Spendwise Logo

Spendwise

Spend management software for business

Spendwise Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.86/10

Reviews by rating

I love how simple this software is to set up and to use. Customer service was great aw well which is always a great feature.
I like that it's really affordable. It's also intuitive, and with time, it becomes a great time saver when it comes to managing finances.
There was no training on the changes to the software. It was difficult to determine where items needed to go.

Caleb O.

Consumer Services,

This software is the best for making quick and easy purchase orders

Its nice to be able to reference each PO just by looking it up in the search box by the PO number

Pros

Office wise is able to save product titles and price to quickly fill out the po and send it out. I like that it is fast and easy to use. You are even able to email right from the PO.

Cons

I don't like that there is a new area that has to be set of what folder you would like to have it in after it mailed out. That slows down the process.

Thank you for your review Caleb! Not sure what you mean by setting folder you would like to have PO in after it is mailed out. If you are referring to approval folders (i.e. Inbox, Not-submitted, Rejected, Pending) the system should assign automatically depending on the approval status of the PO. I will follow-up with you to make sure I understand and help resolve.

AE

Anna E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Good software that we don't utilize enough!

My company mainly uses your software as a PO creation tool. I know that you have a lot of reporting and accounting tools and other tools that we don't use that we definitely could/should. The software works well for us to simply create POs with easy fill-in-the blanks for saved company names and information so multiple people can use it as an address book, essentially. We then have a record that shows...

Pros

Pretty straightforward and clean

Cons

Could use more tutorials

Thank you for your feedback Anna! We would love for you guys to use Officewise for all of your accounting needs and think that you would like it much better than QuickBooks but we might be a little bias:). That said we have many customers who use our system along with QuickBooks like you do which is just fine too. I agree with your point about having more tutorials and other support tools, we are currently working on these things and will make them available within the next few months.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very confusing!

I had an overall negative experience.

Pros

There wasn't much that I enjoyed about this software program to be quite honest.

Cons

I thought that the layout was very difficult to follow. The customer service was horrible. The software always seemed to be freezing up on me. It made easy tasks seem to take forever to accomplish.

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy using our system. We would love to learn more about how we can improve the layout and our customer service. Our system is web-based and we have not received any other reports of it freezing so would like to further discuss to see if there is anything we can do on our end to improve performance. If you are open to further discussing please let us know when/how best to reach you or contact us at support@spendwise.com or 1-855-906-3300.

Daphne T.

It's easy to find what you need and to submit POs.

it's an easy way to keep track of POs and I can go back and research or find POs and re-print or mark as received.

Pros

the ease of use and the ability to copy POs. I love that I can copy POs that I make to the same vendor and though I need to edit it, it is much easier than starting a new PO.

Cons

that if I am in my inbox, I have to go to 2 screens in order to access POs, I wish I was able to access POs on the sidebar, but I can only get to other boxes in my inbox (submitted, rejected, pending, etc)

Thank you for your feedback Daphne! I see what you are saying about 2 clicks to get from your inbox to list of POs and will discuss internally to see what we can do about making it one click.

The most affordable, feature-rich option out there!

Officewise has helped us take control of our spending which has helped increase profit within the first few months!

Pros

Easy to learn and use, the features we need are built-in and we didn't have to do a lot of customization!

Cons

We still need to learn how to integrate the software with some of our accounting systems - we feel that training would help. Hopefully, we are able to find some help with this. I'm not sure we have been able to reach a live human yet - but maybe we need to try a littler harder.

Thank you for your feedback. We would love to help however we can and can be reached at 1-855-906-3300 or you can send an email with your contact info to support@officewise.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Just the right fit for our business and it's needs

Searchability, muti-user, traceability, cost tracking, easy access, printable, emailable, remote access

Pros

Readily searchable, multi-user platform that serves our small 27 person well. We track all our requisitions and purchases for raw materials, detail parts and lab-ware that are procured daily from over 30 suppliers around the globe.

HW

Harold W.

Implemented this software in our company more than a year ago. Works well. Seldom any issues.

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. Good / fair cost for the system. The system is well maintained and supported. No issues for the role this system in our operation. The system is well maintained and supported.

Mohit G.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

System Analyst

Organized and easy to use software platform.Easy, quick and ideal for small companies.

Pros

Very simple design and ability to use a variety of categories to search through data.

Cons

Duplicate items not able to delete and manual system could take day.

