Norton AntiVirus Logo

Norton AntiVirus

Antivirus and online identity protection software

Norton AntiVirus Reviews

User ratings

4.4

4.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.12/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

My laptop is running perfectly well and strong thanks to this software and I am so grateful for it exisiting.
Over all, this program is great and serves top tier service for their customers. I love using this application.
Overall experience over a year is very good. One of the best features of Norton Antivirus is its easy to use and intelligent user experience.
Nothing stands out as being overly bad about Norton. At a push, I would say that there are perhaps too many notifications which can get quite annoying.
It was terrible, it took about 5 minutes to install and 3 days to get rid of all the bad effects it caused on our network. Also we were not able to get our money back even after 3 days.
It takes a long time to run the scan and it will try to interrupt me to scan at inconvenient times.

Norton AntiVirus users...

Malwarebytes for Business

McAfee Network Security Platform-logocaret
+ 2

McAfee Network Security Platform

How would you rate Norton AntiVirus?

4,298 reviews

Brittany S.

Property Manager

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Norton Security Reveiw

Transcript

Brittany S.: Hi, my name is Brittany. I am a PR coordinator. I would give Norton Antivirus a rating of...

Easy to use however there are hiccups

Transcript

Valerie: My name is Valerie. I am a biologist and I give Norton AntiVirus a four out of five rating....

3+ year user, never fails

9/10, has been working smoothly. This combined with Ccleaner is good enough to ensure that there are no malware, spyware or viruses resident

Pros

Simple user interface, light loading software especially for mobile version. Easy to customize

Cons

Notifications can be "Stubborn" at times. No challenges otherwise

This one is pretty good and feature packed.

Pros

The VPN feature was most noteworthy. And also the fact that I could allow specific folders pretty easily, plus I could disable certain notification permanently. Though some notification was not possible to remove. But still decent compared to alternatives. The VPN was unlimited in my purchase and it served it's purpose pretty well and was quite performant and accurate whenever used.

Cons

I did not like the activation method of the software. It was not user friendly and required a tutorial basically which was followed by new team members eventually as almost no one could activate it without knowing the tutorial. So I think the activation process would be very unappealing for the non tech savy individuals.

Want to experience frustration that drives you to madness? Use Norton!

No benefits. It's terrible and I'm glad I removed it from my machine.

Pros

Honestly, this program has left such a bad taste in my mouth I can't even think of anything positive to say about it. It's simple. I guess that is a plus. It's not in and of itself a complicated program to use. It's frustrating because it doesn't work very well and it pops up with nonsense constantly. I'd rather have a virus than deal with Norton.

Cons

The constant bothersome pop-ups. Every few seconds it pops up with some kind of unimportant warning. And I'm not saying that it was constantly finding viruses. That would be the way the program is supposed to work. That would be useful. Instead, it is just an annoying time waste, popping up so it looks like it's doing something. You're supposed to think "oh look at all the stuff it's doing. What a great program!" No. Wrong. It is very irritating. And then sometimes you actually WILL get a real virus and Norton won't even catch it. Seriously, I wouldn't even call this program an antivirus.. it's just an annoying pop-up machine that does nothing.

Trustworthy cyber-security software that ticks all the boxes.

Overall, I'm very happy with Norton. I've never had any problems with it, apart from the crypto mining resource hog.

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate and belies the power behind the software. There are 6 main areas of protection: device security, dark web monitoring, a VPN, cloud backup, parental controls and a password manager. Most of the security functions you need in, one app.

Cons

Norton Crypto. It's a waste of my resources to be honest.

My Norton antivirus review

It has been very helpful in preventing ransomware attacks on my files and stores them in the Cloud. I can easily retrieve them for use whenever I want. Also, it takes up lesser space for installation when compared to some other Antivirus softwares. That being said, Norton Antivirus for me remains the best I have used as it gives me value for money spent

Pros

I like mostly that it regularly and consistently updates its malware directory, which makes it identify more recent malwares. It's features are user friendly which makes it very adaptable for use in my office

Cons

The desktop app is a bit old fashioned and not stylish. Also, would love if the scanning speed i improved upon so as to effectively detect all malwares.

