Bookmark Reviews

AI-powered website builder

Review Summary

Pros

Dashboard is simple to navigate and the page builder is very easy to use. I am confident that I will be able to win new clients over with once they experience this terrific product for themsleves.

Charlie W.

What i like most is that you can get help on anything you need. Also that the AI does all the hard work for u overall all its just so easy and i would recommend this its awesome.

Martha p.

The community is very active and help each other out. I have the sense that great things are coming in the near future.

David L.

Cons

It's not terrible but load times are not ideal.

Michael Y.

My biggest complaint is the customer service is a 9-5 position, so you really can’t rely on them even when they are in the office it takes them forever to respond back.

Ronnie S.

It still needs work, but would work for the average Joe. They really need to work on their customer service though is my biggest complaint.

Ronnie S.

Bookmark Is Awesome!

I am helping people that are not tech savvy claim their footprints on the internet.

Pros

I like that is affordable and has ease of use. I like that there are tips and online trainings to help grow the business.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable. The image editing is not that great when trying to have an image fit better. I also wish it looked better on mobile.

An Excellent Alternative to WordPress and Other Website Builders

Overall, I am very pleased with Bookmark. You get a lot for a very reasonable amount of money. It allows just the right amount of backend customization, yet not so much that it becomes a burden for users who don't want to get bogged down with features they don't understand.

Pros

I really like how easy Bookmark is to use. It really has all the features I look for in a website builder, without a lot of the headaches people can run into when they use WordPress. I like to use it to build websites for my small business clients who are looking for a dependable website that looks beautiful, but who may not be tech savvy enough to want to deal with learning WordPress.

Cons

The AI builder in Bookmark is fun to use, but I think it could do more to scrape current sites and pull in images that are relevant to my client's current web assets. The AI builder is a great way to quickly build a great looking and functional demo site, but I don't really understand how it is actually using AI. It kind of seems slightly gimmicky in that respect. That said, I still think the AI builder is time saving feature and it is worth using it to spin up a quick website.

Take the money and run!

Seemed okay at first but now I HATE working with them.

Pros

Easy to visually set up the website but that's about it.

Cons

You can't upload your blogs and keep the same url, if you pay for their email or it is included in the plan they won't help you with setup, you can't take payment over the phone effectively, customer support just refers you to online irrelevant guides...I don't think they know their own system. I was promised a google credit that they didn't honor. I move to bookmark for more simplicity but since I've moved my SEO has tanked, my sales have struggled, and all I get from bookmark are shrugs. I asked what it would take to get a refund since I paid for a year in advance and they told me there are no refunds. I will appeal to ecwid who they build their system on and hopefully they will be more reasonable.

Hello Matthew, with all due respect we've been helping you for 5 months with every question you've asked. In fact, the total messages back and forth with the support team is 498. We tried really hard to help you Matthew. I think this review is unfairly written. And in regards to the Google Ads $100 credit. Google changed their rules and was no longer offering this credit. So we weren't able to pass it along to you.

BookMark

My overall experience has been life easier and more helpful when I need to get back to certain websites or documents. It's a overall trusted so far and great software to use for your browsers.

Pros

Best thing about Bookmark is having all your pages, documents, pictures, anything you can think of bookmark keeps it on your browser. I constantly use this software being on the internet to keep all my pages that I want and need.

Cons

No cons or anything I can list that I can complain about. I've never lost anything I've had in my Bookmarks

How did I go so long without this product

I have a large distributed web with multiple subscription sites, clients, and marketing pages. Bookmarks helps me streamline and bring all that in under control. They are wonderful at this point to work with and I don't forsee that their committment to their product is going to change. I'm happy to have found them.

Pros

Quick and easy framework setup using the digital assistant helps me get the website off and running and allows me to focus on the customer and their content.

Cons

Some work still needs to be done on the blog feature, but the websites and ecommerce is a grand slam.

