AscendTMS Logistics Software Logo

AscendTMS Logistics Software

Free Logistics, shipping, and freight management software

AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

Reviews by rating

We love all the capabilities of AscendTMS. We are highly satisfied with all the features of the program.
The Price & The Features are amazing. For a starter, this is a great option for a new brokerage since you can have up to 2 users for FREE on the Ascend platform.
I was most happy with how smoothly we were able to transition to Ascend TMS from our old outdated software. The support team was very helpful and responsive to our questions.
We did occasionally have issues where loads were lost, but customer service noted it and fixed those issues as far as i know.
My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works.
Ascend DOES have the feature available, but Truckstop.com charges so much to give you the integration code.

Joe R.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

The heart of our operation

Ascend has given me the confidence to grow my business and not get lost creating invoices, payroll and organizing drivers.

Pros

The ability to create payroll reports and export invoices all based on the original load information. The ability to search a load number based on the BOL, VRID, or whatever number was entered at the loads origination. The ability to customize the columns while viewing loads. The ability to send invoices with POD's and Confirmation Sheets attached

Cons

The invoices imported to QB do not contain the description data from the invoice in Ascend. Other than that, the software seems to be bulletproof.

Joe - thank you for your AMAZING review. We will continue to keep adding the features you want and need! The AscendTMS Team.

JP

Jennifer P.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

The Only TMS I will EVER Use!

After using several other EXPENSIVE TMS software, this is the only TMS software that I would recommend to anyone! Large or small!

Pros

Extremely powerful and expansive software has the most user friendly interface.

Cons

I have yet to find something that I don't like about this software!

Thank you SO much, Jennifer. You ROCK!!! I will tell the entire team here just how much you love AscendTMS!! You made our day!

DL

Daniel L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Feature-rich, but somewhat clunky and time-consuming.

Since the software integrates with other offerings, I ended up signing up with Triumph Business Capital for factoring (because they were integrated) and Triumph has been great.

Pros

Ascend tries to be many things, with a host of integrations from DAT load board to Triumph Business Capital for factoring. There is a lot going on and for the most part, the software does its job. The address auto-populate feature is very helpful when entering new addresses. That is sort of where the positives stop for me.

Cons

There are simply too many steps to go through to enter and dispatch a single load. Instead of having everything on one screen to be entered quickly, you have to fill out one screen, click to go to the next screen, click to go to the next screen, all for one load. It simply took me too much time. I ended up switching over to Trucking Office (I am a smaller operation) and the difference in time spent dispatching was very noticeable. All in all, it was not bad software, just did not work out for me. There are also minor glitches with the formatting of the website interface that bugged me, like text running outside of a box, just little aesthetic touches that were distracting.

HI Daniel, it looks like you just had a BASIC subscription to AscendTMS and so you didn't get "all the goodies" you needed. If you want all the bells and whistles in AscendTMS you need to upgrade to the PREMIUM subscription for just $49. Once you get a PREMIUM subscription - you will see that ALL of your needs will be met, from driver payroll and full accounting to IFTA reports and load tracking etc. Thanks for the review.

AM

Aaron M.

Great Review

We thoroughly enjoy using this software

Pros

This software is fantastic at transportation management.

Cons

I am an accounting manager, and we do know this is not an accounting software, but more features to help utilize the accounting aspect of the software would be incredibly helpful.

Aaron - THANK YOU for the WONDERFUL review. We'll let the entire team know how happy you are. The AscendTMS Team

KC

Kimberly C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, self-employed

Ascend Review

Pros

Ascend TMS keeps growing with me as my company grows. They have partnered with some great companies to add even more features that make my company able to post loads to more load boards and process loads more quickly, and . We are able to work more efficiently and cost-effectively.

Cons

While it is easy to learn, there were parts of the software that I did not know much about - mainly the accounting. I learned how to do much of it on the fly. Watching the videos helped and the support from Ascend TMS has been great. I would like to see a "user's group" set up so people who use the software can share tips, how to's, etc.

Hi Kinberly - You ROCK. Thank you SO much. You are such an important client to us. The AscendTMS Team.

JC

Jay C.

Fantastic Support

Overall this is a very easy software to configure and use.

Pros

Ease of Use is by far what I like most about this software. I feel like I am missing steps, but its just that easy.

Cons

I do wish there were more user permissions, where you can lock out employees from certain areas. I am told that these features will be available 2019 Q4.

Jay... thanks for the amazing review. You are awesome. The AscendTMS Team.

WH

William H.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

AscendTMS has been invaluable to our growth.

We enjoy the software and the team members we engage for support and additional solutions. The TMS is well managed and consistently updated with new or improved features.