Thank you for your feedback. The system disallows users from creating more than one item with the same Item ID to prevent duplication, however, if you add the same item using a different Item ID duplication is possible. If you need to delete an item you can as long as you have not used the item in a saved transaction. If you want to remove an item that has been used in a saved transaction we recommend marking the item "Inactive" in the item record. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss.

Michael F.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

It's wise to use OfficeWise

Pros

- Cloud functionality allows all users to interact from anywhere - Reasonably priced

Cons

- Difficult initial learning curve - Search feature doesn't give results sometimes

Thank you for your feedback. Search feature should work as long as what you enter in the search field exactly matches text on the record you are looking for but we agree it could be improved. I am sorry to hear you found initial learning curve difficult and would love to hear how we can make it easier. I will reach out directly to further discuss.

Emeka O.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

This is a great accounting and financing software for businesses.

Pros

Cons

I don't really have an issue with this software that stands out as a con.

RW

Robin W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

The software was recently changed. I believe the initial software used was much more user-friendly.

We now have a paperless process in executing POs. The process is now more efficient, we maintain a history on our purchases and the time saved is better served on other projects.

Pros

The software allows a paperless and more efficient process in ordering items. The approval hierarchy is great.

Cons

Some changes to the website adds some difficulty in maneuvering through to find other pages. Example, I had to edit the authorization of a new hire and it took me a while to find where that section was moved to.

Thank you for your feedback. As mentioned we did make some changes to the user interface of our system a few months ago which we believe will make it better going forward. We understand and appreciate that it can take some time for existing users to get use to the changes and apologize for any inconvenience. We are not planning to make any other significant changes to the user interface and hope that the new help center we launched along with the changes makes it easier to adapt to the new user interface.

LL

Lisa L.

Generally good

Pros

The software provides inventory control, sales, and purchasing tools all in one easy to use application that is not overly priced.

Cons

The inability to modify inventory type (inventory vs non-inventory) after creation. It would be a major improvement to allow you to change the type instead of having to create a new item.

Thank you for your feedback Lisa. I understand your point about allowing users to modify type so that you don't have to create a new item if you want to change. The tricky part is what to do with past transactions since they would have been handled in the system based on type when they were recorded. We think it is important to be consistent with how different types of transactions are handled in the system but also feel it is important to maintain the integrity of historical data. That said we are always open to new ideas on how we can improve the system and I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss.

SM

Scott M.

Textiles, 51-200 employees

huge improvement over our previous manual system

better order efficiency

Pros

1) approval process is now instantaneous. Previous manual system could take days. 2) I like the ability to search part numbers for repeat orders by part name or supplier.

Cons

does not provide system to maintain consistent part name / number so each user conforms to common system - which leads to duplicates

Thank you for your feedback Scott. To reduce the risk of duplication the system does prevent users from creating new items that have the same Item ID as an existing item but we understand sometimes that is not enough to prevent duplication. To further reduce risk and maintain consistency in part name/number we recommend limiting which users can add new parts through roles so that only certain authorized users can add new items. I will follow-up with you directly to show you how this can be done.

JK

Jim K.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

So far its been useful

Pros

The ease of creating purchase and sales orders. Also like tracking the sales orders/purchase orders and to get a history.

Cons

It can be slow but can't tell if its the software or our network. I am not able to track by project. If we do samples orders for various projects I am unable to look up by a project to see what sample requests are being worked under a specific project.

Thank you for your feedback Jim! We have not received any other reports of our site being slow and we closely monitor performance metrics to make sure it is working fast so there might be an issue with your computer or network. That said we are constantly trying to improve the performance of our site so I will follow-up to see what else we can do to speed things up on our end. For project tracking I recommend using "Tags" or creating a custom field on the order form and will follow-up with you to show you how this can be done.

Carlos P.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Easy to use platform on a day to day basis.

Easy PO creation and tracking.

Pros

Search function is great to find other users PO's. The interface is very well done and easy to find what you need.

Cons

Certain restrictions at specif user levels are not customizable. The approval process could be improved on.

Thank you for your review Carlos! We are always looking for ways to improve Officewise and appreciate your feedback. I will follow-up with you directly to see what we can do to improve user access customizations and the approval process.

KW

Ken W.

Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees

This software is web-based, easy to use and intuitive.

Not having to use a hard-copy system.

