the customizable features for our different plants. we have been able to use this over three plants with being able to customize for each.

Cons

cant run old web browsers with . Had some problem with working with older web browsers that some employees had .

Thank you for your feedback Marty! As discussed Officewise works best on newer versions of browsers but we continue to support older versions as best we can. I believe the specific issue you mention has been resolved but I will follow-up with you directly to make sure that is the case.

CH

Charles H.

OfficeWise is easy to work with and does the basics of what we need.

Pros

The software is easy to use, understand and to show others how to use. The ability to email POs with terms attached makes ordering very simple.

Cons

Some of the reporting is limited. It would be nice to generate a report that provides invoices by sales rep. Also, a report showing remaining open balance on a sales order. Some of the parameters in setting users up is limiting. I have a need for letting people view all sales orders but not be able to change them.

Thank you for your feedback Charles. We do have a report for sales orders by sales rep but currently not one for invoices by sales rep as you point out. I think that adding this report is certainly worth considering and will discuss internally to see what we can do. As for user access parameters we are planning to provide more options like what you describe within the next few months.

JK

Jennifer K.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Seamless PO system!

So far, so good! If i have an issue, it's always quickly resolved!

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is, and the fact that it's all done online.

Cons

Some things are hard to find and do. This is just because I haven't had the time to sit and really look deeper into its functionality though.

Thank you for your feedback Jennifer! Happy to hear that you find our software to be user friendly. If there is anything we can do to help make things easier to find and do please let us know as we are always working to improve.

MD

Meredith D.

Overall, Officewise is easy to use and a helps keep our purchase orders organized for 23 locations!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy keyword searches on past purchase orders. You can copy previous purchase orders and resubmit with minor changes, so it makes PO entry quick. You can give everyone in a department access to see past PO's of other

Cons

We have had trouble with the approval process. You can select multiple approvers in the PO, but rather than going to the next approver, our POs will go back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves.

Thank you for your feedback Meredith! Not sure why PO would be going back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves. Will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

GW

Gary W.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Using it daily

Items should be able to be changed like deleting that aren't being used and being able to change non invorty to invorty item

Pros

I can use it on my phone. Invorty can be tracked when used right

Cons

Not being able to delete items that were used or Duplicates

Thank you for your feedback Gary. If an item is not used in any transactions you should be able to delete and if it is used in a transaction you can make it inactive so it no longer shows up in dropdowns etc. Allowing users the ability to change items from non-inventory is something we have considered in the past and will revisit based on feedback from you and others. I agree we need a mobile app and we have plans for this. I like your idea about different pricing on items and will follow-up with you to further discuss.

LB

Lisa B.

Design, 1-10 employees

OfficeWise

We Love Love Love OfficeWise. We mostly use it to keep track of orders. As a busy Design Firm we need all the help we can get keeping track of furniture orders, cabinets, tile and everything we order for a project. The report system allows us to to do a print out and mark it with expected ship dates and helps us to track what is on order for several projects at once. Best money we ever spent!

Pros

Similar to quickbooks, so if you use quickbooks you can automatically use this easily.

SM

Susan M.

I was new to Officewise and had very little training. In no time I was up and running!

I can track the expense and purchases for each location

Pros

Very easy to use and negotiate your way around the software. I also like being able to customize the dashboard.

Cons

You can not print a detailed PO from your dashboard once it is approved. You have to go to Home then Purchase Orders, search for the PO then print them. Wish there was a quicker way to do this.

Thank you for your feedback Susan! Once a PO is approved you should be able to click on a link in the approval notification that will take you directly to the approved PO where you can print it. From the list of POs you can also set filters to see only those purchase orders where you are the requisitioner which may make it easier to find POs. I will follow-up with you to further discuss these solutions and how we can improve.

KK

Kolby K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Overall its fine but i dislike having to use so many different pieces of software.

Pros

Office wise is easy to use and fairly intuitive for the most part. the page is smooth and rarely gets hung up or has timeout issues.

Cons

The PO can be a little glitchy when adding multiple line items at the same time, it creates a weird overlap on the job number field.

Thank you for your feedback Kolby! We have not been able to replicate the issue you mention on our end and have not received any other reports of this issue so it might have something to do with the settings on your computer. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and help resolve.

GF

Glen F.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Great, easy to use & affordable

Love the software. Version 2.0 is awesome. Just wish it have the ability to do quote versions & track cost inside of a quote without having to create an inventory item.

Pros

Easy to use, many many features

Cons

Can't revision quotes without losing old quote. Wish I could put costs in quote for my own tracking.

Thank you for your feedback Glen! I have some ideas about how to revise and track versions of quotes as well as track cost without having to create an inventory item. Also would like to better understand the issue to see how we can improve going forward. Will reach out to you to further discuss.

TD

TYLER D.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

great

Pros

I like how it self generates pos, emails orders, tracks everything very nicely, very user friendly!!

Cons

I really cant think of a con other than when you email someone they can't reply back to you unless they have your email. when they reply to the order it goes to officewise email account.

Thank you for your feedback Tyler! We recently updated the system so that if you reply to an email received through the system it will always go back to the person who first sent it instead of to an Officewise email account.

TH

Tim H.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

This is great software for the price easy to use and maintain

It helps me do my job

Pros

It is very detailed for the price you can do just about anything you need to do to keep your business running smooth

Cons

I would like to be about to have more ability to customize some things but other that that is great.

Thank you for your review Tim! We are currently working on some upgrades that will give you more freedom to customize forms and other aspects of the system. I expect that these upgrades will be released within the next month or so and will notify you when they are available.

DH

Daniel H.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Budget Friendly

Great for any business with a budget of any amount

Pros

It helps get the business a great way to look at the budget in a new way and a lot easier than you think.

Cons

None and it helps with the stress and frustration of budgeting for any small business in town too as well.

LC

Louvinia C.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Spendwise

Pros

The purchase order tracking is our most used feature in Spendwise.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. We use the purchase order feature

KC

Kathy C.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

User friendly

An excellent purchasing approval method. The software creates a great way to monitor purchasing.

Pros

The fact that it is very user friendly and supports what we need to capture purchasing and approvals for those purchases. Having the ability to download actual copies of the invoice is a plus, because it allows the approver to make a conscious decision in making an approval.