TRAC Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.89/10

Reviews by rating

An amazing asset to cover most of our policies and risk assessments. Examiners are very satisfied with the results we gain from Trac.
It is helpful to track our outstanding audit findings and track our policies renewal dates.
Permissions are a bit confusing in the implementation.
Sometimes hard to remember that I have to reset our search functions to see everything.
We are taking the guesswork and manual labor out of the risk management process. Streamlining many of the info sec tasks required.

TD

Trevor D.

SBS Makes Bank Compliance Easier

Overall, we are very happy with TRAC and we've had no issues.

Pros

One stop shop for managing a bank's InfoSec program.

Cons

There's really no major issues. Only wish list items we have is SSO and an option for one login for multiple institutions (helps with holding companies or MSP)

Thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear we are a one-stop shop for your bank's information security program! SSO functionality is on our roadmap and is actively being worked on now and we are hoping to release this functionality in the first half of 2024. We will reach out to you for a training on the holding companies feature. That feature, pretty new, already exists so happy to help there. Best regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

AD

Allen D.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Having SBS CyberSecurity's TRAC system makes my job MUCH easier!

Overall, I have saved HOURS of time utilizing TRAC. It allows us to manage our contracts and risk audits so much easier and do more than what the regulators are requiring. This enables us to keep our ducks in a row much easier.

Pros

The useability of TRAC makes my life so much easier. Before choosing TRAC, I tested multiple solutions ranging from cheap to super expensive. Those systems tested were decent, but TRAC was designed in my opinion with the end user in mind. I feel if I would sit down and design a system today, this is how I would have designed it. Since their company also does outside security audits for financial instructions, I feel it keeps TRAC current with what regulators are requiring.

Cons

I understand why they offer separate TRAC modules, but I wish they offered better pricing for existing customers. Even better if I use them for my 3rd party security IT audits, it would be nice to be able to purchase TRAC inclusive package for a discounted flat fee.

Thank you for your kind words! We're grateful you are pleased with TRAC and our service offerings! Our SBS Team is committed to excellence, and hearing how much time this saves you is very appreciated and helps us to know the time and effort the team puts into staying current is of value! We also appreciate your transparency about our pricing and the inclusive package suggestion. We will pass this on to the appropriate team members for consideration. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

JF

James F.

End user viewpoint

It gets the job done for my needs.

Pros

Solves most of my compliance needs with regulators for vendor management, IT risk assessment. I do not use the other modules as we have other products.

Cons

Like all vendors, there are flaws and annoying issues that should be resolved. SBSCyber does resolve most items provided to support. There is an active development in the product(s) and an end user group that meets annually.

AW

Amanda W.

TRAC Review

My experience with TRAC has been positive. I am able to use the product with ease. If something comes up that I don't know how to do within TRAC or if a function isn't performing properly, I can reach out to our SBS CyberSecurity rep or to customer service and they can either answer my questions immediately or they will research the issue and get back to me.

Pros

It's a product where all information can be stored in a central location. Action tracking, audit reviews, necessary documents can all be stored and tracked within TRAC. It's also helpful with working on different assessments they walk you through the process with potential questions.

Cons

Can't really think of anything at this time.

We are so glad to hear your experience with TRAC has been positive! It is also wonderful to hear that our customer support and your account executive quickly get you the necessary answers. We appreciate you taking the time to review our product and company. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

ML

Michael L.

Trac Review

TRAC provides easy to use and up to date tools to help automate and assist an organization in the implementation of their information security program.

Pros

TRAC's IT Assets, Vendor, and Business Continuity modules provide a straightforward and consistent method to conduct risk assessments for these activities plus it generates reports and review schedules. You can easily document references and add notes to each item in the modules. The Information Security Program (ISP) module is a customizable tool that generates polices and maintains a review schedule.

Cons

I would like to see more customization options for the vendor management module, especially for vendor selection. Vendors provide diverse products and services to banks. Some vendors do not provide services or products that apply to a strict safe guarding regulatory approach to vetting or managing a vendor. For non-bank transaction centric vendors, banks still have needs to manage these vendors which TRAC is capable of handling.

