Bookmark Logo

Bookmark

Spend time running your business, not your website.

Bookmark Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.86/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

My overall experience has been life easier and more helpful when I need to get back to certain websites or documents. It's a overall trusted so far and great software to use for your browsers.
I love that it is easy to setup and offers beautiful backgrounds to use if you are beginning.
I like that is affordable and has ease of use. I like that there are tips and online trainings to help grow the business.
This has not happened and I am told there is no definitive date. I'm disappointed because my decision to adopt was based on this integration.
There is no real dislike. It may be just me but there is a bit of a learning curve, I've only just started though.
Shop url capabilities are seriously poor too, the last ecommerce website we built we had to rebuild on wix so that each product had its own meta data.

Nathan L.

Website Design Specialist

Internet, 201-500 employees

Great idea but lacking in its power.

Transcript

Nathan: Hi, my name is Nathan. I'm a founder of a small online business. I give Bookmark a three out...

Mat K.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

This is the easiest website building a platform I have ever seen

Transcript

Mat K.: My name's Mat and I'm the founder of our company. And when it comes to Bookmark, I would definitely...

Beau K.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mandatory For Some Books

Overall, this application is basically the same thing as Kindle and it does a good job. It is also free!

Pros

It is clear and easy to read books from this application. The application is clean and pleasant and has so many books for you to choose from.

Cons

I wish that navigation through the application was a little bit more user friendly. I like to scroll through my books while I am reading (a navigation bar) but with this application I had to change each page individually if i wanted to skip a chapter or go back to re-read something.

Joel S.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Fast, Simple, and Powerful Site Builder

From setup to deployment of a site, I've found Bookmark to be as good as the other site builders while keeping it's own, fun personality.

Pros

Aida, the AI sure builder takes hours out of the design process, giving you several options in just a few minutes. Once built, the websites are really fast which I love. Customer support has always been super helpful.

Cons

When changing a design on a section, you lose the text you've entered. Also, if you copy a section and paste, you'll actually overwrite the section unless you copy, add a section, then paste.

AP

Amber P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

not impressed

My experience with bookmark?. I feel like I should've went with Spotify for my e-commerce page and kept my old website. It would've been much easier that way. I was told it would be easier this way and it is not.

Pros

The Thing I liked most about the software. Is that I could do it from home when we are in a lockdown situation. And I was told it would be up and running within five days. That didn't happen but that's another story.

Cons

That i didn't have a choice in the design. There is no spell check. You cannot add a table to show pricing better. and my website is one VERY long page

Sarai C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Nice and Easy!

I really love BookMark and have high hopes for whats to come. I can easily create a new website from start to finish even if I have no design or coding experience at all. My only grip is for a semi advanced user (not a developer), the automatic use of AIDA is sometimes a little annoying and I would rather build my sites from scratch. Besides building from scratch to be able to place the exact things...

Pros

With SSL included and the AIDA System (Artificial Intelligence Design System), BookMark makes it virtually impossible to mess up the steps to creating your new website.

Cons

As a more advanced user, I sometimes would also like to start from scratch building a site without using the AIDA system.

SC

Serge C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

wonderful time-saving tool for web site owners & designers

I've designed my business web site with Bookmark. The ease of use and the inclusion of the hosting platform have enabled me to focus on my content and my customers. I will never ever again waste my time with a CMS and a hosting company.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact it relives me from having to find a hosting company, pay for a plan, install and manage, secure, maintain a CMS and a data base. This is so much simpler and much more efficient. Bookmark allows me to focus on my content and my business rather than wasting my time with my infrastructure.

Cons

Really, there is nothing that I don't like. Bookmark is already excellent and will mature over time. I am looking forward to the enhancements and new features.

Todd S.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Bookmark for Business

So far everything has been great, customer service is outstanding, especially Cam.

Pros

I never knew anything about building a website for my business so I loved the pre designed templates and the focus. I also love that the site mapping is done for me.