Antivirus Software - Norton Antivirus

By and large Norton is an unquestionably helpful and trustable antivirus on the lookout and has a set of experiences in work area and web security. I like to prescribe it to anybody who telecommutes with an individual PC, it assists you with saving your documents from dangers.

Pros

Norton is a totally perfect to-apply software program that gives numerous capacities and choices. Antivirus is incorporated, and your security is consistently cutting-edge.

Cons

Some pop-ups might be unpleasant with inside the extensive run. Once in a while it tends to be confounding in light of the fact that there are one or two projects that are utilized for various things.

Solid performing antivirus software.

The software is inexpensive and it does every task that it claims it can do very effectively.

Pros

The software is very proactive on the internet in terms of scanning sites before you access them fully or head to parts that contain software whose sources are unrecognized.

Cons

The security exemptions take a very long time to register even on familiar sites.

Norton anti virus: Secure and protect your computer with the best

Satisfactory and reliable

Pros

Its reliability when it comes to 360 computer security, privacy and protection.

Cons

Well, very slow when conducting first initial system scan and also very laggy on older machines because it demands more system resources. Hence, best suited for newer computers.

Norton is computer parent !

I had a good experience with Norton Antivirus.

Pros

Norton is just wow! Norton just wipes the bad guys away from my computer just how my parents erase bad people from my life! I love it

Cons

Cons.. I feel like there is none. Everything is fantastic including the software UI.

Secure the personal data using Norton Antivirus

Pros

1. Most secured browser i have ever used 2. Attractive user interface 3. Provide 1 month trial support 4. Protection from fishing attacks 5. Secure browser and Secure Vpn is provided too

Cons

1. Expensive than other antivirus in market 2. Lots of renew pop ups irritates the user experience . 3. Difficult to reach to customer care if any error regarding license key occurs 4. Sometimes Blocks useful pages and apps too.

One of the best internet-based security Programs.

My overall experience with Norton has been worth the money because it is ,in my opinion the best malwear protection out there and I have tried a few and this one has never dissapointed me.It has bundled all of the security tools you need into one program.I feel that it cost more than others,but It is worth the price for piece of mind, knowing that you are protected gives you more freedom to explore the world of the internet and with the silent updates it ensures you have the lastest protection.

Pros

Norton has a lot more extra features than other competing antivirus companies,Its has a powerful malware engine and a large range of internet security tools.They have an advanced updated malware to identify malware like Ransomeware and Cyrptojacker. It is top notch with little to no slowdown.It is one of the most user friendly options with VPN. password manager and identity protection.When it comes to your security.It covers a wide range of protection for all your Windows,Mac,Androids as well as any IOS device you have.Nortons has online back ups,firewall,protection from spyware and phishing.They also includecloud data allowance and a 100% protection with a promise for a full refund if the infections cannot be removed.

Cons

Disadvantage to Nortons antivirus is its more expensive than it's competiters,is it only covers viruses,unless you sign up and pay for the firewalls and you have to remember that your disk drive is getting used and can wear down because it is running all the time and the amount of RAM which can cause other programs to slow down.I have found the time it takes to do a complete scan the first time can be very long and if you are new to technology,this can be frustrating.another downside can be uninstalling,If you attempt to remove Norton Antivirus,the uninstallation process proves to be difficult because it leaves traces of the program and continues to linger on the hard drive,this is where their competitors are ahead.

Norton AntiVirus: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Norton AntiVirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs on the market. But it's not without its flaws. For starters, it's a resource hog. It can slow down your computer, especially if you have a lot of programs running in the background. And it doesn't always play well with other programs. Additionally, Norton's customer service is notoriously bad. So if you run into any problems, good luck getting help from them. In conclusion, while Norton AntiVirus has some great features, it also has some significant cons that make it less desirable than some alternatives. There are other options available that do just as good a job at detecting viruses, but don't bog down your system or have such bad customer service. Check out these pros and cons for Avast.

Pros

Norton AntiVirus is one of the oldest, most popular security software suites on the market. It’s definitely earned its reputation over the years, but it’s not perfect. In fact, it has several drawbacks that users need to be aware of before they install it on their computers. The good news? There are ways to work around those shortcomings and make Norton more effective than ever before. Norton AntiVirus...

