AscendTMS Logistics Software Logo

AscendTMS Logistics Software

Free Logistics, shipping, and freight management software

AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.52/10

Reviews by rating

We love all the capabilities of AscendTMS. We are highly satisfied with all the features of the program.
The Price & The Features are amazing. For a starter, this is a great option for a new brokerage since you can have up to 2 users for FREE on the Ascend platform.
I was most happy with how smoothly we were able to transition to Ascend TMS from our old outdated software. The support team was very helpful and responsive to our questions.
We did occasionally have issues where loads were lost, but customer service noted it and fixed those issues as far as i know.
My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works.
Ascend DOES have the feature available, but Truckstop.com charges so much to give you the integration code.

JW

Jenn W.

VP of Operations

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

The Best Transportations Management System.

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Jenn. I am the VP of operations at Hollywood Logistics. We have approximately...

AMAZING....THANK YOU!!!!!!

TG

Tommy G.

Account Executive

AscendTMS Review

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name's Tommy. I'm the owner and president of 4G Logistics LLC, and I'm rating AscendTMS...

Casey K.

CEO

As an owner of a 3PL I have to use software that keeps track of all my top line revenue, gross margin, and commissions for my sales team. Ascend does a great job of all of that. The board itself where I keep track of the companies shipments is very easy and simple to view. It has to be when you're moving a high volume of loads and need to stay organized. Overall great product.

Pros

1. In the cloud. 2. UI is great. 3. Easy to add users, delete users. 4. Great reporting.

Cons

Nothing. They continue to improve their software every month adding new integrations and add ons.

Wow wow wow! Thank you for that amazing review! The AscendTMS team!

JN

Jacob N.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service!

I'm a very new user. I've been using this product for less than a month as of today. But so far, any issue I've had has been very quickly resolved by the CSR team.

Pros

I love how quickly the Ascend team responds to inquiries. I have worked with other software companies, and none were as quick to reach back out with a solution.

Cons

If you don't have some sort of carrier setup integration, i.e. RIMS or some similar service, the uploading of documents can be tedious as you can only upload one doc at a time.

YOU ROCK!!!! AMAZING!!!! Thank you so SO much, Jacob!

DL

Daniel L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Feature-rich, but somewhat clunky and time-consuming.

Since the software integrates with other offerings, I ended up signing up with Triumph Business Capital for factoring (because they were integrated) and Triumph has been great.

Pros

Ascend tries to be many things, with a host of integrations from DAT load board to Triumph Business Capital for factoring. There is a lot going on and for the most part, the software does its job. The address auto-populate feature is very helpful when entering new addresses. That is sort of where the positives stop for me.

Cons

There are simply too many steps to go through to enter and dispatch a single load. Instead of having everything on one screen to be entered quickly, you have to fill out one screen, click to go to the next screen, click to go to the next screen, all for one load. It simply took me too much time. I ended up switching over to Trucking Office (I am a smaller operation) and the difference in time spent dispatching was very noticeable. All in all, it was not bad software, just did not work out for me. There are also minor glitches with the formatting of the website interface that bugged me, like text running outside of a box, just little aesthetic touches that were distracting.

HI Daniel, it looks like you just had a BASIC subscription to AscendTMS and so you didn't get "all the goodies" you needed. If you want all the bells and whistles in AscendTMS you need to upgrade to the PREMIUM subscription for just $49. Once you get a PREMIUM subscription - you will see that ALL of your needs will be met, from driver payroll and full accounting to IFTA reports and load tracking etc. Thanks for the review.

JC

Jay C.

Fantastic Support

Overall this is a very easy software to configure and use.

Pros

Ease of Use is by far what I like most about this software. I feel like I am missing steps, but its just that easy.

Cons

I do wish there were more user permissions, where you can lock out employees from certain areas. I am told that these features will be available 2019 Q4.

Jay... thanks for the amazing review. You are awesome. The AscendTMS Team.

WH

William H.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

AscendTMS has been invaluable to our growth.

We enjoy the software and the team members we engage for support and additional solutions. The TMS is well managed and consistently updated with new or improved features.

Pros

Ascend is a clean, lean and effective TMS we use to manage both our fleet asset business and our third party logistics services. It is powerful enough to keep our ever growing business organized yet simple to quickly train our new team members on.

Cons

Not a great deal of customization is available.

William - what an AMAZING review. Thank you soooo much!! You ROCK!!

JP

JACOB P.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Very appreciative to the services you provide, thank you

Pros

Ascend is user-friendly. Very affordable. Quick access to information that is needed.

Cons

There could be less steps to completing tasks

Jacob - what an AMAZING REVIEW. Thank you so so much. The AscendTMS Team.

HL

Harris L.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

The Cream Layer of TMS Softwares

Pros

I was delighted by minimalistic API and ease in which we can invoice the customer, just a few clicks and the job is done....

