All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tool Tracking System Reviews

Pros

The software is easy to learn, the reports to track maintenance are awesome this software is easy to use great value for the price.

Gary T.

Susan K.

Read the full review
Locations and have it designed for our needs. The support that comes with the software is amazing and were always handy to help with our needs.

Jennifer A.

Read the full review

Cons

It is difficult to use the device. Many users were very frustrated.

Brian B.

Read the full review
Have not come across anything I dislike about the software.

Clara V.

Barbara S.

4.5

Does what it is supposed to do!

We are still relatively new to TTS. However, the support that we have received from Gigatrak has been phenomenal. Sales support has been great, deployment support has been great, and general support has been great. Their website has a great knowledge base, contains apply defined and specific videos which can be used as reference materials when looking on how to do something.

Pros

Step by step deployment and delivery. The software interface is well done. Logically placing things under the right menus. Very easy to check in/check out and place those items into warehouses , if needed.

Cons

The concept of 'bin'ning an item gets some getting used to. However, this is the type of option we needed. We have trailors and on those trailors are dozens of items that are sent out to various sites for training purposes.

Michael, thanks for your feedback. We would like any feedback you may have on how we make GigaTrak an even better fit. Thanks!

Super organized software!!

We started out with ATS software and then as our need progressed into the need of tracking tools, we comfortably transitioned into the use of this software. It worked great company wide. We were able to keep Electrical and Construction tools separated with in the organization.

Pros

It was very user friendly, I liked the ability to make different categories. locations and have it designed for our needs. The support that comes with the software is amazing and were always handy to help with our needs.

Cons

Nothing

Not intuitive

Still trying to deploy the system after having it for 4 months - thought it would be fully operational by now. Parts of the system is hard to understand - there has to be a master set up which should be able to be turned off if there is only one location. Projects should not need to be assigned bar codes - should be able to use initials since people in the field will not have a sheet for project bar codes.

Pros

Uploading a photo of the tool is easy so long as you have the bar code of the tool.

Cons

It is not user friendly for a small company to implement and use.

GigaTrak Tool Tracking

We have enjoyed using GigaTrak to track our tools. This helps keep us organized as a company.

Pros

Integrating GigaTrak into our processes was painless and easy. It is very helpful to be able to track who our tools are checked out to. We have had a lot less lost tools because of this software!

Cons

I would not consider anything a con with GigaTrak.

Kylie, thanks for your feedback. We always put our customers first. Ease of use and helping companies get up and running is paramount. We add features and make changes to our solutions based on hearing from customer like you. Thanks!

We love our tool tracking system!!!

We now have the ability to look and see in a couple moments, what tools are out for repair, what's checked out and the value to each employee, and can recover funds for lost or non-returned items. Plus keep order upon items reaching a certain bin point.

Pros

We have the ability to print any records at any point in time. The system is very user friendly and training to use this system has been a simple process. As a company we have decided to use this system for all fields of work. Not just the test areas (3 toolrooms).

Cons

Process time to receive ink for the Data Card printer that we ordered. Besides that the system seems to be running great.

GigaTrak Review

We have used GigaTrak to better keep track of where our tools are. What jobs they are at, what employee has them, etc.

Pros

The ease of checking in and out tools. We can use the computer software or the scanner. I also like that I can use the app on my phone

Cons

Generating reports could be better. You should be able to sort the results alphabetically rather than just by number. You should also be able to automatically send emails to multiple addresses when sending out reports.

John, Thank you for the feedback and the review. We are in the process this year of updating reporting options and adding emailing capabilities. Please let me know if I can contact you to get more information on how you would like these functions to work.

Great Inventory Software at a Reasonable Price

Pros

The software provides us the ability to use barcode labels to keep track of our inventory which is almost exclusively IT equipment (I'm an IT Operations Manager). We were starting from scratch since the previous Director of IT and Ops Manager didn't do any kind of inventory management. GigaTrak made it a simple process to import spreadsheets into the program and then print labels for each item.

Cons

The interface could use updating, but other than that, it's great!

Neat and functional, but clumsy in some areas.

I have been able to use this for what it was meant for, but overall I am doing the work and not the others, due to their frustrations in using the device.

Pros

I think the reports are very useful. I can bring up important information within seconds

Cons

I think it would be good if you could transfer a tool from job to job, rather than having to check in, then check out again. It is difficult to use the device. Many users were very frustrated

Everything you need, and more!

Gigatrak's asset management system is by far the best asset tracking system we have used, or even seen, in a very long time. Although there are some "competitors" that can offer similar functions and features, NO ONE was able to beat their pricing and support team(On average, we are saving $9,000 - yearly). I would recommend ANY type of business looking for an asset management/tracking system to look into Gigatrak FIRST, and see how the competition DOESN'T match up.

Pros

- Huge range of functions and features - Wide range of different reporting options - VERY, VERY good pricing compared to other tools.

Cons

- Mainly, this is our fault as a company, and being very "out dated" in our previous Asset Tracking System (paper based system.. in binders/books -_- ) - but having to manually enter each item does take up a good bit of time.

Exactly what we were looking for

Customer service was outstanding. Responses within an hour of sending & never made me feel dumb for not being the best with computers.

Pros

Simple to use. Looked at 5 different asset tracking companies. Only 1 with simple functions and not a lot of extras that I don't need and don't want to pay for.