Cons

Let's start with the bad. Norton antivirus is a resource hog. It can slow down your computer, even if you have a fast processor and plenty of RAM. And if you have an older computer, it can grind it to a halt. It also has a tendency to flag legitimate programs as malware. This false positive issue has gotten better over the years, but it's still something to be aware of. Additionally, Norton's tech...

Get an overview of Norton Antivirus

With norton, we have been able to mix and match programs from the same family by combining the programs to save money instead of buying several different programs, which means that AntiVirus Corporate Edition is compatible with other Internet security programs from other editions. from the same family. The benefits obtained by using Norton are: high protection against online fraud and pirates who are always watching our activities. A high level of maintenance of this product Constant offer of new versions for clients (renewal and update). It is always updating. This is very good for protecting computers and therefore customers against persistent threats from hackers.

Pros

Protects our computer, tablet and smartphone against viruses, malware and many other malicious virus attacks automatically. There is also a component of the Norton antivirus that protects our privacy and our online confidence. I consider this to be a very good feature. Norton antivirus is very easy to use. You don't need to be a computer expert to use this product for your protection. Regarding the integration, I can say yes, it was very easy. All you have to do is download the antivirus, install it and everything works perfectly.

Cons

One of the weak points of Norton antivirus is that sometimes it takes a long time to open the program. uYou can be in a hurry, and it takes you a few minutes to start. That doesn't always happen, but it happens many times. Many users who are using the software report this slowness. For me, there is no difficult aspect to manage. Integrating software like Norton is not difficult, at least for me. It's going to depend on the type of Norton you use.

Global virus pandemic! Is Norton Antivirus the cure?

A top-tier product that deserves the praises that it receives! To sum it up in one word, PERFECT! Go on, protect your valuable informatiom from a world riddled by viruses-Norton Antivirus.

Pros

The word "Virus" is a common one used regularly these days. We all have experienced a life changing , sudden attack of a virus that has left us in deep despair. Fortunately, in our commercial lives, Norton Antivirus has come to the rescue. It is possibly one of the most user- friendly, comprehesively secure and well laid out antivirus software available at a an affordable price. There are number of...

Cons

The high usage of RAM may cause programmes to slow down sometimes. Customer support needs to step up!

Norton AntiVirus Usability Review

Overall experience is that I'm happy with the service/product as it works perfectly well in detecting and eliminating viruses.

Pros

We constantly scan any files that we download as a business. We trust the Norton brand because we take security seriously. I trust and download products online because I know that the downloads are virus-free. It is easy to navigate the tool, and all viruses are easily detected and eliminated. The Norton AntiVirus was easy to set up and use. I feel safe when I download any type of content. Whenever I download something, I get a notification letting me know it's been scanned and is safe. I downloaded the free trial and was really happy with how quickly I got my account set up and started using it. It would have taken me hours to try to find these files on my own, now it's easy.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit complex to use as there is no manual to navigate the program, for less tech-savvy people it may be a hindrance. The customer service for this product is not worth the renewal. I had a terrible time with the customer service rep who did not speak English, and when I asked for a supervisor he denied me. It takes a long time to setup, and so requires some patience to complete installation.

Norton Antivirus works perfectly 100/100

I can attest to my experience with Norton Antivirus, which has been very satisfactory for many reasons, the most important of which is to keep all operating systems in optimal conditions, providing security to our company's information and, most importantly, free from VIRUSES.

Pros

Wonderful Tool, it is a SoftWare that solves all kinds of problems related to viruses, it also gives you complete protection in: Antimalware, Windows, macOS, Android. Protection of privacy and identity in iOS, it is an excellent Password Manager, in addition to providing you with fast and free VPN, one of the great nobility of this efficient tool is that of Parental Controls, it is like having a supervisor,...

Cons

I would not call it Cons rather Disadvantages as it is not centralized, this generates minor inconveniences that are not important since it uses separate and intuitive applications for various functionalities, another drawback is Identity Theft Protection that is only applied to clients residing in the United States of North America, which would be great if it were applied in the same way for any client on the planet. Finally, it is the cost of the Product that varies in price depending on the country in which you reside.