CW

Carolyn W.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Organization and Reporting

Organization and truly knowing what you have and how each asset or vendor touches your network. Increased your awareness and thus your ability to take action where you see possible vulnerabilities you may not have been aware of before from third parties who do not undergo penetration testing.

Pros

I like the reporting features for both board members and auditors. I love having all our vendors in one location and on a schedule for reviews. We like how you can assign an owner who knows the asset best to help you accurately manage.

Cons

You have to buy user licenses just for the owners to come in once a quarter and approve or review their assigned assets. We ended up printing them out and handing to each owner then one person has to enter all their data or changes manually and hit approve on their behalf. Sort of defeats the purpose but saves us a lot of money.

Good day, Carolyn, We appreciate your honest feedback and are thankful for your time and your on-going business! I've contacted you privately regarding the user license issue to understand the concern better. We do not do per-user organizational licensing, so you can create additional users as a TRAC administrator. We look forward to clearing up any confusion that may exist! Regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

BB

Bob B.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Risk assessments made easy

Pros

I see two main benefits from TRAC. 1) It is way easier than maintaining the spreadsheet based risk assessments we used originally. We didn't know if our examiners were going to agree with our assessments, whether it was the level of risk or the value of mitigations. This way we can rely on an expert opinion for those facts, and save a TON of time on the assessments themselves. 2) It helps us to see where our dollars will have the largest impact. We can use the planned control option to see how much a new logging system might move the needle on risk across the board.

Cons

I would like to get raw data out of it, so we can analyze and report on it ourselves without using their tooling. It would also be nice to have a backup of our own.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review TRAC. It is great to hear TRAC is saving you a TON of time and helps assist you with where to spend your budgeted security dollars and where you will see the most impact. Thanks for being so open with your raw data needs and the backup desire. These comments have been passed on to our product team. Best Regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

DJ

Drew J.

TRAC Review

Pros

It makes governance, vendor reviews, asset risk and liability management, and audit tracking much easier.

Cons

The software seems to do everything we ask of it, but it would be nice if when done editing a vendor it did not take you back to the top of the list when going back to your vendor list.

Drew - Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that TRAC is making your work life easier! That is excellent news. I'll check in with our development team regarding the improvement you would like! We will be in touch with you. Kind Regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

JL

Jason L.

Trac for Risk assesment

Works well and easy to use. I setup a GLBA report for the board every year using this software.

Pros

Has great categories that include assets, risk, mitigation. Easy to navigate. Great reports with charts.

Cons

Really can't think of anything. Everything is well laid out and works well.

We so appreciate your taking the time to complete a review for our TRAC product! So glad you are satisfied with the ease of navigation and we appreciate hearing about the value our reports and charts provide for you. Kind regards, Cindy

CR

Craig R.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

SBS TRAC Review

Plesant and friendly experience overall.

Pros

The way it helps you determine and lay out vendors, network, and access points makes the process easy and satisfies the regulators. Cybersecurity Accessment also has a good summary for Execs.

Cons

BSA dept and regulators did not love the BSA Risk Assessment.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing! So glad to hear it is making your process easier and is helping with regulatory needs. We will reach out to discuss the BSA dept and regulators feedback on our BSA module. Kind regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

WC

Wade C.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Information Security Program, Business Continuity Program, Cybersecure Assess, IT Risk Assess

We are using it for vendor management and to build a new Information Security program for our new bank. The support and documents are regulatory focused which ensures we are implementing policies, programs and procedures based guidelines set by our industries' regulatory bodies, which bodes well when the bank is audited and examined by those regulators.

Pros

The solution is fairly intuitive, and the reporting is great when you need to pull data for management or an executive summary. Data in the module feeds into other modules, which is great for building policy and program documents and reduces redundancy of data entry.

