Bookmark Logo

Bookmark

Spend time running your business, not your website.

Bookmark Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.84/10

Reviews by rating

My overall experience has been life easier and more helpful when I need to get back to certain websites or documents. It's a overall trusted so far and great software to use for your browsers.
I love that it is easy to setup and offers beautiful backgrounds to use if you are beginning.
I like that is affordable and has ease of use. I like that there are tips and online trainings to help grow the business.
This has not happened and I am told there is no definitive date. I'm disappointed because my decision to adopt was based on this integration.
There is no real dislike. It may be just me but there is a bit of a learning curve, I've only just started though.
Shop url capabilities are seriously poor too, the last ecommerce website we built we had to rebuild on wix so that each product had its own meta data.

Mat K.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

This is the easiest website building a platform I have ever seen

Transcript

Mat K.: My name's Mat and I'm the founder of our company. And when it comes to Bookmark, I would definitely...

Nathan L.

Website Design Specialist

Internet, 201-500 employees

Great idea but lacking in its power.

Transcript

Nathan: Hi, my name is Nathan. I'm a founder of a small online business. I give Bookmark a three out...

Beau K.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mandatory For Some Books

Overall, this application is basically the same thing as Kindle and it does a good job. It is also free!

Pros

It is clear and easy to read books from this application. The application is clean and pleasant and has so many books for you to choose from.

Cons

I wish that navigation through the application was a little bit more user friendly. I like to scroll through my books while I am reading (a navigation bar) but with this application I had to change each page individually if i wanted to skip a chapter or go back to re-read something.

Christopher B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Customer Focused on the forefront

Clean, sharp website a site that will drive traffic and customers. Once I eliminate the sub domain it will be complete. for the price its an unbeatable value!

Pros

The support by far is impeccable, I have had to wait for no longer than a few minutes for a response from someone . They are willing to help with issues, of understanding & best use of work around solutions. They are not only customer focused but solution focused as well. My experience is only with the free version currently and look forward to upgrading, they have helped me achieve initial results in 2 weeks time frame of a site. They have e-learning classes and tools to help you get the most out of your experience & I definitely recommend using them. There are a lot of companies out there that could learn something from this company...

Cons

I think the only con I have is the use of their 3rd party modules. I think they would be better off creating the modules in house so that they have the control and access to assist & more readily available. That's truly it because they have resolved every issue or question I have had.

Thank you Christopher, we're happy to help you get your website off the ground and assist you in anyway.

AP

Amber P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

not impressed

My experience with bookmark?. I feel like I should've went with Spotify for my e-commerce page and kept my old website. It would've been much easier that way. I was told it would be easier this way and it is not.

Pros

The Thing I liked most about the software. Is that I could do it from home when we are in a lockdown situation. And I was told it would be up and running within five days. That didn't happen but that's another story.

Cons

That i didn't have a choice in the design. There is no spell check. You cannot add a table to show pricing better. and my website is one VERY long page

Sarai C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Nice and Easy!

I really love BookMark and have high hopes for whats to come. I can easily create a new website from start to finish even if I have no design or coding experience at all. My only grip is for a semi advanced user (not a developer), the automatic use of AIDA is sometimes a little annoying and I would rather build my sites from scratch. Besides building from scratch to be able to place the exact things...

Pros

With SSL included and the AIDA System (Artificial Intelligence Design System), BookMark makes it virtually impossible to mess up the steps to creating your new website.

Cons

As a more advanced user, I sometimes would also like to start from scratch building a site without using the AIDA system.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Build Your Website Bookmark

With Bookmark, it is possible to build manage your website within minutes. I have used it to build a handful of websites of my own. It is reliable

Pros

Bookmark requires virtually no coding knowledge to operate. That is incredible. It provides a fast and easy way to build your website and get it running. It also provides a platform where you can reach out to more and more clients and customers. It is awesome. It is user-friendly

Cons

It is quite expensive, especially for small businesses. The rate at which they charge month to month is higher than what they charge for a round year. This makes the initial offering really expensive

SC

Serge C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

wonderful time-saving tool for web site owners & designers

I've designed my business web site with Bookmark. The ease of use and the inclusion of the hosting platform have enabled me to focus on my content and my customers. I will never ever again waste my time with a CMS and a hosting company.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact it relives me from having to find a hosting company, pay for a plan, install and manage, secure, maintain a CMS and a data base. This is so much simpler and much more efficient. Bookmark allows me to focus on my content and my business rather than wasting my time with my infrastructure.