Cons

I would like it to be a little more user friendly. I sometimes have some trouble dragging modules into focus areas, seems like it’s not allowed so I don’t have 100% control. I would also like a menu option for side menu bar.

Kalann W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Warning: Bookmark will make

Pros

Bookmark isn't for the fan of the long night website designing grind: Those late nights when machine and man become one (those nights your back is so sore you literally can't leave your laptop). If you like reading mind numbing hours worth of code only to miss a few key parts that keep you stressed out and close to tears, please don't use this product. Because Bookmark uses AI to assist in the design process, the most arduous part of building is out of the way, and what normally might take anywhere from 6-3000 hours just to get started can be finished in under an hour. So if you despise easy to understand, simple to follow, clean design tools, check out Bookmark.

Cons

It's so simple you'll want to start new projects before finishing the current ones. How dare they!

Alexandra H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Simplicity and speed

Perfect for any people who need a site in literally minutes, have zero coding knowledge and want to start off with something that is not expensive.

Pros

The AI helps set up and then re-design basically any type of website within less than 3 minutes. Then customization is easy. Also, this is very good for people who really are not tech-savvy at all, the admin platform is clean and easy to grasp. The pricing is also very good and comes with extras on the yearly plan.

Cons

I tried to have the homepage totally, hidden, that is impossible so I had to put something on my homepage. The page creation function for landing page types could be a bit more customizable. Also, the help materials would need a bit of extra work to include more information and scenarios.

Sougata S.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Excellent Product- So Far the Most Unique I have Seen

Pros

I like the AI Designs. It does not compromise the quality HD Pictures in Every Page Makes complete website with contact form including captcha

Cons

I do not see any cons so far in the software

Holly G.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Easy and Fast

I have been using Bookmark for a few months and got the agency plan to create websites for others. Their Aida makes it easy to start a site, then you just edit the items you want. I like it and plan to keep trying different modules.

Pros

I love that this is drag and drop. It's very easy to add new sections, modules, etc. It looks beautiful! Easy to upload photos or use a link to your photo online. Great customer service.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot change the template after you have saved the site. You have to create a new site. Aida is quick and easy, but not every template has everything I need. And you can't just choose a template. You have to wait for Aida to create something you like. All the templates are cool, I'm just super picky.

Lauralee G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great way to get fast unique designs with their AI Feature!

Pros

Easy to setup a new website that looks great and is unique!

Cons

A bit of a learning curve to use it for some specific items.

LE

Linda E.

Design, self-employed

If you want fast, you'll get fast!

Bookmark is a great tool to use for a business website and e-commerce. It's fast and easy to use. I'm pretty satisfied and definitely will be using them for my clients websites.

Pros

What I like most about Bookmark is how easy it is to build a premium website and how fast the website is. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

The cons of Bookmark is you can't add modules to Focuses and you can't use your own fonts. They need improvement on how video module displays.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Build Your Website Bookmark

With Bookmark, it is possible to build manage your website within minutes. I have used it to build a handful of websites of my own. It is reliable

Pros

Bookmark requires virtually no coding knowledge to operate. That is incredible. It provides a fast and easy way to build your website and get it running. It also provides a platform where you can reach out to more and more clients and customers. It is awesome. It is user-friendly

Cons

It is quite expensive, especially for small businesses. The rate at which they charge month to month is higher than what they charge for a round year. This makes the initial offering really expensive

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Bookmark

Bookmark your Internet browser as a separate menu and the links you add are listed in this menu. Each URL you add is added as a line to the Bookmark menu, and you can access the URL you added by clicking on this line. Favorite links are used just like Bookmark.

Pros

It is possible to access the names of the sites you visit frequently or by one click without having to write the entire URL.

Cons

I would like new updates and new features. But We can not see that last times. I think Bookmark squad must find new things for customers.

SC

Sherry C.

Retail, self-employed

My Bookmark Review

I'm new to Bookmark so I don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but I do like it.