Always feeling secure

By using Norton products I am protecting myself and my work as much as anyone can be protected. As I mentioned previously with the near daily bombardment of threats of viruses I can feel safe knowing that I have Norton standing guard at all my doors, so that is one less thing I need to be concerned about! Peace of mind that my computer and my files are as protected as they can be is one of the most important benefits of Norton and they provide that in spades!

Pros

The best part of the Norton suite of security products is that it works 24 hours, 365 days a year. Even when I turn off the computer it stands guard so when I open back up it is ready. Whether is simple Malware, phishing or DDoS you are protected and that is of course of paramount importance. The programs are easy to use. Pretty much plug and play. It's nice to know that as complex as the program is Norton has made it easy for even neophytes to use! Integration is easy. There was a time when I got a new computer that was loaded with a competing antivirus program and they didn't play that well together. I was able to clear out the other one in favor of Norton. So transition was pretty seamless.

Cons

So I have used this analogy before. I feel bad because I don't make full use of what Norton has to offer. It is like having an 18 wheel tractor trailer available but I only need to go to the corner store. Norton has so much more than I need to use, but it is nice to know that not only is it there, but it is powerful enough to do whatever I might ever need to call on it for. So the question was is there be anything I feel is missing or could be improved? Not to me there isn't. I am a simple end user and it does everything I need and want it to do!

Good and cheap

The apprehension about somebody getting tightly to your clients touchy data is really unnerving. Realizing that you have this program to back you up makes you breathe a sigh of relief. It is an extremely valuable device for our business.

Pros

I really like the usability. The Workspace app is exceptionally easy to use even for people who are not computer savvy. There are a few options for the depth of results you need to perform and the app is constantly doing things behind the scenes. I also like the ability to update and clean records. Both options quickly clean up your old PC, documents, and projects that are no longer used or valuable. Every year when I top up, for the most part I don't need to set a new schedule: I just give the new item key code and I'm good to go for an additional 365 days.

Cons

Norton has not many rebounds which incorporates that during the infection checks it dials back the frameworks and makes different exercises very sluggish or not having the option to work. Likewise when it alarms and delete the malware without anyone else, the framework actually shows blunder or the infection leaves its effects adulterating specific records and organizers. So in such case, we generally need to do it physically to guarantee most extreme security.

The Antivirus That Actually Works!

I have been using Norton AntiVirus for a long time now. So, I think I am now in a position to comment about the overall user experience. An unpopular opinion, most of the antivirus in the market are gimmicks. Some are actually useful and Norton is the best of them. The overall user experience is superb. Although nowadays Windows comes with a built-in powerful security system, I can't really depend on that for my office computers. This is when Norton came as a lifesaver. It helps me monitor all my office computers and keep them secure. Also, the developer team is very helpful in terms of after-sales support. This is not only a standalone or offline antivirus system, rather it is a complete package consisting of a firewall, VPN, parental controls, and many more.

Pros

When it comes to antivirus, you can't say for sure that this will give me a hundred percent protection. But in terms of Norton AntiVirus, I can confidently say that it will surely protect you against all the common threats and privacy issues. Norton is an old player in the market with a lot of experience in this industry. Also, they are quite careful about the users' data security and privacy. The...

Cons

I hate nothing about Norton AntiVirus. But there are a few things that should be improved. For example, the real-time scanning feature should be optimized a bit more. Also, there should be some option for the power users to automate and schedule regular tasks. If the developers can improve this two sides, Norton will be unbeatable.

Norton AntiVirus like having a personal body guard for each member of the family!

My overall experience was very good. Like I said before definitely not a must have for everyone but it is for most depending on your level of online use or your interactions with new websites, apps etc. I work online alot and my internet use varies month to month. So overall if your someone visiting new sites downloading new apps etc. Pr have a large family with a wide range of internet users and use....

Pros

I really liked this software because its fairlyteasy to use it has several features to choose from and gives you control over how much or how little protection you want or need. It helps protect against viruses and cyber scams while educating you which sites, apps etc. are a threat. All the while not nearly as intrusive as some of their competitors. They offer a free trial which is great! Giving you...