Pros

Ascend is a clean, lean and effective TMS we use to manage both our fleet asset business and our third party logistics services. It is powerful enough to keep our ever growing business organized yet simple to quickly train our new team members on.

Cons

Not a great deal of customization is available.

William - what an AMAZING review. Thank you soooo much!! You ROCK!!

JP

JACOB P.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Very appreciative to the services you provide, thank you

Pros

Ascend is user-friendly. Very affordable. Quick access to information that is needed.

Cons

There could be less steps to completing tasks

Jacob - what an AMAZING REVIEW. Thank you so so much. The AscendTMS Team.

PN

Patrick N.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Great TMS. Cannot beat it for the price!

Its great for the cost. Additionally, I do like its documents assignment features.

Pros

I particularly like their online video tutorials and if those don't help their IT is relentless is assessing and helping resolve the problem.

Cons

I do wish the software was a bit more carrier involved. Posting trucks would be a great feature. Also wish there was a lock on loads or accounts so when someone is in the account/loads/files you would know it and couldn't make changes until in the files.

AWESOME review of AscendTMS! Thank you so much, Patrick. The AscendTMS Team!!!

TE

Terry E.

Logistics and Supply Chain, self-employed

GR8 Service

GR8 overall experience with software & people

Pros

Everything this is a GR8 software, also like the way it gives you help with rating, tracking, load building

Cons

It was kind of difficult to work with at first but the training really helped

THANKS, TERRY!!!! What an AMAZING review. THANK YOU THANK YOU. The AscendTMS Team.

BJ

Bobby J.

Fifth Wheel Logistix Loves AscendTMS

I'm still getting use to the software but it see that it will be able to handle my business for a long period of time.

Pros

User friendly and a lot of Bang! for the buck.

Cons

Wish they would partner with Safer so I could have the benefit of downloading addition carrier insurance certificates.

THANK YOU, Bobby!!! You ROCK. I'll let the team here know how happy you are with them! The AscendTMS Team.

MR

Michael R.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, self-employed

Great Product, Great People!

Outstanding customer service, great product, great people!

Pros

This software is super easy to use for organizing my customers, carriers, and loads. Ascend is quick for onboarding new carriers; I just input their USDOT/MC# and Ascend autofills the majority of the carriers info. Building loads is also super quick and painless compared to other big name TMS providers.

Cons

I have no current complaints with this software.

WOW Michael - thanks for your AMAZING review of AscendTMS. It's reviews like this that help us spread the love even more!! The AscendTMS Team

SM

Scott M.

AMAZING PRODUCT

I absolutely LOVE this system.

Pros

EASE OF USE!!! This has got to be the most cost effective and user friendly system that I have used to date! I have managed to utilize the tolls and the partners they offer, cut my costs and eliminate the need for multiple programs. Their customer support is beyond words, I will leave it at AMAZING.

Cons

Tracking, Only thing I wish we had a better tracking option.

Hi Scott - THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZING REVIEW!!! Thank you for your dedication to AscendTMS. You ROCK!!!

DC

David C.

Can't say Enough!

My overall experience with Ascend TMS has been great! Extremely easy to use, very affordable and the customer service and support is always exceptional every time that I need it. most recently,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me figure out a problem I was having with my accounting side of the system and he was able to not only guide me to what I was doing wrong but showed me a way to deal with my issue that made my life 10X better! 10/10 would recommend this system to anybody in the industry!

Pros

I love how easy It is to use ascend TMS. I've been in the transportation industry for a few years now and I've used quite a few different TMS/CRM systems; besides being over priced, most are extremely confusing to learn and adapt to. I feel like Ascend TMS is the first system I've ever used that I knew how to operate at least 75% from the moment I started using it. Also I absolutely love how the systems remembers previous information and stores it for future use like customers, locations etc..

Cons

Up to now I have zero complaints about the system. It integrates flawlessly with my business. The only thing I think would be a great future feature would be if it had an APP. I believe that would be very useful to companies like mine that are agent-based because as an agent you're using your phone for work probably more than a computer or laptop and although I have signed into the system from my phone when in an emergency, I feel like on an actual app it would perform much better.

WOW WOW WOW - thank you so much, David. What an AMAZING review from an AMAZING person. You rock!! . The AscendTMS Team

GM

Gerard M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

There's no reason for anyone to look any further for a GREAT TMS, Here it is.

User friendly, Inexpensive, customer service is on point and there always looking to make things easier and better for everyone in this industry.

Pros

I have zero of computer experience and I was able to run it smoothly with confidence in about 4 days tops. I'm still finding great things I had no idea that it existed in this software. It works like a very well oiled machine. No glitches in any of the application. I spend literally 12 plus hours a day inside of this software.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. and I have been using the software for over a month.