Cons

No way to set ticklers for vendor reviews or Action Tracking. Would be great if it could notify whoever's email address is noted when a vendor review is due or when a contract is up for renewal. Also, it would be nice to be able to upload multiple files at once. For example due diligence documents for a vendor. As is you have to upload them one at a time which is tedious.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses and for sharing your ideas for things we can consider for improvement! We are happy you are finding value in TRAC and module integration in addition to reporting and how you use TRAC to assist in preparation for regulatory examinations. Regarding the ticklers for vendor reviews and action tracking. This is a current feature in TRAC under Settings. We'll reach out to you privately with details on this feature. We also have an enhancement request in our development area for uploading multiple files. We appreciate your bringing these items up! Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

MM

Myriah M.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

$250mm Financial Institution

Pros

TRAC has been a really useful tool for our Bank. I really like that the risk assessments are all within their own respective area. It has also assisted us with rewriting policies and continuing to be up-to-date on changes with the use of TRAC's templates. We utilize a consultant, and that has been very beneficial for the first few years in getting everything set-up and to understand what we were doing.

Cons

TRAC sometimes does not have a logical solution, but customer support is always there to assist and submit recommendations to the developers. The only other thing I can say that I don't like is that it is not consistent throughout the different modules. An example would be that some pages you have to click to save and others automatically save. This can easily be forgotten and work not saved. That is pretty minor when looking at the overall product and what we have gotten out of it though.

We are so glad to hear you find TRAC and our consulting resource to be a valuable tool/resource for your institution. We will pass along your concerns regarding the consistency of autosaving across modules to our development team for consideration. I appreciate your willingness to respond and your transparency. It is much appreciated. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

MF

Melinda F.

Used monthly for 2+ years

SBS & Trac is a great place to start ISP.

Trac has been a life saver for me in setting up and maintaining my ISP. Also great for audits and project tracking from any area. SBS does great with qtrly fun educational meetings to share and expand knowledge of the product.

Pros

SBS and Trac is a great place to begin your Information Security Program (ISP). Their system makes it possible to build a cohesive program. The rating is easy and customizable but also the heavy lifting of risk and rating has been pre-entered to help get you started and keep evolving. Examiners love it - since easy to follow.

Cons

If not admin; some users find it difficult to use. Not intuitive to not IT brains? Really need to watch the permissions to be sure they have read only on what they need. Permissions are a bit confusing in the implementation. Realize cost is needed but wish bigger discount for other products so could use more together. Can't get approval to add on more modules due to cost.

Good day, Melinda, We appreciate your honest feedback and are thankful for your time and your ongoing business! I'll contact you privately regarding the user permissions and discuss any ideas you may have to help our tool be more intuitive. Regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

JC

Julie C.

Banking, 1-10 employees

IS Manager

Pros

Their customer service is out of this world!

Cons

Not much to complain about! I have a little stress figuring out some reports, but one phone call is all it takes, and Trac employees explain it perfectly to me!

We appreciate your affirming words on our customer service team. It is also good to hear that your examiners are very satisfied with the outcomes/results that benefit you from TRAC. Your feedback regarding the reports is welcomed and we will reach out to you privately to better understand your pain points. Thank you for your willingness to share this. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

TH

Tim H.

Review of TRAC

It is an excellent tool for vendor management.

Pros

Everything in one place. You can store vendor related doc as well as the risk for it.

Cons

It could use a “Point of View” for some of the questions, this will make it easier to answer then.

We are happy you are finding great value in the vendor management module and appreciate your taking the time to respond thoughtfully. Regarding the comment on "Point of View," we want to discuss this with you and will reach out privately. Thank you for sharing an area we might improve upon. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

DW

Daniel W.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

More Modules!

We are solving several compliance related concepts with the various modules in the TRAC universe. I like the fact that once you learn one module, you can easily add additional modules and they follow the same entry/reporting flow and concepts.

Pros

I appreciate all of the integrated modules in the TRAC system. We started with one of the modules and recently added two more! It is easy to get started, each module follows the same concepts, so the learning curve is short when adding more features. Once we have everything entered in the new system, we may be adding more!

Cons

I wish there was an option to create a report to list all of the entries in a module.