Cons

Wouldn't let me remove my card information unless I cancelled my account. Had to repeatedly update my passwords as it kept trying to use my old one. The lowest package which is around $40 I believe is a bit steep especially if your using it for personal protection for yourself or your family.

A surprisingly light weight antivirus solution

Norton ticks all the boxes for AV compliancy, it appears to be lightweight with competitive pricing. And finally, nobody got fired for buying Norton

Pros

Norton works mostly in the background without impacting user activity. We haven't been impacted by malicious software since installing (touch wood!) and the initial and renewal prices have been competitive.

Cons

Having to trouble shoot adding a computer and user to the domain, which required disabling Norton momentarily. No warning or log entry were apparent and it took several hours to solve the issue. Slightly annoying web pop ups can occur infrequently and intermittently but only impact on productivity for the time it takes to close the browser tab.

Norton Antivirus.. Your first line of defense against viruses and malewares.

Norton Antivirus is one of the mostly used and widely known antivirus software. Knowing that our files and computers are protected from malware, ransomware or cyber attacks that could be costly or disruptive to our businesses and/or personal lives gives me a great sense of security and relief.

Pros

Norton Security is a sophisticated antivirus programme for your computer. The tool offers excellent protection against malware, ransomware, identity theft, and web and email attacks. Advanced Firewall and VPN capabilities are useful for keeping your device secure. The Norton updates and threat protection are the best features. The Norton team releases daily updates to improve their software's ability to combat newly discovered threats. Cloud storage and parental control are among the other functions. These advanced features are only available as part of a high-priced package, so we have to choose according to our needs. The pricing plans are reasonable, and the protection is excellent. One of the most reliable brands and names in computer security.

Cons

To work properly and on full potential Nortin Antivirus, like its other counterpart softwares, consumes a lot of hardware resources like CPU and RAM making your computer work a bit slow..

Great Product and a Must Have Today

I work for a client that has me review websites that I must open and view to see if they are the type of website that our company is looking to be partnered with. I also use Malware Bytes which picks up most issues, but there are times that Malware Bytes does not pick up an issue and Norton does. I feel very well protected.

Pros

It really works the way it said it does. It catches websites all the time that are shady or have flat out Trojans and other viruses on them. It also "sanitizes" documents that I download.

Cons

I had a bit of trouble with customer service. Not sure if I did something incorrectly or if it was an issue with Norton.

Norton provides a good basic security suite; their VPN is horrible, though.

Good basic security suite for WIN computers.. built-in firewall, port monitoring, anti-virus. Their VPN is horrible, though.

Pros

Easy to use software for use as a security suite.. anti-virus, firewall, etc. Norton is essentially the standard that other security software is referred to..

Cons

Norton's VPN is horrible.. it slows down your internet connection to a crawl. Also, their VPN has to by turned on manually every time you reboot. It doesn't stay on.. I stopped using their VPN due to the internet speed issue, but still use Norton for their other features.

Norton Security-Coverage in all forms from internet threats

It has all been stated above and with 20 + years serving as a great protection choice for our most vulnerable private information it certainly speaks for itself. There was that inner voice setting off panic at times which I have fortunately turned to an inner voice that says trust.Trust is how I think Norton overall has stayed on top and shown itself to be a leader in the internet protection world. From large scale companies to everyday users, Norton Protection has come in handy and likely has protected us from a harmful intrusion somewhere along the way. On the personal side where we fend for ourselves Norton gives peace of mind. And that is just what we need.

Pros

Norton is THE name of trust when even thinking about your web and internet vulnerability. It has endured the tests that time presents and keep us feeling a little safer. Often a lot safer. I like its strength in actual action when presented with a malware, spyware or virus intrusion. I have considered it the top of the line compared to many others simply due to its rapid discovery and removal of PC and phone threats at a fraction of the cost of other similar software security applications.

Cons

I have wondered at times if computer protection was often tied to actual attacks. I'd look at a situation, mostly on the user experience level ( affecting me on my device )and think timing is odd or proximity to the package expiration and random attack are quite close?We all have been there. And for a bit of time I'd make a connection that wasn't true. That is my largest dislike-the time involved...