Pros

It has really nice templates and features. It is fairly simple to use, and the customer service an help is outstanding. I love that they are based out of Toronto too!

ER

Evon R.

Music, self-employed

Overall it was great. I did have some issues, but CSR helped out a lot!

I was able to create two websites and reserve the domains, but I didn't have to launch both sites at the same time. I also learned a little more about web design.

Pros

I like how the team is there to help you on site when you have problems, and I like the low cost of it. I also like how you can build as many websites as you want or need.

Cons

The only thing is that sometimes I needed help and I had to wait for hours for a reply lol But, once I got a reply, they helped resolve the issue quickly.

Thank you Evon, it was a pleasure to assist you on your website building endeavours. We'll be here for you whenever you need us.

RK

Rob K.

Full marks for Bookmark

I'd created a few websites before looking at template-driven page layout products. After having previewed and test-driven a few the one that impressed me most was bookmark.com. I could see how their templates and process were suited to my own needs in a finished page. Once into the content positioning, a design-organizing process I couldn't believe how well it was implementing. I'm driven by design,...

Cons

Thank you Rob for the wonderful review.

CB

Courtney B.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

A Website Builder for the Future

Bookmark helped me to create something that I am truly proud of. I can not think of a better reason to suggest you give them a try.

Pros

Bookmark has something really great here. The websites are designed almost instantly and are tailored to your needs. They have every industry you could think of and no templates! I can not stress enough how important that is. I also really loved how easy it was to use. Their design wizard was friendly, easy to navigate and provided some great suggestions. With a little bit of customization afterwards through drag and drop, I had a fantastic website in such a short amount of time

Cons

There are some bugs but what software does not have them. After talking with support I was confident Bookmark would be there to help should I need it

DL

David L.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Bookmark Review

Great customer service and support. They are always there to help with any issues. The community is very active and help each other out. I have the sense that great things are coming in the near future.

Pros

Very easy to use and simple to learn. Endless possibilities for designs. Very fast after the sites are published. Love the preview mode for desktop,phone and tablets.

Cons

Not able to add plugins like WordPress. Still has bugs.

CO

Cara O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great AI website builder

This is a great tool for quick website and landing page building.

Pros

The AI component of this is awesome. Thorugh using it, I get websites and landing pages that do not look like a template and it is super quick to set up any website. The customization aspect is also very good. If I do not like what the AI has provided I just try again.

Cons

The learning curve on this was high as there were a lot of different components to it. I also like to host on my own server and there is no way to do that unless the site is exported.

Nicola S.

Printing, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Good, but improvable

Sufficient, but it ha potential to be better

Pros

Simple, affordable, but it has limits. Good the Ai builder

Cons

Improve integrations with third party could be a good thing to do

MS

Manikandan S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Agency Platform for Website Builder

Pros

AiDA for building the websites is the most beautiful

Cons

Not fully customizable for making use of Agency

Michael Y.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Bookmark... Is there value?

Pros

The pricing for what they offer is really decent. It's relatively easy to use and what I don't understand, I ask and they are great at guiding you through.

Cons

It's not terrible but load times are not ideal. This is so important when it comes to keeping interest.

LL

Lilly L.

The instructions are easy to understand and the web builder helpful and uncomplicated to navigate.

Pros

Clear instructions, user friendly, plus the extra benefit of offering "how-to" videos for the novice DIY webmaster was excellent help. The whole presentation of the web builder exuded a positive and helpful display of options, which was encouraging of creativity. The web builder quickly made my task of creating 77 pages for my articles go smoothly. Thank you, Bookmark!

Cons

I really can't think of anything that is negative about Bookmark. They have fine-tuned it to offer excellent service with the latest in technology for Internet websites. I hope they are around for a very long time!

Thank you Lilly for your kind words!

Marcus S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Quality AI website builder

Pros

Bookmark’s AIDA created my projects website so quickly I was really impressed with the design that was presented to me by the AI.

Cons

There is nothing bad about this platform, the team is doing a great job !

Thanks for the review Marcus