We are so glad you are finding value in TRAC and recognizing the consistency and continuity throughout the modules. We are also excited to hear of the possibility that you will request to add more modules in the future. Regarding the reporting, we will reach out to you privately to discuss so we better understand your reporting needs. Thank you for your time in responding! Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

AB

Angie B.

Audit/action tracking

Pros

I love how the audit findings flow to the action tracking. Each person is then responsible for updating their findings.

Cons

Multiple findings in one category don’t flow to action tracking correctly.

Thank you so much for calling out one of the BEST features our customer base truly appreciates. We are glad you find value in it, too! Regarding the cons you mentioned, this is a bug in the system currently, and our development team is aware, and it will be addressed. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and your transparency on things we can improve on. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

BT

Billie T.

Review of SBD

Customer Service has been awesome!

Pros

TRAC has been a very user friendly product to use!

Cons

So far, everything seems to be going well

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is great to hear from new users of TRAC, and we are happy to hear you find TRAC to be user-friendly. Our client services team strives to provide an excellent experience for all our users seeking help and we appreciate your kind remarks. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

MK

Max K.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

SBS TRAC Continued Use

Support staff makes this product an A+ product and make up for any functionality limitations compared to other competitors.

Pros

Low cost of the product and ease of use makes this product hard to find anything that compares.

Cons

Protection Profiles are similar in control sets and no ability to have multiple control response contributors assigned to control sets. Also, no ability to auto answer internal controls.

KG

Kelly G.

Keep on TRAC

Keeps us all honest as to if we have addressed our issues.

Pros

If we could use all modules we would. They really work well together keeping everyone on the same page with risk, audit etc.

Cons

We are happy to hear how satisfied you are with TRAC's modules and are finding value in them. We are actively discussing ways to figure out a way to remind our customers that they have a filter set. Presently, it turns green as a reminder of a filter set; however, we are considering other ways to remind that may call more attention to that. It sounds like the tool is helping you ensure all your to-dos are getting completed. Thank you for your thoughtful review! The SBS CyberSecurity Team

JP

Jared P.

trac

Exceptional. It was a game changer for us!

Pros

TRAC makes us more efficient in our operations/compliance and gives us back time. Nothing is more valuable than time in a community bank when one of the biggest keys is lean operating.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Updating of the product and customer service are all top notch.

MS

Michael S.

Cyber Risk Tool

Very good and positive.

Pros

I love that the Cyber Risk Tool now being include in Trac is great, so that everything is under onsite and log in.

Cons

Sometimes hard to navigate and pulling reports can be challenging.

It's great to hear that you are happy with our incorporation of the FFIEC Tool into TRAC. It's good to know you are finding value in that. Additionally, thank you for your transparent comments regarding navigating and pulling reports. We will contact you for more information to understand the challenge better and see what we can do to improve this. We appreciate you! Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

DH

Debra H.

TRAC review

I like the program, it wasn't too hard for me to figure out how it worked.

Pros

Cons

Some of the risk assessments have several questions on it. We have trouble with some of the vendor items.

Hi Debra, Thank you so much for the TRAC review. We appreciate your honest feedback, pros and cons! Regarding the risk assessment questions and having some difficulty with some of the vendor items, we will contact you privately to understand better and address the concerns. Best, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

RG

Rick G.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Well worth your investment

Pros

This product is very easy to use and does a great job at risk management. The parameters that are built in are specific to our industry and take a lot of the guesswork out of risk analysis. The customization available is also very useful.

Cons

I think the reporting feature could be more customized to allow more flexibility in producing reports.

Good day, Rick, We are grateful for all your your honest feedback and are thankful for your time and your ongoing business! I'll contact you privately regarding ideas you may have for customizing reports and more flexibility. Regards, The SBS CyberSecurity Team

RR

Rebeckah R.

Trac Information Security and Business Continuity

TRAC makes Risk assessments as easy as they could possibly be. I cannot imagine managing our IS and Business Continuity programs without it.

Pros

I like the risk rating process, specifically that threats and controls are built into the products. There are many standard Assets that are pre-configured. There are many sample policies and procedures that assist in the implementation.

Cons

I haven't really used the task management feature, though in a larger institution I could see its benefits.