Gigatrak Review

Overall, I feel this system has improved the tracking of tools issued to trucks and the tracking of repairs and service made for each tool!

Pros

Tracking the repairs for each tool is essential for our business in order to control costs and keep track of budget issues.

Cons

I would like to have a daily issue report along with the below reorder point report. I would also like a report for inventory received. Last but not least, I would like the ability to return consumable items from employees. Currently I can only change the quantity.

GigaTrack purchase feed back

When looking into software for handling tracking of our equipment, this one seemed to be the best for our needs. Everyone at GigaTrak has been awesome to us when we got "stuck" or couldn't figure something out. They always walked through everything. I would highly recommend this software for anyone that keeps track of equipment and/or supplies.

Pros

User Friendly

Cons

The only con that I have come across it the search feature(s). I wish there were different ways to search. I have found that it has to be exact or it will not find something, like barcode or description, etc....

Awesome!

Pros

Gigatrak has proved to be very helpful in tracking and locating our tools. It’s so nice to finally have a system that shows everything we have in our inventory. It’s so easy to use and learn. The support team is wonderful, they have been there to help me with every question I had.

Cons

My only concern about the system is that you cannot duplicate barcodes.

The best customer service and tool tracking software!

I just started at a new company, and they hired me to organize and set-up a tool tracking program to keep track of tool and assets. I did my research and kept coming back to Gigatrak. I finally pick up the phone and called to inquire. My contact person was Christie Bemis, a customer service rep. I can not tell you how please I was to speak to her about what I was looking for in a tool tracking program. Christie was amazing, she answered every question and followed up with me to make sure I happy with ordering the right tool tracking software for the company.

Pros

This software is user-friendly. Easy to navigate and no CD's to install.

Cons

Not sure? Have not come across anything I dislike about the software.

Great software

It help reduce the cost of tools that are tracked now compare to log sheets and gives a better instant report that is required sometimes.

Pros

Pricing, Support, Ease of use, The ability to import data and also to export makes a transition very easy. The option to run the software locally or use it with cloud service.

Cons

Use a window base scanner if use locally but change to Android base and needs a new scanner after upgrade to cloud service.

Thanks for being such a great customer Mario! With Microsoft removing themselves from the "barcode industry" the shift has gone to Android industrial units. Unfortunately, Windows Mobile operating systems are not compatible with our cloud-based system. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with!

More user friendly than other programs

More accuracy in tracking our inventory.

Pros

Program layout and ease of use. Quick response for data entry.

Cons

No ability to have tool rental pricing and to cap cost tools.

Tool tracking made easy, even for a School District

Pros

Very easy to use with a friendly interface. All other companies we looked in to are pushing Cloud and we didn't want a subscription service. I like that they offer both options and dont push to Cloud. I also like their customer service since the purchase. They didnt just write me off once they had our money. I get same day answers to my questions and they are all very professional and nice. The software does everything we need it to without having a crazy amount of extra featured we dont need.

Cons

Wish it had a rentals module. We need to track daily and monthly rental rates. Right now we are using a custom report built for us that gets the job done.

Pros

To have tool tracking all in one place.

Cons

We have to reset the app on the cell phone we use quite often.

Abigail, thanks for the review! We are glad things are going well but want to help with the App reset issue you are having. Please contact me directly or support@gigatrak.com so we can get this resolved for M3!

Tool Track review

customer assistance has been great and helpful. doing a the basic tool tracking is simple.

Pros

easy barcode tracking/ checking tools in and out

Cons

all the steps to set up tools/locations - to many options that aren't needed and scanner is more complicated than should be (time consuming)

one of the best tools for tracking assets

Pros

Cons

I really have no complaints with the software

Simple and Easy to Use

Our company was just using an Excel spreadsheet before we started our search for a barcode system. After researching several companies and demos of different products, we like GigaTrak the best not only for ease of use but also the price. They do not charge per asset like many others do. We really like their staff. They are completely US based, super friendly, and have the kind of customer service that all companies should strive for.

Pros

The support from the staff.

Cons

N/A

Basic tool tracking

Basic tracking software, good price.

Pros

Easy to use, you can track the tool history, good customer service and support. Cost is good for the value.

Cons

The interface is quite old and basic. Unable to customize it. It's hard to set up printing options.

GigaTrak TTS

Good entry level product for tracking tools and inventory. Fairly simple to understand and use. The cloud version could be a little more MS Office friendly. Reports are stuck in PDF format but a future release of this software contains features that allow more flexibility. Otherwise performance is spot on. They do have exceptional customer support. Christie and Nicci have been there every step of the way to help quickly resolve issues. Overall a good value for the money.

Pros

Speed, Ease of Use, Support Team

Cons

No MS Office Interface with Cloud Version.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT / EXCELLENT VALUE

We have used this product for 6 years now and our tool inventory remains over 99.7% accurate. Set-up was easy and the customer support remains exceptional AND accessible. After an exhaustive search I found GigaTrak to have everything we needed without unnecessary features that add no value. I have found no bugs and the occasional update is to actually enhance the product not fix it! It's made my job much easier and keeping track of tools much less time consuming . In short, after 6 years, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Works for us

Pros

The detail of information that it tracks and it cloud based

Cons

A scanner that requires an android phone to setup

Patrick, thanks for your feedback. Ease of use and helping companies get up and running is most important. We would like any feedback you may have on how we could help get scanners setup easier. Thanks!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.