WebTitan Logo

WebTitan

DNS-based web filter, malware/phishing protection & security

WebTitan Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

See full reviews by rating

Pricing is competitive with other web filtering technologies we have deployed in the past. Active Directory integration is a great feature and helps you identify user behavior.
Ease of use is important for my company so my assistants can help monitor and adjust settings as needed. TitanHQs support is great as well.
Great value for money, easy to use and good responsive customer support, I would recommend to customers.
A hell of a lot of personal maintenance trying to get it working as expected.
The DNS Proxy is another annoying black box VM to have to "maintain.
Troubleshooting through history is very limited. Without setting up a syslog server to send logs to, it only has it's history page to look through.

WebTitan users...

iPrism Web Security-logocaret

iPrism Web Security

ESET Endpoint Security-logocaret

ESET Endpoint Security

How would you rate WebTitan?

Overall its been good

Filtering users from bad websites and ease of usage

Pros

Its easy to use . Web filtering is easy to turn on and off. User imports are simple too. Customer support is been good.

Cons

The reporting part is not nearly as good as Websense product was. Its not even close. . Also we cannot filter individual users for more than 1 ip address to bypass the filtering which is a big pain point for us.

The software works as advertised. It's easy to configure, and requires very little maintenance.

Pros

I like the simple and easy to use interface. It allows for the users to self regulate their spam emails. The option to get an additional email with the list of blocked emails is great.

Cons

My only complaint about the software is there is no ability to label an email as spam within outlook. This option would allow to reduce the spam email even further.

I use the SpamTitan Cloud. I like it! Low price and powerfull anti spam

Stop receiving spam!!

Pros

It's very effective You have a great anti-spam at low cost License by email is great Filter rules is easy to use

Cons

Very hard to find my subscription (expiration) Spam list is slow during daytime Can't block recipient (If you delete a mailbox, but someone continue to send at this mailbox it count for 1 license) UI only in english

Webtitan easy to implement and excellent performance

It is a solution that can be perfectly integrated and it really is very effective for what you are looking for.

Pros

Its easy implementation and excellent administration make this product very effective.

Cons

The truth is there is not much that I dislike, maybe it would work a little more in the interface but it really has a good performance!

Lovely web access control tool

Pros

Webtitan is a truly powerful and feature rich software. Some of its best features include the ease of setting it up, its ability to filter encrypted connections, the ability to filter specific url their fantastic customer support.

Cons

There's a lack of flexibility with the reporting. Spam pass through occasionally.

SpamTitan has cut-down on spam for me and many of my clients dramatically.

I resell it to my clients

Pros

The interface is very clean and fast, though a bit outdated-looking. The spam digest reports look nice and contain enough info to be very useful.

Cons

The cost is very high. Setting up custom filters is difficult. There should be quicker and easier ways for end-users to block messages from senders that change part of their address every time. Multi-factor authentication would be a plus. Would be nice to configure spam digest timing individually for each domain and possibly multiple digests per day. The Outlook add-in is very user unfriendly to install and configure and there seems to be no notifications of updates.

SpamTitan gives good visibility into emails coming in; support is fantastic.

Reduces the amount of spam getting in as well as makes spam management easy.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to manage and easy to view email that have come into our organization.

Cons

I believe too much spam is getting through. Support has been great in helping me with unique settings to help reduce spam, but I find that too much gets through.

We've been a WebTitan customer for 5+ years now. Great solution for our small office!

Pros

- Visibility; reports, history etc - Support; fantastic response time and one on one help - Active Directory integration - Ease of set up and implementation - Quick method to white-list sites

Cons

- Needs request reboots to keep things working well - Some HTTP 1.1 sites simply will not work, even via bypass

Webtitan and TitanHQ's other products are a great blend of functionality and ease of use.

Easy to use and easy to setup and maintain.

Pros

Cons

It can take a little time to tweak content settings sometimes but it's still faster than the other firewall products I've used in the past.

Very good product and easy to setup and use.

Safer web surfing

Pros

Configuration. It's easy to setup and it just works. We have a central internet port and all our traffic goes through this port. So our web titan looks at all the traffic passing through.

Cons

I would love to see domains blocked based on their age. If the domain is less than a year old block it.

Great Web Content Software

It has been great so far. I have been working with their rep on setup and he has been great starting with the demo all the way through setup and even helping trouble shoot minor issues I've had. I am very happy to have found TitanHQ and very happy to use the product.

Pros

I really enjoy using WebTitan software because it is extremely user friendly. Before making the purchase I was given a demo and free access to WebTitan and I was able to pick it up instantly. I really like the homepage for WebTitan which is a nice snap shot of the current web landscape of our company. It shows all of the allowed connections and blocked connections which is nice. This makes it easy to monitor our company in one easy dashboard. The reporting feature was another addition that keep me informed on the spot anytime someone attempts to access a website they shouldn't. Also being able to customize what we block is easy and simple and we also have the ability to white list websites that are under a blocked category.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about WebTitan but the only thing that can become tedious is there is no home button when in another tab like the Policies tab. If I am in the policies tab I cannot get back 'Home' without editing the URL address. Certainly not something I dislike but something I would like to see enhanced at some point.