Bookmark makes website creation, migration and find tuning easy!

Pros

Since migrating the website away from Wix the speed of our website on the Bookmark platform has increased dramatically. Bookmark is a very handy tool for creating a website and has increased the performance of our site immediately. Truly excellent service and product.

Cons

At first the modules were a bit tricky to get used to while initially customizing the site. However, using the video tutorials I was able to figure most of it out on my own.

Phenomenal Product

Great support and returned my emails promptly.

Pros

So simple to use with animation , thousands of videos to choose from .

Cons

Software is perfect, just need to add more full contact sports to video library, but thats minor

Great AI website builder with lots of potential

Overall I love the platform and its potential. It is lacking in a few features right now because it's a bit newer than other platforms on the market; however Bookmark is prioritizing and releasing more functionality all the time. In a few months I believe this will be one of the top website builders out there.

Pros

I love how quick it is to get a shell of a website up and running, ready for editing. I can use the AI builder to pick an industry and my style, then it creates a fully functional website in a couple minutes. Of course then you can edit it to match your color scheme and update your content to make it reflect your own brand, which will take some time of course. But getting to the point where you can...

Cons

Currently it's missing some key functionality that I know they are working on and will be added soon. But at the moment their blog features are lacking. There isn't a way to save a blog post layout and use it as a template going forward for future blog posts. You have to recreate each post from scratch. Also no way to dynamically display the last n blog posts, for example to display a blog feed on your home page. You currently have to build that manually. Functionality is supposedly being built to address these issues soon.

we had 2 staff check if out after purchasing a LTD lifetime deal on APPSUMO

Nothing difficult to use. We selected it for ease of use for non techy staff, while the deal and value were amazing!!! Switched over last Fall 2019 so would be ready for January 2020 and it allowed us to hit the deadline. It refreshed or reinvigorated out outdated web brand. It allowed us to fix this in record time saving us $4000 with our old company. It became a staff DIY project that seemed...

Pros

They loved the intuitive AIDA approach. I was going to dish out $4000 on a new site, but they had it up and running within 6 to 7 hours utilizing all the old outdated website good stuff for copy and upgrading some new ideas easily while having a great new refreshed brand look that our clients commented on as we represent their brands when recruiting staff for them. www.execusource.ca is the new site. The old Search Firm (Staffing Corp) site was http://www.execusourcegroup.com/

Cons

I know I have allot of Wordpress plugsint that are not useable with it, but who care.

Simplicity and speed

Perfect for any people who need a site in literally minutes, have zero coding knowledge and want to start off with something that is not expensive.

Pros

The AI helps set up and then re-design basically any type of website within less than 3 minutes. Then customization is easy. Also, this is very good for people who really are not tech-savvy at all, the admin platform is clean and easy to grasp. The pricing is also very good and comes with extras on the yearly plan.

Cons

I tried to have the homepage totally, hidden, that is impossible so I had to put something on my homepage. The page creation function for landing page types could be a bit more customizable. Also, the help materials would need a bit of extra work to include more information and scenarios.

Flexible, Fast, and Friggin' Awesome

Pros

From the first step of creating a new site to the final touches, Bookmark is by far the most efficient and quick builder I have used to date. And not to mention the most fun. The different creation options are a great option too. Some more main features that I love to use, and that differentiate Bookmark from other builders: - Super quick addition of 'focus' page sections - Ability to edit text and...

Cons

Here are some very specific things, not necessarily even a worry for most people but worth mentioning, for niche use cases. These are more along the line of suggestions, and maybe even some of these things are on the development forecast: - built-in form doesn't have really any flexibility (But it still does work well). Also my form keyword attribution tracking software code doesn't seem to detect...

Amazing customer service, easy to use, incredible output

Helped me design a website lickety split, great imagery, great start to build on. love that we can add ecommerce on when it is time. I've already recommended the product to other friends I have that are starting their own businesses too.