AMAZING, Gerard. Thank you! You are THE BEST! The AscendTMS Team!

BM

Brad M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Enhancing Continuity

Very responsive to any issue, excellent training videos and one on one training for items specific to our organization.

Pros

Efficiency of load entry, load search, user assignments, ability to customize reports

Cons

On the asset side, we would like a trailer tracking data base and a field in the reporting that would allow us to sort by load creation date. I believe both are being worked on. Would like system to integrate with "Trucker Cloud".

WOW WOW WOW!!! Thanks, Brad. You are AMAZING for writing this. Thanks so much! The AscendTMS Team!

ES

Eric S.

Great Software

It has elevated my game and allowed me more time away from the desk.

Pros

I like the automation and the ease of interface as a whole.

Cons

There hasn't been too much, but the check calls could be referenced using the route map that way you know where they are in correlation to the drop.

WOW WOW WOWZER - Thanks so much for such an AMAZING review, Eric. We love you guys!!! The AscendTMS Team.

SF

Steve F.

A new user, implementing a TMS to a broker start-up

The brokerage business is not complex, it involves arranging freight transportation. The details are important and many however and to build a brokerage that will grow and increase in value a solid--not complex--TMS is required. First of all, Ascend TMS is in the cloud. No need to invest in and manage (and worry about) a server. And brokers can access it anywhere they have an internet connection....

Cons

Steve - thanks for the amazing review. I wish you lots of luck (and PROFITS) for your brokerage business. AscendTMS will help you get there!

Adrian L.

Does great for us!

The software is great for keeping docs and notes organized on our carriers and reporting functions have been very helpful to streamline our SOP's.

Pros

I enjoy the document organization and archiving functions for keeping files on our preferred carriers. Also the reporting functions give us great insight into areas of improvement internally.

Cons

Occasionally adding a new carrier finding a carrier with a newer MC number can be frustrating but out side of that no problems!

Kris W.

Best TMS on the block

It saved us time, money, employees, and made our profits go up.

Pros

All the features that DAT, Truckstop, and all the other TMS software are offering at extra charges are included with your subscription.to Ascend. You get Texting, Tracking, Quick Books Integration, 50+ load boards posted to, and much much more. IT is quick to fix an issue, if you have a feature you would like to see added, done.

Cons

Thanks, Kris! We appreciate the kind comments and awesome review. The AscendTMS Team

Extremely Valuable

This software does EVERYTHING I need it to do to run my company. It will probably do all you need it to do as well.

Pros

This software is crafted by industry professionals who know what you need to succeed as a dispatcher, truck driver, owner operator, fleet owner or as a broker. They continually look for ways to improve the system and they resolve any issues quickly. I have only had to reach out for assistance a few times, but when I do the team at AscendTMS is always quick to respond with helpful info.

Cons

About once every 3 months, the software will go down for about 15 minutes. This is always a very short disconnect and is always back up and running shortly. For the price and the amenities, I barely feel justified in mentioning this little hiccup.

JY

Joseph Y.

Great Service and Great Price

Great! Customer service is always available to help and lets me get my drivers there rate confirmations super quick. I would recommend AcsendTMS to anyone in the industry because of it's simple and organized functions.

Pros

The all in one ability to post, book, and build a load. Great software also to keep track of rates.

Cons

Only thing is once in a while will take a while to load a reporting page.

Thank you so much for this very special review! The AscendTMS Team.

SS

Shawn S.

This software does it all! efficient and easy to use!

Pros

You can use this easily if it is your first time or if you are a seasoned professional> Highly recommended whether you are a one-man operation or have several employees.

Cons

still looking for one it does just what I need as we grow, there is a good chance we will find the cons as all do when expanding we are confident they will work with us to find a solution to whatever problems may arise.

MW

Mark W.

Easy, flexible, inexpensive & quick online TMS software - great Value!

Pros

AscendTMS is super quick to get started, and very straightforward to use. Most of what you need to do is very intuitive and quickly accessible. Most information (for loads/carriers/etc.) is presented in one screen or with menu-driven pop-up windows - no annoying switching to multiple screens. It's very responsive. While some other companies require days if not weeks to set up demos, and can cost...

Cons

Mark - it's customers like you that drive us forward. Thank you so much for the amazing review! The AscendTMS Team

VR

Vicki R.

TMS Ascend

Love it! Makes my job easier and run smoothly

Pros

Very user friendly! I like how easy it is to get the BOL and rate confirmation

Cons

I wish when in a load there would be the price showing without going out to see what it's posted for.

WOW Vicky! THANK YOU so much for this amazing AscendTMS review. Welcome to the family! The AscendTMS Team!!!