Hitting all the marks!

Web Titan keeps us within CIPA compliance while also keeping us within our budget.

Pros

Web Titan is used on our patron computers within the library. It is CIPA compliant, and once installed, it basically runs itself. It keeps people safe when using our computers and offers us the freedom to pick and choose what is blocked.

Cons

Paying our annual dues was confusing for the city clerk who mails payment by invoice instead of credit card.

It has helped with my Internet usage, help to cache and control which websites are allowed.

Webdownload management, quick proxy cache.

Pros

Webfiltering and it works nicely with Linux. Web interface friendly and easy and friendly to use., nice reporting and real time activities.

Cons

It causes the application Linux operating system to freeze. I have to restart the OS but this happens on Vmware.

SpamTitan is well worth it!

SpamTitan HQ Almost made Spam a thing of the past for me, while I can still deliver and white/Black list, from the daily report, in my inbox.

Pros

SpamTitan eliminates about 98% of my unwanted emails. By means of its algorithm. and the centralised filter.

Cons

For an untrained individual like myself, it was not so easy to set up. I am still missing a feature to add senders or domains to black/white lists directly from the outlook interface. On both the Office 365 online interface, and Mac OS install (I do believe this feature exists for the windows installment of Outlook). I would also like to see the option of user blacklisting by content.

Web Titan has been the best web filter we have ever implemented

Pros

Ease of use, it works great, accurate categories. Administration has been very easy compared to past products we've had.

Cons

So far no real complaints. I would like to be able to add full url's in whitelisting. Occasionally we have to manually add a user that doesn't authenticate properly.

Great software for a reasonable price

Pros

It works. Very stable. Very configurable in what we need it to do. Cost is extremely reasonable. User friendly.

Cons

Their doesn't seem to be a whole lot of updates or improvements since purchase. I would like them add new functionality and/or improve the usability/navigation.

WebTitan Review

Overall a good experience with WebTitan and the associate support

Pros

Robust system, very few issues, needs a reboot 1 a year if we have any problems.

Cons

Not that easy to configure, some issues with allowing sites to some users an not others

Setup was completed very quickly, end users didn't even noticed the changed

Pros

Easy to set up and manage, can filter by user, group or IP address. Customer service is excellent and they helped us set up the product very quickly, any config issues were resolved within hours. Reports are very good and quick to run. Very low maintenance once set up

Cons

Could have easier to read logs to identify issues as we like to try resolve issues ourselves, other than that we are happy with the product

Simple implementation and configuration, very high security

Pros

The simplicity of implementation and the absolute effectiveness.

Cons

The graphical interface should be updated with a newer style. In the Cloud version, it is not possible to configure a policy with the NON-WORKING TIMES

Great sales experience, reasonable pricing, great technical support.

Pros

Keeps spam email load off of local server. Great technical support. Reasonable cost. Excellent uptime.

Cons

Most features can be had with Microsoft 365 Email. Occasional lag in mail delivery. Needs more configuration capabilities to compete.

Overall, very easy to use and effective product.

Pros

Easy to use online control panel for administration, no client to install on end user work stations.

Cons

Can be tricky to whitelist domains. A call to customer service the first couple of times will be necessary until you get the hang of it.

Best proxy/content filter ever used, lot of features, simple and intuitive administration.

Resolve in a perfect way the internet content filter job, for users inside and outside the company.

Pros

1. Can authenticate against Active Directory without counting the IP. 2. Clean interface, simple administration. 3. Very powerful content filter, granular policies for users and groups. 4. Easy to debug the filtering result. 5. Great reporting. 6. Remote assistance.

Cons

1. Antivirus engine not so good and no reliable, updating problems. 2. System upgrading problems. 3. Time limits don't apply to white listed entries. 4. Only 8 custom categories.

The most fundamental, widely used robust and effective system

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say WebTitan is outstanding software that helps me a lot in minimizing viruses.

Pros

The thing I like most about WebTitan is that it is extremely easy to use and configure. I like its' clear interface. It let us block malicious content and spam easily. It is no doubt an amazing product helping us a lot in kicking out harmful bad stuff. It is helpful in integrating with other network simply. I love its responsive support. Furthermore, in order to filter websites WebTitan is the best solution.

Cons

There is not anything to dislike about WebTitan as it fulfills all the needs of our company. I never face any problem whenever I use this product. It is a flawless app with lots of benefits. It has made my work easier for me.

We've used WebTitan products for over 3 years now and never have to worry about getting spammed.

Pros

We love the effectiveness of the spam filter. It's very rare to have any spam slip through the filter.

Cons

The user interface would be improved. Sometimes clients have trouble logging in to the system for the first time.

Very easy to use and works better than more expensive products.

Pros

The gui and setup are very easy to use. Network integration was easy and rule setup was very user friendly.

Cons

Slower response time for when I need in depth reports on specific users and their internet utilization.