Pros

Pretty simple to use with drag and drop modules. I liked that it generated as many different websites as I could imagine and saved them all so I could go back and pick and choose. The images are super impactful and I LOVE that they are all royalty free. Very cool that they have an add a blog option. The support is AMAZING!!! As easy as it is to use, it takes some time to ramp up on how it works and the support is right there for you. They are really patient and helpful and I used a lot of their how to guides.

Cons

There are different types of 'focuses' which are kind of like templates and it looks like the generated websites combine them in the same manner. It would be awesome if I could pick and choose the focus formats that I wanted. Stronger blog capabilities like commenting and sharing would make it perfect!

Hi Michelle, thank you for leaving uy a review. We've addressing both of your Cons in the near future by improving our blog feature and we'll soon be adding many many more focuses to choose from for each type of focus. Will be sort of like an ala cart ability for sections of your website.

Customer Focused on the forefront

Clean, sharp website a site that will drive traffic and customers. Once I eliminate the sub domain it will be complete. for the price its an unbeatable value!

Pros

The support by far is impeccable, I have had to wait for no longer than a few minutes for a response from someone . They are willing to help with issues, of understanding & best use of work around solutions. They are not only customer focused but solution focused as well. My experience is only with the free version currently and look forward to upgrading, they have helped me achieve initial results in 2 weeks time frame of a site. They have e-learning classes and tools to help you get the most out of your experience & I definitely recommend using them. There are a lot of companies out there that could learn something from this company...

Cons

I think the only con I have is the use of their 3rd party modules. I think they would be better off creating the modules in house so that they have the control and access to assist & more readily available. That's truly it because they have resolved every issue or question I have had.

Thank you Christopher, we're happy to help you get your website off the ground and assist you in anyway.

Excellent product feature rich website builder

Beautiful website, easy to update and change around my content.

Pros

I've reached many website builders and found this one to be the easiest to use as the AI software builds your website for you and its beautiful. After my site was built I spent another hour adding my images and words and was ready to go.

Cons

I don't have any negative aspects yet to report. I have been happy with the service and would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you Terry, we're happy to have taken care of your needs. Appreciate the kind words.

If you want fast, you'll get fast!

Bookmark is a great tool to use for a business website and e-commerce. It's fast and easy to use. I'm pretty satisfied and definitely will be using them for my clients websites.

Pros

What I like most about Bookmark is how easy it is to build a premium website and how fast the website is. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

The cons of Bookmark is you can't add modules to Focuses and you can't use your own fonts. They need improvement on how video module displays.

My Favorite Website development

So far so good!

Pros

Bookmark have a lot of features that is for me very important for the kind of work that I do. I did my Website fast and professional without any problems.

Cons

They need probably to add more features on the premium websites, because when you click on widget you need to update to business.

Nice and Easy!

I really love BookMark and have high hopes for whats to come. I can easily create a new website from start to finish even if I have no design or coding experience at all. My only grip is for a semi advanced user (not a developer), the automatic use of AIDA is sometimes a little annoying and I would rather build my sites from scratch. Besides building from scratch to be able to place the exact things...

Pros

With SSL included and the AIDA System (Artificial Intelligence Design System), BookMark makes it virtually impossible to mess up the steps to creating your new website.

Cons

As a more advanced user, I sometimes would also like to start from scratch building a site without using the AIDA system.

Build Your Website Bookmark

With Bookmark, it is possible to build manage your website within minutes. I have used it to build a handful of websites of my own. It is reliable

Pros

Bookmark requires virtually no coding knowledge to operate. That is incredible. It provides a fast and easy way to build your website and get it running. It also provides a platform where you can reach out to more and more clients and customers. It is awesome. It is user-friendly

Cons

It is quite expensive, especially for small businesses. The rate at which they charge month to month is higher than what they charge for a round year. This makes the initial offering really expensive

This is the easiest website building a platform I have ever seen

Overall this platform has a ton of potential and for someone who is a small business owner, or someone that wants to build a personal branding site, this is a very robust tool that will make your life so much easier. Most of the hard work when it comes to building the website is getting the frame work done and bookmark does all of that for you. This literally saved me 20 hours of work.