Cons

Really, there is nothing that I don't like. Bookmark is already excellent and will mature over time. I am looking forward to the enhancements and new features.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Awesome!

A best-in-class all-round website builder. Definitely one of the best out there.

Pros

- Very easy to use - Extremely intuitive - quick & professional themes - quick hosting - Support is committed

Cons

- I do like to have a bit more features, like the ability to change CSS in elements - Export a website as HTML / CSS

Todd S.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Bookmark for Business

So far everything has been great, customer service is outstanding, especially Cam.

Pros

I never knew anything about building a website for my business so I loved the pre designed templates and the focus. I also love that the site mapping is done for me.

Cons

I would like it to be a little more user friendly. I sometimes have some trouble dragging modules into focus areas, seems like it’s not allowed so I don’t have 100% control. I would also like a menu option for side menu bar.

Kalann W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Warning: Bookmark will make

Pros

Bookmark isn't for the fan of the long night website designing grind: Those late nights when machine and man become one (those nights your back is so sore you literally can't leave your laptop). If you like reading mind numbing hours worth of code only to miss a few key parts that keep you stressed out and close to tears, please don't use this product. Because Bookmark uses AI to assist in the design process, the most arduous part of building is out of the way, and what normally might take anywhere from 6-3000 hours just to get started can be finished in under an hour. So if you despise easy to understand, simple to follow, clean design tools, check out Bookmark.

Cons

It's so simple you'll want to start new projects before finishing the current ones. How dare they!

Alexandra H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Simplicity and speed

Perfect for any people who need a site in literally minutes, have zero coding knowledge and want to start off with something that is not expensive.

Pros

The AI helps set up and then re-design basically any type of website within less than 3 minutes. Then customization is easy. Also, this is very good for people who really are not tech-savvy at all, the admin platform is clean and easy to grasp. The pricing is also very good and comes with extras on the yearly plan.

Cons

I tried to have the homepage totally, hidden, that is impossible so I had to put something on my homepage. The page creation function for landing page types could be a bit more customizable. Also, the help materials would need a bit of extra work to include more information and scenarios.

DR

Derek R.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Solid and High Quality

So far so goof, excited to see how things progress in the future

Pros

A definite pro is the ease of laying out a successful site and optimizing flow.

Cons

Sometimes the tools lag, format is different in editor than draft "live site"

LE

Linda E.

Design, self-employed

If you want fast, you'll get fast!

Bookmark is a great tool to use for a business website and e-commerce. It's fast and easy to use. I'm pretty satisfied and definitely will be using them for my clients websites.

Pros

What I like most about Bookmark is how easy it is to build a premium website and how fast the website is. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

The cons of Bookmark is you can't add modules to Focuses and you can't use your own fonts. They need improvement on how video module displays.

SJ

Suraya J.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Bookmark review

Overall Bookmark has made it very simple to get an online store up and running in a couple days!

Pros

I really like how easy it was to get started and the chat feature to assist you when needed.

Cons

I found the shipping feature through E-commerce a bit tricky to adjust on different products.

GP

Gaston P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great Product, lots of features and growing, attentive support

Excellent - Helped me with my personal website and then I later bought the Agency package that will allow me to design other websites - And get PAID to do it. Customer service has always been very patient in explaining things, chasing down issues, and going above and beyond to support. I have been recommending this to all of my friends who need to build their own websites. Great Product.

Pros

Takes the fear and difficulty out of creating a website. Also has elements that do the creative for you if this is not your business. For any small or start up business, this is a super quick way to get a professional website up and running quickly. I love the ability to expand to ecommerce and add a blog at a later date when we get there.

Cons

They are constantly making updates and adding new features, so there are software glitches to be ironed out. I have seen their roadmap and impressed with where they want to take it, so I am willing to weather the storm, if any, that it takes to get there.

ER

Evon R.

Music, self-employed

Overall it was great. I did have some issues, but CSR helped out a lot!

I was able to create two websites and reserve the domains, but I didn't have to launch both sites at the same time. I also learned a little more about web design.