Cons

Please get Ascend integrated with MyCarrierPackets

Your dream came true, Harris! We are now fully integrated to MyCarrierPackets for you! ����. Thanks for the AMAZING review, Harris! The AscendTMS team!

PN

Patrick N.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Great TMS. Cannot beat it for the price!

Its great for the cost. Additionally, I do like its documents assignment features.

Pros

I particularly like their online video tutorials and if those don't help their IT is relentless is assessing and helping resolve the problem.

Cons

I do wish the software was a bit more carrier involved. Posting trucks would be a great feature. Also wish there was a lock on loads or accounts so when someone is in the account/loads/files you would know it and couldn't make changes until in the files.

AWESOME review of AscendTMS! Thank you so much, Patrick. The AscendTMS Team!!!

LP

Larry P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

AssendTMS is helping us grow and develop our business.

So far I don't have really any complaints. Its easy to use and train staff on. It's simple enough that everyone can adjust and start using it within just a few minutes of training.

Pros

The ease of use and how stream line it is to just strart and get everything going.

Cons

Wish you could split loads easier. Should be a feature for splitting a load between two carriers.

WOW WOW Amazing, Larry. Thanks for the super great review! You ROCK! The AscendTMS Team

DR

David R.

I Love The Software!!

Overall my experience has been a great one with this software.

Pros

I love almost everything about this product! It is a very robust and feature filled software that makes it easy to manage your fleet, orders, customers, shippers and pretty much every thing in your day to day!

Cons

One thing that I don't like is that the IFTA reporting isn't as robust as I would like it to be.

David - WHAT AN AMAZING REVIEW. You are THE BEST. Thank you. The AscendTMS Team.

AV

Anthony V.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Excellent Program for all levels of freight brokerage

As a small business , this software gives me everything I need to process orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of my shipment statuses for my customers. I understand there is a section to add in my factoring email addresses into each order, but I am curious to know if I can just add an e-mail once and have it appear on all loads. i.e. my wife takes care of my accounting and instead of...

Pros

Ease of Use, but a mobile version would help me to be in front of customers more often

Cons

I actually love everything about the software, but as you build there are a few features that I would add to give it an even better user experience, i.e. automatic e-mail notifications based on the status the user sets, mobile version, integrating contacts into all send load docs section

Anthony - what a great review. Thanks for all the detail. We love that you love it! The AscendTMS Team

SM

Scott M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

AMAZING PRODUCT

I absolutely LOVE this system.

Pros

EASE OF USE!!! This has got to be the most cost effective and user friendly system that I have used to date! I have managed to utilize the tolls and the partners they offer, cut my costs and eliminate the need for multiple programs. Their customer support is beyond words, I will leave it at AMAZING.

Cons

Tracking, Only thing I wish we had a better tracking option.

Hi Scott - THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZING REVIEW!!! Thank you for your dedication to AscendTMS. You ROCK!!!

JW

Jenn W.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Maximizing Your Bottom Line with AscendTMS: A User-Friendly Platform for Shippers and Carriers

Overall, I am pleased with the system.

Pros

The best feature when you have the premium account without a doubt is the Accurate. You are able to get the 90-day, 30 day and 7-day outlook on what certain lanes are running for per mile. It is extremely easy to use, and you can literally add in your margins to compile efficient shipping quotes for your shippers.

Cons

The fact that you only get one login per user is a little annoying. They should allow 3 users per login. For those in the industry just starting out and building even a small team this could prove to become expensive. At least for a trial bases more than the 30 days they give to everyone.

AMAZING REVIEW!!!!! THANK YOU. ♥️♥️♥️

GM

Greg M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Powerful and Efficient TMS Platform.

We were searching for an new TMS platform to move our operations to from the legacy platform in use. After searching over 10+ platforms we decided on AscendTMS. Our decision was based on Features , Platform Scalability, Ease of Use, Training and Cost. Compared to platforms costing hundreds of dollars a month for single users with setup fees of $2000-$4000, Ascend could not be beat. Getting a...

Pros

Ease of Use, Fast Setup, VERY Cost Effective, Easy to customize workspaces for our own preferrences.

Cons

Lacks some features currently that can speed up or improve the steps needed for load management. Integration with tracking such as Macropoint. No automatic status notification updates for customers ie: Trucks on site, Loaded. Delivery, POD name. Dispatch team must use a few extra steps to do these.

Greg - thanks for the amazing and detailed review. We truly appreciate it. The AscendTMS Team

GM

Gerard M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

There's no reason for anyone to look any further for a GREAT TMS, Here it is.

User friendly, Inexpensive, customer service is on point and there always looking to make things easier and better for everyone in this industry.