Pros

My favorite thing about the platform as that you can give it a general overview of the type of site you want, and then you can give the artificial intelligence direction by choosing clean, bright, modern and within 30 seconds my entire frame work was done.

Cons

You cannot edit and build from an iPad. Most website builders don’t have that capability either but if they offered it, this would be perfect.

wonderful time-saving tool for web site owners & designers

I've designed my business web site with Bookmark. The ease of use and the inclusion of the hosting platform have enabled me to focus on my content and my customers. I will never ever again waste my time with a CMS and a hosting company.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact it relives me from having to find a hosting company, pay for a plan, install and manage, secure, maintain a CMS and a data base. This is so much simpler and much more efficient. Bookmark allows me to focus on my content and my business rather than wasting my time with my infrastructure.

Cons

Really, there is nothing that I don't like. Bookmark is already excellent and will mature over time. I am looking forward to the enhancements and new features.

Awesome!

A best-in-class all-round website builder. Definitely one of the best out there.

Pros

- Very easy to use - Extremely intuitive - quick & professional themes - quick hosting - Support is committed

Cons

- I do like to have a bit more features, like the ability to change CSS in elements - Export a website as HTML / CSS

Bookmark

Bookmark your Internet browser as a separate menu and the links you add are listed in this menu. Each URL you add is added as a line to the Bookmark menu, and you can access the URL you added by clicking on this line. Favorite links are used just like Bookmark.

Pros

It is possible to access the names of the sites you visit frequently or by one click without having to write the entire URL.

Cons

I would like new updates and new features. But We can not see that last times. I think Bookmark squad must find new things for customers.

Incredible product: Absolutely love it

My consulting service now has a professional website that can be managed anywhere Cients are asking how much I spent on my new site :)love the storage, hosted with amazon Squarespace is as relevant as Nokia now ;)

Pros

Very easy to setup The AI is really fast and made it a fun/easy process Works well with index and search The customer service is excellent, live chat and problem solving I love the blog section Setting up an agency for long term clients (I will host for free) and some startups Video and photo intergration is very coo;

Cons

None so far Haven't spent alot of time in the agency plan but looks good

Great Product, lots of features and growing, attentive support

Excellent - Helped me with my personal website and then I later bought the Agency package that will allow me to design other websites - And get PAID to do it. Customer service has always been very patient in explaining things, chasing down issues, and going above and beyond to support. I have been recommending this to all of my friends who need to build their own websites. Great Product.

Pros

Takes the fear and difficulty out of creating a website. Also has elements that do the creative for you if this is not your business. For any small or start up business, this is a super quick way to get a professional website up and running quickly. I love the ability to expand to ecommerce and add a blog at a later date when we get there.

Cons

They are constantly making updates and adding new features, so there are software glitches to be ironed out. I have seen their roadmap and impressed with where they want to take it, so I am willing to weather the storm, if any, that it takes to get there.

Innovative & Simple

This is the third website builder I've tried out. I saw the reviews here and thought I would try it out myself to create a website for our student organization. Was really impressed by the ease of use as they specifically catered to our organization's needs and gave me a first version of a website with a beautiful template that had all I needed without having to do anything. All I had to do was literally add some content/text and replace a couple of pictures. I had a look at the plans offered, feel like it's fair to pay 12 per month to have a website with hosting, storage and being able to connect domain. Overall I was happy with the service I got and think this website is going to grow very rapidly.

Pros

Templates, ease of use, innovative features.

Cons

It took me a couple of minutes to understand how to apply the changes I wanted in the website. After that, it became easy.

Thank you, we're happy you are having a positive experience with Bookmark