Pros

I can attach receipts, packing slips, RFQs, etc. directly to the Purchase Order and not have to worry about lost documents. All the information is there for anyone that needs immediate access without hassle.

Cons

The search features could use a little improvement. It would be nice to be able to search on just a wildcard but does not.

HR

Heather R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great product

Pros

The software is easy to use and the approval process is very easy. Being able to see the status of PO's is also very nice

Cons

There are two lines for entering expenses which seems redundant. It would be nice to only have one line for each expense

Thank you for your review! There should only be one line for entering expenses followed by optional accounting detail fields below which you can hide if you want. I will follow-up with you directly to make sure I understand your feedback and show you how to hide accounting detail fields and otherwise discuss how we can improve.

JW

Jann W.

Design, 51-200 employees

The program has definitely made the procurement work so much easier for all of us that use it. Love

It's so much easier to use then the system we were using before. It saves so much time.

Pros

Its is extremely easy to use and understand. The screens are clear, clean and very simple to use. Login is very simple

Cons

Would like the complete list of PO's to come up so I don't have to scroll through long list. I can't think of another

Thank you for your feedback Jann! The complete list of PO's should come up when you are on the purchase order list page. Not sure why this is not happening for you but I will follow-up directly to help resolve.

RC

REBECA C.

Construction, 51-200 employees

CD BUILDERS INC

The softwave have been an excellent source for our company and very friendly for users. Service is quickly.

Pros

The easiest way to access what you need.

Cons

Everybody can do changes to people. I would prefer more control.

Thank you for your feedback Rebeca! You should be able to limit who can make changes to people through user roles. I will follow-up with you to further discuss and resolve.

SA

Steve A.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

It has helped to streamline our purchasing approval process.

A More organized PO approval process.

Pros

The email notifications are nice because it is an easy for me to know when an approval is needed from me.

Cons

I would like for the PO's to show the current spend on a project along with the current budget for a project so that I can make sure we are spending within our project budgets.

Thank you for your feedback! For budget management we recommend using "Groups" for tracking spending on projects which will allow you to run budget to actual reports for the project and set over budget alerts that warn you if you are going over budget. I will follow-up with you directly to show you how these features work and further discuss how we can improve the system.

LF

LaDon F.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Every Busy Manager Should Have It!!

One of the best things I have ever done concerning purchasing, etc. The fact that I can access it anywhere on-line makes it an incredible product, especially when a small business manager has to multi-task and take care of equipment ordering needs on the spot. My IPhone has grown very accustom to making transactions on the fly!! Response to questions from customer support has been very personable and quick!!

Pros

Easy and accessible from anywhere!!!!

Cons

Email feature that remembers everything!!!

SW

Samantha W.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Great Product, Excellent Customer Service

Our company has been utilizing OfficeWise for many years now & has seen it through many updates & improvements. The staff is very helpful & has always been up for making client-suggested tweaks when able. We appreciate this product!

Pros

Ease of use--even in a mobile capacity.

Cons

N/A

WM

Will M.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Purchase Order Program Success Using OfficeWise

We use Officewise daily for purchase order management and vendor interaction. The old process was slow and it required many steps, with Officewise we took our purchasing department from 4 to 1 staff member because of the ease of use, speed and overall management efficiencies we gained. Officewise has saved us money!!!!

Pros

ease of use

Cons

some of the reporting

JC

Jill C.

51-200 employees

Officewise for purchase orders

We started using Officewise (formerly known as Alatus) to manage our purchase orders. It was very easy to use, got the job done and intuitive to use. It was one of only a few choices of a basic product where we do not have to invest in something more than what we needed. We are happy with it and the enhancements made have made it even easier and more complete.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to start using right away

Cons

If there were some very simplistic instructions or tips that would have helped with set up. We setup before many of the upgrades were made and we could not take advantage of budgets because of how we setup the purchase orders.

DR

Danielle R.

Printing, self-employed

Officewise Review

It was awesome that I was able to easily create invoices and quotes online for my business. Easy to use and great communication from the representative. Thanks!

Pros

Many options to choose from. Able to download a PDF of the invoice or send an email directly. Client information is saved and easily accessible.

Cons

Does not have an option to apply a discount

Thank you for your feedback Danielle! To apply a discount we recommend adding an item for discounts in your item list and then selecting it in your invoices or quotes as needed. Will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and see how we can improve.