Pros

I have zero of computer experience and I was able to run it smoothly with confidence in about 4 days tops. I'm still finding great things I had no idea that it existed in this software. It works like a very well oiled machine. No glitches in any of the application. I spend literally 12 plus hours a day inside of this software.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. and I have been using the software for over a month.

AMAZING, Gerard. Thank you! You are THE BEST! The AscendTMS Team!

AO

Andrew O.

Great software

Good support!

Pros

Convenience, Easy to use! great integrations

Cons

All features good for us, Quick books and invoicing awesome

AWESOME - YOU ROCK, ANDREW! Thanks for the most amazing review. The AscendTMS Team

RD

Ralph D.

Import and Export, self-employed

A TMS System for Everyone

Overall Ascend has been great with amazing customer service. Jayme Konja in particular has been extremely helpful in reaching out just to make sure I am enjoying my experience and always willing to help when I have questions and listen when I have suggestions.

Pros

AscendTMS is a wonderful product whether your a Freight Broker doing drayage and OTR or a Carrier with assets. Ascend is a one stop shop for all your TMS needs. From tracking loads to billing out loads everything works great in an easy to use manner.

Cons

The one thing working in this industry is getting carriers to adopt new technology. I find that sending tendered loads via email for some of my more seasoned carriers is a pain. The text with a link feature is great and easy for my guys to use. Also, perhaps adding a feature where the BOL can be signed via phone. The carriers do no have access to printer on the road so as great as it is that AscendTMS generates a BOL it is somewhat useless when a random load comes in and the guys are on the road and are not able to use it.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING FEEDBACK!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

JF

Jason F.

Ascend TMS Review

I do like it for order management for which we use it for. Easy to use.

Pros

You can manipulate fields and customize the look for what your role is

Cons

Some changes cannot be undone. We don't use all the functions so this mainly the only issue I have had

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

DG

Daniel G.

Up and coming, but great support. They always answer the phone.

Pros

Ease of Use & customizability are key in my line of work. I can control my own views and also can reach someone every-time I try to get tutorials when needed.

Cons

I think there should be a 24 hour support line. Also, the system tends to go under temporary construction quite a bit at times of the day I can't afford it to. I will say the frequency of this has certainly decreased in recent months.

Daniel - thanks for the amazing review. Yes - we we're adding so many new customers every day (were are at over 13,300 customers as I write this) that we had to quadruple our server capacity and our horsepower (again!!!). That's why you've noticed significant improvements in AscendTMS response times and speeds. Again - thanks for the amazing support from you and your entire team, Daniel!

GI

Giuseppe I.

Logistics and Supply Chain, self-employed

Love ascend TMS Thanks for making logistics management affordable

Pros

load management and document generation and tracking

Cons

integration with my factoring company is not always smooth. Tracking could be better

SIMPLY AMAZING., Thank you so much!!!

TB

Thomas B.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Tom The owner

Pros

Ascend is very easy to use and the support is right there, even if you are a new user. Others have called to tell us about their similar product, but they can even get close to you. You are way ahead of everyone for this technology. keep up the good work and we will keep moving freight. Thanks

Cons

In the early day when it went down it took a while but that hasnt happen in a while

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!! Thank you!

Adrian L.

Does great for us!

The software is great for keeping docs and notes organized on our carriers and reporting functions have been very helpful to streamline our SOP's.

Pros

I enjoy the document organization and archiving functions for keeping files on our preferred carriers. Also the reporting functions give us great insight into areas of improvement internally.

Cons

Occasionally adding a new carrier finding a carrier with a newer MC number can be frustrating but out side of that no problems!

cj

christopher j.

Logistics and Supply Chain, self-employed

Ascend Tms

Pros

professionalism, Easy to use, Best support team I have ever worked with.

Cons

Adding shippers/receivers sometimes doesnt save.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. Thank you from the ENTIRE team!!!!!

JY

Joseph Y.

Great Service and Great Price

Great! Customer service is always available to help and lets me get my drivers there rate confirmations super quick. I would recommend AcsendTMS to anyone in the industry because of it's simple and organized functions.

Pros

The all in one ability to post, book, and build a load. Great software also to keep track of rates.

Cons

Only thing is once in a while will take a while to load a reporting page.

Thank you so much for this very special review! The AscendTMS Team.

BK

Brock K.

Overall, I give this 5 star rating

There are so many great features that come with this TMS system that I really cannot believe that the cost is LESS than half what my previous TMS system was. The biggest thing about this system that hampers my "ease of use" rating is in regards to how easy it is to use for people that are not familiar with TMS software. I have dispatchers that will not use this system because of the time it takes...

Pros

Continually creative ideas, cutting edge innovation, outstanding customer service

Cons

Takes too long to build loads; too many panes to navigate

Brock - amazing review. Thanks. Regarding building loads...our EXPERT VIEW goes live this week...it does EVERYTHING you experts asked for. Enjoy! The AscendTMS Team