Pros

I like how the team is there to help you on site when you have problems, and I like the low cost of it. I also like how you can build as many websites as you want or need.

Cons

The only thing is that sometimes I needed help and I had to wait for hours for a reply lol But, once I got a reply, they helped resolve the issue quickly.

Thank you Evon, it was a pleasure to assist you on your website building endeavours. We'll be here for you whenever you need us.

YH

Yasir H.

Used other for less than 6 months

Bookmark Website Builder Review

So far 6/5

Pros

I love this #1 because it is Canadian, I really searched around looking for something local, I was very happy to find these guys, and to add it has a very beautiful clean look, easy to to features. I'm just a new user so still getting used to alot of things, but I am excited about it. I originally found this for blog purposes, but I might in the future create a website for my real estate business. I like the fact that I have absolute control over the website. I also like the fact that chat help is very fast.

Cons

Adding a blog was a bit difficult to find as it was in the setting which was kind of weird, I only found that after getting tired of searching in the obvious sections, anyways its all good and all my fault because I didn't bother to take those online free website courses offered by Bookmark, I am too sure that I could have saved alot of time that way.

NL

Nathan L.

Computer Software, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Great idea but lacking in its power.

I tried bookmark for around 8 months but found that it was not meeting my needs. I needed something more powerful so I eventually moved on from bookmark.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to get a functioning site running with Bookmark. Their AI does it for you. Its speed from concept to creation sets it apart.

Cons

There is little to no customization. Bookmark is quite rigid and there is little to no flexibility once you get started on a project. Bookmark lacks a lot of customization firepower compared to WordPress.

MM

Mandial M.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Fast and easy website

I’m very happy to have found Bookmark. It saved me a ton of time and headache building my website.

Pros

I really liked that I could build the website, literally, in 2 minutes. I could then make changes from there to make the website suit my style.

Cons

Bookmark is a new platform, so it’ll take time to get all the features you want from a website builder, but the support is great and they are rolling out new updates all the time.

SC

Sherry C.

Retail, self-employed

My Bookmark Review

I'm new to Bookmark so I don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but I do like it.

Pros

It has really nice templates and features. It is fairly simple to use, and the customer service an help is outstanding. I love that they are based out of Toronto too!

RS

Ronnie S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Bookmark AI web design

Ease of use was great; however it lacks the ability to get into the code and do something powerful with it. Like I said it’s great for like a service business brochure style website. It’s AI is more of an algorithm they use to come up with random layouts to start with. It still needs work, but would work for the average Joe. They really need to work on their customer service though is my biggest complaint.

Pros

It makes the process of building a brochure style site a breeze. The AI as it’s called will come up with a random style layout for you to start with.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the customer service is a 9-5 position, so you really can’t rely on them even when they are in the office it takes them forever to respond back. As far as being an online hosting business they should be 24 x7 which they lack. Most other big name hosting providers are 24 x 7

NE

Nicholas E.

Great customer service. Helped me through every issue that I ever had with building my website!

Pros

Very easy to use. It was very easy for us to create a beautiful site. Also loved the free training courses they have in the back, its been very insightful so far.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Bookmark. There were a few glitches we had to work through but now that those problems are solved I can focus solely on our business.

Mahdi B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

It's a great platform for anyone with little knowledge to make great websites

I really like the idea of using AI to build fully functional websites in a very short time and it helps you create websites are mobile optimized

Pros

Ease of use, mobile compatible websites, customer support

Cons

Nothing in particular, the only thing I can say I hope was easier to install some custome icons like Facebook messanger

Michael Y.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Bookmark... Is there value?

Pros

The pricing for what they offer is really decent. It's relatively easy to use and what I don't understand, I ask and they are great at guiding you through.

Cons

It's not terrible but load times are not ideal. This is so important when it comes to keeping interest.

EC

Eric C.

Photography, self-employed

Bookmark website

I like that this platform will keep me from tweaking. Since that's a weakness

Pros

I like it's ease of use, Aida makes your initial setup easy.

Cons

Some of the tools still need some work, setting up pages can be a little tricky and the third party plugins can get expensive quickly

Marcus S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Quality AI website builder

Pros

Bookmark’s AIDA created my projects website so quickly I was really impressed with the design that was presented to me by the AI.

Cons

There is nothing bad about this platform, the team is doing a great job !

Thanks for the review Marcus